I used to pull on WHM with Flash.

Then again, that's an entirely different story >_>;
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-25 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to pull hate to get hit and activate my Medicine Ring (Tanks hated that...), but that's another story.
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2009-08-25 12:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya Krizz,my tactic was that (1 year & 6 months ago,no repose + aflatus ON).
Raven jupon pieces x extra evasion(if not capped),bat earrings + blind potion (+30 evasion 2 of them),can try to get some hi-potions (others can make you medicated),some AF pieces as feet (spell interruption -20%).
Now fight: Start nude,equip yourself (macros can help but I did it manual),yagudo drink+buffs,blind potion,cast dia on Maat & kite it until the end.
P.D: Aflatus solace will give you a nice stoneskin effect to recast your "good" stoneskin,use it if possible.

GL /cheer
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-25 12:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rings and Earrings Question...

Temps:

Antivenom/Insomnia

Ether/Electrum (NQ if you have MND Rings)

Long-Term Goals:

Earrings: MP - Loquacious/Magnetic
hMP - Relaxing/Magnetic
+Cure - Roundel

Rings: MP - Serket/Vivian/Tamas
MND - Tamas/Aqua or Communion
Enf - Tamas/Omega or Balrahn's

There are lots more things out there, and variations, but this is a starter of things to look for as you go. You could fulltime the "temps" I listed and still be effective as long as you play smart.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-26 20:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
Got insomnia earring and noble's tunic. There goes 279k of my just earned 650k

I went with Nobles and Blessed Mitts and Blessed trousers and Rostrum Pumps.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-27 11:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Rings and Earrings Question...

Temps:

Antivenom/Insomnia

Ether/Electrum (NQ if you have MND Rings)

Long-Term Goals:

Earrings: MP - Loquacious/Magnetic
hMP - Relaxing/Magnetic
+Cure - Roundel

Rings: MP - Serket/Vivian/Tamas
MND - Tamas/Aqua or Communion
Enf - Tamas/Omega or Balrahn's

There are lots more things out there, and variations, but this is a starter of things to look for as you go. You could fulltime the "temps" I listed and still be effective as long as you play smart.

Thanks. The only 'temp' one I'm missing is the ether ring. I use a mana right now in that spot.

Dharma said:
I just went in and did a /shout "Maat you can stick it in my ***, don't worry I just cure bomb my self if it hurts" and I won ^.^

That is so much help...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-27 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM Maat was my first Maat. I think I did it at 69, maybe 70. I didn't really gear up special, used my normal gear (was noob, and broke) and buffed up with Reraise II, Protect IV, Shell IV, Aquaveil, Stoneskin, Blink, Barparalyzra, Barblizzara, Regen III.

I believe I used a Pamama au Lait (when Regen III wore and didn't want to waste time casting) and I had 2-3 Yagudo Drinks.

I would imagine you are doing the {Run Away!} method. Lucky for you on WHM Maat he doesn't use Asuran Fists, ever. The main thing to remember is you can't outrun Maat. He will always catch up to you to hit you. He does stop to cast quite frequently. When you see him casting something, that's your chance to either Cure V yourself if you need it or reapply Blink.

This should be a little easier now with Afflatus Solace as you get a free stoneskin every time you cure yourself. Back in my day they didn't have that nonsense =P.

If you can afford a Vile Elixir (~10k on my server) that's a good free 300 MP for when you run out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-27 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I have an ether ring I'm not using atm

Edit: Loquacious and Magnetic are both level 75, this is his first 75 job. He also doesn't have sea/limbus

Can I borrow it? ^_^

Also, those were long term suggestions. Things I should aim for once I get to that point.

Hypnotizd said:

If you can afford a Vile Elixir (~10k on my server) that's a good free 300 MP for when you run out.

I'm going to attempt the repose strat. If he resists more than twice, I'm going to have macros ready to switch out a few pieces of eva gear and focus on running away. I'll toss out a repose or two if I can afford it. It all depends on how the fight is going.

The vile elixirs are 55k I think for us. Not quite worth it to me. Maybe if I fail the first time I'll fork out the gil for it. I haven't completely ruled it out though.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-27 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
The vile elixirs are 55k I think for us. Not quite worth it to me. Maybe if I fail the first time I'll fork out the gil for it. I haven't completely ruled it out though.

I just looked at your server's prices and they're about the same. You must be thinking of vile elixir +1's which are around 40k
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-27 11:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Krizz said:

I just looked at your server's prices and they're about the same. You must be thinking of vile elixir +1's which are around 40k

Ah, yeah. I was thinking of the +1. I might grab one after all. Thanks.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-27 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, I was well aware that Magnetic, Loquacious, Omega, etc. are not realities for Krizz yet, but I was offering some long-term suggestions that were things for him to think about eventually.

Realistically, a Serket Ring is not a reality for someone leveling their first job either unless they get lucky on a KS30 or have a benefactor (read: Sugar Daddy), and a Vivian's Ring (r/e) is well, yeah, most people will never get that, but it's REALLY nice if you can get one someday.

As far as Magnetic/Tamas, those will depend on what other jobs you think you might level. The CoP ring is easily changed, but the Apocalypse Nigh earring is, I'm fairly sure, a one shot deal.

The Divine Might earring is changeable, but it is expensive to change, and none of them is really any good for White Mage anyway unless you want to consider Suppa for Whinja, so don't choose one immediately if you have the good fortune to get in on a DM run and get the win. See what other jobs you like and might level first...

I'm pretty sure I was rocking AF until Blessed on my way up, with Antivenom/Insomnia, Ether/Electrum, and a pair of Sapphire Rings. Noble's Tunics were 10 Million at that point in time, and even when I got mine, I had already been 75 for quite a while and they were around 3-4 Million.

Also, probably no reason in the world you'd need a Vile Elixir (+1) for WHM Maat. Just remember the key to using Refresh Drinks...

You can't wait until you're out of MP to use them, you need to use them from the beginning and then as soon as one wears off. Over the course of the fight, a few Yagudo Drinks will give you as much MP as a Vile Elixir. However, if you feel better getting one "just in case" you can always resell it if you don't use it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-27 12:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it 10k to ensure a win is a lot less painful than having to farm another testi and walk back to the arena. I don't think I used one on my maat fight, but better safe then sorry, right?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-27 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... yeah. I'll probably grab a vile elixir... Like you said, I could always sell it back if I don't use it.

As far as other jobs go, I'm looking at DNC to take up. I already got it up to 43. Gf wants to level SMN, and I'll probably do it at the same time. Having two SMNs would greatly enhance our ability to duo things.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-27 13:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

dood just ask hase about the fight lol

from what he told me it was piss easy
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-27 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
dood just ask hase about the fight lol

from what he told me it was piss easy

Has has already contributed to the thread.

And I'm going to hold him to his offer of farming another testimony for me if I fail =P
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
Server: Fairy
user: Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-08-27 13:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible to melee Maat down as a WHM ^^ I did it as Taru WHM at 70. I had Vile Elixirs and used HP Food iirc, but he was cake to bring down :P Thus was the beginnings of my WHM meleeing :X Now I'm a Mjollnir + KClub wielder lol

I used a lot fo HP+ stuff to defend my weenie HP, and used an Icarus Wing and such as well to Hexa him down. I know I broke the time limit at least :o was a little over 4 minutes I think? Years ago.. years ago.. And muuucchhh better melee gear now *_*
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-27 14:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You must've gotten lucky, because if even one of his WSs connect, that leaves any race in orange/red, can cause death fast. (especially the amount of TP fed)

And of course, Krizz. :P
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-27 14:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure he hit me with back to back Howling Fist and Backhand Blow which was met with a hearty Benediction by me. Other than that, it was pretty much smooth sailing.

The time I solo'd Antican Praefectus on WHM/BLM with low MP and a gimp no-MP having NPC (54ish) was WAY more challenging than cure-tanking Maat.
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2009-08-31 10:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is better for Repose against Maat?

Apollo Staff (for the +15% acc) or Water Staff (for +10 Divine Skill)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 10:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Apollo's. Use Divine Torque and Earring or whatever else Divine skill if you feel it necessary. But use Apollo's.
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2009-08-31 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Apollo's.

Why exactly? I'm not being an jerk, I am trying to educate myself of the difference between the 2.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 11:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Eldrich said:
Hypnotizd said:
Apollo's.

Why exactly? I'm not being an jerk, I am trying to educate myself of the difference between the 2.

Since this hasn't been tested fully that I'm aware of, lets assume Divine Magic Skill works the same as Enfeebling Magic Skill for Sleep.

Over 200 skill, it's assumed that 1 point of skill = 0.9 accuracy. 10 Divine Magic = 9 Accuracy.

Apollos = 30 M.Acc Source

Its the same reason you don't nuke with Aquilo's Staff only on BLM. Sure it has INT+5 and Elemental Magic Skill, but the other staves for said elements provide more magic accuracy and damage.

Edit: The over 200 1 point of skill = 0.9 accuracy might be untrue for magic accuracy. After a little more reading it appears to be 1 skill = 1 accuracy... but still 30 > 10.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-31 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, 4 pages for WHM Maat. I am surprised. This is like a RDM thread. :3
I did this like, um...6 years ago? It was easy then and didn't have a lot of snazzy gear we have now. I uh, I think I just stood there and let him beat the hell out of me. I heard back then that you had to heal yourself for a certain amount and use Bene to win. Idk if that is accurate or not today. I just entered and buffed then rested. Then let him smack me around until I was on low HP, then 2hr'd. Probably a cure bomb or two in there. I honestly can't remember, but there's no way the fight was more than 3-4mins including resting.
My suggestions are to focus on defense gear. Eat a taco. drink a yag, and use earth staff. It really is not that difficult. All you have to do is heal yourself.
 Remora.Naminee
Server: Remora
user: KelliM
By Remora.Naminee 2009-08-31 11:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did whm Maat at lvl 66-67.
Ate the Taco, drank the yaggy, had NQ staves, Ran around, Cure bombed myself for like 7 mins(?) and won. Nothing outrageous to it.

*edited, I am sleepy!*
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 11:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend did this yesterday, went in, cast banishga to strip maat's shadows, then kept him reposed for 5 minutes.

Stupidly ridiculously easy.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-31 12:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Friend did this yesterday, went in, cast banishga to strip maat's shadows, then kept him reposed for 5 minutes.

Stupidly ridiculously easy.
Your mom's name is Maat?

ohohoho!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally hit 200 divine magic skill yesterday. If I have time I'm going to do the fight today. (I have CoP static stuff to do today as well)

I'll let you know how it goes.