Campaign Battle Union: Win Or Fail?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Vepreubian
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: vep
By Carbuncle.Vepreubian 2009-07-21 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i just won absorb dex off campaign and made 180k
 Fairy.Ryezen
Server: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 17:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vepreubian said:
i just won absorb dex off campaign and made 180k

Wow, impressive.
 Garuda.Maasahn
Server: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-07-21 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its win, made about 100k or so out of campaigns today so far
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-21 17:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

to all the ppl who said dyna monies would drop in price after this update......i wish you would have been right /sigh
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-21 17:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understand drops from coffers in CB depend on how well your Union performed during the CB. Smaller unions that that didn't have many in them don't have as large a treasure pool vs. larger unions with max people registered.

Essentially the better your union does, the more you get in pool and larger groups that can kill more, heal more, etc are better poised to take advantage.
 Garuda.Maasahn
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-07-21 17:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ive gotten a few dyna monies too
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-21 17:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i under stand that, but 30~40min of 12ppl killin cp mobs and 2byne bills is even way under what i thought se was gonna do. dont get me wrong i got a few random items i can make a few gil off of, but its yet to make me go wow
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 19:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Moondaddy said:
i under stand that, but 30~40min of 12ppl killin cp mobs and 2byne bills is even way under what i thought se was gonna do. dont get me wrong i got a few random items i can make a few gil off of, but its yet to make me go wow

I understand what you're saying, it's great that it's possible to get things like D.ingots, Wootz Ores, Angelstones and all that other random stuff to make a few gil, but it would have been nice if the same value of drops was made up totally of ancient currency so that the price dropped. Then again, people that do dynamis for money would be pissed.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-21 19:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol all the treasure dont have to be bynes, but most i seen in one box was 2
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-07-21 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Moondaddy said:
to all the ppl who said dyna monies would drop in price after this update......i wish you would have been right /sigh

lol even if you suspected it might drop, at least give it a few weeks. Its not a hot pocket you can pop on the microwave and eat in 3 mins.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-22 04:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i just got a platinum silver thread, a buggane horn, a bloody bolt quiver, mahogony log AND a dark spirit scroll off 3 campaigns!! freakin hot!
 Kujata.Maidak
Server: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-07-22 04:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i think fail because what i was hoping is people get paid in ancient currency not junk dont get me wrong but sometimes you will get some, then again think you are lotting against 8+ people for like 1 peice thats not helping out anyone who even dare's to try for relic weapon
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
Server: Midgardsormr
user: ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-07-22 05:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Defintley a win vote here... I <3 CB again
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-22 07:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

After campaign a bit I have to say I like the system. Lotting on a good item (say 950) and then the last person to lot haxes a 951 is a bit Q.Q but hey it's free stuff. Can't complain.
I plan to finally get myself a Mjollnir for my WHM. Should only take about the rest of my natural life. I am so psyched.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-22 07:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Full of win!
I made 50k on 2 campaigns last night, the only temporary thing I see wrong with it is there are too many people doing it at the moment so you "don't qualify" most of the time since stuff dies too quick.
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2009-07-22 07:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part, I'm certainly enjoying it, although lately I've noticed many participants would run more than half-way to where the enemy troops come from just to so they can be the select few who can have dibs in the treasure
That then leaves the other half of us at the forts going "where the hell are they?"

One part of me wishes that most of them would die as the campaign ends so that hardly anyone would notice and raise them, preventing them from lotting. The other part says to follow everyone anyway 'coz it's the only way I'll have a chance at the loot.

As someone else on here had once said (sorry, forgot the name!) the beastman should instantly rage when they are not within a certain range of the forts. Except garliage, i suppose that would suck if you get aggro just as you collected your tags.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-22 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote for win. It is free stuff, so you are making gil while you get exp? how can this be bad?

As Ratie already said, it became hard to reach the exp in order to qualify. Tho tbh this atm is just the new hype of the union system and besides that, ppl just try to campaign to get one of the new armors (especially the pld-one).

So yea, if you dont have the right job and come too late or ppl killing too fast you may end up getting nothing. For hybrid jobs like BLU, DNC or PUP this tho is out of question. They have abilities and spells to fill every exp-cap kinda quickly, which might look a bit unfair on first sight.

I love tanking, enfeebling, reklessly DDing in Berserk while getting Cure V's from my pet, which all counts towards my exp. Nothing beats that, PUP is made for campaign and Union-rewards. And so far I made 200k from the drops (and I rly suck at lot-ing things lol).

Full win, period.
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-07-22 09:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's some new things you should expect w/ campaign: don't expect to be raised until battle has ended, expect to find mobs half way across map from C.A.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-22 10:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

arg lol i'd never thought of people not raising folks just to be loot ***. i will have to be extra careful near the end of campaigns on melee jobs. @.@
 Fairy.Ryezen
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-22 10:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm full of phail with this new CB system. I think it's becuase I'm still just too focused on tryin' to get PLD body, but I've forgotten 100% of time to join a union after getting tags. 4K XP on a battle last night and no union. I'll remember to start doing that eventually... >.>
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 10:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's an more fail then win, at this point. Yes, campaign drops are great and a nice incentive to get people doing campaign. HOWEVER, people are being even more greedy and shitty then they used to be, people are holding the campaign mobs WAAAAAAY far away now to make sure that they get tons of exp, and *** over everyone else.

I did 3 battles yesterday, and 2 of which I didn't even qualify in because every mob's HP was like "100%-81%-59%-39%-11%-0%" with all the people on them. And that was just the mobs I saw, my THF friend had to flee and run all over the place looking for mobs, so I can say this, either have flee or widescan, or a friend that does, because otherwise you are ***, you will never find the mobs.

S-E really needs to fix this ***. If they don't wanna make the mobs rage, or they don't wanna make them beeline for the tower and stay there, then they need to give everyone with allied tags wide scan and make campaign mobs show up on the radar all the time. People we're even holding the NMs yesterday, cause, think about it:

if only you and 3 people in your Union qualify for the drops, well your chances just got a lot better for ***, huh??

And the not raising people, for the same purpose, that's ***. New idea: if you are in a union you can lot ***regardless if you are alive or dead.

I actually did campaign a lot BEFORE the update, and all I can say is, I wish it was the way it used to be...let all these greedy *** go back to Nyzul or whatever the *** they did before and let me get my exp in peace again...
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 11:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Numbertwo on this one. People are being *** and not raising others just so that they can't get a share in the loot pool.

Others are waiting the entire 5 minutes before lotting hoping that people will get pissed off and zone out leaving a better chance at getting the items.

This is also *** crafters over hardcore. Ive been getting a ton of bullets/arrows/bolts and ninja tools. Those markets are going to be hit very hard for some crafters.

And lastly, I use campaign to get merits and buffer on my pld. Before I was getting anywhere from 2-5k per battle. Now there are so many damn people in the zone, the battles are over anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Would you *** people go back to your endgame and leave me be so I can get my damn merits. I don't even want the damn items.

I'd be ok with it changing back to the way it was, but it wont happen.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-22 11:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree to lotting dead, or something like the cb rasing you at the end since its not like a exp loss or anything. ill admit i run mobs off somewhat but its because my pc cant handel some 30 npc, smn spamga and a bazillion players w/o d/cing me, its nothing personal and i dont run somewhere ridiculous, but i cant fight in a giant orgy of people/npc
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 11:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't lie. I run way the hell away and in a hidden location. If possible, I'll do it with 2 mobs. It's the only way I can get 2-3k exp before the battle ends. Last night I had two gnoles on me in Rolanberry probably a good 800 yards from the CA person.

Until people get the hell out of campaign like before, I'll keep doing it.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Until people get the hell out of campaign like before, I'll keep doing it.

That's nice... >.>

Now take 50 people with that attitude and you can see why that's so shitty...
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 11:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not shitty for me. It's not my fault 95% of the people in campaign don't feel like tanking, so they see me as pld and flock to me like a bunch of *** to a foot long penis.

I have other plds come to me and auto attack the mob while I tank it.

Like I said, I'm in campaign to get my buffer and my merits. I don't get merit party invites on my pld, so this is what I do.

You used to join a campaign battle and see anywhere from 10-25 people usually. Every battle Ive done since the update has been closer to 100 people. Last night in vunkerl the battle had like 130. I'm not trying to be nice anymore.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 11:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Like I said, I'm in campaign to get my buffer and my merits. I don't get merit party invites on my pld, so this is what I do.

Yeah, and so the *** am I, on my DNC. However, I can't find the mobs because jagoffs drag them off by themselves. And now, with the whole loot aspect, people drag them WAAAAAAAAAAY off....

Once again, a group event gets *** ruined...
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-22 11:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As of right now it's intial hype I think. People will probably get bored with campaign again and it will drops in numbers. Most likely not right away but it will happen.

I think it will be about the average of people who are doing it now and people who did it before the update in about a month or so.
 Alexander.Zhul
Server: Alexander
user: Zhul
By Alexander.Zhul 2009-07-22 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much have to run campaign with widescan now. I track down all of the selfish *** who drag away mobs and give their position away. The whole union thing was cool for about an hour, now I just hate it. To think I used to get most of my xp in campaign. Oh well ; ;
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7