First Page 2 3 4 5
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 12:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
I finally hit 200 divine magic skill yesterday. If I have time I'm going to do the fight today. (I have CoP static stuff to do today as well)

I'll let you know how it goes.

That was such a pain in the *** to skill up for me. I made sure to hit every Besieged I could and spammed Flash/Banish/Banish2 over an over. Sounds like you are fairly close to cap, but I would suggest capping it before the fight if you are relying on Repose for the win.
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you have sea access or not but any non damaging spells can be used on goldfish to skill up really easily and safely.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-31 12:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyarutaru said:
It's possible to melee Maat down as a WHM ^^ I did it as Taru WHM at 70. I had Vile Elixirs and used HP Food iirc, but he was cake to bring down :P Thus was the beginnings of my WHM meleeing :X Now I'm a Mjollnir + KClub wielder lol

I used a lot fo HP+ stuff to defend my weenie HP, and used an Icarus Wing and such as well to Hexa him down. I know I broke the time limit at least :o was a little over 4 minutes I think? Years ago.. years ago.. And muuucchhh better melee gear now *_*
I really wish you were on Seraph right about now. lol Totally want to see that dual-wield combo in action. Must post a video!
 Fairy.Bruser
Server: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-08-31 12:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM was my first maat fight.
I was so nervous about it. But i went 1/1 on him.
Remeber echo drops! Alot of ppl forget about that.
I did maat years ago, so didn't have most of the spells now.
I went def armor and def food.
I casted the usual buffs, pro shell stoneskin, blink, aquaviel and a yag drink. Then I regen III on myself before i pulled. I don't remeber what spell i used, but I think i pulled with paralyze, then did slow. I kited maat around the room. This seemed to help alot.
I would stop to cure myself as he is still hitting me, so the af boots help with interupt.
I did let myself go in red at one point so I can 2hr and save mp.

I think I purchased one vile elixer, can't remeber. I was nervous about the fight, so I think I did. Was worried of running out of mp.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Krizz said:
I finally hit 200 divine magic skill yesterday. If I have time I'm going to do the fight today. (I have CoP static stuff to do today as well)

I'll let you know how it goes.

That was such a pain in the *** to skill up for me. I made sure to hit every Besieged I could and spammed Flash/Banish/Banish2 over an over. Sounds like you are fairly close to cap, but I would suggest capping it before the fight if you are relying on Repose for the win.

I end up having bad timing with besieged. I used lizards / crabs in Kuftal tunnel. Stoneskin, Blink, Repose, Flash, Bind, Banish II, Banish, Repose. Rinse and repeat. Once out of MP I would zone and heal. At one point there was a PLD skilling up polearm. I joined him and spammed divine spells on the mob as he fought it.

At lvl 67, divine magic caps at 237. Since I'm 68 now it's probably 245-250.
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2009-08-31 12:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm lvl 68 with 199 Divine Skill. Where can I get decent skillups aside from Besieged?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 12:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eldrich said:
I'm lvl 68 with 199 Divine Skill. Where can I get decent skillups aside from Besieged?

You can go to Sea and repose/flash goldfish.

If you are partying where you can get skillups, don't be afraid to toss out a flash when the mob is like 30% or less.
 Valefor.Eldrich
Server: Valefor
user: Eldrich
By Valefor.Eldrich 2009-08-31 12:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Eldrich said:

You can go to Sea and repose/flash goldfish.

Unfortunately, I don't have Sea access. :( This is my first and highest job.
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't have sea access I believe.
Simple option would be to just tag along with people when they go do things and ask if you can skill up your divine skill.

Or level PLD.

Otherwise yeh you're stuck with Besieged.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 13:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did nobody read what I said about lizards/crabs in Kuftal? I got great skillups there. Not as fast as besieged, but if you can find someone to tank the mobs for you, it's great.

Edit: It's a good place even if you don't have someone tanking for you. Just wanted to clarify what I was saying.

Edit2: Though I don't know at what point the skillups will slow down. Mobs are DC. Could probably get 15-20 more divine levels off of them.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 13:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember, those crabs and Lizards are like Lv.60-64. Can you still get skill from casting on them once your skill level is above their level?

For instance, WHM Divine magic at Lv.64 caps at 222 and the higher level Crab/Lizard is 64. Is it possible to skill off these past 222?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 13:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
I can't remember, those crabs and Lizards are like Lv.60-64. Can you still get skill from casting on them once your skill level is above their level?

For instance, WHM Divine magic at Lv.64 caps at 222 and the higher level Crab/Lizard is 64. Is it possible to skill off these past 222?

I know what you're talking about. I should keep getting skillups until I reach the equivalent of 65 (if the mob is 64). Typically one or two levels over will get skillups though they'll be much further apart.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 21:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I went back to get skillups, but stopped shortly after dinging 201. They were just too slow.

I went and fought Maat Instead.

Repose stuck (only divine gear is AF), but only lasted 40-50 seconds each time.

Maat would wake up and either cast Dia II or Flash. That gave plenty of time to land repose. A couple times he got a hit in, but stoneskin kept it from doing any actual damage.

Only food used was ginger cookie and yag drink while healing after buffs. Didn't want to run out of time from healing.

He gave up exactly 5 minutes after Banishga landed. (Cast Banishga before repose in case there were any shadows up)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-31 21:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, Krizz!!!!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-31 21:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thank God, so didn't feel like farming a testimonial.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-31 22:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WOOT! Grats!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-31 23:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Haseyo said:
Oh thank God, so didn't feel like farming a testimonial.

lol, I'm sure.