What Do You Want In FFXIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What do you want in FFXIV?
What do you want in FFXIV?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 02:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking further into the weapon exp topic, I dont see that working at all. What about mages who even with their B(+) staff/club ability, couldnt melee-solo most [too weak] mobs? If the game were to be built on bonuses for using weapons, blm and whm would be kicked to the curb. And what's an FF game with no blm or whm?
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 02:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Yup, it's impossible to have an RPG where your characters don't level up in the traditional sense...

Yes it has worked before but do u really think a system like ffx would work in the world of MMO? How hard would it be to build a pt if u had to send tells to everyone seeking to find out if they were a red mage or were they more geared toward being a paladin?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 02:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you have a weapon equipped doesn't mean that's your only source of damage. Just like a war has different weapon skills depending on which type of weapon they use, so too could a blm have different spells depending on what weapon is equipped. Imagine how much of a difference that could make to rdm strategically!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 02:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Blazza said:
Yup, it's impossible to have an RPG where your characters don't level up in the traditional sense...

Yes it has worked before but do u really think a system like ffx would work in the world of MMO? How hard would it be to build a pt if u had to send tells to everyone seeking to find out if they were a red mage or were they more geared toward being a paladin?

Doesn't have to be the exact same system, plus, depending on which path you take on the sphere grid, it would give you a different job name. I came up with that solution in 10 seconds, SE have been working on this for 5 years, have a little faith dude.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 02:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Just because you have a weapon equipped doesn't mean that's your only source of damage. Just like a war has different weapon skills depending on which type of weapon they use, so too could a blm have different spells depending on what weapon is equipped. Imagine how much of a difference that could make to rdm strategically!

... why arent u working for SE? I love this idea.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 02:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Yes it has worked before but do u really think a system like ffx would work in the world of MMO? How hard would it be to build a pt if u had to send tells to everyone seeking to find out if they were a red mage or were they more geared toward being a paladin?[/quote]
Blazza said:

Doesn't have to be the exact same system, plus, depending on which path you take on the sphere grid, it would give you a different job name. I came up with that solution in 10 seconds, SE have been working on this for 5 years, have a little faith dude.

I have faith. SE has only released one stinker imo, but i'd rather keep my hopes low and be wowed than set my expectations high and be let down.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 02:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't speak Japanese. But seriously, as much as it is fun to muse and hypothesise, just wait and see what they have in store for us. I've never played a FF game that I didn't like, they are one of the few gaming companies that I do actually have faith in and I know they'll have learnt a lot from the mistakes and success of not just FFXI, but competing MMO's like WoW.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 02:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume growth would be within the bounds of each job unless it's overlapping and thus probably positive for both jobs. Kind of like general merits right now.

Mages would get their bonuses in nuking/enfeebling/curing since that's what they'd be doing. Hell, I've got maybe 80 staff skill from meleeing for shits and giggles? It's not like we melee now anyway - unless you're solo SMN and then it's still situational.

If this is true and they do it right, it should work something like this: I nuke a bunch as a BLM, my nukes become more potent. I hit a mob as a MNK, my H2H skill improves. Or maybe it allows us to progress towards improvements like unlocking new spells/abilities, like in FFX and FFXII as Blazza noted. We have this already in the form of spells/abilities with level requirements and skills that are level capped. This removes (well, obscures) the actual level aspect of the system.
 Fenrir.Aaho
user: mrjaredl
By Fenrir.Aaho 2009-06-10 02:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
Yea... The fact that they stated weapons are an important part of your characters advancement pretty much ruins any hope of it being an "RPG." It's no longer worthy of the title once you rip out experience points. The ability to level up your character is what defines the Genre. Simply giving them more access to spells and better equipment isn't the same at all.

I sure hope SE comes up with a decent system :\ The problem seems to be that the staff is too focused on making the game totally unique that they'll likely destroy all the little parts we like about other games.

Well I have noticed with alot of RPGs as of late that bits and pieces of what is loved about RPGs is gettin taken out. I mean most still have the xp component but just little tid-bits being taken out of them all. I almost find myself playin older versions just to get my fix of those tid-bits in. Im somewhat disappointed i cant drag all my hard work into this new version but i can understand why SE did it. Startin fresh is a bit nice though i jsut hope they dont pull the xp bit out or compensate in some other way.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 07:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Moved here :) Was posted in wrong thread.

Yakutatazu said:
I miss the 'new' factor as well. When WotG came out I felt a little bit of that as I traveled from Batallia Downs (S) to East Ran. (S) w/o a map of Vunkler (S) or online maps. This game was so much better back in 04 before the NA PS2 launch, it's a total mind-numb now. I'm very excited for sometime entirely new, no more lackluster Vandiel.

I'd like more customization in FFXIV. I want to build a character that actually specializes in only 1 thing, I'm tired of 1 job being able to do almost everything (BLM for example).

I'd like a large pvp system. Not so much like WoW with 2 factions though. FFXI would have been awesome if the 3 nations actually battled for areas, and not ballista type crap either. Mass players from opposing sides battling w/o being able to use cheap tatics to win.

I want a time mage, or an alchemist.

I'd also like meds much more accessible. Meds are way too expensive in FFXI imo, remedies should be like 100g. I have no idea why SE made medications so much of a pain to attain in XI.

I'd like skill to be a part of the game too. I want PLD to actually have to time their blocks, not just hope for a random number generator to proc it. Same would go for parries or guards. FFXI's only 'real' skill is in coordination and timing of macros. It's way too automated.

I agree with #2 a player based economy is fail. We are too greedy, and RMT flourish in it. Make FFXIV's economy more like a regular FF game than FFXI. Crafting could still exist, but there would be trade for items instead of gil. I guess kind of like how Diabolo's economy was, SSJs as currency anyone? Ok that is fail too, but a definite change in economic powers is needed. The players need less control.

I'd like the ability to align with the beastmen if possible. Many times have I wanted to be on the side of an orc or yagudo instead of some RMT or jackasses. That leads to alternate story lines, and I think that would be awesome, but I also know they would never do that lol.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-06-10 07:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It better have puppetmaster. D:
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-06-10 07:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, just posted this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=3496

If you already made a suggestion repost in new topic.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 08:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good Scragg, I'll start splitting some of mine up now.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 08:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, it's a good idea. Nothing I've thought of so far warrants any real attention imo, so I'm just gonna keep talking *** in here :D
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting my post from the 4th.

Tbest said:
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 11:38:16

So, another interview on IGN:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/991/991483p1.html

My thoughts on the growth system:

Perhaps the system will be like the 'sphere grid' in FFX. Where you upgraded your character with points like that.

And with the weapons... Perhaps the more you wield one type of weapon, the more proficient you become with that type.
Then, each weapon may require a prerequisite level of proficiency to equip it. It could also be that the more proficient you become with one weapon, the less proficient you become with other types of weapons.

Which would lead to more specialized characters and the need for more than one character, similar to WoW/PWI/etc.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind the system being quest/event based where you get rewards not only in equipment, but in 'points' that could then be spent to improve your character.

Not really 'experience points' and linear growth, but a free-form system that allows more customization to the player.

While the new system that I've described in my previous post 'may' lend itself to the player needing more than one character... I sure hope it doesn't come down to that tbh.

But.. Perhaps proficiency will be limited by jobs. For example, if there are Polearms, Swords, Staves, Daggers, H2H, and Clubs in FFXIV. You'd be able to skill-up any weapon that your job is able to wield on that job, but... The skills acquired on it would be locked to that job.
If you switched from say Warrior to Monk (using FFXI jobs as an example) and had already become proficient in H2H on Warrior, you'd need to become proficient again on Monk.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 09:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What if the weapon types ARE the jobs, so each job only has one weapon they can use?

PLD = sword
WAR = GAXE
WHM = club
BLM = staff
SMN = pole
MNK = h2h
THF = dagger
RDM = rapier
DRK = Scythe
BST = Axe
BRD = Knife
RNG = Bow
SAM = GK
NIN = Katana
DRG = Polearm
BLU = Scimitar
DNC = Sai
PUP = Whip
COR = Gun
SCH = Wand

I had to invent a whip and we no longer have great swords, but that's going off the jobs that are in FFXI.
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-10 09:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like everyone to not look the same >_<

In FFXI, everyone tries to go for the same gear and then everyone looks identical >_<

Even if we could customize an idel pose would help, or the way we walk/run.

New races in the future would be nice. Might genrate more income, cuz ppl would want to play the new race.
[+]
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-10 10:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ability to acutally swim in the water!
Then have an underwater town/area/dungeon.

Freind said

A staff is magical and a pole is stronger lol.

Me: Polearm splits into categories, lance, spear and trident?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 10:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe he's saying a staff is more like Elemental Staves, Elm Staff, Chanter's Staff, etc. A pole is more like an Oak Pole, Thyrsusstab, Steel-Splitter, etc.

And a Polearm is obviously the Dragoon weapon of choice. Though... There's Spears and Lances in that category.

Edit: What Bruser said. lol

And yeah, it would be nice to swim/jump/fly.

Also... There should be a limit to the underwater time. I'd say a breath gauge, that when it runs out it, you start losing hp like being poisoned.
Or... Mages could cast a spell similar to the barrier in the trailer to give you more breath, or perhaps a spell that consumes your MP instead of HP when you run out of breath.

Would also be cool to be able to fight while swimming/flying too.

Anarkissed said:
Lame that they announced there will be no "Experience points."

If character advancement is how i picture it based on the way they worded things, I'm gonna be sticking with 11. From my understanding, your character doesn't advance at all in "levels" but instead increases in their ability to use a specific type of weapon. This leads them to using stronger weapons in that class, meaning that character advancement is based solely and entirely off the gear they're capable of wearing. I'm drawing this conclusion from the fact they said that your characters advancement is reliant on weapons. This is merely my speculation on what they may do...

Lets just hope it's not like that. I want experience points!
Pt'ing for me was the only thing in the game that i truly enjoyed. Everyone who knows me knows that much... All my merits are maxed out completely, aside from DNC. Quit it cuz noone invites a dnc :P

Tbh... I'm very much looking forward to the new system. I can't stand grinding xp in FFXI or PWI. I'm sure you'll have to kill lots of mobs.... But spending hour after hour killing mobs over and over... Not fun imo.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

And yeah, it would be nice to swim/jump/fly.

Also... There should be a limit to the underwater time. I'd say a breath gauge, that when it runs out it, you start losing hp like being poisoned.
Or... Mages could cast a spell similar to the barrier in the trailer to give you more breath, or perhaps a spell that consumes your MP instead of HP when you run out of breath.

Would also be cool to be able to fight while swimming/flying too.

I dont see this working already. What if one of the zones was far underwater or a long swim? A galka monk would swim like a fish while taru blms struggle with the doggy paddle
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, obviously you'd have to make zones accessible by all jobs/races. If tarus swam slower, you'd have to either make the distance shorter or... They'd just have to take an item with them to endure the long trip.

For example, in PWI all races/jobs could reach all areas after a certain level.
One race got better swimming skills, a couple could run faster from lower levels, and a couple more could fly from lvl 1.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 11:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they could do that by the way they run in ffxi currently now, if you ever played a galka they look like slow pokes running and taru look like they are fast but they both move exact speed.

So it would be same for swimming.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and if they did allow swimming, I'm sure that all characters would have the same speed, with different animations to each.

But.... Slight differences (other than a few points in each stat) to each race would make the game better imo.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 12:06:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

All I really want is:

HD Mithra boobs
More in depth detail and utilization for the job system
Less NMs that spawn once a week and have a 1% drop rate or something of the like.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 12:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
All I really want is:

HD Mithra boobs
Less NMs that spawn once a week and have a 1% drop rate or something of the like.

Wow... And here I thought you were 'more' mature than Ludoggy.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 12:10:44

What's wrong with being honest? /shrug
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
All I really want is:

HD Mithra boobs

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't mithra... furry? Fuzzy HD boobs... [no thanks]
How about the elvaan females get a rack to match their over-adequate caboose?
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 12:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with honesty.

HD Mithra Breasts are about the last thing I'm looking for from FFXIV though.
RL breasts > HD breasts.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 12:13:30

That's a dead horse that's been beaten over and over again. Until I see something (such as texture details within the game itself) to make me believe otherwise, as far as I can tell it's just a catgirl with skin and a tail.

On that note: RL breasts are > HD breasts, but that'd be a completely different topic now wouldn't it?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11