user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-13 17:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

09-12-2012 05:39 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello~

Thank you for the suggestion! We can certainly understand the functionality of this request but this is where we currently stand:

System wise, we can extend the range that chat logs receive information. The issue is that if we do widen that range, it will cause an increase in lag. We wouldn't want an unexpected decrease in frame rate especially during intense battles. We hope for your understanding.
Subscribe

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said:
The most obvious question then is why continue to add NM attacks that can hit for 40+ yalms?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-13 18:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythbusters!
[+]
By Heimdel 2012-09-13 18:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
09-12-2012 05:39 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello~

Thank you for the suggestion! We can certainly understand the functionality of this request but this is where we currently stand:

System wise, we can extend the range that chat logs receive information. The issue is that if we do widen that range, it will cause an increase in lag. We wouldn't want an unexpected decrease in frame rate especially during intense battles. We hope for your understanding.
Subscribe

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said:
The most obvious question then is why continue to add NM attacks that can hit for 40+ yalms?

The real answer is that we are afraid it will crash the game with the patchwork programing we did. The same way the AH originally did when we first tried to make it hold 8 items.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-05 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been gone for a week shopping for a new laptop and just decided to check up on any new news that I might have missed. To no surprise nothing really happened, but if you're interested in reading any of the posts here are all the 'no's given this week.

09-28-2012 07:24 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Good evening,

While the development stage for accessing storage items from other nations other than your home town might not be the most ambitious project on our list, it really depends on other tasks and milestones as well. We will be reviewing the timing for implementation but it's difficult to narrow down an exact date for completion. Rest assured however that it is on our minds and planned out. We're sorry for the delay and appreciate your understanding.
Subscribe

09-28-2012 08:17 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Bahamut.Oakozric said: »
I still love the sword, but it seems Excalibur and en"light" should go along together and no have to compete.. at least let me know if this is a bug or intention - thanks!

Greetings,

Correct, this is intentional. As some of you may already know, added effects from weapons cannot stack, thus unfortunately the added effect from Excalibur cannot be used in conjunction with Enlight.

Also, it is not possible to make it so the effect from Enlight activates when the added effect from Excalibur does not. Likewise, changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this.

With that said, we will be keeping priority on Enlight and would like players to choose which effect they want to use by removing the Enlight effect for the times they prefer having Excalibur's added effect.
Subscribe

10-02-2012 07:29 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings,

Moogle storage slips were originally created to store items that you may not use as frequently. This is because storing and retrieving items through this method is not as efficient as storing things in your mog safe, locker, sack, or satchel.

If we were to give relic equipment +2 that has not been augmented its own moogle slip, and we continued at the pace, we would eventually reach a point where storage slips themselves would begin to clutter a player's inventory. So we have to be very careful about the pace at which we implement storage slips to avoid creating so many slips that they become inventory hogs as well. With these thoughts in mind, we ultimately decided to limit it to upgraded pieces only.

As for the time it took to get a response, I know that we have touched on this many times, but please understand that we cannot always reply to every single topic. However, that doesn't mean we aren't paying attention. When we have a concrete response for you, rest assured we will deliver it as soon as we can.

Finally, please note that constantly bumping threads asking for updates and attacking the staff will not be tolerated. With that said, this thread will be closed.
Subscribe

10-03-2012 07:13 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

Whenever we plan out which gathering-type items should/should not be stackable we always need to consider how many items that a player could bring back home after one session. For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold. Therefore we need to consider all the effects this could have on the economy and be careful when considering such adjustments. With that in mind, we do not have plans to make these items stackable at this time.
Subscribe

10-03-2012 07:21 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings,

We understand that a some of the posters feel that raising your summoning skill feels slow while others feel that the rate is not too bad. We brought your feedback to the Development Team to receive some insight as to how they feel about this system's current state. The team informed us that the rate at which skills increase when using offensive blood pacts against enemies was set high to compensate for how often they can be used. Due to this, they aren't currently planning to make any changes to the rate of skill ups.
Subscribe

10-04-2012 05:16 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings,

We definitely understand the desire to have automatic ranged attacks and/or a toggle to switch it on and off. As the system is now, if we were to implement auto-ranged attacks, characters would be unable to use weapon skills or abilities during the ranged attack animation and the auto-ranged attack would interfere with the priority of the other abilities/WS. To address that issue would take a huge overhaul to the core system, so unfortunately it's not as simple as you might hope. However, we do understand there is a desire for an automatic ranged attack, and if it should change, we'll be sure to let you know.
Subscribe
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-10-05 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, sometimes I wonder why the Official Forums even exist if most of the time we just get "no no no no no"

and seriously, the Excalibur en-light issue is complete ***. I don't even own the weapon and I have a problem with that response.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-10-05 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, we're not doing anything. Still. Just keeping you updated.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-05 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
lol, sometimes I wonder why the Official Forums even exist if most of the time we just get "no no no no no"

and seriously, the Excalibur en-light issue is complete ***. I don't even own the weapon and I have a problem with that response.
It's just one of the many examples I feel that shows how poorly they built and treated their game over the years. How difficult is it really to add 20 to 30 in the damage formula.
By Artemicion 2012-10-05 14:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I found the development team's water cooler.

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-05 14:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell is my watercooler doing in their office? That's a patented design. Jerks.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-05 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks to me like it's one guy, they ask him, then change his response to "we" & "team" these look more like excuses from one dude whose too bogged down already.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-10-05 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes when I read these I get the feeling that they let Daniel Bryant of the WWE pen the replies... NO NO NO!
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-10-05 14:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Honestly, even though it's ***, enlight making the additional effect not trigger saved my sanity during trials.

Step 1: Get mob low enough for crappy KoR to kill it
Step 2: Excal's en effect kills mob
Step 3: Cry

That said, yes, it's ridiculous, since Enlight is actually a boost to damage on a job that really needs it. Also, I can't imagine how screwy their code is that this is a non-starter.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 11:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

11-09-2012 06:59 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Riftcinder/Riftdross Supply

Hello!

There is a difference in the market price because of a difference in demand. This isn't true just for riftcinder, you can say the same for any item. As the price and profitability of the item increases, it will be balanced by natural circulation and increased supply. On the other hand, if we increase the supply in accordance with the popularity of the event over time, it will throw off the balance. So, no changes are planned at this time.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

11-09-2012 07:05 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Expansion of the Macro Palette

{{I fudged parts of this a little where it got technical, but I think it captured the meaning behind the post.}}

Regarding extending the number of rows in macros; this has not been implemented base on our policy because it cannot be supported by the Playstation 2 version.

We've said this in other places, so I hope you can also refer to past posts, but this is in order to avoid adding mechanisms which can lead to botted actions, since you cannot execute many actions with one macro in the current state.

We ask for your understanding in this situation.

Subscribe
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-09 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No sorry, we don't give you our understanding. *stomps*
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 11:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

11-09-2012 07:06 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding High-Level Synthesis Materials

Hello and thanks for all of your feedback!

Since materials used in high level synthesis are rare, they can be very expensive. That said, it is intended to be that way since they are aimed at higher levels, but we are aware that this presents difficulty as far as raising synthesis skills at these high levels.

One of the factors causing this is the location of where the synthesis materials come from, such as high-end content like Legion, since the distribution of those items is dependent on the degree of participation in the content. While there was initially very low supply, as some time has passed since the introduction of the content, the situation has gradually eased up.

However, we are looking at the current number of skilled high level craftsmen, and, while it is hard to say yet whether there is a sufficient supply of synthesis materials since the situation is just now easing up, we will continue to watch the distribution of these materials and potentially expand the availability of some of these items.

Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 11:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

11-09-2012 07:11 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the Probability of Treasure Hunter Rising

Acerola
Bunch of questions about TH

(something something idk)

In the post at this time I'll answer with some brief comments. Since various things can change the conditions, it is difficult to provide a single answer.

There is an increased probability in the occurrence of TH level rising when the difference between the value of the player's TH and the value of the current TH level on the monster are further apart. Therefore, equipment that raises the TH level above the natural trait level will prove advantageous from the beginning of the battle or if the TH level has already risen.

There have been requests that THFs would like to switch equipment after giving the effect of Treasure Hunter. Since this would reduce the overall value of Treasure Hunter equipment by diminishing the benefit in raising the TH level, we will maintain the current situation.

Hopefully this answered your questions.

Subscribe
 Asura.Zizek
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-11-09 11:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We understand, but no.
We hope you understand.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-09 12:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, after reading some of these it really makes me think of how shitty SE can be. :/
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-09 12:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the com-rep(and devs) life would be soo much easyer if they would just write "No" alls those bla bla excuses for their no's.. lol..
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-09 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

THFs don't need any help in situations where TH is needed.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-09 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you really want TH you're beating it to death with as few buffs (excluding haste) as possible to limit damage and increase total hits. Not a big deal.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-11-09 12:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait so, full timing TH gear is actually a good thing? I'm not sure I read that right.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-09 12:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how I read it too.
By Latifah 2012-11-09 12:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting facts about TH
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-11-09 12:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As they reject so many ideas apparently and ive not registered on there if someone else cares enough could you ask them to merge the sea obis into one chatoyant obi as ive mentioned on here before after chatoyant staff was released. I wouldnt care if Yurim? wanted another 50 organs. Dont see what they could have against this idea.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vraelia
user: Vraelia
By Bismarck.Vraelia 2012-11-09 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: "We don't give a *** about your ideas or how you feel about your favorite classes. But, we love it when you waste your time giving out suggestions that will be entirely disregarded. Thank you for your understand that we don't give a ***about you or what you think."

...even when we pay money to play your game, you guys can't even care enough to actually do what the players want.

I know this is a long shot, but people are seriously going to stop giving out suggestions and ideas, if you keep denying things that we want. Or even worse, SE, quit FFXI altogether.

Learn to get your head out of your *** and start listening to your players, to the people that actually SPEND money.

It irritates the living hell out of me, that companies like this don't even listen to their costumers. And to think, 'Costumers are always right'.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-09 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vraelia said: »
SE: "We don't give a *** about your ideas or how you feel about your favorite classes. But, we love it when you waste your time giving out suggestions that will be entirely disregarded. We also love when you pay us monthly for just screwing with your gameplay when we could just leave it alone. Also, if we find that you're winning in any way, we'll ban your account and you'll have to start completely over. Thank you for your understand that we don't give a ***about you or what you think."

ftfy
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-09 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Winning in an MMO? Didn't you read the ToS?

Your own fault!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7