What Do You Want In FFXIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What do you want in FFXIV?
What do you want in FFXIV?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-09 23:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit:
Just to reiterate what Scragg said for those that are making posts in here. If you feel something should be considered please post it in the Suggestions Forum as per below. Please remember that it's not about defending or attacking an idea, just looking at things that you may want to see in FFXIV and to share feedback on those ideas as a player-group.

Scragg said:
This forum is for suggestions for Square-Enix on the development of FFXIV. Please use the following format when posting.

Got a suggestion?
Make a new Topic for your suggestion. The topic name should be the suggestion in it's shortest form.

Inside your post, reiterate the suggestion in the short form. Add a description to why Square-Enix should spend their valuable time doing it. Make it concise.

Everyone Else
Rate the original post up if you like the suggestion, down if you think it's a bad idea. Reply with any opinions.

If we get enough decent ones I might compile a list and sticky it.

Seeing as Scragg has given us this nice new shiny forum I figured it might be a good place to actually start asking the question, what do you want to see in the next FF MMORPG?

Please try to take into consideration some of the things that have already been stated as fact e.g. There will be no character transfers.

Personally, better use of instanced events is a must. Possible more instanced events for lower level characters to keep them interested. True use of player vs many enemies without having to use sleepga or something similar so one enemy can be battled at a time instead of fighting many at a time.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 00:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I WANT SOME JIGGLY MITHRA AND FEMALE ELVAAN BREASTS =O
AND AND I WANT BETTER SCH AND RDM SKIRTS!
AND I WANT MORE FUN TODO IN MOG HOUSE!

TIME MAGE PL0X!
GEOMANCER!
CHILDLIKE RACE THAT ARENT TINY LITTLE FAT THINGIES
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 00:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 to jiggly :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 00:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Manthra please. or some other race that would make a perfect MALE thief.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rollinwinds
By Cerberus.Rollinwinds 2009-06-10 00:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bangaa(sp?)/Lizardmen would be great. I loved being Iksar in EQ. Fun times, fun times.

D'VINN TO THE ZONE GTFO OF THE WAY

^If you know what that means, you already have a special place in my heart.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 00:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see the economy completely revamped. Have mobs drop more gil, all gear procured from mob drops or NPC vendors, and allow improvements on your gear from other vendors for gil.

If the really want to, they can completely eliminate RMT in one fell swoop...you can't trade gil. If you want something, you go out and farm for it like everyone else. No more buying gil, no more selling it.

No more crying about the AH, because there'd be no need for one to exist.

I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be a nice change of pace from player run economies that crash and inflate into the stratosphere.

Oh, and more jigglies LOL
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 01:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh oh, no zones. There's surely no reason these days for zoning to exist.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i was just lookin up screenshots of FFXIV and came across one of 4 adventurers looking out into the scenery from a cliff and saw... what looked like a choco/elvaan hybrid char. I lost the pic add but i'm sure someone else has seen this. WTF?
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:

well i'm sure zones of some sort will be implicated. but that is worth looking into. no reason each city couldnt be one zone and not broken up into pieces. Except for obscenely-large-and-spacious-for-no-f*king-reason Windurst.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Manthra please. or some other race that would make a perfect MALE thief.

Like this guy?
User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 01:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:

Other than having everythign one big zone is wasteful and overtaxes your connection and components completely uneccessarily
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 01:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Large zones are ok as long as they have a distinct segmentation of some sort. For example if Jeuno was actually all connected to each other and you didn't zone just went up the stairs with "Upper Jeuno" fade-on/off on screen. Stuff like Windy is just horrific.

Obviously you'd still have zoning for warps or teleports or homepoints etc or w/e the system is, any instance where you're not physically moving from one zone to the next.

If there are outpost warps I'd like to see them named as the zone they are in rather than Zulkeim etc.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 01:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:

Other than having everythign one big zone is wasteful and overtaxes your connection and components completely uneccessarily

Have you played GTA4 (just using it as an example)?
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-10 01:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the same jobsystem that FFXI got ;; That's kinda what i enjoy the most in FFXI... no need to change character, just switch job >_> and mix them as you like... {Can I have it?}
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-10 01:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Ok i was just lookin up screenshots of FFXIV and came across one of 4 adventurers looking out into the scenery from a cliff and saw... what looked like a choco/elvaan hybrid char. I lost the pic add but i'm sure someone else has seen this. WTF?

User submitted image

This one? How can you make that chocobo into an elvaan? lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

um... i just said elvaan cuz i was hardly payin attention and noticed it was taller than the other races. but still, it's a chocobo with boots on. Does no one else find this strange? If not how about the quiver full of arrows or the fuzzy-non-scaly choco legs. I dont think we're gonna be riding that guy.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 01:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:

Dude, how does having no zones tax your connection? All the rendering is done client side, just because you have no zones doesn't mean you need an infinite draw distance, especially not for character/mobs.

It would be quite easy to accomplish with invisible zone lines, and break them up into even smaller zones than we have now. You'd still have ridiculously high landscape draw distance, but only character and mob info would be split into these smaller zones. In FFXI, mobs and characters become visible at 50', so it's possible to make each zone 50' square. Zones would be broken up similar to map references, so if you're in zone E5 (which could be displayed to you as E5 of konschtat highlands) you'll actually have the E5 zone loaded, as well as D4 D5 D6 E4 E6 F4 F5 F6. I believe even FFXI does this already to an extent, the only difference is that the actual zone lines as we know them may actually be a switch in server, something that I'm sure can be worked around pretty simply today.

Even with this method, it's still simple to classify you as being in a different area by your location, which would make you available to /shouts, area related system messages (like ballista announcements) and bringing up the appropriate maps.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 01:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The image makes it look like the chocobo is wearing boots but it's just the image. If you watch the video you can see normal looking legs/feet. I saw a few people comment on it in other threads too so checked it out after thinking wtf.

The video also shows the chocobo with a riding saddle, so they still appear to be mounts. Looks like a tight squeeze for the 3 of them in the photo though, where's the chocobo for the elvaan and hume? Would be nice if you could dismount a chocobo without it running off, unless you're entering a cave of some sorts, something similar to the horse from Shadows of the Colossus maybe. Hell, even somehow put something in similar to FF7 with chocobos that cross land/water/mountains/ocean. :D
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How about we add the ability to mod our char's animations to some degree. Yes I see the dangers of this (tarus humping galka legs and such) but it would be really fun to make my own /cheer or /blush
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-10 01:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
um... i just said elvaan cuz i was hardly payin attention and noticed it was taller than the other races. but still, it's a chocobo with boots on. Does no one else find this strange? If not how about the quiver full of arrows or the fuzzy-non-scaly choco legs. I dont think we're gonna be riding that guy.

I dont think that's boots dude, take a closer look at it's feet. But idk:p I doubt SE will make something chocobo-ish a playable race lol.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kvazz said:
Nieko said:

I dont think that's boots dude, take a closer look at it's feet. But idk:p I doubt SE will make something chocobo-ish a playable race lol.

upon closer inspection i also notice the yellow thing has no arms and looks like straps of some sort on his head. Let's hope i was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off the mark on that initial /check chocobo

still an odd looking chocobo tho....
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 01:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit that it's a weird view of the chocobo, but it has a quiver of arrows for same reason that it has all that other crap on it's back, it's being used as a mule (pack-horse). Hopefully we can still ride them (except galkas), and I like Karu's idea of them staying where you leave them like in all the older FF games (but give us a whistle please >_>).
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-10 01:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a /punttaru emote that actually sends them flying far away.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
We need a /punttaru emote that actually sends them flying far away.

>.> or a /skinmithra that lets us taru wear mithra heads much like the demon helm....
[+]
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-10 02:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame that they announced there will be no "Experience points."

If character advancement is how i picture it based on the way they worded things, I'm gonna be sticking with 11. From my understanding, your character doesn't advance at all in "levels" but instead increases in their ability to use a specific type of weapon. This leads them to using stronger weapons in that class, meaning that character advancement is based solely and entirely off the gear they're capable of wearing. I'm drawing this conclusion from the fact they said that your characters advancement is reliant on weapons. This is merely my speculation on what they may do...

Lets just hope it's not like that. I want experience points!
Pt'ing for me was the only thing in the game that i truly enjoyed. Everyone who knows me knows that much... All my merits are maxed out completely, aside from DNC. Quit it cuz noone invites a dnc :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 02:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:

If character advancement is how i picture it based on the way they worded things, I'm gonna be sticking with 11. From my understanding, your character doesn't advance at all in "levels" but instead increases in their ability to use a specific type of weapon. This leads them to using stronger weapons in that class, meaning that character advancement is based solely and entirely off the gear they're capable of wearing. I'm drawing this conclusion from the fact they said that your characters advancement is reliant on weapons. This is merely my speculation on what they may do...

If ur right on this then XIV just lost my attendance.
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-10 02:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea... The fact that they stated weapons are an important part of your characters advancement pretty much ruins any hope of it being an "RPG." It's no longer worthy of the title once you rip out experience points. The ability to level up your character is what defines the Genre. Simply giving them more access to spells and better equipment isn't the same at all.

I sure hope SE comes up with a decent system :\ The problem seems to be that the staff is too focused on making the game totally unique that they'll likely destroy all the little parts we like about other games.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 02:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You wont know until it's announced, try hold off on negative thoughts until it's official. For now just dream of the things you do want. :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 02:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:

Lets just hope it's not like that. I want experience points!
Pt'ing for me was the only thing in the game that i truly enjoyed. Everyone who knows me knows that much... All my merits are maxed out completely, aside from DNC. Quit it cuz noone invites a dnc :P

Source?

That's basically EXPing without EXP, you still have to work up to being able to use the equipment much like you can't wear gear until a certain level. An interesting choice of approach... think it was FFII that last did this in the franchise?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 02:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, it's impossible to have an RPG where your characters don't level up in the traditional sense...

User submitted image
User submitted image
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11