users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 363 364 365
By pchan 2013-12-26 14:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
Aside from full otronif, how are you mixing and matching acc/pdt elsewhere in your gear sets for AA fights?

twilight torque vs asperity vs ej
mollusca vs letalis
black belt vs hurch'lan
dark ring vs mars vs eponas/oneiros
honed tathlum probably a given

Would you swap out otronif head for something like whirlpool for acc if capped pdt elsewhere?
ItemSet 317296

Has anyone figured out the magic number on AA evasion for difficult? I think I remember 600-650 being the target for tojil before the skill got added to everything.

Assuming you're doing the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mnk/war setup, then you're gonna want to add as much PDT as you can find and try for accuracy augments on Otronif, otherwise just stack full accuracy for TP mnk/nin and swap to full PDT accordingly. (assuming very difficult)

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mnk/war ? Mnk/nin is stupid, might as well go rng. The elvaan silences you, the taru stones you, the hume sleeps you the mithra slows you. Assuming there is a point in doing Very hard except boredom.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 14:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadows absorb all of those attacks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 15:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, which is another reason why /war would be stupid. Losing buffs would invalidate anything you went /war for.
By pchan 2013-12-26 15:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't dispel, it abosrbs (except songs and rolls from what I saw, doesn abosb protect shell haste defender coocon etc). All easily finaled.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-26 16:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
Aside from full otronif, how are you mixing and matching acc/pdt elsewhere in your gear sets for AA fights?

twilight torque vs asperity vs ej
mollusca vs letalis
black belt vs hurch'lan
dark ring vs mars vs eponas/oneiros
honed tathlum probably a given

Would you swap out otronif head for something like whirlpool for acc if capped pdt elsewhere?
ItemSet 317296

Has anyone figured out the magic number on AA evasion for difficult? I think I remember 600-650 being the target for tojil before the skill got added to everything.

Assuming you're doing the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mnk/war setup, then you're gonna want to add as much PDT as you can find and try for accuracy augments on Otronif, otherwise just stack full accuracy for TP mnk/nin and swap to full PDT accordingly. (assuming very difficult)

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mnk/war ? Mnk/nin is stupid, might as well go rng. The elvaan silences you, the taru stones you, the hume sleeps you the mithra slows you. Assuming there is a point in doing Very hard except boredom.

why gear rng when everyone can easily go oatixur mnk/nin and kill these easily. the purpose of /nin is to not get 1shot while in tp gear, which i'd rather have over full timing PDT.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-12-26 16:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan's hypocrisy is astounding. First, he says using outside buffs is "cheating" when he was the one who made 5 mules back in the day to pre-buff before popping ADL. Second, he's trashing MNK/NIN, when he admittedly used /NIN on some of the last batch of very hard SKC BCs. Now he's finding a cheap excuse as to why doing very hard is a waste of time since he can't beat it with his inferior methods.

News flash: People have beat very hard using melee/NIN method already. Even if you augment all of your gear perfectly with acc, no one is going to go through that much effort when they can just /NIN instead.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2013-12-26 17:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was waiting for a few people at EV last week when I saw him. Two WHM logged out and a COR (or two cor?) buffed them, then the WHMs came back.
By pchan 2013-12-27 02:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Pchan's hypocrisy is astounding. First, he says using outside buffs is "cheating" when he was the one who made 5 mules back in the day to pre-buff before popping ADL. Second, he's trashing MNK/NIN, when he admittedly used /NIN on some of the last batch of very hard SKC BCs. Now he's finding a cheap excuse as to why doing very hard is a waste of time since he can't beat it with his inferior methods.

News flash: People have beat very hard using melee/NIN method already. Even if you augment all of your gear perfectly with acc, no one is going to go through that much effort when they can just /NIN instead.

God you really sound mad at me. Who are you already ? mdk told me you used to be a gimp from this server, I have no clue who though. Anyway I don't trash anything, just show me a video of ppl trashing very hard with /nin and zero pdt (not the galka), this doesn't sound realistic. According to FFXIdb, at most 2 or 3 EV/MR/HM have been killed and 1 TT, the melee/nin method doesn't seem to exist...

PS: and enjoy splitting your 30 plutons between the 12 chars needed to buff your RNGs.
PS(2) : I don't consider outside cor cheating since I already did that for some SKC, you think you made up the strat ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-27 03:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i really don't understand. keep shadows up. ni is on a 12s recast. hate bounces between three dd. shadows are down? swap to PDT. not a difficult concept. hate isnt boucncing as much as you would like? turn around or swap to PDT. not a difficult concept. between three dd, hate caps easily and keeping up shadows is pretty easy. which then allows you to tp in your normal acc sets, not having to to go through the effort in obtaining 4pdt/10acc augment ontronif. if you're still dying using this concept, then i'd suggest actually paying attention to the game you're playing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-27 03:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

it's pps
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-27 03:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

wait where is he even getting 2~3 people killing HM, there's over 1000 kills on XIDB and it isn't possible to distinguish which are normal HM and which are HQ HM; however there's at least 150 kills judging by the coral drops and ***, probably many more than that, and that's not counting the ones that XIDB can't keep track of. same pattern follows for all of them. unless there's some magical french way of distinguishing which are VH, then where are these figures coming from

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-27 03:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's not the method he uses, then it doesn't exist. Nothing new there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-12-27 04:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

God you really sound mad at me. Who are you already ?

A more fair question would be who isn't "mad" at you. You show disrespect and contempt for everything and everyone on these forums and always have. Some people put up with you because you sometimes provide good information, but I personally don't think that's worth the ocean of BS and vile we have to swim through to get to it. Though, I will admit it's very entertaining.

PS: and enjoy splitting your 30 plutons.

Try 20 per person per run. Even better if you have mules. It's not uncommon for me to walk away with 100+ plutons from 3 runs we do a night.

mdk told me you used to be a gimp from this server

According to FFXIdb, at most 2 or 3 EV/MR/HM have been killed and 1 TT, the melee/nin method doesn't seem to exist...

between the 12 chars needed to buff your RNGs.

Not even going to respond. These quotes just show your total ignorance. Come back when you actually win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-12-27 04:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan is a moronic idiot
By pchan 2013-12-27 04:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
wait where is he even getting 2~3 people killing HM, there's over 1000 kills on XIDB and it isn't possible to distinguish which are normal HM and which are HQ HM; however there's at least 150 kills judging by the coral drops and ***, probably many more than that, and that's not counting the ones that XIDB can't keep track of. same pattern follows for all of them. unless there's some magical french way of distinguishing which are VH, then where are these figures coming from

because you are not bright, the only way to count very difficult counts is boxes...
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-27 04:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Undershooting acc in the full acc sets, at least for very hard ark angels pending on buffers. Worth noting the legion ring with a 10 acc enchantment too.

Get better buffers!! I dunno what's needed, but that's 930~ base(up to 997~ during focus).
By pchan 2013-12-27 05:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i really don't understand. keep shadows up. ni is on a 12s recast. hate bounces between three dd. shadows are down? swap to PDT. not a difficult concept. hate isnt boucncing as much as you would like? turn around or swap to PDT. not a difficult concept. between three dd, hate caps easily and keeping up shadows is pretty easy. which then allows you to tp in your normal acc sets, not having to to go through the effort in obtaining 4pdt/10acc augment ontronif. if you're still dying using this concept, then i'd suggest actually paying attention to the game you're playing.

Ok bro show me.
By pchan 2013-12-27 05:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

because you are not bright, the only way to count very difficult counts is boxes...

To emphasize,

pluton boxes(GK/MR/EV/HM/TT) : 18/9/9/5/1
boulder boxes : 14/7/4/4/2
beitetsu box : 13/5/4/3/2

TOTAL : 45/21/17/12/5

extrapolation (at most): 23 GK kills, 11 MR kills, 8 EV kills, 6 HM, 3 TT kills

My all those kills except galka are done with rng. What melee/nin method are you all talking about ?
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-27 07:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

why gear rng when everyone can easily go oatixur mnk/nin and kill these easily. the purpose of /nin is to not get 1shot while in tp gear, which i'd rather have over full timing PDT

RNG is probably a better DD than MNK for most of these fights because they can dps from safety, use full dps gear, and have multiple ways of shedding hate so that PLD can tank full time. One target instead of 3 bouncing hate makes healing a lot easier. Also, RNG doesn't have to spend time recasting shadows.

Not sure which 12 buffs pchan is referring to. The only necessary ones are Hunter's Prelude, Archer's Prelude, and Hunter's Roll. Minuets are a nice bonus, but not necessary because 2 RNG can take it down in time. Your COR can DD from a safe range too and have pretty decent accuracy with preludes and hunter's.

To emphasize,

pluton boxes(GK/MR/EV/HM/TT) : 18/9/9/5/1
boulder boxes : 14/7/4/4/2
beitetsu box : 13/5/4/3/2

TOTAL : 45/21/17/12/5

extrapolation (at most): 23 GK kills, 11 MR kills, 8 EV kills, 6 HM, 3 TT kills

My all those kills except galka are done with rng. What melee/nin method are you all talking about?
Is it 1-2 boxes per kill? Not sure why you cut your total numbers in half and rounded up.

Also, what percentage of players even have drop info recorded by FFXIDB? Less than 1/10 I'm sure. Although, assuming only top-tier players are doing VH difficulty, maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of those drops are recorded on FFXIDB? Or am I way off here?
By pchan 2013-12-27 09:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I cut in half and that's still overestimating the # kills because 2 boxes can drop off the same NM (and this event is likely) and because multiple people in the PT can record the drops. My point is that if the melee/nin "strat" actually worked, there would be a decent amount of kills.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-12-27 09:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok bro show me.
brb showing you how to play the game you've been playing for years.

on a serious note, anyone who has tanked /nin anything at 75, probably the most common situation would be salvage, should manage to do this with no trouble.

Sylph.Peldin said: »
why gear rng when everyone can easily go oatixur mnk/nin and kill these easily. the purpose of /nin is to not get 1shot while in tp gear, which i'd rather have over full timing PDT
I'm sure a properly geared rng is better, however, it is more convenient and accessible to just go mnk. I mean, who doesn't have mnk nowadays?

There are many ways to do this, but the the most accessible would be just normal dd/nin. does not require anything you shouldn't already have. doesn't need outside buffers. doesn't even need mnk as dd. i've done this with drgs. mnk is obviously more beneficial from higher survivability and you lose less dps from /nin vs a 2hander.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-12-27 11:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I cut in half and that's still overestimating the # kills because 2 boxes can drop off the same NM (and this event is likely) and because multiple people in the PT can record the drops. My point is that if the melee/nin "strat" actually worked, there would be a decent amount of kills.

It looks like you're trying to say that drop data is duplicated for each person in the party. The site looks at the drops and the time that the drop data came in, and determines whether or not people were in the same group so that the drop data is not duplicated.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2013-12-27 11:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Undershooting acc in the full acc sets, at least for very hard ark angels pending on buffers. Worth noting the legion ring with a 10 acc enchantment too.

Get better buffers!! I dunno what's needed, but that's 930~ base(up to 997~ during focus).

Even on GK I fall off accuracy cap without focus up. Thats using 2x ghorn madrigals, sushi and perfect acc gear except for thaumas body + Oats. Our smn is a mule so can't land evasion down, could always swap smn for cor but its not worth the sacrifice in safety.

MR is even more evasive and you definitely need a smn over cor for the last 25% unless you want to spend the entire time in DT gear.

And Pchans estimations on how many VD kills there have been are laughable, our group alone exceeds the # of kills for each one except TT and EV. A lot of people haven't been using GW plugin since 4.1 due to issues with crafting.
By pchan 2013-12-27 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people craft etc. SE didn't release anything worhtwhile to craft for one year, but people craft. Excuse accepted. Also no galka is not evasive, I capped accuracy during SV on all of the AAs on VD except mithra :p and that's in full pdt and w/o focus/agressor.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-27 12:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming there is a point in doing Very hard except boredom
Quote:

It *** RAINS gil. You would know if you were able to clear it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I average 55 of each mat per clear 6boxing VD.

55 * 200 = 11M
~.5 * 3M(mat) = ~1.5M
55 boulder/bei = ~1.5M

14M/h is undeniably above ADL, and you can do it in much less than an hour if you're coordinated. Plus, you get gear that has value instead of glowing swords.
By pchan 2013-12-27 16:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ADl is better gil than that, you'd know if your mules had 2 afterglows which they don't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 16:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ADl is better gil than that, you'd know if your mules had 2 afterglows which they don't.
Spend 2 hours farming 4 pops. Log on mules and pop 4 times. I believe that was what you claimed, yes?

4 hours for 4 kills, average like 4.4 marrows, 7m/marrow = 30.8m

30.8 / 4 = 7.7m/h

just over half as much gil, requires a bunch of useless mules, and takes 4 hours + possible travel/etc

you can get merits in 30 minutes, i believe you personally claimed 20 in the past.. can kill a vd with rng setup in 16 minutes 100% reliably without any outside buffs or relogging.. home point warps limit travel to ~5min, you end up with 41 min if you weren't bullshitting about 20 min merits
By pchan 2013-12-27 16:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1H30 to farm 5 pops, 1H to pop them, add to this a couple of 100coins, single coins (100+) and AF2 mats. Marrows go for 7 M. You are at 14M per hours just from marrows, and there are in high demand to the point ppl /tell directly to my mule...
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 363 364 365