Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad Scragg doesn't share how many threads a user has created >.>;

That would be a bit embarrassing :x
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-09 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Or you could try to do damage as well and have some dignity when you play the job.

Make no mistake, if I'm there on thf, I have one job to do, TREASURE HUNTER. I have never deluded myself in thinking THF was a DD, because even perfectly geared, its not.

"what jobs do you have, oh lets see WAR/SAM/DRK..."
"we need a DD, come THF"
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2012-11-09 18:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

it almost feels like SE is trying to send there players to other games. sorry. but i really don't have any motivation to play untill the new exp pack comes out
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-09 18:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Or you could try to do damage as well and have some dignity when you play the job.

Make no mistake, if I'm there on thf, I have one job to do, TREASURE HUNTER. I have never deluded myself in thinking THF was a DD, because even perfectly geared, its not.

"we need a DD, come THF"

Regardless, sub optimal performance is sub optimal. Just because you aren't wearing a greatsword and using resolution doesn't mean you should be slacking.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-09 18:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure she is well ahead of Kawar in both total threads created and quality threads. Hell 1 quality thread would have her in the lead.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-09 18:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Make no mistake, if I'm there on thf, I have one job to do, TREASURE HUNTER. I have never deluded myself in thinking THF was a DD, because even perfectly geared, its not. "what jobs do you have, oh lets see WAR/SAM/DRK..." "we need a DD, come THF"
Regardless, sub optimal performance is sub optimal. Just because you aren't wearing a greatsword and using resolution doesn't mean you should be slacking.

I never said I was slacking, I have a capped haste TH7 set, I fulltime whatever dagger I start with, if its THF knife, thats what I offhand the whole time. There's 2 ways to intelligently use thf, poke and kill, or ride SATA/Feint timers for TH procs, neither of those require changing my dagger or thinking I'm a DD.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-10 23:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
I guess we should be full timing Treasure Hunter gear now based upon his post.

Yeah! My thf gear swap Macro building laziness finally paid off!

I literally just got around to doing this yesterday ; ;. I'd been TP'ing in TH gear because if I'm on THF, someone wants TH.

.. It does not diminish the value of TH gear. People will get it or they won't. I met a mandau 95 thf who used nq armlets and thf's knife for his TH set.

How you can be dedicated enough for mandau but not dedicated enough to spend 250 or 350k on forgotten touches is beyond me.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-21 12:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

11-21-2012 06:03 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Storage of Alexandrite

Nagomu & NorthernSnow
couple of quoted posts about alexandrite asking to allow trading up to larger units

The purpose of the Cat's Eye was simply to avoid having to exchange an Mog Bonanza prize for nearly 300 inventory slots worth of alexandrite.

For alexandrite, the mechanism was designed with the premise that you would deliver the amount you've accumulated to the NPC each time. {{emphasized by the fact that the NPC is in Nashmau amirite?}}

We know that you may feel hesitant to trade your alexandrite to the NPC for fear that you might give up in the middle of collection, but when you are at this stage of creating a mythic weapon, you should already consider the risk of feeling that you might stop later, so we will leave the current situation as is.

Additionally, there were suggestions that we create units of 1, 100, and 10,000 like ancient currency. In the case of ancient currency, the aim of creating larger units was not to make it easier to maintain inventory, it was simply due to the exchange mechanism.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
By Drjones 2012-11-21 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus *** christ, what is wrong with them?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-21 12:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this team.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-21 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite part about the response is that they're implying that if they had a good enough work ethic to bother touching REM quests at all, they would actually make the relic bill gathering as annoying as alexandrite instead of the other way around.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-21 13:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We know that you may feel hesitant to trade your alexandrite to the NPC for fear that you might give up in the middle of collection, but when you are at this stage of creating a mythic weapon, you should already consider the risk of feeling that you might stop later, so we will leave the current situation as is.

My interpretation of this:

If you're hesitant about something... You should already be hesitant so *** you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
Server: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2012-11-21 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"we need a DD, come THF"

QFT.

On current topic, Alexandrite... Never even attempted a mythic, nor will I ever, but really dev team? We won't make it easier because *** you, is what I got from that.
 Phoenix.Tzol
Server: Phoenix
user: Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2012-11-25 22:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-26 09:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Regarding the Alexandrite: 'Stop being pussies and turn in your alex as you get it, or give us more money for an extra account+content IDs for mules to hold 30k alex because you have commitment issues'

Adding a stackable hundredpieces for alex would mostly benefit people that want to buy and resell for profit because it relieves inventory pressure. The current system is actually good for circulation+pushing price down+getting alex into the hands of people that are more likely to finish because you cant dbox/stack it to more than 99 per slot.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-11-26 11:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
11-09-2012 07:05 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator
Regarding Expansion of the Macro Palette {{I fudged parts of this a little where it got technical, but I think it captured the meaning behind the post.}} Regarding extending the number of rows in macros; this has not been implemented base on our policy because it cannot be supported by the Playstation 2 version. We've said this in other places, so I hope you can also refer to past posts, but this is in order to avoid adding mechanisms which can lead to botted actions, since you cannot execute many actions with one macro in the current state. We ask for your understanding in this situation. Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

This response is the biggest *** piece of *** I have ever read from the dev team.
While I know playing on PC is of course the "best" way to play this game im so used to xbox i just havnt ever left it.

"fears leading to botting actions" what planet is this team living on? Are they really trying to deny knowing about spellcast for pc players and people botting enhancing magic / smn magic skills ***any type of magic casting as it is?

Hell just wander outside jueno and watch that smn poppin out all the avatars over and over for skill ups.... but nah surely that isnt using a script of any kind and secretly they are not afk...

Also with the ability to fully gearswap every item you can equip and command the ws I believe this is pretty much as fully automated as it gets..... but since this isnt a feature they introduced and is a 3rd pt tool we'll just deny its existence shall we?

I would much rather they just say we don't want to do this because since we can't do it for ps2 we wont do it for xbox or something. rather than make up some *** and bull story made by the fairys of altana they saw while drinking from that awesome water cooler posted previously.

Anyway /rage off back to doin missions >.<
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-26 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
SE Regarding the Alexandrite: 'Stop being pussies and turn in your alex as you get it, or give us more money for an extra account+content IDs for mules to hold 30k alex because you have commitment issues'

Adding a stackable hundredpieces for alex would mostly benefit people that want to buy and resell for profit because it relieves inventory pressure. The current system is actually good for circulation+pushing price down+getting alex into the hands of people that are more likely to finish because you cant dbox/stack it to more than 99 per slot.
Sad thing is it has nothing to do with commitment issues at all. If you're farming all your alex, at an average of 100 per day (my average over 100 SS runs, factoring in Linen drops), will take 300 days, and LOT can happen in 300 days:
-you can give up; This may fall under commitment woes, but if you give up because something in RL factored into your ability to devote 2 hours a day to salvage (running time included), its not commitment
-you can change weapon because SE fks up the one/the job you're doing (if you change your weapon, anything you've turned in is lost)*
-you can quit the game, and would rather NOT waste 15k alex
-SE may smarten up and realize the 30k alex is *** absurd (oh damn look at me I'm whining right Ihina/Viciousss/Austar, idiots)
-who knows what else

At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with the system at all, but SE needing their 1-5$ a month from people creating alexandrite mules, and if dynamis currency was really about "exchange mechanism", they would have done a similar storage thing with the goblin. Total *** lol

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
"fears leading to botting actions" what planet is this team living on? Are they really trying to deny knowing about spellcast for pc players and people botting enhancing magic / smn magic skills ***any type of magic casting as it is?
Its pretty pathetic when people dont even bother trying to hide their skillup bots, live in port jeuno right infront of the MH.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-26 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Its pretty pathetic when people dont even bother trying to hide their skillup bots, live in port jeuno right infront of the MH.

Don't see why it's pathetic when there is essentially no risk of being caught.
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-11-26 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Don't see why it's pathetic when there is essentially no risk of being caught.
Not really. It's extremely obvious, and it's basically just a dare to anyone sitting in town with nothing to do to GM call on them. I don't care if people want to bot it, it's not my character or problem. Hearing spells go off every 2 seconds in Jeuno gets irritating though. At least walk outside the zone line like the other botters.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-26 20:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

2pm: someone casts barspell on themselves
10pm someone is STILL casting barspell on themselves, in the exact same spot, infront of the MH, in a time restriction that correlates exactly to their auto-refresh timing.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-26 20:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is that like muscle reflexes while you sleep or something?
By Avitori 2012-11-26 20:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Standing in front of a screen and pushing the same buttons over and over and over again to skill up is so much fun!

What was I thinking, having the bot do the work for me? Damn, i'm missing out!
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-26 20:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The things that people complain about these days, really.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why you can't store and subsequently retrieve currency or alex. We can store a bunch of eggs, wardrobes, christmas trees, snowmen for crying out loud: how hard is it to store coins or gemstones? My immersion is rather flacid over this.

Somebody needs to introduce the concept of banking to Vana'diel.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-11-26 21:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell just wander outside jueno and watch that smn poppin out all the avatars over and over for skill ups.... but nah surely that isnt using a script of any kind and secretly they are not afk...

Uh, I can't be the only one who levelled their magic skills without bots though, right?

To be honest, I just assumed people were just spending hours cycling spells because that's what I did. Perhaps I'm just ignorant of the world of bots in general.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel sorry for them... They are taking about 1000 times longer to cap their summoning magic than somebody actually playing the job would!
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

Feel sorry for them... They are taking about 1000 times longer to cap their summoning magic than somebody actually playing the job would!

Yes but, the people actually playing the job aren't outside, or at a club, or sleeping, or having sex, or doing homework, or making money, etc.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Yes but, the people actually playing the job aren't outside, or at a club, or sleeping, or having sex, or doing homework, or making money, etc.

I gained 13 levels fighting three Brulos today. It really does not take long to cap summoning magic. I also would not believe everyone botting their summoning skill up were simultaneously hanging out at a club whilst doing their sex homework and being paid to do it because they're *** then falling asleep when they're done.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-26 21:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Standing in front of a screen and pushing the same buttons over and over and over again to skill up is so much fun!

What was I thinking, having the bot do the work for me? Damn, i'm missing out!
Well the fact that SE is saying they wont adjust macros for the console users because "they fear automated" gameplay is pretty stupid, when people are already openly botting ***in town.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7