Dark is an element, so yes it helps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kristiania
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-05-06 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a difference between Nefer +1/Heka aside from whitebox and about ~1.5M?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kristiania
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-05-06 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
An extra 1mp/tick refresh and an easier way to cap potency I think? trying to remember those exact stats

Is it an extra 1mp/tic? I thought Nefer NQ + Heka was 3, while +1 and Heka was 3. Wiki seems vague about it.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-06 10:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ is the same mp refresh.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kristiania
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-05-06 10:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

oh you're asking about the head not the body, my bad. I thought you meant "is there a real worthwhile difference between heka kalasiris and nefer kalasiris +1 other than the white box"

Ah, my apologies. I forgot that the non rare/ex body was also named Nefer. I mostly meant the "Refresh" set on the first post, had a Nefer +1 head instead of the regular, and was wondering if there was any tangible difference between that and NQ Nefer head.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-05-06 16:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kristiania said: »
oh you're asking about the head not the body, my bad. I thought you meant "is there a real worthwhile difference between heka kalasiris and nefer kalasiris +1 other than the white box"

Ah, my apologies. I forgot that the non rare/ex body was also named Nefer. I mostly meant the "Refresh" set on the first post, had a Nefer +1 head instead of the regular, and was wondering if there was any tangible difference between that and NQ Nefer head.

the refresh is the same and you will never use any of the other stats on the HQ as you should never end-cast with it and the 5mp will be erased when you swap to precast gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-07 09:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So...Some of this new delve gear really has the potential to beat out the current high tiers :|But until someone can update the bgwiki a bit more with the maxiumum/min augments etc etc, don't really think I can update the gear sets.

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-07 09:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
So...Some of this new delve gear really has the potential to beat out the current high tiers :|But until someone can update the bgwiki a bit more with the maxiumum/min augments etc etc, don't really think I can update the gear sets.
edit: beaten

Missing some sets higher tiers but shouldn't affect blm sets.
basically MAB augment path x5 (all gear + weapon), I think the Yaoyotl Gloves still beat the augment hands for pure nuking (+2mab for -4 int) but having cure hands w/o -1 inventory tells me to wear them anyway.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-07 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow this is...Really broken. :|
Does this mean we have a new Head, Body, Legs, AND feet with the right MAB augments? :|
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-07 10:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, yes it does.
edit: weapon too. beats ToM staves.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-07 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus. @_@ Well...At least it's an easy update. . _. I'll update it sometime later today after I'm done with these Delves I'm doing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lawliett
Server: Cerberus
user: Lawliett
By Cerberus.Lawliett 2013-05-07 22:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
yes, yes it does. edit: weapon too. beats ToM staves.

At the very least with 13MaB/10INT being the cap (Sorry my last post said 15 MaB / 10 int / 10 macc cause that's what I read on BG) then 4/5 pieces of Bokwus are definitely the best in slot, the Bokwus Hands vs the Yoayotl Hands come incredibly close, but I think Yaoyotl gloves may come ahead by something as minuscule as 10 extra damage.

I need more solid proof on that staff though, has anyone actually 15/15'ed it to be sure? the 35% that the staffs offer is applied after gear is taken into consideration (I think) so that kind of testing is best done when someone has all 4 pieces of Bokwus and yaoyotl gloves to know for sure if it really beats magians.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-08 06:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking this morning I may have F'd up my math when I wrote that... in class, what's lv99 BLM's INT? nvm, doesn't matter I'll just be off by a few points by assuming eINT = base pINT

Okay, it loses to ToM. I don't know what I was thinking; I probably used a low tier nuke or helix for the other test.
note: it can win in abyssea w/ atmas. same way chat. staff pulls ahead in certain situations.

EDIT: Slycer Translation seems like the formulas governing magic damage will change in the near future.
I am looking forward to most of the change. I hope it makes INT:MAB ratio closer to 1:1 and brings damage output way up.

Now that I'm home I can access official forums...Camate
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-09 18:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for finally adding the new stuff.
<- Failz. . _.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lawliett
By Cerberus.Lawliett 2013-05-09 21:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

8/15.. Almost 9. Delve interest is slowly decreasing on my server too it would seem, looking like the realism of completing all 4 pieces in the current state of interest will be damn near impossible.

[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-05-09 22:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That body is sexy, I wants it!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-05-10 00:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have brd you are not going to want to do the MAB path with bokwus boots. And for the hands you might be better off doing the Macc or Acc path and using the Yaoyotl Gloves for Nukes +8Macc -3 more enmity, and exchanging 4INT for 2MAB. Head Body and Legs seems like MAB path would be the best case for all of them.
 Cerberus.Lawliett
By Cerberus.Lawliett 2013-05-10 09:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
If you have brd you are not going to want to do the MAB path with bokwus boots. And for the hands you might be better off doing the Macc or Acc path and using the Yaoyotl Gloves for Nukes +8Macc -3 more enmity, and exchanging 4INT for 2MAB. Head Body and Legs seems like MAB path would be the best case for all of them.

I'm just BLM/SCH/(sometimes GEO) so I'm just doing the nuking path on all pieces. I do think the fact that they all have "Rare" Tags is silly considering the method used in their augmentation. They should only have an EX Tag allowing you to augment multiple kinds. At the very least though, you can always wipe the augments clean. The Yaoyotl Gloves seem damn near impossible since noone's come close to scratching the final bosses of the Cirdas (U) zones, so I'm not really going to hold my breath on those. The difference between gloves is very minimal in damage anyway, and If I'm really stressing magic accuracy I'll just throw on Sorcerer's Gloves +2 or Wzd. Gloves +1.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-10 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The more content that requires m.acc, the more I want SE to make ToM iridial staves. 'I' when m.acc is non-issue. 'II' when m.acc is critical.

one staff per element = inventory issues galore
 Cerberus.Lawliett
By Cerberus.Lawliett 2013-05-11 16:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
The more content that requires m.acc, the more I want SE to make ToM iridial staves. 'I' when m.acc is non-issue. 'II' when m.acc is critical.

one staff per element = inventory issues galore

I'd say that it's never going to happen, but after seeing this update, it doesn't seem imbalanced at all. The game is going through a major reset so this is probably the opportune time to implement something like that. What has me wondering, is that if they just handed us a bunch of amazing gear like this Bokwus set, that destroys everything before it, how long will that last before even the bokwus set is replaced. I like to assume a body with 26 MaB and 23 INT will hold it's value for a few updates, but I'm not so sure about the other pieces.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-12 20:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any sort of consensus on what type of food to eat? Ive been using royal jelly for the INT and MP+... but theres got to be something better...
 Cerberus.Bikpik
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2013-05-12 20:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Is there any sort of consensus on what type of food to eat? Ive been using royal jelly for the INT and MP+... but theres got to be something better...

That's about it, or Cream Puffs
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-05-13 01:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm finally nearing the plans required for finishing a Morrigan +1 piece, and all of a sudden, Bokwus is the new flavour! Any thoughts? I don't do much Delve farming (got Bokwus gloves yesterday). I was gonna do Morrigan's body/hands/feet (I am 0/5 on Nares because I was focusing on getting Captain first), and right now I don't know what to do, honestly.

I also don't have the time/cash to upgrade fully Bokwus pieces, yet. Any suggestions will be most welcome!
By innit 2013-05-13 07:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the boost, but probably Locus ring for the magic burst set.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2013-05-13 09:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tarusofo said: »
So I'm finally nearing the plans required for finishing a Morrigan +1 piece, and all of a sudden, Bokwus is the new flavour! Any thoughts? I don't do much Delve farming (got Bokwus gloves yesterday). I was gonna do Morrigan's body/hands/feet (I am 0/5 on Nares because I was focusing on getting Captain first), and right now I don't know what to do, honestly.

I also don't have the time/cash to upgrade fully Bokwus pieces, yet. Any suggestions will be most welcome!
If you can't make time to get any Bokwun peices, Morrigan's will be fine.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-13 09:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Make Morrigan +1 Feet. They are best in slot until you finish upgrading the other four bukwus.

save up and buy delve body. upgrade that first since it's all + + + over any other piece, try to get some nares hands / hat. then upgrade everything else.

Edit: meebles are not bad and have e best back piece, grip, ammo and the Akasha chaps are only beaten by the higher tier MAB bukwus legs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 41 42 43