Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis vs. Ochain
Aegis vs. Ochain
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-11 18:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mohit said: »
That's a pretty generic answer. You would pick the zone that has the most potential.
Thats because the zone/camp with the most potential could be taken at the time you have availability and thus forcing you to camp elsewhere.

My answer was not in detail because you provided zero information to work with.

Mohit said:
How many coins can you pull in average?
100-ish, probably 150-200 with 2-3 ppl for procs. I havent heard of what solos could pull in outside of 60-80ish I think

Mohit said:
What Camp/zone would be the most profitable?
Xarcabard or Valkrum dunes I heard was profittable. Sandy has treated me nicely camp at the mega pop, and pull in the ninja NM from time to time, think I heard someone made 300 with lucky 100s from the NM, Bastok imo is horrible, just due to the down time you might recieve getting some of the TEs if youre solo.

10k is the same for this server, can see some Tshells for 11k, and Os for 12-13k on occasion though, never really see bynes higher than 9-10k though
 Shiva.Mohit
Server: Shiva
user: Mohit
By Shiva.Mohit 2011-10-11 19:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 95 Aegis but this is interesting info none the less. I think its helpful to refer people to what is possible and no excuses for not getting it done. Faster than ever too!

17,500 coins @100 a day

35 weeks, (1 week short of 9 months) to get a relic without loan
29 weeks, (7 months plus 1 week) to get a relic with a loan

This is only going 5 days a week and getting an average of 100 coins.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-10-11 19:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get a lot more than 100 a run. My LS friends and I average 2-300 a run solo bst or Thf/Dnc.

And as it's been said 400 times, a serious Pld should have both shields, and it's ridiculously easy to farm currency now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-12 19:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I want both,hate to admit I don't have either yet. Sadly not everyone finds themselves a group of friends on this game that are THAT helpful so get stuff done so fast. Guess that's the curse of being an NA player. Personally, been working on Aegis for over 2 years. Before you guys judge that, I never got the chance to be a sponsor of dyna pre-updates. Also don't have as much playing time as some. And sometimes I need a break from it. But,back to the latest on this thread, How in the &*( do you solo thf/dnc and pull 150+, or hell 100+, I've never pulled more than 62. Sometimes mobs are stubborn to proc,and (ty for bully s/e) thf still kills kinda slow. Or are you talking fake solo i.e. dual with whm. cause I'm limited to true solo often.
 Fenrir.Demomo
Server: Fenrir
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2011-10-12 19:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre not pulling 300+ coins/run from bastok, you're doing something unbelievably wrong. That said, as this is the 4000th post of the subject, a koenig shield can win voidwatch.... Can we stop having these omg what shield is going to make the game easy enough for me discussions?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-10-12 19:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Started my aegis the last week in july and looks like it should be finished middle of november with a loan which is 4 months. Thats 50% solo runs 40% duo runs and 10% trio runs all dyna-xarc and some dyna-beau. So those complaining about the slight dreamland nerf from 1-2+ years to make a relic down to 4 months isnt bad.
[+]
By onionknightpld 2011-10-12 20:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Started my aegis the last week in july and looks like it should be finished middle of november with a loan which is 4 months. Thats 50% solo runs 40% duo runs and 10% trio runs all dyna-xarc and some dyna-beau. So those complaining about the slight dreamland nerf from 1-2+ years to make a relic down to 4 months isnt bad.
Lol
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-10-12 20:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

shush you ark! =P
By onionknightpld 2011-10-12 20:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
shush you ark! =P
I was j/k with you but congrats when you get it done going to be pimp i wish i had the time and patience to do it or ochain but all good.
By raistlinmaj 2011-10-13 22:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neo you must mean serious Paladins,who have serious linkshells too.
My linkshell says I have to wait in line to work the ochain path,behind at least 3 other people IF I win the next openings bid. Oh,and 0 people on the shell have finished the path. Pretty sad for the guy they have main tank virtually everything that might zomg wipe our ally,lol. And as for my aegis dreams,well I've been alone in it from the beginning. I know it's not necessary to have, but you all know as I do, if you ARE a PLD on this game, you feel like you "got to have it",lol.
Oh and seriously? thf/dnc solo xarc 100+/run? how? BST I can see,Duo or dual I can see but not solo.Or wait you're counting the like 2% 100 drop rate that you may have been lucky enough to see drop more than your fair share. Personally they never drop,ever. 0/over 100 nm kills.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-13 22:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have missed the part where you needed more than 2-3 characters to build an Ochain.
[+]
By raistlinmaj 2011-10-13 22:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly 1 guy alone can't do it and without ls support that's what I'm looking at. Unless I do win that bid that may open up sometime in a year or so...
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-13 22:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What good is a Brochain without your bros
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 22:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

raistlinmaj said: »
Exactly 1 guy alone can't do it and without ls support that's what I'm looking at.
I don't even think you read what he said.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-13 22:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly 1 guy alone can't do it and without ls support that's what I'm looking at.
Characters, not people. That said, I'm sorry you have no friends?
[+]
By raistlinmaj 2011-10-13 22:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On the game,like real running buddy type friends? Sadly,no.
By raistlinmaj 2011-10-13 22:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems most NA players don't operate that way,only always out for themselves and f--- everyone else. Bums me out sometimes. I want that kinda gig where theres a small circle of friends all looking out for each other,but doesn't seem in the cards.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-13 22:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems most NA players don't operate that way,only always out for themselves and f--- everyone else. Bums me out sometimes. I want that kinda gig where theres a small circle of friends all looking out for each other,but doesn't seem in the cards.
No, it's just the people you run with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Darkshade
By Fenrir.Darkshade 2011-10-14 04:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a 95 Aegis, and I have to say it's damn right amazing!

I block a high % of the time, i take litterally next to 0 on nearly all spells, either Shadow ring proc, AF3+2 proc'ing and me getting cured, or my +2 whm that cure 3's me before every spell (even when at max hp)

Meteor from KB hit's me for less then 200 EVERY time, without stoneskin, im not even sitting in capped -mdt, i use fully merited shell V, -45% on shield, -6% on ring and that's it. (Although i've just bought the rest of my -mdt set, and working on D ring 0/4 -.-

With regards to Ochain, it's an awesome shield, like 100% block rate, amazing for TP/normal hits from mob's, espcially when you have more then one on you. And the damage reduction is high.

Obviously its best to have both, but If i was to choose ONE over the other, i'd deffo go for Aegis, you still benefit from a high proc rate, but on the new VWNM's, when they put you in "Weakend" state, then cast a T3/T4 -ga spell straight after you've been put to "Weakend" my Aegis save's my ***.

I have a -50% PDT Setup, and a -95% (87.5% if this is true cap) setup to, it helps alot.

Obviously, Aegis is not as good against ochain on any mob/NM that don't cast magic, but its the other way round for if the mob does cast magic.

But yeah, if you want to be "PIMP! YAAA!" get both, but i like my Aegis, and I can't justify spending 170M or however much it cost me, on a macro in peice of equipment?!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-14 04:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

New VWNMs are all tankable by DD's, only use for PLD is to tank adds in Zilart.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-14 05:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mohit said: »
That's a pretty generic answer. You would pick the zone that has the most potential. Same with job and camp. Not like it's hard to level any ideal job and get basic abyssea gear to include emp weapon.

How many coins can you pull in average?
What Camp/zone would be the most profitable?

On our server, the coins all sell for around 10k 10k 10k

Most of my friends are farming in Bubu for relic and able to farm 390 coins trio. THF is a must have since it makes big difference(you must proc TH on every mob). Everyone /DNC for proc. DNC can proc fast with SJ locked, BST good at solo and proc TH. BLU destorys ***in there and has AoE spells. I also saw NIN a lot although I don't see a slight advantage NIN has over other evasion jobs like BLU/DNC/THF.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-10-14 08:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

So your linkshell doesnt take a pld to t3 Jeuno?
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-10-14 08:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

on subject ya both shields are very nice to have in general do i have pld lvled nope not yet do i have gear for it sure freaking do do i know how to play it yup!. so getting tha out the way before QQing starts on what i have to say.

ochain is a nasty shield amazing as the above post stated for the not so much casting NMs aegis (my personal fav) again insane vs magic casting mobs that u stand there laughing so hard u wonder if thats the best the mob can do.

to me a amazing pld has both and all kinds of sets to back him up.

a good pld is the ones i got in my ls that rape VW without either shield and hold there own can VW be alot easier with those shields YUP!.

thats why me and a few of the guys got together and said hey lets jack our guys out or what so were working right now on a katana shield and apoc relics. and a ochain we pretty much 3-4 manning a ochain got the plates and horns done now working on souls for 1 of our plds (god i hate em with a passion) the other is working on aegis first. like everyone says to each his own it aint hard to make friends and work together for what u want.

(and thats with me being the farthest completed relic atm working on stage 4 apoc) with shield and katana finishing stage 3s by next week the latest)
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-14 14:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gustavve said: »

No, I tanked them on PLD at first and found them more difficult than I do now, including some test server tanking. Ended up in a PUG for aa 7-man Voidwrought and a T3-Jeuno trying to get some bodies and co-tanked on MNK (Voidwrought was just MNKs). I know Ironguy tanks on WAR and a SAM or DRK could easily tank as well. None of those mobs present any sort of danger to a DD that they don't present to a PLD aside from Akvan constantly stunning you but he stuns through Ochain so again, nothing different.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-10-14 14:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gustavve said: »

No, I tanked them on PLD at first and found them more difficult than I do now, including some test server tanking. Ended up in a PUG for aa 7-man Voidwrought and a T3-Jeuno trying to get some bodies and co-tanked on MNK (Voidwrought was just MNKs). I know Ironguy tanks on WAR and a SAM or DRK could easily tank as well. None of those mobs present any sort of danger to a DD that they don't present to a PLD aside from Akvan constantly stunning you but he stuns through Ochain so again, nothing different.

There is no reason to even mentioning the first tier of voidwatch as they are a big joke at this point.

If you have a well geared paladin there really isn't a reason not to let him go pld if he wants to. It's a safety with the added bonus of extra cures, procs, and damage.

On the topic of ochain/aegis, as far as VW t3's go I haven't equiped my ochain in quite some time. We do t3's 4 days a week. Between sentinel/reprisal/palisade/fanatics physical damage is not really an issue.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-14 14:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess therein lies the problem, I'd rather tank on WAR/MNK/SAM lol.
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-14 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Darkshade said: »
and working on D ring 0/4 -.-

I'm going to go on a rampage of killing hookers if those are the odds we start making faces at. Then again, I'm likely going to start a rampage of killing hookers anyway. I miss 2004.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-31 11:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I also missing something else? People talk about it being ridiculously easy to make gil nowadays,while I have noticed it easier for me. It's still nothing but chump-change as compared to the enormous amount needed to buy currency for accelerating building relics.
I am aware of pay to leech FC exp parties, and cruor chaining. My problem is both of those things require a lot of hours of straight playing time, devoted to that one thing, that I usually don't have due to timing of LS events, and how many hours I have to play.
Is there something else I missed? (barring synergy, that still need tons of work)
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-31 11:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm t3 pops for hero's zones. Sell souls for 650k a pop, do a run through of each zone collecting popular pop item, those sell very fast.
La'thein for example, get the 3 gigas pop items, carabosses pop items right there you have over 100k in about 10min of work. Money is easy to make just have to not be lazy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8