Campaign Battle Union: Win Or Fail?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-20 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I'm liking this... it gives CB a purpose again :D
[+]
 Garuda.Ruthless
Server: Garuda
user: ruthless
By Garuda.Ruthless 2009-07-20 19:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

win. its a nice addition
[+]
 Cerberus.Daskinnybear
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Daskinnybear 2009-07-20 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you mean again... it has always had a point. great for merits good way to maintain rank in past. just because you cant get free skill ups from hittin a wall anymore doesnt mean it died.... or the fact that you might actually have to work for your xp gain. I am personally glad they got rid of that part, all it did was lag the area of the battle with people standing around afk hittin a wall. It was also creating majorly gimped players that didnt know thier jobs was as bad as getting pl'd to 75, both equaled the same thing high lvl noob with no skill and gimped battle skillz =P you get more xp and faster if you kill the mobs anyways. If you want skill ups shout for a pty to go do that in a old school areas. If u want free xp for little or no effort go play WoW =P
[+]
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 20:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Daskinnybear said:
what do you mean again... it has always had a point. great for merits good way to maintain rank in past.

Yeah, agreed. I merit exclusively in campaign...is it as efficient as a meripo? Of course not...but I don't have to worry about 5 other ***, I can do my own thing whenever I want ^^
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-20 20:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Daskinnybear said:
what do you mean again...
Prior to this update there were more than a few flaws with campaign battle.

1) It's heavily biased towards Melee vs. Mage. No amount of arguing can convince me that a mage can merit/level as quickly, easily and as much as a melee in CB. The mechanics don't work that way.

2) Battles are too haphazard, it's a 50-50 shot that you get to a campaign and are able to participate in it for a worthwhile amount of time. I'm sure many of us have tagged up only to have it end. That gets frustrating.

3) Allied notes are worthless. Atleast prior to the last update and this one. Before ANNM and addittion of bodies... There was nothing to gain by doing campaign.

So when I say there was no point, this comes from someone who had top rank and a ton of notes and could easily just meripo as a RDM in a burn.

I realize for a number of people out there the statement I made rings false, however my POV was just for folks like myself who had done everything. Now that there are loot crates at end, it's a nice draw that has me dusting off the PLD/DNC to rock the battlefield again...
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-20 20:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the bodies are useless imo. I like the new neck pieces and such. Also if people were smart, they would let all the forts fall then just do city campaign. Its faster and more fun. Also i break 1k+ on blm all of the time in campaign. It just takes a little more than nuking ur mp out then resting.All in all though...im loving this update...for everything...aside from the C bodies...they just....ugh
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 20:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm picking up the Cobra Unit Body for my DNC...because why the *** not? What else you gonna do with those points? LOL
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-20 20:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Well the bodies are useless imo. I like the new neck pieces and such. Also if people were smart, they would let all the forts fall then just do city campaign. Its faster and more fun. Also i break 1k+ on blm all of the time in campaign. It just takes a little more than nuking ur mp out then resting.All in all though...im loving this update...for everything...aside from the C bodies...they just....ugh

I kinda want to control the areas so you can do the campaign ops for nice things. (Witch's sash, Roundel earring) :/
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-20 20:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

Iron Ram body is amazing. Cobra melee body is pretty decent.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-20 20:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
I'm picking up the Cobra Unit Body for my DNC...because why the *** not? What else you gonna do with those points? LOL

Get the fancy DNC waltz ammo... unless you don't have a better body. Or both.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-20 20:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really for the level you can first wear them at the body's, with the exception of the DD one because Hauby > all, kick some serious ***.

The Mage body in particular is better than anything you can wear pre-weskit/pre-ACP body. Black Cloak/Demon Cloak is nice to idle in, but for nuking that Cobra Body has some nice power so I wouldn't say it's totally useless.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 21:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I'm still rolling with Scorpion Harness, and am working towards assault body pahluekhjs whatever the ***. But yeah I'll get that ammo too, but I may still use my Smart Grenade depending on what I'm doing more...
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-20 21:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I'm still rolling with Scorpion Harness, and am working towards assault body pahluekhjs whatever the ***. But yeah I'll get that ammo too, but I may still use my Smart Grenade depending on what I'm doing more...

SH is nice for EVA tanking/soloing, etc. The new body is nice for TP gain if you're playing mainheal. I'll end up getting it for that even though I have relicbody, and it's perty. More interested in spending my AN on the ammo, though. Even if it is 1% normally :<
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-20 21:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

SH is nice for EVA tanking/soloing, etc. The new body is nice for TP gain if you're playing mainheal. I'll end up getting it for that even though I have relicbody, and it's perty. More interested in spending my AN on the ammo, though. Even if it is 1% normally :<

1% better then u had before >.>, i gna get one for my Nin and Sam /dnc for campaign :P *stalks Ninian*
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-20 21:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

1% better then u had before >.>, i gna get one for my Nin and Sam /dnc for campaign :P *stalks Ninian*

Hahaha hellz yeah 1% more than before!! *snickers* It'll be really nifty for campaign though, and I like campaigning.
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-20 21:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Really for the level you can first wear them at the body's, with the exception of the DD one because Hauby > all, kick some serious ***.

The Mage body in particular is better than anything you can wear pre-west/pre-ACP body. Black Cloak/Demon Cloak is nice to idle in, but for nuking that Cobra Body has some nice power so I wouldn't say it's totally useless.

oh yea good for the level but not worth spending that many notes on for what..5 levels then never touch again? Unless ur a sch or something that likes to make things go boom.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 21:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what are you guys spending your notes on that everything's not worth it for the notes? What can you get with notes that you have to watch what you're doing with them? I get them like nothing LOL
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-20 21:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
what are you guys spending your notes on that everything's not worth it for the notes? What can you get with notes that you have to watch what you're doing with them? I get them like nothing LOL

ANNMs maybe? I haven't done one yet. :/
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-20 21:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

this look pimping for healing urself in campaign,

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16291

and the amount of mages getting these? lol

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16258

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18734

and DD's getting this for campaign?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16292

just from bastok lol
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

ANNMs maybe? I haven't done one yet. :/

They're like 3k AN's for the crate thingy...dirty *** cheap.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-20 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For windy

WHMS get this

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15935

i guess mages can use this

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15936

automatically the best neck HP piece in game, and gd for campaign

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16293

wow RNG in campaign and eva tanks

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16294

WOW hMP on a grip

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=19042

Windy and bastok has nice stuff ; ; sandies items are meh,

Rose Grip isnt even on FFIXAH yet lol, but its ok, the Ratk earring would be boss for rng, and i forgot other items
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 21:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm SOOOO getting that hMP grip for SCH when I start doing Campaign with it ^^
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-07-20 21:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

Rose Grip isnt even on FFIXAH yet lol, but its ok, the Ratk earring would be boss for rng, and i forgot other items

Patronus Ring:
Physical dmg taken -2%
Campaign: Physical dmg taken -10%

Fox Earring:
Rattk +2
Campaign: Rattk+20

Temple Earring:
Light Elemental Macc +1
Campaign: Light Elemental Macc +15

Crimson Belt:
Dark Magic Skil +2
Campaign: Dark Magik Skill+20

Rose Strap:
STP+4
Campaign: STP+20

idk about meh <.<; they are all good specially that pseudo d. ring T.T I'll know what it feels like having one.

Edit: I skipped a "Light" <.<
 Asura.Xedal
user:
By Asura.Xedal 2009-07-20 22:03:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

There is one current flaw in this... You have to wait, until the battle ends until you can earn a reward, lot etc. However, the way it is on Asura currently with lots of people dragging mobs off to solo, you are spending half your time looking for them just so you can end the battle... before, wasn't such an issue, just traded tags in and moved on.. now.. if you want the drops, you gotta end the battle. =/
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 22:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Xedal said:
There is one current flaw in this... You have to wait, until the battle ends until you can earn a reward, lot etc. However, the way it is on Asura currently with lots of people dragging mobs off to solo, you are spending half your time looking for them just so you can end the battle... before, wasn't such an issue, just traded tags in and moved on.. now.. if you want the drops, you gotta end the battle. =/

That's why SE needs to make the mobs either turn around and go back at a certain point (boring, but works), or my favorite, Rage at a certain distance with no warning...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-20 22:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to spam Unions 'til I win me an Erlking's Blade yeeeeah \o/
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-20 22:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
oh yea good for the level but not worth spending that many notes on for what..5 levels then never touch again? Unless ur a sch or something that likes to make things go boom.
Haven't seen the prices yet but at one point i had 300K AN... I could wipe my *** with the amount of AN I had with nothing to spend on...

Really, I'd rather spend AN than hard earned gil on a temp piece of gear...
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-20 22:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Xedal said:
Not so much an issue if someone in zone is RNG or BST main or sub... Widescan can see the CB mobs... so even if someone runs they can't hide...
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-21 01:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
Rumaha said:

Patronus Ring:
Physical dmg taken -2%
Campaign: Physical dmg taken -10%

Fox Earring:
Rattk +2
Campaign: Rattk+20

Temple Earring:
Light Elemental Macc +1
Campaign: Light Elemental Macc +15

Crimson Belt:
Dark Magic Skil +2
Campaign: Dark Magik Skill+20

Rose Strap:
STP+4
Campaign: STP+20

idk about meh <.<; they are all good specially that pseudo d. ring T.T I'll know what it feels like having one.

Edit: I skipped a "Light" <.<

actually i campaign alot as PLD/RDM and i dont have a D.Ring yet and Patronus Ring does help for campaigning (Phalanx, Stoneskin, Patronus Ring, Sentinel, Reprisal Rampart - not active all at the same time but with combinations with the ring makes stoneskin last alot longer) and i would say situational use for toher things

Crimson belt with the Dark Magic+2 outside campaign is nice to have for RDM/BLM in dyna for aspir drain bio if you use. +2 better than +0 and RDM only get dark magic skill 200 native with no gear boosts
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-07-21 02:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope those medal items belong to the next medal up so i might have a chance at getting one.. want a rose strap. campaign is a complete mess though atm, ending up finding an orc kited basically to the southern most portion of ronfaure, ten seconds later it was getting turned by various ninja
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7