Link | Quote | Reply

:)
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a reason to even go back to your main server anymore?... seriously though, the AH's are empty but im sure they will fill up... you can essentially do anything on the test server, plus you have unlimited merits, unlimited funds, and are 95... have access to weapons and gear galore to start too... idk, wat do you all think?
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-30 14:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its essentially a "private server" hosted by SE now, only not quite everything is available.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-08-30 14:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone wanna team up and do stupid stuff that you'd never do on real server? XD
I've always wanted to do this ever since crappy private server projectxi back in the day... but most people I know are still have issues with getting it running or don't qualify because they play on lolxbox360 :(

cross-server ffxiah ballista fun? XD

and you know.. maybe some testing of stuff too.. ;D
 Bismarck.Tekumi
user: Tekumi
By Bismarck.Tekumi 2011-08-30 14:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if NMs work the same on the test server? like pop NMs and lottery spawn ones?
 Shiva.Octorok
Server: Shiva
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Octorok 2011-08-30 14:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said: »
is there a reason to even go back to your main server anymore?... seriously though, the AH's are empty but im sure they will fill up... you can essentially do anything on the test server, plus you have unlimited merits, unlimited funds, and are 95... have access to weapons and gear galore to start too... idk, wat do you all think?
Considering the test server will probably only be up before big patches and they may wipe the data at any time and for each new patch... yes.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Its essentially a "private server" hosted by SE now, only not quite everything is available.
such as?
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-08-30 14:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tekumi said: »
Does anyone know if NMs work the same on the test server? like pop NMs and lottery spawn ones?

I popped a few random abyssea NMs this morning before I passed out, it worked fine, I brewed Lacovie with Wildfire just for luls
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-30 14:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

Limited to anything you can store with the Storage Slips (which is a lot of stuff, and you can get ALL of it from the GM Moogle), WOE +2 weapons, the LV89 job specific weapons, the +3 Stat Earrings, +7 Stat Rings, and AF3 accessories. Anything else has to be carried over with your character when its copied to the server.

This is plenty to play with of course :D
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember you don't get to keep any of that stuff if SE shuts off the server.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 14:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

Pretty sure everything is available... I even went into Limbus lol. The AH are functional. The only problem I foresee with people investing time into this, is the fact that there may be a wipe at any time to erase anything you may have gotten.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower work with this yet?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 14:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah someone made a post in the other thread.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
such as?

Pretty sure everything is available... I even went into Limbus lol. The AH are functional. The only problem I foresee with people investing time into this, is the fact that there may be a wipe at any time to erase anything you may have gotten.
the time it takes to setup your character, merits gear etc... i dotn see them doing a total wipe everytime there is an update... it would piss way to many people off
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 14:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah someone made a post in the other thread.

sweet
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 14:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

the time it takes to setup your character, merits gear etc... i dotn see them doing a total wipe everytime there is an update... it would piss way to many people off
Why would that matter to them? Why would you want to be handed everything?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

Have you ever been on an MMO test server before? They will wipe, and often.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
such as?

Why would that matter to them? Why would you want to be handed everything?
because .... I am reginald archibald cammameal the third esquire
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is just a test server, not meant for you to play on forever. So don't get used to it.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
such as?

im just wondering if they can do a wipe, minus any enhancements you have done to your character itself
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 14:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should just count yourself lucky they let you try stuff out without actually having to do the work to get it.

Geez.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-30 14:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

im just wondering if they can do a wipe, minus any enhancements you have done to your character itself

They probably could yeah, but I wouldn't count on it.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 14:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

such as?

They probably could yeah, but I wouldn't count on it.
yea agreed
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"I can do anything I want to on this server, but man, it's such a hassle to reset everything."
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 15:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
"I can do anything I want to on this server, but man, it's such a hassle to reset everything."
are you still talking?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-30 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

im not saying its a hassle.. just hoping they dont totally kill everything everytime they add new stuff into the mix
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-30 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I'm done now, srsly though, since none of the stuff you do on the test server gets transferred to your normal game, why bother spending all that time on it when it could be wiped without any notice?

I'd love to play with all the stuff I wouldn't try getting through normal gameplay. And as the trade-off is minimal compared to the reward... I think you'll just have to deal with it if that's the way they do it.
 Asura.Sandolphon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-30 15:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fun to play around with. Yes.

But its not meant to replace the game.

The whole point of playing FFXI is for the adventure, the journey, not the destination.

Don't get me wrong, I plan on hitting up that test server for a while, doing some things with gear I was never able to get.

But...honestly, how entertaining could this be? Maxed out characters with the best gear...you'd have nothing to do.

Thats just my two gil.
/toss
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13