First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not good enough, not when enemies are hitting you or you're receiving someone else's spells. Sometimes even the animation of changing clothes will wait for all that crap. It's horrible.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-10 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Anyone really interacts with any players online at all?servers are empty,most people just use mutiple accounts to accomplish anything.

Anyone can solo most content with npcs, SE literally patched the game into a offline mmo. I don't see any purpose of paying a sub fee when SE finish Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. Unless you're ok with them stealing your money after November.

I swear by all that's holy, you are the most negative person in this thread. If you dislike the game as muh as your posts suggest, why in the bloody hell are you posting here at all?

Yes, i interact with people. No, my parties do not consist of myself and four trusts unless i choose to. No, not everyone five or sixboxes.

Your statements are ridiculous and therefore irrelevant to this topic. Troll elsewhere.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-10 14:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

He has been on this site for over 3 years, with nothing but negative remarks and bashing FFXI. Think about that, Latifah/missdivine, has been on this site for OVER THREE YEARS doing nothing but bashing this game. Look at all of his posts and see what I mean, I think they even tried playing again recently (or maybe they still do?) guy needs help.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Most players use clipper for this anyway

No.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
Catastrophe's miss rate.

People's perception of the miss rate of single-hit TP moves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-10 14:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Catastrophe's miss rate.

I thought that was Fudo's balancer...its apparent 70% whiff rate..
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 14:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe's miss rate.

They just need better gear and suck less.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 14:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Catastrophe's miss rate.

I thought that was Fudo's balancer...its apparent 70% whiff rate..
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Catastrophe's miss rate.

They just need better gear and suck less.

[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-10 14:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe's miss rate.

I understand that the miss rate is more noticeable on a single hit WS and its a lot more noticeable when you die because of it. Was ment as a joke since i know many that understand all this and joke about it all the time.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-11 07:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
We've had this same argument on the forums, I just realized, and I'm not going to continue it here. You're feel to think whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're not getting a 75 cap server, nor the reasons why, despite how much want to believe otherwise.

I could care less if we get those servers or not. Still doesn't change the facts. Hence why I'm still playing the game.

Assuming you won't continue here because abusing the report post feature doesn't work as well as the OF?

I will say this: I have been banned from the OF multiple times for disagreeing with the group think there. I got banned from the forums for posting in the "Why isn't there a classic server" thread, and I got banned for saying that Rudra's Storm shouldn't be nerfed, both times because of the sheer amount of butthurt generated by people who desperately want a classic server, and by butthurt idiot SAMs who can't understand anything but giant numbers.

If anyone is going to get banned here, it's a toss up between me getting banned for saying 75 cap was not God's gift to mankind and you're not getting a classic server ever and these are the reasons, or you for being a complete and total idiot blind to any and all logic or reason, desperately clinging on to your 'muh classic server', 'muh 75 cap' like one of my godsons clings to a goddamn ratty four year old security blanket.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-11 07:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
People don't really care about the sexuality of the characters, whether they're teenagers or grown men.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

*catches breath*

Bwahahahahahaha...

*wipes tear*

Heeee...woooo...hooooboy.

That's rich.

They don't call it League of Lesbians because of alliteration.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-11 07:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not good enough, not when enemies are hitting you or you're receiving someone else's spells. Sometimes even the animation of changing clothes will wait for all that crap. It's horrible.
You can still time it.

While I like stylelock for the appearance and the fact that the average support finally can do his job without making any effort (and they finally stopped complaining as a result), it ruins the whole blinking concept that allows to avoid literally any animation as long as you know timings.

I understand that being a lazy princess (most supports) is important but, if as a DD I make the effort to blink to death so that I'm efficient as *** and , on top of offensive/defensive blinking, I add more to avoid animation lock, and people still don't understand that you need to remove your whole fist out of your *** when you play, well, you simply suck *** and shouldn't talk.

Not saying you "you", just in general. I'm really annoyed by people who provide piss poor efforts and blame the game for their own short comings. It's far from perfect, it requires accurate efforts, but still, it can be done. Less crying about animations, more understanding of the timing needed to face such mechanics.

Everything is based off frames, you can time everything. And if you don't want to study frames, then just get experience and get the feeling for it.

And whoever uses JA0wait for what I'm talking about is a pathetic joke.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-11 07:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Some specific animations cannot be blocked by blinking,but otherwise yes. I used to use this extensively when playing mage jobs on the ps2.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 08:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*rolls eyes* you can insult me all you want, but the fact is when I pull 20 mobs even if I swap gear it takes me a while to be able to engage cause my animation change still waits on all of them to attack me before finally take place.
[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-11 08:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*rolls eyes* you can insult me all you want, but the fact is when I pull 20 mobs even if I swap gear it takes me a while to be able to engage cause my animation change still waits on all of them to attack me before finally take place.

I remember this being a huge annoyance back when i use to cleave Daily back in abyssea era. Pulling all of the mobs and then couldn't pull my weapon out. You would be attacking though because i would watch the hp of my target go down but i could not weaponskill until i actually had my weapon out on screen. Best solution i found for this was to just run a small distance away from the pile of mobs till my weapon was pulled out.

I would just ignore that guy because like Byrth agreed with some animations you can't block by blinking.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-11 12:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
We've had this same argument on the forums, I just realized, and I'm not going to continue it here. You're feel to think whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're not getting a 75 cap server, nor the reasons why, despite how much want to believe otherwise.

I could care less if we get those servers or not. Still doesn't change the facts. Hence why I'm still playing the game.

Assuming you won't continue here because abusing the report post feature doesn't work as well as the OF?

I will say this: I have been banned from the OF multiple times for disagreeing with the group think there. I got banned from the forums for posting in the "Why isn't there a classic server" thread, and I got banned for saying that Rudra's Storm shouldn't be nerfed, both times because of the sheer amount of butthurt generated by people who desperately want a classic server, and by butthurt idiot SAMs who can't understand anything but giant numbers.

If anyone is going to get banned here, it's a toss up between me getting banned for saying 75 cap was not God's gift to mankind and you're not getting a classic server ever and these are the reasons, or you for being a complete and total idiot blind to any and all logic or reason, desperately clinging on to your 'muh classic server', 'muh 75 cap' like one of my godsons clings to a goddamn ratty four year old security blanket.

/comfort.

Surprised I didn't get called a bigot or something in there also. Thanks for sharing your reasoning.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2015-06-11 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ilvl/su

ability to fully merit job specific categories. some of them should be revamped entirely (RDM spells, BLM spells should just be given to the player and those categories turned into things that alter/anhance job abilities etc)

From the beginning I always wished Abyssea was one colossal zone/new area entirely. The idea of going to some parallel where Vanadiel was in a state of despair was really cool, lore wise, but from a development standpoint, WoTG/Abyssea was just lazy.

Add the original CE/VE modifiers to things like Blind/Dispel so RDM can tank again.

Take high tier nukes away from SCH/RDM so BLM matters beyond sleepga/breakga cycles.

Mithra continent

being able to go to the actual Tavnazia

A Crawler HNM in CN

A Tonberry HNM in Den of Rancor

Chocobo Races revision where you can actually race the Chocobos you raised in real time against other players

an updated UI/graphics

For SE to *** hire Byrth/Aikar and all of the other Windower developers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-11 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't insult you, it was a general you. Why would I insult you for no reason.

I know what you are talking about and this isn't the kind of animation that cannot be blinked. You can cancel their attack animation by switching before they attack. Your log will be spammed instantly. If you do not do so, yes, as you said, you will be locked.

Once again, it's all about timing, and you simply do not have it for this specific situation.

There are things you can't blink but they're pretty rare or need a very specific timing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 15:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use that plugin.

You made a comment about princess support, so I gathered you were actually indeed talking to me specifically while still lumping me with a group of people hence the not you you part.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-11 16:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't, I was talking about supports who do act as princesses, I didn't use princess just because it was you. I was just thinking about the countless healers and other supports along the years who have always complained about other people/me blinking like Christmas trees.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-11 22:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged. Sitting here waiting for these monsters is absolutely brutal. 10 years have passed and these guys are STILL walking to Al Zahbi. But when they leave, they warp out. WTF?
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-12 01:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Besieged. Sitting here waiting for these monsters is absolutely brutal. 10 years have passed and these guys are STILL walking to Al Zahbi. But when they leave, they warp out. WTF?

Unfortunately, trolls, undeads and mamools didn't receive the QoL adjustments :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-12 06:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Unfortunately, trolls, undeads and mamools didn't receive the QoL adjustments :(

That, and the Mamool Ja always stop for Starbucks on their way to the city. That's why they take so damn long...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-12 08:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

This is probably the EXACT response SE would provide if this question was asked on the OF. Verbatim.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-12 08:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They could use the Survival Guides to get right up to the imperial gates... except they would have to unlock that book first.

Life sucks for eastern beastmen.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [906 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-04 16:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Now is an appropriate time to shamelessly bump this thread.

New year's wish: Fix MNK

*and.here.we.GO*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-04 17:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fix server's abysmal network issues so that tp moves never go off without being readied and you can reliably see your spells' recast times
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-04 17:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk is too OP and needs to be nerfed.
By Kodaijin 2017-12-05 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt go back and read all of the last 6 pages only the first few but...
I think the game is a decent spot right now and I am curious what they have planned for the next year. I do wish they would fix monk weaponskills.

I wish they would add back epic battles. Ever since the news article ran about the retardedly long PW, all fights in the game are win or lose via gimick in a matter minutes. Not that I want to go and fight something for 12 hours, but... idk, nevermind.

Also would be cool if you could combine ultimate weapons and get the benefits of 2 or more at the same time.
Or if you equip 2 glowy weapons, the colors of the glow merge (red and blue = purple, red+gold=orange, gold+blue = green)

ah, I'm dreaming... carry on!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8