Jobs Been Gimped?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs been gimped?
Jobs been gimped?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-10 00:36:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
As a lolDNC I completely relate >.<

omg loldnc!!! >< its soo gimp and uselezz o.o!

lol im kidding :P my dyna ls keeps doing that when someone comes dnc tho =/
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-10 00:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
my dyna ls keeps doing that when someone comes dnc tho =/

It's ok, we're used to it. At least everyone loves us in Campaign lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-10 00:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
O.oa *Wonders who Alyria is talking to.* And if you're talking to me... You obviously don't know my opinions on Pup, Pld, or Dnc. XD

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to ppl who think pup is such a joke job etc.
Just cause you have your opinions on pup doesnt mean they cant have what they had before, I have a ls mate who she loves pup and she solo sc's to break latent on weapons etc. so for pup to get *** in melee is shitty. the pld, dnc were examples anyways. everybody enjoys a job and if they nerfed your fav job, you would say something about it. SE *** up in alot of things and messing up jobs ppl enjoy is crappy.

Ppl have their opinions and ppl judge on jobs they dont play either or tried. You play the game to enjoy what you want to play.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 00:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Aly! -Ducks and covers-
You should have been on for that chat room. 'Twas fun.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-10 00:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 I had class but im home now and a bit bored lol, i got all the 3 pieces for 1st mission and....??? doesnt work...so now im in my mh
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 00:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww. It's 1 AM here so I'm about to go to sleep but nice to see you. Again.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-10 00:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

gnite ^^ its 2am here lol so I should go to bed. :P
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 01:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a good sleep, in advance then. :P <3
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 08:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
As a lolDNC I completely relate >.<

omg loldnc!!! >< its soo gimp and uselezz o.o!

lol im kidding :P my dyna ls keeps doing that when someone comes dnc tho =/

I dont see why DNC would be considered useless in endgame events, as they can heal/debuff the ***out of a mob/party simply by maintaining a good amount of TP. The only thing I can think of is that they are A)Not gaining TP from the mobs, or B) Are getting killed by the mobs since they do melee damage and healing at the same time, plus dont have the option to stand on the sidelines, and thus get slammed with AoE.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-10 13:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard they gimped Puppetma...

Oh wait...
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 13:28:00

Wooooodum said:
I heard they released Puppetma...

Oh wait...

Nuuuuuuu ; ;
 Lakshmi.Chantal
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aprili
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, a lot of "good" PUPs (gear-wise and skill-wise) will admit that PUP is a gimp job.

It doesn't serve any specific purpose. And it can't multi-purpose as well as other jobs, like SCH.

I love PUPs, I think they're one of the coolest job ideas ever, I invite them to parties, I think the puppets are adorable :D but that doesn't make the job good. Sure it's useable but it just can't keep up in DD, and that's probably it's most useful attribute endgame.

Now if it could be fully controlled, that'd be something else. But until then, it's a gimp job. Think DRG pre-2h update... even the incredible DRGs back then would admit that it's simply not as good as other jobs. Saying otherwise is just being dumb, lol.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 13:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
You know, a lot of "good" PUPs (gear-wise and skill-wise) will admit that PUP is a gimp job.

It doesn't serve any specific purpose. And it can't multi-purpose as well as other jobs, like SCH.

I love PUPs, I think they're one of the coolest job ideas ever, I invite them to parties, I think the puppets are adorable :D but that doesn't make the job good. Sure it's useable but it just can't keep up in DD, and that's probably it's most useful attribute endgame.

Now if it could be fully controlled, that'd be something else. But until then, it's a gimp job. Think DRG pre-2h update... even the incredible DRGs back then would admit that it's simply not as good as other jobs. Saying otherwise is just being dumb, lol.

Again someone who knows nothing speaking about something they know nothing about. Have you ever SEEN a PUP do something endgame? have you ever really payed attention to what they're doing in a pt? If not your opinion is invalid
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-10 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaji's right... a good PUP can easily parse very high in a party, if not top overall. Most people just don't take both the master and the auto into consideration.
(For anyone who was confused before, wrong thread >.>;)
[+]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 13:47:23

Chantal said:
I think the puppets are adorable :D but that doesn't make the job good.

The only reason they exsist.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-10 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go again with the "im right you're wrong"
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 13:50:03

Ludoggy said:

I'm dissappointed in you, Lud.
Almost 1k posts and this is actually bothering you? /shame.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 13:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

Well when you talk ***about a job, you're expected to have evidence to prove it, yet everyone so far lacks it. So until someone PROVES this, you'll just be wasting your time and making yourself look like an idiot.

See, when me an Haseyo were discussing how his COR with a RNG in the pt could give more acc/racc on a regular basis, we debated something called FACTS. Until you can present these, your opinion is (again) worthless. And oh btw, Haseyo was right and I was wrong, difference is he PROVED it to me.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-10 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When you can't take in someone opinion it's called "arrogrance"
and you said you had nothing to prove, Why are you still attacking people?
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 13:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Again someone who knows nothing speaking about something they know nothing about. Have you ever SEEN a PUP do something endgame? have you ever really payed attention to what they're doing in a pt? If not your opinion is invalid

Yes, fyi, I *HAVE* seen a PUP do something endgame. Yes, I *HAVE* payed attention to what they're doing. I'm guessing you're a PUP, right? Do you know how to work a parser? If you're coming out on top in a merit party, let alone in an endgame situation, your other DDs are afk/horribly geared/mentally challenged.

What have you done in endgame? Ever fought an HNM? Hell, ever done Sky? PUP has the cards stacked against them.

Also, ty for not reading my post at all. The point I was getting at is I like PUPs, and I do a lot of stuff with PUPs, in fact, some of my best friends are PUPs. Back before I left Kujata I had a friend who was PUP75 as well as some other DDs (WAR, SAM, NIN off the top of my head). 5/5 usukane, pretty much perfectly geared pre-AF/relic/AF+1/etc. She even said it sucked and didn't bring it to events, just thought it was a fun job.

Lrn2rd jesus christ. People like you aren't doing anything for PUP's image, in fact, it's dumb players like you that are the reason no one likes PUP.

EDIT: Oh sorry, didn't realize you're only a BRD. Guess you don't know anything about how DD works. My mistake.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 13:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

I'm not attacking anyone, when did i ever insult anyone? other than to say that you were making yourself look like an idiot? (which I wouldnt really consider an attack, as I havent called you an idiot, just saying that this stance with nothing but heresay makes it LOOK that way).

And for the record, facts > opinion, and has nothing to do with arrogance.

arrogance
One entry found.

Main Entry:
ar·ro·gance Listen to the pronunciation of arrogance
Pronunciation:
\ˈer-ə-gən(t)s, ˈa-rə-\
Function:
noun
Date:
14th century

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

The only making assumptions here is you, so in fact YOU are being arrogant about PUP as a job.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-10 14:01:35

Kajidourden said:
Ludoggy said:

Well when you talk ***about a job, you're expected to have evidence to prove it, yet everyone so far lacks it. So until someone PROVES this, you'll just be wasting your time and making yourself look like an idiot.

See, when me an Haseyo were discussing how his COR with a RNG in the pt could give more acc/racc on a regular basis, we debated something called FACTS. Until you can present these, your opinion is (again) worthless.

Can you tell me what a PUP can do in Dyna/Eijahar/Sky/etc. Im not dissing im just inquiring since I never seen one in Endgame.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
Kajidourden said:

Yes, fyi, I *HAVE* seen a PUP do something endgame. Yes, I *HAVE* payed attention to what they're doing. I'm guessing you're a PUP, right? Do you know how to work a parser? If you're coming out on top in a merit party, let alone in an endgame situation, your other DDs are afk/horribly geared/mentally challenged.

What have you done in endgame? Ever fought an HNM? Hell, ever done Sky? PUP has the cards stacked against them.

Also, ty for not reading my post at all. The point I was getting at is I like PUPs, and I do a lot of stuff with PUPs, in fact, some of my best friends are PUPs. Back before I left Kujata I had a friend who was PUP75 as well as some other DDs (WAR, SAM, NIN off the top of my head). 5/5 usukane, pretty much perfectly geared pre-AF/relic/AF+1/etc. She even said it sucked and didn't bring it to events, just thought it was a fun job.

Lrn2rd jesus christ. People like you aren't doing anything for PUP's image, in fact, it's dumb players like you that are the reason no one likes PUP.

EDIT: Oh sorry, didn't realize you're only a BRD. Guess you don't know anything about how DD works. My mistake.

Yes, I do know how to work a parser. And your friend had nice gear which btw dosent hardly matter because %90 of your damage comes from the automaton, not the master. And of course, because i only have 75BRD i couldnt possibly know anything about the most mindless PT role in the game... right?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They mostly do DD, usually the mage one, at least in Dyna/Sky. The Melee one can spam cannibal blade for OK damage on things like Kirin. They're a good addition to pet shells too o:

EDIT: Lol DD isn't "mindless." And, I know all the damage comes from the puppet. Was just trying to show that this person's pretty experienced.

FYI all that damage from the puppet still can't compare to a normal melee or magic DD (hello BLM, SCH, WAR, SAM, etc). Best PUP usage I've seen was a PUP/SCH doing nuking with his puppet and backup healing/buffing his party.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-10 14:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Ludoggy said:

I'm not attacking anyone, when did i ever insult anyone? other than to say that you were making yourself look like an idiot? (which I wouldnt really consider an attack, as I havent called you an idiot, just saying that this stance with nothing but heresay makes it LOOK that way).

And for the record, facts > opinion, and has nothing to do with arrogance.

arrogance
One entry found.

Main Entry:
ar·ro·gance Listen to the pronunciation of arrogance
Pronunciation:
\ˈer-ə-gən(t)s, ˈa-rə-\
Function:
noun
Date:
14th century

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

The only making assumptions here is you, so in fact YOU are being arrogant about PUP as a job.

That one is you.
No matter how you play the words you called someone an idiot. That's still an attack. and where are your facts since you are trying to boost pup?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Kajidourden said:
Ludoggy said:

See, when me an Haseyo were discussing how his COR with a RNG in the pt could give more acc/racc on a regular basis, we debated something called FACTS. Until you can present these, your opinion is (again) worthless.

Can you tell me what a PUP can do in Dyna/Eijahar/Sky/etc. Im not dissing im just inquiring since I never seen one in Endgame.

Mainly DD, since the WHM AI is still kinda broken (what with statuses being erased before healing -.- wtg SE) with the RNG, WAR, or even BLM frame. All depends on what attachments you have really, if you're lacking nuke attachments but have an abundance of attachments for RNG, then youd obviously go with the latter, having both means you can do either or.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 14:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest advantage to PUP is that they can hit all damage types pretty well. BLU does it better, and most jobs can hit at least 2, but PUP's awesome to have around for stuff like that one limbus where only one damage type works per monster.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 14:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
They mostly do DD, usually the mage one, at least in Dyna/Sky. The Melee one can spam cannibal blade for OK damage on things like Kirin. They're a good addition to pet shells too o:

EDIT: Lol DD isn't "mindless." And, I know all the damage comes from the puppet. Was just trying to show that this person's pretty experienced.

FYI all that damage from the puppet still can't compare to a normal melee or magic DD (hello BLM, SCH, WAR, SAM, etc). Best PUP usage I've seen was a PUP/SCH doing nuking with his puppet and backup healing/buffing his party.

I've merited with a few PUPs, and while their Howling Fist (guessing the didnt have the mythic WS) was nothing to be noted, their Automaton was doing comparable if not more damage than 2 of the 3 other DDs (about 1.2k per) in the pt, with the third being a WAR. Are they pulling of 3k+ crazy WS's? No, but are any of the others? no. Hell ive pted with a pimp *** relic DRK and even he was putting up 2kish (give or take a hundred), per mob.
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 14:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not looking at DPS though, you're looking at spike damage. It's called the "pretty number syndrome." WSing 3 times as often for 1/2 the amount will do more damage overall (hello, SAM). Also I know SAMs/WARs who average 1.8k WSs and DRGs who have done 3k+ drakesbanes more than once.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 14:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
You're not looking at DPS though, you're looking at spike damage. It's called the "pretty number syndrome." WSing 3 times as often for 1/2 the amount will do more damage overall (hello, SAM). Also I know SAMs/WARs who average 1.8k WSs and DRGs who have done 3k+ drakesbanes more than once.

If you want to look at DPS, then you have to add everything together, master and auto. I was specifically referring to the WS's because (like you said) that seems to be the gauge of a DD's ability. People look at either the automaton or the master by itself, but never add the two together, which is crucial. And like I said before ts hard to gauge a Puppetmaset based solely on their gear because you cant see the attachments, which are the most important part. Even having every attachment dosen't mean you're using the right combination thereof, which can gimp your damage.

Edit: Just so everyone knows... I realize that PUP is not a WAR, SAM, DRK, or DRG. All I'm saying is that they arent as "lol" as people seem to think. Its easy to see that PUP needs work (Combat cloth, etc), but it is far from useless.

Thought I'd add this though, just for S & G's, lolpup stance or not.
http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/puppet-master/74121-puppetmaster-parse.html
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8