First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-21 14:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Ukko's Fury is still going to be a top-notch WS, people ...

crazy over-reactors.

Just because Ukko's won't absolutely blow away all the other WS anymore doesn't mean it won't be worthwhile or above-average anymore.

Wait until you see the results of the adjustments before freaking out, eh?

It just sucks every WAR update thus far has been a downer.

Also Minjo, Strawman Fallacy This/That, Tell me exactly how I am exaggerating here? You aren't being very clear yourself. All I've seen so far is an extended vocabulary nothing more.

I'm not including the people who buy an Empyrean, the percentage of people who pay for said services are slim compared to people who buy leech spots in cleaves.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 14:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said: »
Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
They need to balance blade: hi then as well.
What lol ? We call it blade: low. Or are you talking about abyssea damage again /sigh
No way man Blade Hi is fine.

Too many ninja's lol its not fine. Kannagi has to be 1 of the most obtained empy across all servers.
EDIT: Need to upgrade PLD and take a crap on ninja :P
By far the most obtained, but I don't see a need to gimp it.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-12-21 14:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
What lol ? We call it blade: low. Or are you talking about abyssea damage again /sigh
Too many ninja's lol its not fine. Kannagi has to be 1 of the most obtained empy across all servers. EDIT: Need to upgrade PLD and take a crap on ninja :P

I'm not going to say it's OP because it's not, But the fact you see abunch of ninjas running around like lunatics using blade: hi is pretty bad.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 14:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
I think people are over reacting at this moment. We dont know exactly how hard Ukko's crit will be.

Im in agreement with Blood rage, imo it should have -not- been touched, it was fine the way it was.

There was nothing wrong with Victory Smite. It was the first weaponskill that monk has been given that actually can put up competitive numbers.

However we dont know the impact they will do to said adjustments.

Its probably the fact that Tanaka is behind this that we all believe it will be worse than it should have been.

Ok, let me try to break this down so I understand you correctly. So war hitting near +100% crit dmg wasn't too much? (in regards to blood rage) With a crit WS, no less, that wasn't even 1 hit, it was 2. Yes toning it down wasn't such a bad idea.

2) Monk had A fury. That WS put up crazy numbers in Aby. You can't deny that. Also, impetus wasn't nerfed. Can't you still hit the crit cap or close to it with that?

3) Everybody claims Abyssea made the game "easy mode". Yet people still want WICKED powerful WS outside? like Ukko's and Smite being damn powerful outside too.

Voidwatch made many DDs equals more or less. The damage I'm whining about isn't in Abyssea. You can destroy things with a B in club skill spamming True Strike. Abyssea is overpowered I agree. My main complaint is Tanaka is trying to pigeon hole people again into X Best Job for say VW.

Impetus wasn't nerfed but I am honestly thinking it is next.

I can make an empy shell .. have them do it for me.. afk and still get it done... lol I fail to see your point
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-21 14:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So war hitting near +100% crit dmg wasn't too much? (in regards to blood rage) With a crit WS, no less, that wasn't even 1 hit, it was 2.
How does that hurt anyone else? You have access to RR and SS just like any other job does. You get the benefits from bloodrage just like any other job does. All war gets over you is its +10% crit damage on its feet, that you cant wear, but Im sure other jobs have other gear that give some boosts to close the gap(Loki says hi).

Quote:
2)Monk had A fury. That WS put up crazy numbers in Aby. You can't deny that. Also, impetus wasn't nerfed. Can't you still hit the crit cap or close to it with that?
A.Fury was horrible when it came out, it still continued to be only with impetus making it marginally better than what it was. Just because its good in Abyssea doesnt mean I should be happy. Drk using rampage in abyssea should already tell you why -ANY- crit ws in abyssea looks good. Monk needed a good ws, Asuran fist has carried monk since it came out. Every job has gotten tons of updates over monk. VS is a strong ws that monk needed. Is it going to hurt monk? I doubt it, but I cant see a reason it needed the adjustment. Its still going to be better than all the jobs it was better inside abyssea, and its still going to be on par with all the jobs outside.

Quote:
3) Everybody claims Abyssea made the game "easy mode". Yet people still want WICKED powerful WS outside? like Ukko's and Smite being damn powerful outside too.
So where does Shoha fit? Smite isnt powerful on its own, Ukko isnt powerful on its own, its the job's abilities that make it that powerful. Remove impetus and see how well smite does. Nerf war's .....oh wait, already did that, guess I better expect impetus next.

War's suppose to ws harder than almost all jobs, I think Drk should ws harder imo, due to how its suppose to function but thats just my thoughts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 14:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Also Minjo, Strawman Fallacy This/That, Tell me exactly how I am exaggerating here? You aren't being very clear yourself. All I've seen so far is an extended vocabulary nothing more.

I'm not including the people who buy an Empyrean, the percentage of people who pay for said services are slim compared to people who buy leech spots in cleaves.

I'm being perfectly clear. You're declaring one activity a matter of effort, and another a matter of.. nothing. Both can be bought, both can be completed in a group, both can be completed entirely on one's own personal faculties. The number of people paying for the service of one or the other does nothing to change the perimeters of your assertion. A truth is a truth whether one person agrees with it or one hundred.

The fact of the matter is that while one can reasonably assert that there is ranging difficulty in the two tasks, which has everything to do with one's resources, it's a blatant dishonesty to say that one requires effort and the other does not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2011-12-21 14:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agreed with you.
mnk still will be a great job even if they nerf not one but all the ws
the one who is a good monk will prevail those who not better get rdy to jump into another job simple-

btw im just giving my point of view im not a empi holder, and i have nothing against victory smite dmg i really i dont care im very happy with my final heaven, even if i can only pump heavens for 2.6k dmg outside abyssea or 4k inside, peace everyone
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 14:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many ninja's lol its not fine. Kannagi has to be 1 of the most obtained empy across all servers. EDIT: Need to upgrade PLD and take a crap on ninja :P

I'm not going to say it's OP because it's not, But the fact you see abunch of ninjas running around like lunatics using blade: hi is pretty bad.

Tell me how blade:Hi needs to be nerfed? What about the dmg of it is so over the top? What aspect of it's crit hit/r and crit/dmg% is over the top? When blade:shun is just underneath it? Ninja had blade:jin as it's best ws still till kannagi.. (if anything blade:metsu needs a buff up)
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-21 14:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Iinfierno said: »
Totally agreed with you. mnk still will be a great job even if they nerf not one but all the ws the one who is a good monk will prevail those who not better get rdy to jump into another job simple- btw im just giving my point of view im not a empi holder, and i have nothing against victory smite dmg i really i dont care im very happy with my final heaven, even if i can only pump heavens for 2.6k dmg outside abyssea or 4k inside, peace everyone
Should get Shijin to 5/5, it goes great with Spharai imo.
[+]
By Castoth 2011-12-21 17:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem I have is the new mindset of the dev team, not any specific nerf. I don't have a Relic/Mythic, so that 99 trial doesn't effect me. My main is BLM, not WAR or MNK. Yet I can see clear as day that Square is trying to desperately reverse course with this game and trying to make it more Skinner Box-y than FFXI was even during the old school days. For that reason, damn near my entire LS is thinking of quitting and not sending our $15/month or whatever to support this *** backwards gameplanning. There are a hell of a lot of MMOs out there compared to when this game originally came out (most I know are going to at least try Star Wars: The Old Republic, so might give it a shot) and if Square thinks this attitude and contempt towards its playerbase is going to keep people around, they are sadly mistaken.

And *** Tanaka. Go back to ruining FFXIV.
[+]
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-21 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Castoth said: »
The problem I have is the new mindset of the dev team, not any specific nerf. I don't have a Relic/Mythic, so that 99 trial doesn't effect me. My main is BLM, not WAR or MNK. Yet I can see clear as day that Square is trying to desperately reverse course with this game and trying to make it more Skinner Box-y than FFXI was even during the old school days. For that reason, damn near my entire LS is thinking of quitting and not sending our $15/month or whatever to support this *** backwards gameplanning. There are a hell of a lot of MMOs out there compared to when this game originally came out (most I know are going to at least try Star Wars: The Old Republic, so might give it a shot) and if Square thinks this attitude and contempt towards its playerbase is going to keep people around, they are sadly mistaken.

And *** Tanaka. Go back to ruining FFXIV.

Old FFXI was better anyway. The way it should be!
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-21 17:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback said: »
I just wanted to say, to all the ppl arguing that you can do an empy in one week:

It's only true if you have a linkshell or some very good and dedicated friends to help you.

I made my Ukon in 2 months, and even buying 20 Glavoid shells, I had to bluburn in taronghi so much time, alone, and very little time, I got friends logged and able to help me. What I want to say is: some ppl are making empys in one week or less, and some others took a lot more of time cause they didn't want (or they couldn't) join a ls.

Imo, Ukko's Fury being more powerfull than others ws is legit, it's one of the, (if not the), hardest Empyrean weapon to make.

I choose Ukonvasara, knowing it'll be hard and a long way to achieve (solo or kinda), but knowing too that it was very powerfull. Now SE is talking about balancing jobs, and nerfing like hell. I feel really disapointed, and I hope everyone can understand the feeling we (Ukon's war)have.

It seems unfair to make such hard and boring trials, to nerf those weapons, "balancing the game", when some Empyreans like Kanagi Masamune or Greatsword are easier to make, and have already quite high dmg ws. Talk about balancing ...

Raising other ws would have hurt a little for sure, but nerfing Ukko's is really lame >.<

P.S. I'm sorry if there is some syntax errors, I'm French, hope you can understand.

hold a min my french friend u forgetting Twashtar comes from same path as ukon and its not nearly as powerful as ukon.

i think its legit this nerf to ukon that ***is way to over powered and its way over due.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-21 18:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Only general consensus I see in this thread is this:

"Ukko's fury outdamages my WS, I'm glad it's being nerfed"
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-21 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not upset by Ukko's being nerfed. Personally, I'd like to see WAR stray from burst damage, glass-cannon nature, and go back to a focus on white damage. That won't happen though. It really does seem like SE is going back to improving SAM and only SAM again.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-21 18:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

not my post intended at all tbh.

i love ukon i wish i did that instead of this cake cutter tbh lol.

but being a full time thf i choose my path. alot of wars i know agree that it is over powered and should be lowered a bit. i fully agree lower it a tad but not a huge diff where it becomes useless tbh.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 18:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Twashtar and then tried to do a second (turns out you can only have one regardless of level), so I dumped my ~120 pre-farmed items into Ukon instead. Now I have both.

I think it's dumb to nerf Ukon. WAR is good at two events right now, Abyssea and Voidwatch. It is good at them because of its weapon selection, not specifically because it can do stupid amounts of damage with Ukon. The extra damage is really just a frill. By nerfing Ukon/Blood Rage, all they're doing is forcing us to draw a lot of Voidwatch fights out longer. Increasing the difficulty of voidwatch is the "Balance" they're shooting for with these nerfs.

If I was a betting man, I would bet the next round of nerfs will target Scherzo, Migawari, and Earthen Armor for exactly the same reason.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-12-21 18:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

it says "The TP critical hit rate bonus for the weapon skill Ukko’s Fury will be reduced"

which is a problem that sucks, but also they are completely removing the enhances crit hit damage from blood rage for everyone....

just sucks and is stupid
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 18:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wishing a dagger ws(or thf) to be as strong as a GA ws(war) is like wishing a handgun could do as much damage as a rocket launcher. So what if it comes from the same path. The weapon overall is still quite good and the WS doesn't suck.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-21 18:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The old Blood Rage will be missed. Always felt a little cool when I gave an overpowered AoE buff on WAR... like 45 seconds of having party-wide RR outside of Abyssea :/ This will undoubtedly hurt our spikes, but I don't think it hurts too too bad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 18:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wishing a dagger ws(or thf) to be as strong as a GA ws(war) is like wishing a handgun could do as much damage as a rocket launcher. So what if it comes from the same path. The weapon overall is still quite good and the WS doesn't suck.

Because the usefulness of Ukon rests solely on the usefulness of Ukko's, this is kind of a big deal for them. Imagine that at some point Upheaval becomes much better than Ukko's Fury. Ukons would suddenly be worthless compared to Bravura.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-21 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

by all means it doesnt suck at all but its not the best 1 hander either lol (unstacked) and ya i think there just trying to push alot of ***back cause everyone knows a war with ukon in VW can rape a good chunk of HP quick and tbh i like the quick fights atleast u can stack up on logs quicker then waiting 30 mins to just get logs!.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-21 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Because the usefulness of Ukon rests solely on the usefulness of Ukko's, this is kind of a big deal for them. Imagine that at some point Upheaval becomes much better than Ukko's Fury. Ukons would suddenly be worthless compared to Bravura.

Relics should had always been the best weapons in the 1st place.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-21 18:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i think thats SEs point making relics and mythics stronger then emps.

i aint hating on those emp owners who spend 1week to make a weapon (i didnt have that luck tbh) and i love my emps there fun as hell but remember relic and mythics were the main ultimate weapons back in the day i just think SE trying to bring that back.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-21 18:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

not my post intended at all tbh.

i love ukon i wish i did that instead of this cake cutter tbh lol.

but being a full time thf i choose my path. alot of wars i know agree that it is over powered and should be lowered a bit. i fully agree lower it a tad but not a huge diff where it becomes useless tbh.

Apologies, my post was not mainly directed at you.

But what is a War if not damage on demand? I feel asthough a reduction in Ukko's crit rate and The removal of the Critical damage bonus from Blood rage has crippled its capabilities in events where they do count is the point I want to bring across.

Not jumping to any conclusions yet, as it might not be as bad a nerf as exagerated, only time will tell at this stage.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-21 18:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It really already hurts bad enough to be 27 DMG behind a fully upgraded Bravura.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-21 18:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

shall we compare brav WS to ukkos lol come on now! :P
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-12-21 18:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
shall we compare brav WS to ukkos lol come on now! :P

relic ws have never been solely about uber ws dmg, empyreans have tho
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-21 19:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Minjo, why are you so utterly condescending in every "debate" you post about? Dang mate. Lighten up

There is no changing people.
By gametrader 2011-12-21 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing nobody has mentioned is the WoE weapons? guess if ya made one they pretty much useless? at least real emps are good weapons even with nerfed WS anybody stupid enough to make GA and H2H just got royally screwed. ie:me