What Do You Want In FFXIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What do you want in FFXIV?
What do you want in FFXIV?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Personal airship!!!!!!!!!!

do it!

DO IT NOA

I would play the game farm my *** off and get this thing asap I don't care for anything else

I want a airship >.< {mine!}

But it turns out you can only land it in port bastok, windy, sandy and jueno still. :B
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 13:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Meh... I like the crafting armor/weapons.

Yeah, a lot of people do. Not trying to be repetitive, but that wouldn't work with my whole "eliminate a player run economy" opinion. Unless, of course, you're going to craft gear and weapons for people because you're just a nice guy? :P

They could allow players to level an "Augmenting" skill, which allows them to do like what the augment system does now, except for NOT have it be broken and random. You skill up as you augment the gear...which would encourage you to augment gear for people out of kindness, not greed, since it's the only way to skill it up ^^
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 13:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal airship? kinda like a bicycle with a propeller type thing?
 Alexander.Mohammedhamed
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Mohammedhamed 2009-06-10 13:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see a pvp system like in WoW. I would also like people to be able to add status boosts to their equipment like in Wow. Aside from that I think the rest is fine. Just wish gear wasnt always so damn expensive or impossible to get (THF relic wpn for example. Impossible to get)
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 13:50:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

well something along the line of the ships you see in FF14 CS

anything really so I don't need 2 pay for transport ._. but don't you think it would be awesome >.>

"ok guys I gtg, airship lands"
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 13:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I craft things for people all the time. >.> All they have to do is get me mats. And often times I give crafted stuff away anyway.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 13:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I craft things for people all the time. >.> All they have to do is get me mats. And often times I give crafted stuff away anyway.

Good for you! Seriously, not being facetious.

I just think S-E needs to encourage people helping others, not for profit, but because it's a nice thing to do. No charging people for Astral Flow, PLing and that ***. No charging for tele's and ***. Keep the financial's pure...you get money by killing mobs. That's it. Want money? Go kill ***. Like everyone else.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but in any game, you're going to have some type of currency that's able to be traded between PC's. That won't ever change. It's the person, not the game.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-10 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

User submitted image

Like this?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 13:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Nieko said:

User submitted image

Like this?

JUST like that!

Awww.. He fixed it.

Really though, check out the FFXIV trailer. Would be nice to get things like those.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, but in any game, you're going to have some type of currency that's able to be traded between PC's. That won't ever change. It's the person, not the game.

They don't need to, though. They really don't, and not being able to trade currency would eliminate RMT pretty much completely. I thought that was what they wanted?
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 14:00:13

People can make money on their own

just give them a chance and they can make it

you don't need a flowing Currency

also i'd like a end to RMT tyvm
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 14:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one don't want to have to go farm / camp something EVERY time I want something. It's bad enough finding mats to make things as it is, let alone having to farm it all.

And for the NM's and such... Sure, would be nice if they spawned more often, and dropped the gear more often. But... They want you to play, so... Low drop rates / long spawn times forces you into the game for longer amounts of time.

The Ochiudo's/Ochimusha kote for example from FFXI... I'd MUCH rather just buy them for the 800k or so than camping that mob with competition and low drop rate. >.>
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 14:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I for one don't want to have to go farm / camp something EVERY time I want something. It's bad enough finding mats to make things as it is, let alone having to farm it all.

And for the NM's and such... Sure, would be nice if they spawned more often, and dropped the gear more often. But... They want you to play, so... Low drop rates / long spawn times forces you into the game for longer amounts of time.

The Ochiudo's/Ochimusha kote for example from FFXI... I'd MUCH rather just buy them for the 800k or so than camping that mob with competition and low drop rate. >.>

My point is, everyone would have to do it. We'd all be on equal footing. It would suck for you, just like it sucks for everyone else. It would keep the system completely balanced. More hours put in=better ***.

Of course, mobs would have to drop a much more reasonable amount of currency, and vendors would need to actually sell useful ***. But it could be done. Will it be done? Prolly not. But it'd be nice.

EDIT: Oh yeah, like Thunderz says, too. Better gil rewards for completing quests. Rewards in gil for helping other's complete quest, even if you already did it yourself.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 14:10:56

There is also alternatives in which way you can make money. Won't always be grinding mobs for it

Probably some sort of repeat quest you could do

Or dungeons that would be fun and rewarding (FF14 needs dungeon areas!)

Also this would be my N#1 favorite thing in the world

If they didn't add snk/invis in FF14 and made more 6/6 activity's

and because there (hope) wont be any snk/invis plz make it that there isn't 500x mobs in the zone and that they aren't bunched up together lets be honest the way they stack tons of mobs that link next to each other is frankly stupid and Extremely annoying

This would make it easy on noobs wallets

oh lets not forget if you aggro something and you decide to run. When you get to a certain distance the mob would stop and go back to his normal spawn area
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 14:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what is gonna suck, when we start out on there, rabbits are still going to kick our ***!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 14:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
You know what is gonna suck, when we start out on there, rabbits are still going to kick our ***!

LOL

I'm not jumping ship for FFXIV, but I will check out the new forums for it, if anything to hear all the "Where the *** is the outpost guy here" and "I'm stuck at level 10, help!!" posts.

Things we take for granted with wiki's and *** ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 14:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Tbest said:

They don't care if you're logged on or not. You can not log on for months at a time. As long as you keep paying.

Ok... Let's put it this way... The longer time it takes for you to get something, the more you play. The more you play (in days/months/years), the more money they make. Generally people play to accomplish things. And if it takes them years to accomplish something, SE's making more money than if it only took them a month to accomplish the same feat.

As for the EVERYONE having to farm... Not EVERYONE has hours and hours to devote to farming for gil/items. Some of us have jobs/other commitments.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tbest said:

My point is, everyone would have to do it. We'd all be on equal footing. It would suck for you, just like it sucks for everyone else. It would keep the system completely balanced. More hours put in=better ***.

Of course, mobs would have to drop a much more reasonable amount of currency, and vendors would need to actually sell useful ***. But it could be done. Will it be done? Prolly not. But it'd be nice.

EDIT: Oh yeah, like Thunderz says, too. Better gil rewards for completing quests. Rewards in gil for helping other's complete quest, even if you already did it yourself.

Sounds good but in all fairness this would lead to biased playing. People would choose their party members based on the gear which is fair kinda. But how pissed would u be if u camped an nm for a drop for a week+ only to find out some random passerby killed the nm, got drop, and is now better than u simply cuz u got up to go to the bathroom?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Sounds good but in all fairness this would lead to biased playing. People would choose their party members based on the gear which is fair kinda. But how pissed would u be if u camped an nm for a drop for a week+ only to find out some random passerby killed the nm, got drop, and is now better than u simply cuz u got up to go to the bathroom?

If people make an effort then most players are pretty lenient in FFXI from what I've experienced, and I would bet FFXIV would be similar. Besides, it ain't like you can see the gear when searching someone, at least, in the current system...

And yeah, the NM thing would be frustrating, but it's like that now.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 14:41:05

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Nieko said:

If people make an effort then most players are pretty lenient in FFXI from what I've experienced, and I would bet FFXIV would be similar. Besides, it ain't like you can see the gear when searching someone, at least, in the current system...

And yeah, the NM thing would be frustrating, but it's like that now.

lets cross our fingers and hope its completely different then FFXI systems SRSLY need more dungeons!

competition for gear is Le ghay!

Competing for something is not Fun at all but fighting together to get something is much better this is probably why 75% of FFXI population is straight up greedy and loots *** since thats pretty much how the game is designed me/myself/I!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought of something from the check post... I'd like if all mobs of a specific type were the SAME level. It's annoying having a 3+ lvl range on the exact same mob. Make all mobs of a certain type the same level and have the same stats, thus yielding the exact same xp/gil(yes I know they're not using xp, but the FFXIV's equivalent of xp if you're able to upgrade/spend points at all).
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 15:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Thought of something from the check post... I'd like if all mobs of a specific type were the SAME level. It's annoying having a 3+ lvl range on the exact same mob. Make all mobs of a certain type the same level and have the same stats, thus yielding the exact same xp/gil(yes I know they're not using xp, but the FFXIV's equivalent of xp if you're able to upgrade/spend points at all).

I agree...having the same mobs, in the same zone, vary from T to IT is irritating. If it's an Orcish Faceraper, I want it to check the same as all the other Orcish Facerapers in the zone.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 16:58:32

Along the lines of what was previously said, I sure as hell hope we get a far more vast line of monsters to fight. I understand FFXIV will not be using an experience points based method of leveling up however, XI has pretty used to be {Final} {Crab} {Fantasy} and now is {Final} {Bird} {Fantasy}. No more grinding on the same mobs, and more lush and diverse environments (including monsters).
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Along the lines of what was previously said, I sure as hell hope we get a far more vast line of monsters to fight. I understand FFXIV will not be using an experience points based method of leveling up however, XI has pretty used to be {Final} {Crab} {Fantasy} and now is {Final} {Bird} {Fantasy}. No more grinding on the same mobs, and more lush and diverse environments (including monsters).

An excellent idea. Idk how there are any crabs left anywhere in Vanadiel. And Garbage Shitadel HAS to be out of bats and beetles by now.
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-10 17:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
Lame that they announced there will be no "Experience points."

If character advancement is how i picture it based on the way they worded things, I'm gonna be sticking with 11. From my understanding, your character doesn't advance at all in "levels" but instead increases in their ability to use a specific type of weapon. This leads them to using stronger weapons in that class, meaning that character advancement is based solely and entirely off the gear they're capable of wearing. I'm drawing this conclusion from the fact they said that your characters advancement is reliant on weapons. This is merely my speculation on what they may do...

I cant remember if it was a FF or a Dragon Quest game, but the more you used a weapon or spell the more proficient you got at it and the more you were hit by lightning the more resistant you became to it.

Its not Square any more; it's Square-Enix. Need to consider DQ will have influence and this may just be the first FFDQ game.
 Garuda.Maasahn
Server: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-06-10 17:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

If it sucks why would you play?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 17:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Maasahn said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

If it sucks why would you play?

You did get the point, right?

Everyone *** about everything in MMO's. Saying something sucks is nothing new. I'm just saying the "suck" would be even for everyone.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Narayan said:

I cant remember if it was a FF or a Dragon Quest game, but the more you used a weapon or spell the more proficient you got at it and the more you were hit by lightning the more resistant you became to it.

Its not Square any more; it's Square-Enix. Need to consider DQ will have influence and this may just be the first FFDQ game.

Another excellent point that we have all been overlooking.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11