First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Yes but, the people actually playing the job aren't outside, or at a club, or sleeping, or having sex, or doing homework, or making money, etc.

I gained 13 levels fighting three Brulos today. It really does not take long to cap summoning magic. I also would not believe everyone botting their summoning skill up were simultaneously hanging out at a club whilst doing their sex homework and being paid to do it because they're *** then falling asleep when they're done.

I'm sorry, I guess I confused my own experiences with everyone else's.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I fall asleep too soon. :(
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I fall asleep too soon. :(

Keep practicing.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-26 21:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but, the people actually playing the job aren't outside, or at a club, or sleeping, or having sex, or doing homework, or making money, etc.

I gained 13 levels fighting three Brulos today. It really does not take long to cap summoning magic. I also would not believe everyone botting their summoning skill up were simultaneously hanging out at a club whilst doing their sex homework and being paid to do it because they're *** then falling asleep when they're done.
[+]ed for the use of the term 'sex homework'
 Sylph.Saikou
Server: Sylph
user: Saikou
By Sylph.Saikou 2012-11-30 02:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have time to sit in front of the PC screen all day, so there you have it! :P
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2012-11-30 02:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the moogle is in charge of the bad news and behemoth for the others, more like bad cop good cop
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-30 02:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it says a lot when skilling up Enhancing/Summoning/Healing/Etc is so *** boring that I would seriously rather sit around doing nothing than skill up. At least if I'm doing nothing I'm getting some mental rest.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-06 15:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

12-06-2012 01:19 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

While we will not be making daggers specifically for red mage, in the future when we increase the amount of weapons, we will be adding a variety of types that can be equipped by red mages. Though red mage is proficient in close range combat, they will not be receiving the same kind of daggers that can be wielded by thieves and dancers, who are the masters of this weapon.
Subscribe

12-06-2012 01:35 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

In order for your trusty automaton to determine enemies' resistances, it's not enough to just equip a scanner! Try using an ice maneuver after equipping a scanner.
Subscribe

12-06-2012 02:35 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Simply increasing movement speed or adding automatic flee would affect battle balance and content, so testing results might be a bit off. However, if the reason is that you'd like a way of accessing content faster to test, wouldn't it be even better to have a feature that would instantly warp you to the area or NPC you need to get to?

Overall, we would like to make improvements to the Test Server to create an environment that is easier to test in, so if you have any other suggestions please let us know (in addition to travel speeds and invulnerability, which we have jotted down!).
Subscribe

12-06-2012 02:47 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
Subscribe
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-06 15:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... Doesn't the dev team understand that it still COSTS you 300TP to overwrite the old one?
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-06 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Though red mage is proficient in close range combat
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-06 16:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually they don't provide their opinions unless they are talking casually with players.

95% of their material is translations of JP posts, and those come straight from developers.

They mess up a lot though, and that's why it's good to have Slycer translating posts on BG so we can get both sides of the story in case they decide to leave an important note out of the post.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-12-06 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

they will not be receiving the same kind of daggers that can be wielded by thieves and dancers, who are the masters of this weapon.

Why you no love dancer? We are the 'master' of daggers yo :/
Garuda's Dagger
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-12-06 17:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if it means rdm will be put on all daggers brd gets, I could live with that

Now when they say rdm is "proficient" in combat, well...
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2012-12-06 17:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy.

Rdm is good at surviving close range combat; it falls behind other melee jobs when it comes to, you know, killing things quickly and efficiently.

These concepts don't have to be mutually exclusive, but they are not the same.

SE continues to impress.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-12-06 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-06 17:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

When SE says proficient I think they mean "Skill is greater than C+," not what we are thinking proficient to mean.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-28 14:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

02-28-2013 01:21 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

In general, our goal with ammo is that "if it can be crafted, it can be placed in a quiver or pouch." We don't have plans to allow ammo that is not crafted (such as Dogbolts obtained via Scavenge) to be quivered.

However, if there is a specific type of ammo that is craftable that you feel we really need to put a priority on, please let us know!
Subscribe
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-28 15:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When SE says proficient I think they mean "Skill is greater than C+," not what we are thinking proficient to mean.

Can hit the target for some damage some if the time. At least rdm gets a decent ws and some gear to back it up finally.

Holy necro, why was this on the forum top
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-03-01 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
However, I find that getting to Norg is still a pain the ***.
you don't have a norg earring? it costs near the same to make as OP warping there the same amount of times -_-

Norg Earring, and thus easy access to Norg is actually one of the better things to have if your home point is set to your home nation.

It has AH and delivery box facilities.
Atmacite Refiner for easy voidwatch warp use. And waypoint for easy access to all the waypoints.
All within a few seconds run of each other too. Unlike where some of the NPC's are set in home towns.

And even if your synergy sucks (which mine doesn't as it happens :p) you could just make a Selbina or Mhaura earring instead. And use the waypoint there to get to Norg quickly. For the small additional fee of 30 er.. whatever that unit is that the waypoint bibbly bobs use..
You can make the Selbina/Mhaura earrings at 0 Synergy easily enough. You might fail a go or two. But they're doable on mules even.
 Leviathan.Tresami
Server: Leviathan
user: tresami
By Leviathan.Tresami 2013-03-01 15:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

>> Norg Waypoint. Check it. Yes please.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-04-19 14:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

04-16-2013 12:52 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Elaric.Carbuncle said: »
Dev Request for Stoneskin Adjustment

Stoneskin has not ramped with the level cap increase and needs to be adjusted. A cap to 600 not including gear is what I am shooting for.

Another option if they don't want to raise the cap is lower the casting time by half, reduce the recast time and extend the duration to 30-60 min. The whole reason we have it up is because we are squishy and need another layer of protection.

I am creating a dedicated thread on this in hopes of garnering the attention it needs but this has been mentioned in other threads with varying ideas on how to improve it. Bottom line is it needs to be adjusted.

It's definitely possible that we make upgrades to Stoneskin in the future, but we'd also like you to keep in mind that there is now a need to focus on defense stats to mitigate damage taken. Be sure to choose your equipment accordingly for when Stoneskin is up and we will continue looking into the upgrade and let you know if there are any updates.
Subscribe

Other news that I haven't posted from being gone:
By Drjones 2013-04-19 14:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Cap is fine. 24 levels of HP and damage makes no difference. Static values are totally fine. EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW GO HOME."

Good to see SE hasn't changed at all. Ever.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-04-19 15:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree Stoneskin does need a tweak in it's max potency that isn't gear dependant, I personally find the only time when I need Stoneskin is when I need to /heal and I have Sublimation ticking. Because of that, I'm not bothered at all in the slightest they aren't adjusting it ^^;...

If support mages are having issues staying alive, invest into a PDT / MDT set please! =D
[+]
 Bismarck.Boozerr
Server: Bismarck
user: Boozerr
By Bismarck.Boozerr 2013-04-19 16:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

completely off topic...but debatable:

remember the good old (but painful) days? camping NM's like Serket, KA, Argus etc...30 plus campers at Argus camp for 20+ hours only to have leech king pop instead.

The old timers know what Im talking about *wink

Well...those same NMs today are easily found walking around now...nobody even interested anymore...its a lack of respect of forgotten wars we fought back in the day. I think SE should bring some spice back into the oldies...all those drops that became rare/ex...like Trotter boots, Valis bow.. etc. SE should make those old trophies become synthesis materials or upgradable thru trials. Lets rekindle a smoldering flame. Bring back the classics!
By Buffyslyph 2013-04-19 16:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that was completely off topic, not debatable in any way.

Why would they bring back stupid stuff? I'd rather have the partially trained monkey working on new content.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-19 16:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Boozerr said: »
completely off topic...but debatable:

remember the good old (but painful) days? camping NM's like Serket, KA, Argus etc...30 plus campers at Argus camp for 20+ hours only to have leech king pop instead.

The old timers know what Im talking about *wink

Well...those same NMs today are easily found walking around now...nobody even interested anymore...its a lack of respect of forgotten wars we fought back in the day. I think SE should bring some spice back into the oldies...all those drops that became rare/ex...like Trotter boots, Valis bow.. etc. SE should make those old trophies become synthesis materials or upgradable thru trials. Lets rekindle a smoldering flame. Bring back the classics!

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and it sucked.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-19 17:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Go build a time machine and don't come to talk to us about this again until you're done.
By Kimble2013 2013-04-19 17:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, its part of FFXI's History and really, its what made the game what it was at the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-19 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why in God's name would you want to bring back wasting over 20 hours of your life on something that could potentially not even drop, or another thing could spawn instead? I have NEVER understood how people considered that fun.

Yes, it can be argued that all accomplishments in the game are "wastes of time" but at least you're actually playing the game, not standing in Shakhrami for 20 hours STRAIGHT doing nothing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7