Jobs Been Gimped?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs been gimped?
Jobs been gimped?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-09 07:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

even all that they have to jump through, any programmer thats not a COMPLETE moron knows whats being changed and whats not.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 07:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Krebons said:
even all that they have to jump through, any programmer thats not a COMPLETE moron knows whats being changed and whats not.

Totally agree, youd think SE would have picked this up when they applied it to the test server. When I update the serves where I work its always applied to test and checked for any side effects or errors. Starting to think SE just dont care anymore...
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-04-09 07:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news15831.shtml

SquareEnix said:
Since the implementation of the latest version update on Apr. 8, 2009, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Able to store augmented items with NPC that can store certain equipments
* When augmented items are returned, bonus attributes("augments") will be removed from them.

- Amount of damage done by Automaton's range attack has decreased.

- Amount of damage done by certain blue magic has decreased.

- Beastmaster's ability "Charm" is invalid against certain monsters.

- Effect of Scholar's ability "Accession" will not apply on following white magic.
Enfire/Enblizzard/Enaero/Enstone/Enthunder/Enwater

We apologize for any invonvenience they may be causing.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-09 07:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the last update where they doubled the delay of ranged attacks!
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-09 07:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

so they just decided they arent gonna let us know when they will fix it or even if they are working on it, nice SE nice.. im going ot bed
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-09 08:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

wow. as being someone who's jobs are rng, blu, and bst. i cant but feel rejected ><;
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-09 08:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:

SquareEnix said:
Since the implementation of the latest version update on Apr. 8, 2009, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

* When augmented items are returned, bonus attributes("augments") will be removed from them.

- Effect of Scholar's ability "Accession" will not apply on following white magic.

Krebons said:
so they just decided they arent gonna let us know when they will fix it or even if they are working on it, nice SE nice.. im going ot bed
Square Enix said:
Investigation and recovery work is currently underway
Sorry to sound harsh, but don't you read? Or do you just enjoy complaining?
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-04-09 08:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phatstackodax said:
wow. as being someone who's jobs are rng, blu, and bst. i cant but feel rejected ><;
Heehee^^ it's almost like they aimed it at you personally :o Did you sleep with the head of SE's girlfriend or something? <,< lol
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 08:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Phatstackodax said:
Heehee^^ it's almost like they aimed it at you personally :o Did you sleep with the head of SE's girlfriend or something? <,< lol

Whoops...
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-04-09 08:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:

SquareEnix said:

Add another (Just talked a GM about it) Sublimation: Charge effect is lost upon entering mog house.

meh! always happens with big updates
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-09 08:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

>< i knew she was gonna cause me trouble somewhere >.>
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-09 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What annoys me is some doofus has already posted a tag at the bottom of ffxiclopedia stating "Accession no longer works with En-spells as of 4-8-2009 update." Do these people even read that it's error that SE is correcting?

Furthermore, do people even research their info before posting in wiki, or do they know all and see all and write something just because it's OMGwiki?

/rant off
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 08:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Emergency maintenance today, 10:00-13:00 PST. Do we really have to do this every single time an update comes out? -.- Oh well, at least it's getting fixed.
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-09 08:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Emergency maintenance today, 10:00-13:00 PST. Do we really have to do this every single time an update comes out? -.- Oh well, at least it's getting fixed.

Thank gawd!
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-09 09:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:

SquareEnix said:

um... was there not a problem with RNG?
 Pandemonium.Mattr
Server: Pandemonium
user: mattr
By Pandemonium.Mattr 2009-04-09 09:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

is everyone here just ignorant to the fact when there is that much code in an application, things will break by accident. furthermore, in testing its unlikely you will test everything in the game, when something is this huge, especially when its something that you would not think would change.
The developers work on creating rdm enspell II so you would automatically check sch aoe enspells >.>. That is probably what happened when they were adding it in, but not you or I knows what the code looks like, but i do know when creating an app with a huge size strange things go wrong, thats just programming.
 Titan.Styxriver
Server: Titan
user: StyxRiver
By Titan.Styxriver 2009-04-09 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got 2 phrases.

Unit Tests. Regression testing.

Any programmer knows what those are, it prevents you from breaking ***that was working fine before.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 09:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattr said:
is everyone here just ignorant to the fact when there is that much code in an application, things will break by accident. furthermore, in testing its unlikely you will test everything in the game, when something is this huge, especially when its something that you would not think would change.
The developers work on creating rdm enspell II so you would automatically check sch aoe enspells >.>. That is probably what happened when they were adding it in, but not you or I knows what the code looks like, but i do know when creating an app with a huge size strange things go wrong, thats just programming.

Problem is, that is the *only* one of these errors I can understand. Given that they added in the Tier II Enspells, there would have been code changes around the Tier I spells, one of which might have affected Accession-Enspell. Actually, reading it again I can understand the Storage NPC problem as well since it deals with Augments. The rest of it, however... BST and PUP were not altered in any way except for these bugs, as far as we know. Why was Blue Magic Affected? Errors happen, but these three in particular make no sense.
EDIT: Also, what Styxriver said. Debug your damn code, this many bugs and especially this many serious (and obvious with minimal playtesting on the relevant jobs) bugs should not be happening. Definitely not with this frequency, but better yet not at all.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-09 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well either way ppl needa just chill out and wait for them to fix it.... go finish the missions etc. while you wait.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 09:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
What annoys me is some doofus has already posted a tag at the bottom of ffxiclopedia stating "Accession no longer works with En-spells as of 4-8-2009 update." Do these people even read that it's error that SE is correcting?

Furthermore, do people even research their info before posting in wiki, or do they know all and see all and write something just because it's OMGwiki?

/rant off

fixed that, thx for the note ^~^
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Well either way ppl needa just chill out and wait for them to fix it.... go finish the missions etc. while you wait.

i only say... no more quadavs in pashow, no orcs in jugner, no yagudos in meri... decided to log out since theres not even enough ppl on that want to merit atm -.-
 Cerberus.Shuhisiihi
By Cerberus.Shuhisiihi 2009-04-09 09:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

its horrible how all the beastmen are just wiped out....its so empty it takes hours to get an item that only should take 5 mins... >_>
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-09 09:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, there should be plenty around, does only the yagudos in the present drop the item? or can the yagudo etc. drop item in the past too?

meriph [s]
pashow [s]
jugner [s]

But either way they should pop fast anyways or just wait til the rush is over.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 09:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Magistrella said:

i only say... no more quadavs in pashow, no orcs in jugner, no yagudos in meri... decided to log out since theres not even enough ppl on that want to merit atm -.-

Too bad they didn't put this mission in the past, maybe the crystal war would have never happened because everyone was raping beastmen so much.

hahahaha yeah that would've been great XD then we wouldnt stumble through ruins the whole day *g*
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
I dunno, there should be plenty around, does only the yagudos in the present drop the item? or can the yagudo etc. drop item in the past too?

meriph [s]
pashow [s]
jugner [s]

But either way they should pop fast anyways or just wait til the rush is over.

only the ones in present drop it, only in the areas (god why the *** couldnt SE make that in strongholds? there are thousands of them) and the repop time is probably like 16 mins~ ><
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-09 09:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Hatheron said:

/rant off

^.^; Thanks!

Sorry for the harshness. At least it's an error that they are correcting.

/whine off >.<
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 09:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
Magistrella said:
Hatheron said:

/rant off

^.^; Thanks!

Sorry for the harshness. At least it's an error that they are correcting.

/whine off >.<

no harshness there, im sick of editing all those kiddies thoughts adding to pages, theories never been proven or no clarification notes added.... :/
 Cerberus.Shuhisiihi
By Cerberus.Shuhisiihi 2009-04-09 09:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wow just got my last one 3/3 took forever >_>......
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8