What Do You Want In FFXIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What do you want in FFXIV?
What do you want in FFXIV?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-06-23 00:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Thunderz said:
yeah i'd like that compared to the crap coffer/chest/Quest/BAH crawler nest quest /emo

they have going now

Yeah, that ***always pissed me off. Such a pain in the balls, you gotta kill ***for the key (God Forbid you're not a THF or have one with you) then you get to search all over for the effing coffer...

And then the map is potentially a piece of crap anyways, like this garbage:

User submitted image

What a pile of ***LOL

it literally does look like a pile of ***XD
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-23 01:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

what's wrong with the beauc map? It's one of the few maps that I actually need on occasion to let me know where I am.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-06-23 02:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

beauc imo is 1 of the best maps... the jungle maps are almost useless imo though.

Edit**

I want time stamp on any system is comes out on fo realz. i like that feature.

Also Sensor as a JA or spell or on a piece of equip for mob HP weakness etc. maybe shows what it drops and % stuff like that
 Ramuh.Arnomoritz
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Arnomoritz 2009-06-23 02:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I just wanted to point out about the suggested barter system if it hasn't been pointed out already
sure this may mean that RMT can't sell gil anymore but RMT will still effect the game
they will probably be able to sell some sort of a Power Leveling service or they can do like Diablo II RMT did and sell the rare items or item sets or w/e

there is no real way for them to put an end to RMT unless they could coax china into passing a law against it
most of the RMT are chinese companies and being that it is a communist nation if they violated any law china passed they would end up machine gunned by their police so they wouldn't dare continue to sell gil

this may seem unrealistic but really they could make it happen SE and Blizzard are multi billion dollar companies not to mention all the other big companies with MMORPGs
they could have a lot of influence on this sort of thing if they really fought it hard enough

and personally I prefer the FF economic system an intelligent person can easily come up with a way to make money
in FFXI even if it's not a huge amount
and taking away the AH would be terrible, anybody who has ever bazaar hunted (whatever part of jueno your server's merchants line up) finding something specific blows because it takes a lot of time to search everything and then you come up empty and have to come back and do it again later
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-23 02:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i woulndnt mind a in game wifey ><
 Midgardsormr.Argento
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-23 18:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Arnomoritz said:

there is no real way for them to put an end to RMT unless they could coax china into passing a law against it

Get gilbuyers to stop buying gil! :D

It could happen...right...?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-23 18:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lingerie for Mithra!
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-23 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope to see no BG in FFXIV~ At least no BG of today ... all that emo ***is worse than youtube these days.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-23 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BG gonna be there maybe not BG! but something similar

always gonna have emo and E~peen hobos
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-23 23:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

/
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-23 23:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my Epeen... when I can find it.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-23 23:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean your e-gut is so big that you can't find your e-peen? How is it even possible to get e-fat?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-23 23:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When you sit in your mog house all day munching on E-chips
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-23 23:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

chips come in E flavour!? Why did no-one tell me!?
 Midgardsormr.Argento
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-24 00:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
chips come in E flavour!? Why did no-one tell me!?

How else would we hoarde them to ourselves!?
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-24 00:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cohan said:
i woulndnt mind a in game wifey ><

You can get married in FFXI. O.o you don't have to wait til XIV for that. Unless you mean an npc wife, in which case you can pretend to be engaged to your adventuring fellow or whatever.
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-30 11:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabinblitz said:
I'd like to see SE strike a good balance between earning good items and having random drops. e.g. I can't bring myself to camp leaping lizzy because I could spend hours/days trying to claim then get nothing. Perhaps everytime I killed leaping lizzy I'd get some points and eventually be guaranteed the drop. I'm not sugesting this for everything, but some kind of balance between random and earned.

AGREED! So glad you brought this up Sabin. I had a similar thought. It sucks taking all that time and getting nothing. Gave up on camping Spine Spippi for that stupid cape as I'm 0/20. REALLY? WTF!?
I don't remember exactly what my thoughts were has to how to achieve this idea but like your point system idea.
Even if your helping someone else get an item, you should get some type of points too, almost like how End Game LSs do their points for events and stuff I think would work well.

Now don't make the point system to advanced. In other words, if your level 1, your point stats would be lower per run then lets say a 10-20. Especially if the item is not in the range to be used by that particular level. Also, if you are trying to use a job that is say a 43 to easily camp a NM drop were the dropped item is for level 6 and you can 1 shot the mob, make it more difficult to receive the points. This would make it more of a challenge. Maybe as an after thought, this MIGHT curb some of the RMTing going on as they can't just randomly get drops, they would ACTUALLY HAVE to earn it! If you implement certain restrictions for even solo users and make it more difficult to earn those "drop points" for PTs,...idk just a thought.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 21:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very similar to an idea I came up with earlier, where mobs with really rare drops would drop a certain number of special items. So say spiny spipi has a 10% drop rate, rather than just having a 10% chance to get the cape, you'd be guaranteed to get 1 cape fragment every time, when you get 10 fragments, they magically turn into a cape.

It's not a be all and end all solution, and would need some serious fine tuning for every mob, but I think it has potential to be used in addition to the current drop system, maybe just for certain drops of certain mobs (I was thinking king drops at the time). I think it would solve a lot of the 0/89 issues, but could still give you a chance to go 1/1 on some items.

An addendum to this idea that you just made me think of though, is to have these "fragments" based on how much exp the mob gives you. So if you have a greater chance getting drop as a lowbie than as a 75 beating on defenseless NM's. Would suck for those few items that come from low level NM's that are still useful at 75, but all they need to do to fix that is bring out better items that are just as easily achievable.
 Asura.Crewe
Server: Asura
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-06-30 21:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me my *** linkshell mates and I'll be fine. Or at least my duo buddy... That's all. And no asexual races.
And if this isn't being irrational no racey waceys that rhymey whymey in every chatty watty you havey wavey with them. That is all.
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-30 22:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Blazza

That would work too. I was talking about it when I got home from work saying, another way we could achieve or I should say SE could achieve this would be in "someways" similar to your NPC Fellow.

Example: When you talk to your NPC you know "approximately" where they stand as far as whether they just leveled, are half way there, or about to. So if you have been camping The Valkrum Emperor the last 5 nights in a row for 4 hours a night, you would at least have that "light at the end of the tunnel or glimmer of hope or other fancy saying_____(insert here)" to maybe think, "This is it, your mine tonight and that DAMN hairpin is MINE! MUHAHAHAHA" You know?

Also, how about where in certain zones like Sky - D Spot, when you kill the "place holder" the NM pops, you could apply that to other NMs Like Lizzie or the Emperor.

Example again: You have been busting your *** chasing lizards all over Gustaburg, for days, and you kill the place holder and some schmuck just happens to be running by when ...BAM! There's Lizzie. He's 75 BLM, nukes the hell out of it in 10 seconds or less and all you hear is /shout "WOOT YEA BOOTS!"....Then and only then would I love to have PvP and kill his ***.-.- So to counter act that, if it worked like Sky when you kill that last place holder, instant Lizzie pop right in front of your ***. Does a few things; makes you remember to be prepared for the fight by doing whatever it takes to make sure you kill her AND you worked hard for the chance so you deserve to get it. BUT, let's say, if they keep it sort of the same where the place holder dies and she pops around the corner and I have been hunting her all day and Blazza comes in randomly, IF he kills her she drops lizard skin. No matter WHAT "fragments" as Blazza put it or "points" as Sabin and I put it, he has, since he just showed up and he didn't really work hard to get her to pop, he gets just reg. item and walks away. This thought was based on like how campaign works were, the longer your there the more XP you get. Well sort of the same anyway.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-30 22:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eireamhon said:
I have been hunting her all day and Blazza comes in randomly, IF he kills her she drops lizard skin. No matter WHAT "fragments" as Blazza put it or "points" as Sabin and I put it, he has, since he just showed up and he didn't really work hard to get her to pop, he gets just reg. item and walks away.

Good coz Blaz is a jerk. :P
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 22:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, also if pvp was active, I'd be like, "oh, you were camping that? You wanted these boots? You can have DISSEVERMENT TO THE FACE instead." 'Cause I'm a jerk.

Another way around it would be that the game has a memory of how many times you've killed each NM and what the drops have been (this feeds back to the bestiary idea which I really like) and mean that if you've killed this sucker 9 times with no drop, you're guaranteed a drop next time. I don't know how that would work if you're duo-ing with someone who's currently 5/5, but whatever.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-30 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Yeah, also if pvp was active, I'd be like, "oh, you were camping that? You wanted these boots? You can have DISSEVERMENT TO THE FACE instead." 'Cause I'm a jerk.

*takes 50dmg*

/Charms Blazza

now fight for me minion!
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-30 22:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest thing I want in FFXIV: A solid release date. Not "2010" like XIII was "2008". ***, SE. Don't feed us false hope and knock it back. At the very least, mass player Beta Testing in 2010, work out your kinks and let us keep at least some of what we make in Beta. Like how 360 had Hydra server, then kept their ***when 360 Beta ended and they were deported to real servers.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-30 22:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider SE is currently looking for GM's and QA's - http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/jobs/
You can probably expect a beta out by 3rd to 4th quarter of this year.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 22:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a QA tester... last I checked he was working on my little pony game.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-08-24 09:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you want in FFXIV?

How about having ONLY 5 SERVERS!!
That why people don't have to spend 5 hours seeking for a party, or have to disband because one person had to leave. We also don't need 20 servers with only 1k of people on them at once.

Of course then they'd have to create Instances like EQ/WoW though so people don't have to fight over camps, which I hope they do anyways.

Haseyo said:
Kuji said:
i duno if this was said already but how bout Talking NPCs not walls of txt?

With the amount of missions, NPCs, CSs, etc...
That's a freaking lot of voices. Possible, but a huge effort.

It's possible though, when EQ2 came out it had a voice over for everything PLUS random voice 'call outs' from some NPCs as you passed by them.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-24 09:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love fewer servers, personally. It sucks as is that you can't freely jump between them (I think PSO had a feature like this?) and considering the FFXI playerbase and community is already established for 14 I'm not looking forward to trying to coordinate with friends on what server to pick. :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [88 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Atlas
Server: Phoenix
user: Atlas
By Phoenix.Atlas 2009-11-20 12:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping they keep the game in the fashion of FFXI. It's obvious it will be fairly different from it, but I really like their handling of HNM stuff. I couldn't live without hearing the latest HNM drama.

And my god, bring back normal spawning NMs! Give me back my Leaping Boots, you ***.
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-20 12:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

to get to pass over my ffxi doll over
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11