[dev1064] Job Adjustments: Weapon Skills
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 09:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardeniii said: »
Mmm...well--it will be interesting to see just how much of a nerf they put on each of these WS's.

Hopefully it doesn't just send two more emp WS's to the graveyard so that they can be replaced by a pair of WS's you can merit 5/5 in a single afternoon. Sadly, that's what I see coming though.

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
What's that noise?

Oh, it's people jumping of the MNK bandwagon like rats leaving a sinking ship.
Although I definitely agree there has been a bandwagon since abyssea came out, I do get a good chuckle out of the fact that the guy with a glamor shot of his pup as an avatar is naturally the first person to say anything negative about mnk. lol

Lol... a lot of relic ws sucked... people still got it for the effects and dmg base. There's more to weapons than the ws on it.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-12-21 09:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

bout time... everyone knew this was going to happen. Exploit something enough and it will be "adjusted"
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 09:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Well I doubt Ukko will fall behind anything else, but I can see Smite going down the sink already...

It's ok Seha, you don't have to worry about that. You are a corsair with a gun.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-12-21 09:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hey guys, we need to bring warrior back to the pack when it comes to damage."

"Hey I know, let's not only nerf the glavoid path, but the chloris path as well."

"But what about thfs and drks. Do we want to nerf them as well then?"

"In time my precious.....in time....."
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-21 09:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Lol... a lot of relic ws sucked... people still got it for the effects and dmg base. There's more to weapons than the ws on it.
Unless it's WoE path, amirite?
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Server: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 09:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

What about the guy sporting his 30th Erlking's GAxe with Barone Cosciales because none of his linkshells offered any assistance for him until Abyssea came out, and now everything he/they worked for is taking a ~15% damage nerf?
 Asura.Fuxi
Server: Asura
user: Fuxi
By Asura.Fuxi 2011-12-21 09:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. Time to retire monk and go play whm.
 Phoenix.Azaron
Server: Phoenix
user: Azaron2
By Phoenix.Azaron 2011-12-21 09:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I know where go all these mnk and wars with Emp nerf quit and go to disco! (sad about it) ;;

Fenrir.Mertz
user: Mertz
By Fenrir.Mertz 2011-12-21 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well really glad I did both relic and empy. Back to Spharai and Asuran I go! Too bad so sad. Life will go on and mnk will still do just fine even if they do "over nerf" one WS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-12-21 10:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the good news is that Bastion Mage NPCs will no longer cast area-effect elemental magic spells.

/sarcasm off
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-21 10:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As if Bastion didn't already suck enough?
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 10:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm shocked that there aren't nearly as many MNKs raging about this update compared to the WARs.
[+]
 Asura.Fuxi
user: Fuxi
By Asura.Fuxi 2011-12-21 10:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't this make Moonshade Earring with the TP bonus/attack the preferred earring now for WS? For VS at least. or go go 99 STR earring.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-12-21 10:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It already was.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-21 10:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback said: »
Imo, Ukko's Fury being more powerfull than others ws is legit, it's one of the, (if not the), hardest Empyrean weapon to make.

Following your logic, Rudra's Storm should be just as powerful as Ukko's Fury.

It most certainly isn't.

Moving on...
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-21 10:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
That said, I hope the adjustment isn't too great. A minor "nerf" would be sufficient. It would be a shame if S-E went overboard when correcting these WS.

When was the last time SE "adjusted" anything for "balance" and didn't go overboard?

It happens all the time. People just tend to remember the "big nerfs" more. Human nature.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-21 10:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm not being negative about MNK but rather about the people that abandoned other jobs to play something else just because it had an amazing weapon skill.
Counterstance and Impetus would like a word with you. Smite was a relatively small factor in the MNK bandwagon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It happens all the time. People just tend to remember the "big nerfs" more. Human nature.

Cite examples. Please. (I'm not trying to be snippy, I just think you're looking at the glass as a bit too half full.) I'm talking actual nerfs of jobs doing what they're intended to do. Not stopping red mages/bards from tanking, etc.

Edit: Also:
Quote:

Rudra's could use to be a bit stronger. Not a ton, because of the SATA angle, but a bit more of a boost so that it becomes the best ws for dancers outside of Abyssea would be appropriate, I think. Same thing for dragoon/dark knight and C.Torment/Quietus.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-21 10:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... Glad I did a Kannagi.
 Cerberus.Rafisback
Server: Cerberus
user: Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2011-12-21 10:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Imo, Ukko's Fury being more powerfull than others ws is legit, it's one of the, (if not the), hardest Empyrean weapon to make.

It most certainly isn't.

Moving on...

Well, I agree with you, they should definitly raise Rudra's dmg then... (that's why I didn't understand Twashtar maker, I mean, if you know it's gonna be a hard trial, might as well make the better weapon, damage talking ;) )
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-21 10:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

Cite examples. Please. (I'm not trying to be snippy, I just think you're looking at the glass as a bit too half full.) I'm talking actual nerfs of jobs doing what they're intended to do. Not stopping red mages/bards from tanking, etc.

A few examples come to mind.

At one point S-E increased enmity loss when Utsusemi absorbed an attack. People initially freaked, saying that S-E was trying to eliminate NIN tanks. It didn't turn out to be that bad, at all. I still see Ninjas tanking stuff in FFXI today.

Also, at one point S-E opted to make mobs despawn when they lose aggression outside of their spawn area. It was a measure to combat MPK'ing. At the time, BST's freaked out since they felt they'd be useless since they could no longer "pet swap" using the same mobs over and over again. Turns out people adapted, and BST is still a useful job. In fact, BST was definitely one of the most desired jobs for the Level 95 limit break quest battle that was just introduced.

There's more examples out there. Not every job adjustment that is initially hailed as a "nerf" by the community ends up panning out as badly as initially anticipated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 10:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The shadow enmity nerf wasn't a nerf. It was adjusting shadows to cause enmity loss much in the same way geting hit causes enmity loss. It wasn't really a nerf, it was changing something to reflect a standard enmity issue across the board. I applaud these changes.

At the time, the beastmaster nerf did cause problems for them. People didn't really "adapt," SE had to re-buff beastmaster in different ways with new gear and ability changes. (And some fairly massive pet changes.)

I realize all nerfs aren't as bad as initially thought. This might not be all that terrible in the end. But SE has a history of going overboard on adjustments.
[+]
 Asura.Floorboss
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2011-12-21 10:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Danthebk said: »
I'm shocked that there aren't nearly as many MNKs raging about this update compared to the WARs.

Iv given up on se and their dumb founded ways.
 Fenrir.Unaisis
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-12-21 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose Tanaka is trying to start up the Sam Bandwagon again lol
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-21 10:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk was the only job SE got right. Its balanced and works how it should. You cant break us.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-21 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/18604-DEV1064-Tachi-Shoha
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

What about the guy sporting his 30th Erlking's GAxe with Barone Cosciales because none of his linkshells offered any assistance for him until Abyssea came out, and now everything he/they worked for is taking a ~15% damage nerf?

OH GOD OOH NO EVERYTHING YOU WORKED HARD FOR IN LOLBYSSEA! .... On a serious note. Every piece of gear that people also worked hard for was shot out the window...what makes you special?
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »

It most certainly isn't.

Moving on...

Lol or redemption.... which also blows hard.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 11:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

OH GOD OOH NO EVERYTHING YOU WORKED HARD FOR IN LOLBYSSEA! .... On a serious note. Every piece of gear that people also worked hard for was shot out the window...what makes you special?

Not everyone, just WAR, MNK, and PUP. All jobs that you don't have. If you're referring to the gear from the 75 cap, well duh, we're 24 levels higher now, and it does suck for them, no question. But the difference between this and the level increase: this is regression rather than progression.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone, just WAR, MNK, and PUP. All jobs that you don't have. If you're referring to the gear from the 75 cap, well duh, we're 24 levels higher now, and it does suck for them, no question. But the difference between this and the level increase: this is regression rather than progression.

?? Sorry I fail to see what you are talking about? My rdm has something to say to you on that subject btw. ***brds were shitted on too, till vw but even still..