First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 41 42 43
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-05-13 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tarusofo said: »
So I'm finally nearing the plans required for finishing a Morrigan +1 piece, and all of a sudden, Bokwus is the new flavour! Any thoughts? I don't do much Delve farming (got Bokwus gloves yesterday). I was gonna do Morrigan's body/hands/feet (I am 0/5 on Nares because I was focusing on getting Captain first), and right now I don't know what to do, honestly.

I also don't have the time/cash to upgrade fully Bokwus pieces, yet. Any suggestions will be most welcome!

I agree finish the Morrigan feet and work on bokwus body first. Bokwus legs, then head feet and hands after that. It depends on what your other jobs are or how you play them for hands legs and feet. Like hands and legs have potential to be best Macc in slot. And Brd will use feet for Macc. I Don't really see much bonus to the head for smn choosing any path, so augment that however you want.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-05-14 04:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers! I was actually gonna do feet first anyway, since it would be great for my SCH and GEO as well. Meebles I've had trouble finding a static, though I haven't been purposely looking (more like asking friends and such).

My problem is, Manibhozo set looks so good for some pieces, and I need a couple/three+ Delve weapons. That's a lot of plasm to farm. ._. That's why I'm kind of leaning more towards work on Morrigan +1 and regarding Delve, focus on melee pieces more.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-14 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for the reminder about locust ring. I'm not sure what it boosts either % wise, but I have added it to the set :)
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-14 10:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ooooh Taru! I remember you from my Delve runs. =) You can always come and join me...I've been spamming it every day all day long . _. And that's to get my THF done...After I gotta to BLM, and than work on the War Pieces i need. /wrist.

I keep hoping people will discover some kind of trick to these plasm farms. There have been a couple instances where we would get 100 points instead of 50, but we have never been able to replicate that.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-14 14:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
I keep hoping people will discover some kind of trick to these plasm farms. There have been a couple instances where we would get 100 points instead of 50, but we have never been able to replicate that.

I think I read somewhere that the 100 per kill was the server combining the plasm you got from 2 kills done at the same time. I can't say from personal experience. I haven't seen the message yet
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-05-15 18:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

At what point does the soothsayer staff and the skirmish staff pull ahead of the magian +2 staffs and chatoyant staff with iridance?

Looking for the mab and int value in the optimal gearset that these two staffs would have to reach to beat to the magian staffs. Diminishing returns and all that jazz~
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-24 22:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I added a meteor calculator at the bottom of my Magic DMG Calculator for BASE meteor DMG. I could add multiple target dmg reduction, but it seems redundant since it's really a test to see what order to have the blm's cast in.

Meteor DMG was 0 for the longest time, so it wouldn't be supprising if I still have some errors. just send me a PM if you find one.
 Shiva.Borgan
Server: Shiva
user: Borgan
By Shiva.Borgan 2013-05-27 22:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple additions you could make in there.

Xsaeta I for Drain / Aspir set.
Life / Pys - storm earrings from Delve for enfeebling (+4 int / +4 mnd / +12 Macc for the set)
Mystagog Slacks for enfeebling. (Same skill+ but +3% Haste)
II - line of TotM staves for high end enfeebling also.

Maybe add a part about hitting 150 INT for the elemental DoT spells. Very easy to hit with just current gear we already should have. I remember having to gear specifically for that in the early days of XI.

Great guide overall, nice read and very helpful!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-27 22:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The INT:skill ratio used for wyrms in ye old FFXI is arbitrary in a general sense. I'm far too lazy to look up what people used/wyrm INT, but I imagine they just happened to hit an advantageous dINT and extrapolated an erroneous rule as a result
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-06-02 01:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
The INT:skill ratio used for wyrms in ye old FFXI is arbitrary in a general sense. I'm far too lazy to look up what people used/wyrm INT, but I imagine they just happened to hit an advantageous dINT and extrapolated an erroneous rule as a result
Wasn't it matching the INT on the Target? Around 150? I may be wrong though, it's been so long.
 Shiva.Borgan
Server: Shiva
user: Borgan
By Shiva.Borgan 2013-06-02 03:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The 150 INT I mentioned is for the Elemental line of debuffs.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Elemental_Debuff
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-06-10 17:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
At what point does the soothsayer staff and the skirmish staff pull ahead of the magian +2 staffs and chatoyant staff with iridance?

Looking for the mab and int value in the optimal gearset that these two staffs would have to reach to beat to the magian staffs. Diminishing returns and all that jazz~

Honestly I haven't been able to find out where people are finding that Delve weapon is better than capped out magian. I keep finding things that say the opposite.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-11 16:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Built a spreadsheet for handling gear comparisons for magic damage, since that's been bugging me lately. It's in my usual Google Drive folder: here

On the Gear page it shows the damage (or damage per MP) value for all tiers of all elements, so you can see how damage is affected across the entire range of spell options. It highlights the better of the two gear sets' damage in green.

Notes:

1) Uses the new magic formulas (currently on the test server), not the current ones.
2) Is set for any of the four major nuking jobs: Blm, Sch, Geo, Rdm. Because of this, gear isn't guaranteed to be usable for the currently selected job. Account for that if building gear sets.
3) Still lots of things missing. Doesn't handle Meteor/Comet/Impact/Kaustra/Helixes. Doesn't handle Blm AF3 set bonus.
4) Doesn't account for resistance rates (though it does have magic accuracy field in place for later).
5) Doesn't yet account for a real "DPS" value. Fast Cast field is in place for future calculations.
6) Doesn't account for Magic Burst damage, or gear boosts for that.
7) Handles Magical critical hits and Conserve MP proc averages. Handles MP savings for Dark Arts (or costs for Light Arts).
8) Does account for MP savings of Seidr body.

The exchange rate between Int and MAB varies widely across spell and element tiers. In the new formulas, the higher the spell tier, the more MAB is favored, and the closer you get to the Thunder line the more MAB is favored. The opposite is true in the other direction.

For AM and AM2, MAB is almost always preferred. For anything else, the majority of spells tend to favor Int, for the typical values you can get in any given slot.

The 'lower' elements (Stone, Water, Air) are significantly more MP efficient than the 'higher' elements (Fire, Ice, Thunder). At the extreme ends, Stone tends to be 40% to 50% more MP efficient than Thunder (not counting the first tier singles or -gas, where Stone/Stonega is 3-7 times more MP efficient than Thunder/Thundaga).

There are four 'tiers's of Int. dInt of less than 0 (currently uses the same value per point of int as the 0-50 dInt tier, though this hasn't been validated); dInt between 0 and 50; dInt between 50 and 100; and dInt between 100 and 200. dInt above 200 doesn't add any additional damage.

Example:

In the 0-50 dInt range, For Stone V, 10 Int ~= 12 MAB; for Thunder V, 10 Int ~= 6 MAB.
In the 50-100 dInt range, For Stone V, 10 Int ~= 8 MAB; for Thunder V, 10 Int ~= 5 MAB.

The old rule of thumb for 2 Int ~= 1 MAB gets completely thrown out the window, except maybe for Thunder V and a couple nearby spells. On the Stone side of things, it's closer to 1 Int ~= 1 MAB at tier 5. At lower tiers, it can be more skewed towards Int -- 1 Int ~= 2 MAB to 1 Int ~= 4 MAB. Optimal nuking sets change from spell to spell, though there's a trend over the entire grid.

Augmented Soothsayer and Lehbrailg staves beat out Magian staves for large swaths of spells, partly because often you'll want to use Int instead of MAB, so the multiplying factor of Magian staves' affinity has less to work with.

It will be interesting seeing how people will manage gear sets after this change.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-12 16:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Added:

MDT term for mobs.
Magic Burst damage, including gear.
AM2 merits.
Ebullience, including Savant hat.
Klimaform bonus damage with Savant feet.
Goetia set bonus.

Fixed: Damage vs Dmg/MP toggle cell on gear page was locked.

Had to rearrange the order of columns for the gear. Not particularly happy about it, but necessary in order to keep an appropriate amount of space available for the damage results while also being able to read what each column is for.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2013-06-12 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

dude, you are AWESOME!

edit: I take it the data for the new formulas are in mathy part redux? I haven't been there recently, and usually just lurk.

Okay, I couldn't find it. Where are the new M & V 's found? and where'd you get the -ra's I was looking for those.

Man, that new set of M's really throws a wrench into my spellcast.xml. basically can have like 4-5 different nuke sets based on spell+tier.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-12 23:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basic info from: Dev 1144a, Dev 1144b.

Detailed values for V and M done by testing by Shep and tabulated by Slycer: single target nukes, AOE nukes.
 Phoenix.Warusha
Server: Phoenix
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2013-06-12 23:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you mind adding Mythic and Mythic AM2(variance could be 200 and 299tp)?

Also Strendu ring, Sorc. Ring, Morrigan's +1 feet, I don't think bokwus takes into account mab/macc/mp paths. Thank you very much :)
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-12 23:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear added. Haven't added Bokwus augments yet; will get to it later.

Will see what's feasible on the Mythic.
By Chimerawizard 2013-06-13 06:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for links. I hadn't thought of checking that thread. Since there's a whole math area I thought it'd have to be there or it didn't exist.

Again, thank you for the sweet spreadsheet. You rule.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-14 01:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Add Bokwus augments, fixed an Int bug, and added Hailstorm as a buff.
 Gilgamesh.Bassai
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Bassai
By Gilgamesh.Bassai 2013-06-19 12:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, thanks ^^
Tarutaru magian beat R15 soothsayer with around 110MAB and 98INT with no merit INT (i think the sheet didn't count it)

Also Eddy neck have 11mab instead of 15
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-19 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also Eddy neck have 11mab instead of 15

Fixed.

Also, yeah. As you get dInt past 100 on an Int-focused build, growth from more Int slows down a lot. The winner for any given spell depends a lot on exact dInt values, and how augmented any given piece in the build is. For non-max Soothsayer/Lehbrailg, Tarus will swing towards Magians much sooner than other races.
 Gilgamesh.Bassai
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Bassai
By Gilgamesh.Bassai 2013-06-21 02:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how many magic accurancy/elemental skill needed for delve nm/boss ?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Yandaime 2013-07-24 03:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: That little note on Tamaxchi ~ "Magic Damage +99" does that refer to Magic Damage +99%? Or literally Damage +99? Forgive me if this was covered somewhere else, Its been eating at my curiosity and I couldnt find any Additional Information on what exactly that "Magic Damage +99" does lol.

I figure its probably not +99% Damage cuz that might be a little broken (actually, these days who cares? everything else has been broken through the ceiling so why not? lmao)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-24 03:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is in fact damage+99, to the base value of the spell before any modifiers.
So it's a HUGE boost for tier1 spells.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-24 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When the weapon update occurs I am just casting tier 1 with this lol. Talk about a boost....

Soothsayer Staff
DMG:145 Delay:366
MP+50 INT+10 MND+10
Magic Accuracy+135 Magic Attack Bonus+19
Magic Damage+151
Staff skill+162 Parrying skill+162
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-08-06 05:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you can just buy the delve mega boss craft staff, it doesn't cost that much.

Thundaja on a Fernfelling Chapuli in ceizak
Magian => 4843
Atinian => 4833

When you take into consideration the whole +180macc thing, you can pretty much shove all your magian staves into storage now, or just toss them.

Oh, and Meteor did 4364, so it's slowly becoming non-completely useless.

BTW, is there a reason why Meteor is doing 7637 to an Umbril but Firaja only does 6532?
 Fenrir.Jarrin
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-08-06 05:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your nuking gearset please. my thundaja just did 5283 with magian staff.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-08-06 15:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff / Wizzan / empty / Ombre
Nahtirah / Eddy / Hecate / Novio
Bokwus(15) / Yaoyotl / Sorcerer's / Icesoul
Romanus / Maniacus / Orvail / Morrigan
 Fenrir.Jarrin
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-08-06 16:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

keep pushing to improve your nuking set and you'll continue to see better gains on the affinity bonus from magians. can nearly 1 shot the unbrils with firaja as it exceeds 8k with a maxed out nuking set.

gl
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 41 42 43