WHM Maat Fight
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 07:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm 67WHM (waiting on ffxiah to let me update profile again). I have a testimony.

I've read through the guides on wiki, but I'd like to hear from people that have done it recently.

There's also a lot of dispute about the actual winning conditions.

My LS also suggested I wait until I hit 70 to do it.

Thoughts?
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-24 07:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till 70.

You can either repose him full time (I've heard it works really well)

or just kite him around while staying alive.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

According to wiki, repose has been adjusted. The first one will normally work, but have a low duration. then all others will be resisted.

I also need to skillup my divine more.

Edit: I mean repose on Maat.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-08-24 08:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i did it at 68 iirc. loaded up on eva, def, vit and stood there and took it like a ***. most all guides say to have your eva capped, but mine was highly underleveled. used a taco too, i believe.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-24 08:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?

Wow that's *** if it's true.

To be honest I haven't quite yet beat maat on WHM just yet, but I have the theory on how to do it.

Since I can take whm to 75 now though I am planning on adjusting my battle strategies. I just need to get to 75, skillup club, get some good WHM dd gear and go bash that old farts face in.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-08-24 08:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

good way to work on divine is level pld , instead of jsut standing around casting spells
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quipto said:
i did it at 68 iirc. loaded up on eva, def, vit and stood there and took it like a ***. most all guides say to have your eva capped, but mine was highly underleveled. used a taco too, i believe.

My eva needs some work as well. As far as gear goes, having my emp hairpin gives me a good start. I'll need to browse gear and see what options I have for evasion. Not sure how many WHM options there are besides earrings.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavnazian taco, earth/terra's staff, bat earrings with blind potions, and bring echo drops in case you're silenced.

Just let Maat beat you up while you cure yourself and stand there for a beating in the earth staff. Bring yagudo drinks too. Those can help. This is a really good, guaranteed tactic. I've helped three of my WHM friends use this one to get their Maat fight. 2x taru and 1x mithra. One of the tarus was 1/2, my wife is 1/1 and my mithra friend was 1/1 when she used my terra staff since she didn't have earth staff herself.

Use blink and stoneskin once and then aquaveil so you don't get interrupted from self curing from the beating. Best of luck, sir! You can get it. Oh yeah. The tarus were lvl 67 and 68... I believe. Mithra was lvl 70. =)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky, that's pretty much what I've been thinking of.

I just have to get the balls to try it (and the earrings which are sold out on AH)
By Asura.Angeluslestat 2009-08-24 08:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I fought Maat with my Taru WHM a few days ago. I too had read that the Repose method didn't work any more, but thought I would try anyway.

Went in at 66, landed 4 Reposes with no problems, and he gave up just after the 4th. Didn't get hit or cast on once.

Divine Skill was capped, but I bought no special gear such as Divine Torque, and have no merits in it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Angeluslestat said:
I fought Maat with my Taru WHM a few days ago. I too had read that the Repose method didn't work any more, but thought I would try anyway.

Went in at 66, landed 4 Reposes with no problems, and he gave up just after the 4th. Didn't get hit or cast on once.

Divine Skill was capped, but I bought no special gear such as Divine Torque, and have no merits in it.

This is what I was looking for. I was hoping someone would respond that tried it.

Edit: Just actually looked up divine magic. My skill is around cap for lvl 37-39 =/
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-24 08:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the method Zekky just said - straight tanking.
I was 1/1 (Almost lost from a nasty Dragon Kick, 50 HP left lol).

Key is just to stay calm. I was hasty at the beginning and forgot some buffs, but still won, lol.

Oh and if you feel you have the MP, toss Flash up here and there. Strong *** Blind can save your ***. If you're lucky, he'll WS right after you use it which will basically make him miss.

And don't be afraid to use Benediction. I was mashing it at the end since I paniced but it was all over, lol.

If my Taru can take it in the ***, I know you can!
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, Krizz. You're an elvaan. You've got high DEF, VIT and HP... Just make Maat your ***. ^^
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

Oh and if you feel you have the MP, toss Flash up here and there. Strong as Blind can save your ***. If you're lucky, he'll WS right after you use it which will basically make him miss.

Hmmm... does flash have a quick enough cast time (I know it's quick) to cast between the WS being readied and actually going off?
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Oh and if you feel you have the MP, toss Flash up here and there. Strong as Blind can save your ***. If you're lucky, he'll WS right after you use it which will basically make him miss.

And don't be afraid to use Benediction. I was mashing it at the end since I paniced but it was all over, lol.

These are good points I forgot to mention. Thanks, Haseyo.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Haseyo said:

Hmmm... does flash have a quick enough cast time (I know it's quick) to cast between the WS being readied and actually going off?

It's 0.5 second. >.>
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Krizz said:

It's 0.5 second. >.>

I'll take that as a yes.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-24 08:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to need lightning fast speed to do it.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Zekky said:
Krizz said:

It's 0.5 second. >.>

I'll take that as a yes.

If you time it well enough, sure. Big yes.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, question.

When healing MP after buffing, is it quicker to pop a yag drink or a cookie?
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pop both. You can have a drink and a food active at the same time.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:

doh. no ***. my bad.

That's a sign of my nervousness. I tend to overlook simple stuff.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 08:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Zekky said:

doh. no ***. my bad.

It's cool, bro.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-08-24 08:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Ok, question.

When healing MP after buffing, is it quicker to pop a yag drink or a cookie?

why not do both?

and Zekkys strat is golden. forgot a friend let me borrow bat earrings. and i think because i didnt wanna shell out the cash, i used a Memento Muffler for my neck piece. enchantment of vit+10 but need to leave it on.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-08-24 08:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Zekky said:

doh. no ***. my bad.

That's a sign of my nervousness. I tend to overlook simple stuff.

thats the hardest part id say, being nervous and forgetting to hit bene, or not hitting it in time, or curing or whatever. since i doubt you have much experience taking a beating as whm up to this point, lol. will be the longest five minutes of your FF career, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-08-24 09:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Being nervous during a mage fight, especially WHM, is gonna happen.

Remember. Aquaveil. Please. This you cannot forget. It will save your life. =)
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2009-08-24 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Question. I'm after Maat's Cap. Will I have to beat him down as WHM (I really hope not) or do I also get to just stand there and get beaten on for 5min?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-24 09:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sephrin said:
Question. I'm after Maat's Cap. Will I have to beat him down as WHM (I really hope not) or do I also get to just stand there and get beaten on for 5min?

I'm pretty sure you just have to survive.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-08-24 09:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM Maat fight very easy. Just buy 3 hi-ethers, 1 elixer, and maybe one MP+ thing if you're elvaan or galka. Earth staff, phalanx ring, and you're good. I fought Maat before repose. Just let him beat you up while you cure yourself. Be careful when using hi-ether's though. Maybe try to get something else other than those. They have cool down, which nearly killed me. Used it right as Maat broke stoneskin, hit me again as I was spamming cure 3 on myself, casted holy, and then WSed my face leaving me with 35 HP.

I went to bene, and couldn't. Only cause I won. Should be even easier now with repose. If start to get low on MP, just repose him a while.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-24 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sephrin said:

It's the same. Only one that changes is the Thf Maat. If you beat Maat as another job besides Thf the first time, then you'll have to beat him down as Thf, can't steal the scroll and win.

Unless you have a K.club (even then I don't know), not sure if it's possible to actually beat down Maat as Whm. That, and the amount of TP you feed him will just kill you faster, being we cannot take his WSs in without being in Red/Orange.
First Page 2 3 4 5