Jobs Been Gimped?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs been gimped?
Jobs been gimped?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

PUP ranged attack is fixed.

PUP melee is ***.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 16:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely they would have mentioned making adjustments to BST or Charm resistance though... Still, somebody check SCH >.>
EDIT: Please tell me you're joking Aledacia... I don't play PUP but that's ridiculous.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 16:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yarly, Enternius. Maybe they just 'fixed' them from what they were before because they were too easy to charm. And who actually uses Pup melee anyway?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 16:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like PUP needs a nerf of any kind though.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

PUP friend tested it. =/ Puppet keeps missing & hitting low DMG on EP.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 16:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Not like PUP needs a nerf of any kind though.

Ya rly, poor pups keep getting kicked in the balls lol
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 16:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... But seriously... When would you want to use your puppet to melee instead of /ra or nuke?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-09 16:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Pup and I know alot of people who enjoy playing pup. So to nerf a job ppl enjoy is ridiculous no matter what your opinions are on pup. I bet you all would be bitching if they nerfed pld or dnc, so let the ppl have the job they enjoy to be fixed.

SE always fuks up
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 16:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
I bet you all would be bitching if they nerfed pld or dnc, so let the ppl have the job they enjoy to be fixed.

*** yeah I'd be pissed. I love DNC.

And I give PUPs all the respect in the world. I wish they got more invites, the few times I've partied with PUP has been hella fun :)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa *Wonders who Alyria is talking to.* And if you're talking to me... You obviously don't know my opinions on Pup, Pld, or Dnc. XD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 16:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah... But seriously... When would you want to use your puppet to melee instead of /ra or nuke?

I don't know, I don't play PUP. If I want to solo, I'll pull out BLM, BLU, SMN, or even my DRG. I'm trying out DNC right now, there's a job I can solo with. Why am I going to level PUP, especially with this kind of stuff happening?
Tbest you're coming across very "I don't care" about the PUP thing, I think Alyria really was talking to you...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 16:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think so too. Which is why I responded to her. And no, I don't really care about them nerfing automaton melee damage because the two alternatives vastly surpass it even un-nerfed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 16:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, I think so too. Which is why I responded to her. And no, I don't really care about them nerfing automaton melee damage because the two alternatives vastly surpass it even un-nerfed.

Lol I guess it's not terribly significant then, but it still sucks.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 16:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but that's like crying over them nerfing Blm melee damage. You never, EVER melee with Blm, so why cry over it?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, but that's like crying over them nerfing Blm melee damage. You never, EVER melee with Blm, so why cry over it?

I wish you'd tell that to them...
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-04-09 17:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:
Not true a test server is there to check for all errors prior to any updates going live, all code should be compared to the original regardless of how long it would take.

If SE dont inspect all the code its just lazy and bad practice

So if you knew the updates were what they were, would you specifically look to make sure that RNG attacks were not affected? That BST's Charm was not either?

They may have a test server, but those 'glitches' are very arbitrary and not obvious.

I can understand being upset about it if WHM was messed up or RDM, and even then, test servers don't act the same way as a full server that's managing 2000+ accounts at one time.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 17:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
PUP ranged attack is fixed.

PUP melee is ***.

this is just great, now I have to piss more gil on attachments to make Drille hit harder. THANK YOU SE, FOR SCREWING MY PUP UP THE ***!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-09 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just whiffed Sidewinder, I think they nerfed Ranger weapon skills ><
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 20:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I just whiffed Sidewinder, I think they nerfed Ranger weapon skills ><

THey've already done that >O
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 22:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:
Scizor said:
Not true a test server is there to check for all errors prior to any updates going live, all code should be compared to the original regardless of how long it would take.

If SE dont inspect all the code its just lazy and bad practice

So if you knew the updates were what they were, would you specifically look to make sure that RNG attacks were not affected? That BST's Charm was not either?

They may have a test server, but those 'glitches' are very arbitrary and not obvious.

I can understand being upset about it if WHM was messed up or RDM, and even then, test servers don't act the same way as a full server that's managing 2000+ accounts at one time.

I dont work for SE i dont know what they plan to implement. If youd taken the time to read everything properly you would understand what I was refering too.

Any company that is in charge of a server has a program in place that is capable of scanning and finding any data mismatches, which is done by a side by side comparison checker.

And as for "'glitches' are very arbitrary and not obvious" as I stated above SE should have picked up on this on the test server.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 22:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"test servers don't act the same way as a full server that's managing 2000+ accounts at one time"

Actually they do, all the coding is preset by the programmers.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 22:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just on a final note, PUP is an excellent job that deserves more credit. Just because the majority of the player base doesnt understand how it works or where it fits in doesnt make it a "loljob".

If your looking for a job that will make you think and keep you on your toes I suggest PUP. Theres not a single job that will make you think more.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 22:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple post!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-09 22:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:
Just on a final note, PUP is an excellent job that deserves more credit. Just because the majority of the player base doesnt understand how it works or where it fits in doesnt make it a "loljob".

If your looking for a job that will make you think and keep you on your toes I suggest PUP. Theres not a single job that will make you think more.

^This
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 22:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Scizor said:

^This is a lie

you're right it is.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 22:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Triple post!

Its only a triple post because im too drunk to care >_>
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-04-09 22:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy newest member of the "I know *** all society"
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 22:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I never signed to join.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-09 22:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Kajidourden said:
Scizor said:

^This is a lie

you're right it is.

Lol, this coming from someone who wont even show their jobs/gear so we can all lol at the gimpness.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 22:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Ludoggy said:
Kajidourden said:
Scizor said:

^This is a lie

you're right it is.

Lol, this coming from someone who wont even show their jobs/gear so we can all lol at the gimpness.

I think you need to look on the left of your post.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8