Campaign Battle Union: Win Or Fail?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Skinwalker
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-22 13:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Lilbusta said:
I'm thinking we'll see longer or more frequent battles to raise the exp. Looks to be the easiest way for SE to fix it.

Yeah, but it still wont solve the problem of 6-8 jagoffs holding mobs 20 miles away...

ESPECIALLY now that 100's are dropping? Christ, I wonder if mobs will even make it near the tower at all, now...

People have always pulled mobs away to solo in campaign, it's a standard tactic if you are capable of soloing a mob to max your xp. The problem now is overpopulation. Instead of 4-5 people soloing mobs you have 20-30 people soloing mobs. Since there were a limited amount of soloer's before you never really noticed a few mobs missing. If half to 3/4 of the attacking mobs are missing it's much more noticable, especially since there is also a ton more people attacking the mobs that make it to the fort. It's less the people pulling mobs away and more the 200 other people in the battle with you. I'm not saying that all the people that hold mobs are innocent, but for the most part they are trying to get away from the masses sucking campaign *** for gil to get some decent xp.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 13:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But the fact that 30 other people in their Union don't qualify to lot the drops when they can't find the mobs, that has nothing to do with it?

Right.....
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it doesn't. I've only been lotting the currency anyway. What the hell do I want with that other crap? If you havent noticed, most of the more common drops have already plummeted in price.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-22 13:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting little fix would be to make a limited number of items lottable depending on how much you did. Whatever isn't lotted gets auto-distributed when people run out of lot points.
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just increase the number and HP of campaign mobs. The campaigns will last longer, and everyone will benefit.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They still need to make holding mobs unattractive somehow...it's not at all the intention of the event for everyone to be soloing, it's a GROUP EVENT.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-22 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
They still need to make holding mobs unattractive somehow...it's not at all the intention of the event for everyone to be soloing, it's a GROUP EVENT.

Make mobs lose aggro after a certain distance, like Leechkeepers. So when they start running, they stop chasing and turn around. :o
Or something like that. >.>;
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume it takes you a really really long time to kill mobs alone as dancer, but on my paladin that isn't the case. Atonement hits for 750+ and with my often double attacks, I usually have my monster finished before the battle is even over.

If you were thinking about adding a rage timer or something, I agree. I'd kill the mob before it raged anyway.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 13:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
I'd assume it takes you a really really long time to kill mobs alone as dancer, but on my paladin that isn't the case. Atonement hits for 750+ and with my often double attacks, I usually have my monster finished before the battle is even over.

If you were thinking about adding a rage timer or something, I agree. I'd kill the mob before it raged anyway.

Hell, 95% of the PLD's I see in campaign don't even wanna tank, and will avoid it at all costs to let me or my THF friend tank...but I digress.

And yeah, it takes a while to finish them off, I can solo one in a battle usually, and can duo 2 or three in a battle with my THF friend. The thing is, even when we duo, we don't pull them out of visual range of the tower, if people wanna join in our fight, that's A-OK, because we have no right to lay claim to the mob. It's a GROUP EVENT lol

Not that I haven't gotten bitched at by people telling me to go find my own mob, but I just say "*** YOU, GROUP EVENT" and continue whacking it. If they give up and disengage and run off, then I drag it back to the fort. When I campaign with my RNG friend, he tells me the POS of all the campaign mobs, and I shout the coordinates for everyone.

Before soloing was annoying because it prolonged battles for 10-15 minutes while everyone else stood there wondering wtf was going on...now it's even more annoying because everyone is trying to get that loot and keep everyone else from even having a CHANCE to get it. I'm sorry, but it ain't like they increased the amount of EXP in campaign, so the sudden arrival of all these people HAS to be because of the loots, and their behavior is to secure the loots, not their exp.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-22 13:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand all that, but that's not the intent of everyone in campaign. That's not my intent and I've been doing campaign 4-5 days a week for the last 6 months.

But then again, I can solo a mob in 8-10 minutes usually on my pld, so my mob is normally dead before the battle ends anyway.

I understand your frustration, but not everyone that pulls a mob to the side to solo fits the stigma.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-22 13:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have said, the easiest way to fix the problem is have the monsters continue running to the fort without even looking or reacting to someone hitting them (similar to the monsters that create turrets and such) until they reach a certain point. And if they are brought past that point they lose all hate and start running back to the fort.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 13:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I know it's not everyone's intentions, and the soloer's generally didn't bother me as much before. I still thought it was bitchy, but now with the 100+ people doing Campaign all of a sudden, that mentality is ruining the event...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-22 14:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get the whining...

/whm or stfu...

party up or stfu...

leave campaign battle to the adults or stfu...

Post in grind my gears if you wanna *** about how you're getting screwed by this event. Despite the changes there are ways to get exp and benefit from this, you just have to get off yer *** and learn how to roll with the punches...
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-22 14:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait; you made a topic that was about discussing if the change were good or bad, and you don't like how people have their opinions on why it's bad?

Leave the forums to the adults or stfu.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 14:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The name of the thread is Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail

I'm illustrating the ways the new system fails.

Everything I've posted so far has been relevant to the thread. Don't wanna hear the whining, Malekith? GTFO the thread. My opinions are valid, as are my right to post them...

EDIT: Didn't realize that you were the one that started the thread..."Finally makes CB worth it again", {Hmmmm.} so YOU'RE one of those new *** that swooped in yesterday and is ruining it for all the peeps that used to actually depend on it for exp and such. Thanks a lot...
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-22 14:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the same rehash from you bossman. We're all dealing with it, I just don't get why you haven't been able to make the adjustment? Maybe you're just slow? It's evolution, change or die...

For those doing CB to recap exp on jobs, I feel for you. Some jobs have it worse than others. It's a friggin chore now to recap exp on BLM when battles are short but somehow you have to find a way. Now that there's financial gain to be had for participating in battles I don't mind needing several battles to regain what I lost.

With all due respect to the gentleman from Fairy, I don't care what you post in here. Actually keep posting! The more I read your crocodile tear laden posts about how your world has ended because the new CB has screwed you over the more I laugh. You're my lolcow and I'm happily milking you here. So keep posting it's helping me pass the time.

So I ruined? Bish please, campaign was my godsend for recapping exp and still is...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-22 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
So wait; you made a topic that was about discussing if the change were good or bad, and you don't like how people have their opinions on why it's bad?

Leave the forums to the adults or stfu.
Did I say anything specifically to anyone or call them out? Honestly if the shoe fits wear it.

After 5 pages, I think we all get a general sense of what's good, what's bad and what's ugly. People are being ***, that's obvious... there's no reason for certain folks to make that their recurring theme in every post and reply they put in here.

It especially tiring reading when the fixes are simple. God knows we're all enduring a new breed of *** hattery out there. There are ways around it. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-22 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
I don't get the whining...

/whm or stfu...

party up or stfu...

leave campaign battle to the adults or stfu...

Post in grind my gears if you wanna *** about how you're getting screwed by this event. Despite the changes there are ways to get exp and benefit from this, you just have to get off yer *** and learn how to roll with the punches...

I was never on my ***, and I did roll with punches. I always get at least enough to qualify for the spoils, but still, it kinda sucks. I have no complaints about the XP gain, but running around for 5-10 minutes looking for the remaining monsters is lame. Not everyone has wide scan and I'm not going to go as pld/rng or /bst just to find stuff. It's easily remedied tho, as people have said, by limiting the distance that the monsters can be fought from the fort. Too far out and they run back. It doesn't have to be 'that' close to the fort...far enough so the NPCs don't get involved at least. Taking stuff to the ramp in North Gustaberg (S)...really?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 14:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
With all due respect to the gentleman from Fairy, I don't care what you post in here. Actually keep posting! The more I read your crocodile tear laden posts about how your world has ended because the new CB has screwed you over the more I laugh. You're my lolcow and I'm happily milking you here. So keep posting it's helping me pass the time.

Sure thing, hoss!

You're arguments about "just deal with it", ummm, DURR? No, I'm gonna forsake campaign completely now cause of you ***. If I honestly did that, if I just RAN AWAY when the ***got *** up, then what the hell does that say about what kind of man I am? I am dealing with it, doesn't mean I have to like it, and sure as *** doesn't preclude me from bitching about it. Like I said, you don't wanna see it, feel free to mash that back button on your browser.

Like I said, I wish all you *** that were all like "Campaign is such a waste of my time, lol I can get 49000 exp in a meripo blah blah blah only retards do campaign retards and LOSERS LOLOLOL" a week ago would GTFO and go back to your WG spamming, but wish in one hand ***in the other and all that. If anything, watching 100 people resort to such low ***for like Demon Quivers and ***is making me LMAO

As for caring what you post here, feelings mutual, bud, trust me. And I got something else you can milk, if you're in the milking mood, that is...
[+]
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-07-22 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious hatefest going on here...

Personally speaking, I dislike campaign immensly... BECAUSE noone will let me solo a mob. If I'm in a pt, fine. But nothing in this game irritates me more than ppl hording onto my mob.

That said, I do not, EVER, take it out of range, it will always be within sight of others, and I only pull one off to side to solo when there are atleast a dozen unclaimed ones around.

But frankly, the thing that pisses me off the most is when I'll get aggro from incoming mobs, and have 5-6 mobs on me, engage one and struggle to stay alive... then a dozen people clobber onto the only claimed one (mine), and whack that, so then I still have to deal with other 4-5 and then this one spamming TP moves. It happens every single time I join campaign, and just pisses me off.

Its a group event, yes, so goddamnit, help cure ppl, and help ppl who have too much on them. Its not being group orientated when everyone auto-engages on the only purple one there, and lets others die, because they don't wanna take a hit themselves.

With this update, I joined one or two, and there is just too much on, first time around was ok, but second time in gusta ppl were waiting long outta range to kill before wave gets there... and thats just ridiculous.

So yeah, they should change it so that all mobs go to the fortification first before being able to be pulled off (and then when/if pulled off, only to a certain range away, so ppl can't run off and hold it)

I don't have an issue with people soloing, mainly because I prefer to myself, but I certainly do NOT appreciate holding it, or otherwise making it unattainable for others (hiding it, etc.)
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-22 15:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

NAG NAG NAG NAG... NO UNION NO UNION NO UNION... no such thing as TEH MAFIA!!!

/wrists /wrists /wrists /wrists

"WHM don't heal when they're suppose to, OHGODNOI'MDYING!"
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
user: ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-07-22 23:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am BLM 69 and I have no probs with CB, I get over 1k xp almost everytime and almost always win the right to lot for items. Win/Win for me I like it just fine. And for ppl dragging the mobs off, Ive got eyes and legs and I go hunt them down and steal thier kill LMAO

I <3 blm mwhahahahahaha
[+]
 Siren.Facet
Server: Siren
user: Facet
By Siren.Facet 2009-07-22 23:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS...
was there from the very start of the battle, wailed on a fort for 45 mins -- 3 waves of NPC's came and went, no mobs. 171/120, did not qualify for union loot.

SE should've thought this part through.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-23 00:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladymist said:
I am BLM 69 and I have no probs with CB, I get over 1k xp almost everytime and almost always win the right to lot for items. Win/Win for me I like it just fine. And for ppl dragging the mobs off, Ive got eyes and legs and I go hunt them down and steal thier kill LMAO

I <3 blm mwhahahahahaha
Love this post... common sense FTW!
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
user: ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-07-23 00:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ rotfl :D
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-23 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladymist said:

I <3 blm mwhahahahahaha

^ this. Last time I checked you are not chained to the outpost. I never pull mobs out of sight but if I see people that are going to I follow and try and get others to go too. If they want to play that game you just have to play it better than they do.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-23 12:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what n#2 is saying

some guys "really" drag it off somewhere HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

like in East ronfare I was farming ladybugs in the Far Far corner of the map and I saw a guy fighting there...

but my thoughts about Unions?
its a good idea

but I still hate Camps

Cuz

no Fort exp = screw it
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-23 13:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
I know what n#2 is saying

some guys "really" drag it off somewhere HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

like in East ronfare I was farming ladybugs in the Far Far corner of the map and I saw a guy fighting there...

but my thoughts about Unions?
its a good idea

but I still hate Camps

Cuz

no Fort exp = screw it

I get it too and I agree, it does suck. I levelled 60-75 and fully merited in CB so seeing it become the mess it is now is sad. However, I also know that it will stay this way for the forseeable future so I'll adjust if I want to keep campaigning. The thing that is really bothering me is people not raising to loot ***, or kiting NM's to the CA so people die as soon as they get their tags. It's crap, like all the people flooding CB brought their infantile, E-Peen endgame BS with them.
 Bahamut.Slykun
user:
By Bahamut.Slykun 2009-07-23 15:01:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, the whole Union thing just doesn't appeal for me. I campaign for exp, since parties for 70 Thf just don't seem to be happening. The items aren't even worth it. Sure there's Bills and some decent items, but even when I've had a lot of 960+, someone has still beaten it, and most aren't even worth AHing anyway.

I do hate how people take them from the Fort, but since I need the exp I will buck up and hunt them down. The real thing which really aggrovates me off though, is when you're fighting a mob out in the middle of nowhere, Rdm's and Whm's attacking it too. You die, mob dies, everyone leaves and you're there, middle of nowhere, dead. That's what's really getting on my nerves in this new system.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-23 15:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladymist said:

I <3 blm mwhahahahahaha

ha. i do that if people drag mobs off as well. usually with a train of other people doing the same thing.
i usually don't try to ninja kills. if i've killed a few mobs already i usually don't save tp and try for a killshot. i seem to be the only one ;;
idk but if i kill multiples mobs around the same people i can feel them going "AH, GFDI SAMURAI!" i kinda lol to myself and let them kill it;;
i do this on all jobs but sam is the easiest killshot job except blm.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7