iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 16:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to go with above average speed for marrows, you have to allow the same for AA.

14m/41 min = 20,487,805 / hr
(20 min merits, 16 min fight, 5 min travel)

You're also getting 40.9 upgrade slips(5 119 upgrades worth) per hour, and ~1.6 pieces of ark angel gear. Many of the gear pieces could be sold for upwards of 5m(I've been offered 30 for a mithra mask..).

Be realistic, you're embarassing yourself.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-27 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan plays ADL Fantasy XI.
So his mules and him can all glow together on christmas.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2013-12-27 17:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit all Pchan...everytime I come into this thread to read about mnk I gotta see this guy just throwing his ego out there. Just shut up and offer valid advice, nicely. No one takes your advice seriously when you word it the way you do. Or act as childish as you. Grow up and let this freaking thread in peace. It literally is 10x harder to get the advice from the actual smart people than listening to you banter all day about something stupid because you're biased and probably touch yourself to the thought of playing mnk in your sleep. I have to seriously read others arguments with you for some stupid reason to get to the relevant advice. Just for the love of god, Stooooop.

P.S if ya guys want Pchan to not be here, or atleast shut up, don't respond to him. And there is no point in trying to prove it to him either, because he already has his answer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-12-27 17:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm out of popcorn.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2013-12-27 17:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need popcorn to watch internet arguments.
By pchan 2013-12-27 18:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you want to go with above average speed for marrows, you have to allow the same for AA.

14m/41 min = 20,487,805 / hr
(20 min merits, 16 min fight, 5 min travel)

You're also getting 40.9 upgrade slips(5 119 upgrades worth) per hour, and ~1.6 pieces of ark angel gear. Many of the gear pieces could be sold for upwards of 5m(I've been offered 30 for a mithra mask..).

Be realistic, you're embarassing yourself.

Could be sold

Do not sell

Just like beitestu and boulders ? What's sad about VD AA is that 1/3 of the drops suck balls and you have to count on the garbage drops that sell 20k in bazar to even equal ADL. Also once the exp bonus from the capaign wears off you divide the gil that you don't do (because you don't kill VD) by 2. Like I said call me when you actually do things you do. But hey, idiot were even saying cruor farming was beating ADL back in the day.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-27 18:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

20 minutes for merits is easy, and you can clear galka VH battlefied in less than 10 minutes. The actual fight takes less than 8:20 once you buff and run up. Songs don't even drop with carn
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-27 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the zone is claimed a good half of the time, plenty of people solo them and cokcblock parties. This will be a good money maker once SE decides to actually allow people to farm riftcinders and upgrade empy, but this won't happen because this is the law.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Could be sold

Do not sell

Just like beitestu and boulders ? What's sad about VD AA is that 1/3 of the drops suck balls and you have to count on the garbage drops that sell 20k in bazar to even equal ADL.
11m in plutons alone per run is (60/41) * 11 = 16m/h if you trash everything else, but an occasional gear sale still happens and you still have uses for some of the gear(as you yourself have admitted some pieces are best in slot). Anything you gain from selling gear or lesser mats is just putting it further in the lead.

Quote:
Also once the exp bonus from the capaign wears off you divide the gil that you don't do (because you don't kill VD) by 2.
I've always done my exp in abyssea using a mass roam approach, takes about 25 minutes but it allows for any amount of characters to join and it will be entirely unaffected by the campaign wearing off.

Quote:
Like I said call me when you actually do things you do. But hey, idiot were even saying cruor farming was beating ADL back in the day.
I was soloing ADL before you were duoing it. I've probably farmed more marrows than you have, I just don't consider an afterglow worth $20k. Cruor farming was good because it was done in the same way fishing is now.

Move along, gimplet.
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-27 19:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't take seriously someone that includes 1/5 droprate gear in his gil/h count. The only worthwile drop from which you can build money is pluton, and there are too few plutons for the system to be worth it even if you would enter the b/c without cokcblock and had the exp bonus 100% of the time. With an optimistic scenario you average 4 box per run, 120 items, 40 of which are pluton which sell 12M on my server, in a time frame of 1 hour. It's good money for you, but you don't know how to build good miney clearly.

I guessed this the moment the first report on boxes was it giving 30 items.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-27 19:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With an optimistic scenario you average 4 box per run, 120 items, 40 of which are pluton which sell 12M on my server
I said 11M for the same, so I suppose my estimate was still conservative.

Quote:
, in a time frame of 1 hour.
This is the part that doesn't work. You can't personally brag about getting merits in 20 minutes then insist it takes an hour to do a run. The home point warps cut travel to less than 5 minutes and the fight itself can't take more than 20. At the very most, you take 45 minutes per run when focused. Now, there are 60 minutes in an hour.

60 / 45 = 1 and one third.

1 1/3 * 12M(YOUR estimate) = 16M/H.

By your own estimate, disregarding any potential gain from the new gear, gear sales, 119 upgrade mats, beitetsu, and boulders, IT IS STILL MORE GIL OVER TIME THAN ADL.

I'm done biting, have a nice night.
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-27 19:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well even by your biased estimation which corresponds to a best case scenario (never having 3 other parties in laloff etc) it's only 2M better than a basic ADL farming so I think it's settled.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-27 19:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ADL is bound to once a day per set of characters anyways, why is this an argument? Even if it was worse gil, it would make it the easy second best alternative.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-27 23:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, here's the how to make gil the quickest guide. I was looking everywhere for this, who'da ***' thought I'd find it here.
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-28 10:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Now everytime I enter Laloff I have to spam enter for 30 minutes to even be able to enter.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-01-04 17:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So I did AAHM normal today and I kept utsu up decently but a swear the second of fell I got oneshotted either in between macros Or while casting ichi. Could you awesome people post an optimal utsu casting set and possibly your tp sets for these fights? I only had like 20pdt because I needed acc so badly. Had sushi and madrigalx1. Using oatixur. On the phone so I can't build my set right now sorry.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-04 17:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped gear haste and marches+haste will put ni recast at 14 seconds. To get past that, you need to add fast cast gear. Thaumas Gloves, Athos' Chapeau, orunmila's torque, prolix ring, loquac. earring seems to be the extent of what MNK(or NIN) can wear, totaling 15% fast cast, which will lower recast to 13 seconds(not very big).

I haven't used the shadow method much for AA, but my guess would be that you use ni at timer and put PDT on when it's down, as opposed to trying to get ichi up. Ichi's casttime is long, hurts your dps, and stands a high chance to be interrupted.

Ninja is a better job to do the shadow method with, as you'll be getting 5 shadows every 13 seconds instead of 3, making Ni only easier to maintain and reducing your risk of dying to an unblinked WS. That said, if you can be one shotted in PDT, you might want to reconsider whether your strategy is the best you can do, as there's always going to be some chance of a multihit round taking down your shadows immediately before a WS.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-01-04 17:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

there were 2 blues with less PDT then me not having troubles so I almost feel like I was just unlucky as hell the 2 times I died. Itanked MR on normal along with its pet and the pld no one would sleep and lived through that NP. But I'll keep that in mind about not using Ichi thay makes a lot of sense. Even so we won so I'll see how the next few runs go too.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-01-04 17:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

suzzy feet can be aug w/ fastcast/haste, i have a pair w/ 4%fast cast 2% haste.
By pchan 2014-01-04 19:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tank the hume /nin, /war is fine on normal and hard, full time pdt etc. The only one that is tankable /nin is glaka because it's slow. The hume dualwields and DA or TA pretty often eating more than you three shadow every round. Acc should not be an issue /nin even with non SV madrigals and sushi.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2014-01-04 20:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tank the hume /nin, /war is fine on normal and hard, full time pdt etc. The only one that is tankable /nin is glaka because it's slow. The hume dualwields and DA or TA pretty often eating more than you three shadow every round. Acc should not be an issue /nin even with non SV madrigals and sushi.
You heard it from the man himself, you can't tank hume mnk/nin, but my group uses a mix of mnk/drg/thf/war sub nin for ALL VD fight except mithra/elvaan VD which we use 1x rng in place of the other dd job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2014-01-04 23:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

this is so true, 119 mythic brd and whm don't have too much trouble landing elegy/slow with thren/earth shot.
By pchan 2014-01-05 04:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »
You heard it from the man himself, you can't tank hume mnk/nin, but my group uses a mix of mnk/drg/thf/war sub nin for ALL VD fight except mithra/elvaan VD which we use 1x rng in place of the other dd job.
With a PLD/nin therefore they don't tank...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-01-05 09:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** tanks these as PLD/NIN? See, you really need to get out of your MNK fetish already and learn how other jobs operate. Also, MNK/NIN x3 have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, let alone ANY OTHER DDs bouncing hate back and forth, especially with Elegy and Slow on the Hume. See, if you knew how this game worked, and simple math, you'd realize this, but apparently others have to explain rudimentary game mechanics to you on a daily basis.

Please upload a video of you doing these fights /war and don't crop/edit and take 20 times like your famous ADL videos. Also don't forget, no windower, no cheats etc gimplets, SE sanction only and 5 marrow reward for winning etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-05 10:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan's mind is quite simple, with a post like that I'm afraid you're falling right into his hands.

Even I can't help but find amusement in your post, and not the kind of amusement you may favor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-01-05 10:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

k

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By pchan 2014-01-05 13:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Who the *** tanks these as PLD/NIN? See, you really need to get out of your MNK fetish already and learn how other jobs operate. Also, MNK/NIN x3 have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, let alone ANY OTHER DDs bouncing hate back and forth, especially with Elegy and Slow on the Hume. See, if you knew how this game worked, and simple math, you'd realize this, but apparently others have to explain rudimentary game mechanics to you on a daily basis.

Please upload a video of you doing these fights /war and don't crop/edit and take 20 times like your famous ADL videos. Also don't forget, no windower, no cheats etc gimplets, SE sanction only and 5 marrow reward for winning etc.

Please upload a video of any VD fight except galka done with the setup you claim. Should be easy since, as you say, they should have no problem WHATSOEVER. You've never done those fights. Go back doing very easy.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 363 364 365