Campaign Battle Union: Win Or Fail?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
Campaign Battle Union: Win or Fail?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2009-07-21 02:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

...back to those drudging fields once more. Going to have to break out the Terpsichore-less DNC once again. Im excited all over again.
Now Asura... CONQUER A BEASTMEN CAPITOL FOR ONCE!

Why do the cross-server buyers have to get all the Roundels and Cuchulains, hm?
 Pandemonium.Yoria
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Yoria 2009-07-21 02:50:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

It is a win and a fail at the same time , in my opinion.

Why a win?
Because those people that CB alot now can also make some gil , also if it is not big a income and you need the luck to win the lot on an item , yeah that's still a slight gils income.
You can find dynamis coins various Goldsmithng Smithing and others synths mats ( I have seen a dragon meat there 50k maybe? ).

Why a Fail?
Now is almost impossible find a mob to earn exp and Allied Notes , everyone go get them and keep them far from the fortification , a wave of mob is what 8-12 enemies? Vs 80-120 people in a zone , few lucky claim those enemies and kill them asap. Can be really frustating make some good exp out CB right now , but hmmm who know maybe it'll be back as it was before
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-21 02:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

next we're gonna be hearing about a Campaign Mafia
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-21 06:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't campaigned yet, but if you don't give a damn about union can you still reset your tags to get more exp? If you can then idc about this update.
As for the items; I am curious as to what is obtainable, but if I have to lot against a ton of people for a darksteel ore or a byne bill I think I will take the extra exp.
I dunno. I have to try it out I guess. I am not bothering with any of the new stuff yet because new stuff brings out the *** en force.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-07-21 07:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it makes Campaign more interesting, which was part of what SE was doing. So I think its a Yes.
 Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-07-21 08:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember alot of ppl would be waiting on a pt invite and be doing CB. Now, with the Union thing, you will have to stay until the battle is done. I can see some ppl saying, "Hey, just wait a little bit I will be there ASAP after this battle." Then, I would just look for another DD :p
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-21 09:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple way to make a little bit of extra cash while doing a campaign.

Better than nothing, but not that good.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 09:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
People are already being *** about it.

If there's treasure in the pool and you're dead.. Sorry, you won't get a raise until the treasure has dropped and you won't be able to lot on it, you probably won't even get a raise after that.

Nice...guess I'd better by myself some reraise items or something, I had a hard time getting a raise BEFORE.

It never ceases to amaze me how asinine and selfish people can be in this game.
[+]
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-07-21 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ninian said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
what are you guys spending your notes on that everything's not worth it for the notes? What can you get with notes that you have to watch what you're doing with them? I get them like nothing LOL

ANNMs maybe? I haven't done one yet. :/

They're like 3k AN's for the crate thingy...dirty *** cheap.

7500 a day adds up. If you have 100k notes, that'll get eaten up in about two weeks.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravax said:
7500 a day adds up. If you have 100k notes, that'll get eaten up in about two weeks.

True, but it ain't like getting them is hard...spend a couple hours doing actual campaign battles, and you've already made back your daily 7500 and then some...

Of course, if people don't feel like doing it, then that's their choice...but they can't complain about it if they don't even try.
[+]
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-07-21 09:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I almost never get max notes. Everytime I campaign, I end up loaded on exp with about half as many notes. I can only wish I got notes as quickly as people imply they get them. A consistent 2k per battle would be heavenly. -_-;
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-21 09:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:
People are already being *** about it.

If there's treasure in the pool and you're dead.. Sorry, you won't get a raise until the treasure has dropped and you won't be able to lot on it, you probably won't even get a raise after that.

Nice...guess I'd better by myself some reraise items or something, I had a hard time getting a raise BEFORE.

It never ceases to amaze me how asinine and selfish people can be in this game.

I hate it when noone raises people (and myself). If I am in a job with raise, and I see someone who is dead, I will take the time and raise them. Usually, this is when I'm DRG/WHM and only have 167mp max, but I still raise them cuz its annoying being dead and have people just walk by.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 10:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravax said:
Personally, I almost never get max notes. Everytime I campaign, I end up loaded on exp with about half as many notes. I can only wish I got notes as quickly as people imply they get them. A consistent 2k per battle would be heavenly. -_-;

Seriously? I always get either 1:1 on exp and notes if not more notes then exp...

I didn't even think it was possible to get more exp then notes...
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-07-21 10:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I go as Mnk or Sam, I tend to get over 3k exp with 1500+ notes rewarded. Really have no idea how to increase that tally despite research. If you know something I don't, I'm all ears.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 10:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravax said:
If I go as Mnk or Sam, I tend to get over 3k exp with 1500+ notes rewarded. Really have no idea how to increase that tally despite research. If you know something I don't, I'm all ears.

I go DNC/NIN, hit ***, cure myself and other people in my party, and do my typical DNC thing. That's it...
 Fairy.Ryezen
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried a few campaign battles last night. I really just wanted to get Allied Notes and XP, but that wasn't going ot be easy. Swarm upon swarm of ppl just engulfed every mob that even got near the fortifications. The poor NPCs didn't even get to swing at a single opponnent. I used to be able to get at least 2K XP/notes every campaign battle. Last night I was lucky if I got 300. Crazy.

Ruined? Time will tell.

Almost impossible to get decent XP/Notes in the meantime? Damn skippy.
 Fairy.Ryezen
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 10:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is: What the fek were all you people doing in the game before you jumped on this campaign battle surge? Two days ago I would often be the ONLY person in the zone for an entire battle. Where were you guys then? LOL.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryezen said:
My question is: What the fek were all you people doing in the game before you jumped on this campaign battle surge? Two days ago I would often be the ONLY person in the zone for an entire battle. Where were you guys then? LOL.

Well, now that money can be made people are all over that ***. Gil makes the world go 'round...
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only done one campaign battle since the update, it was in xarcabard and it was great, way too many mobs for the people there, people helped each other out by raising/curing, if someone accidently pulled the whole lot they generally died {over there} instead of MPK'ing everyone. People helped with CFH mobs, it was actually really good. And even though it wasn't a super long one, still got ~1200 exp and the chance at some new synth materials I've never seen (lost bid on everything)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 11:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Tukuku Whiteshell from Coyote Union. :]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-21 11:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw an O. Bronze in the E. Ronfaure Dhole Union. And yeah... I did like 5 battles last night, max I got was 1k on my Samurai/Dancer. ;.; Wouldn't even have gone, except my friend wanted to try them out.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

To put it bluntly, it's just a little bonus now and then. Anyone who goes to campaign for the purpose of getting items from unions probably isn't doing the whole money making thing properly.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does each Union (Cobra etc.) have different drops? Like, if you're specifically after the pld weapon or whatever the *** these things drop, would you make sure to always spam iron ram union? (I don't even know if there is an iron ram union <_<)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 11:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend was in a different union in the same battle and the drops were different. The union I was in had six members, his had two. Ours had nearly four times the amount of drops in. I'm guessing that the more people there are raking in points, the higher the reward for that particular union.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's good that there's some fairness to it at least, but someone got a weapon from union I believe, so I'm wondering if that weapon will only drop from that specific union. ie: if I want the blu weapon (pretty sure I don't), should I make sure I always join cobra union or something.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-21 11:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth a shot. But, they're probably random.
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-21 12:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ravax said:

I go DNC/NIN, hit ***, cure myself and other people in my party, and do my typical DNC thing. That's it...

That's because DNC is a campaign beast, like the job was designed for it. I've broken 7k in a 4 wave battle with a small party before. We were all soloing our own mobs and I was healing everyone, it's the healing added to the DD part that gets us big xp.

Ryezen said:

This kinda makes me sad. I love to campaign, levelled 60-75 solely in campaign. I used to go there to just kinda relax and merit since I don't get many party invites. Went out there last night and it was a mob scene. And all the crying about people pulling mobs away to solo...48 hours ago it was standard practice for campaign vets. Now you have a hundred people that barely campaigned before yesterday crying like little girls with a skinned knee when you take "their" mob away. I dunno if I'll call it fail yet, but so far all it's done is screw up my favorite activity in the game.
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-07-21 12:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using Sam/Dnc most of the time so I can't figure out the difference. Soloing a few mobs on my own, tanking for people most of the time (especially on monk) why am I not getting good notes? DX
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-21 13:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravax said:
I'm using Sam/Dnc most of the time so I can't figure out the difference. Soloing a few mobs on my own, tanking for people most of the time (especially on monk) why am I not getting good notes? DX

From what I understand it works like this: When you hit the time cap for XP any additional actions you do give you AN instead of XP. In addition all actions fall into a specific catagory each with it's own time cap, so you can cap the damage dealt cap but be way below the damaged healed cap or vice versa. Used to be if your AN was equal to or less than half your XP you had either come in below or at the time cap. If your AN was greater than half of your XP then you had passed the cap and were given AN instead of XP. I know they changed something about how that worked with the last update but from what I've seen it still works the same. As a SAM/DNC you probably hit the damage time cap easily, but are falling short of the healing time cap...or I could be completely wrong :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7