Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 20:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lol... Wow Alyria.. :P And it might just be another option on the main menu. Let's see... /satchel? Maybe a ctrl+...Hmmmm... Can't be E, R, T, I, P, S, G, H, J, L, C, V, B, N, or M... Maybe Q? /nod Sounds like a good shortcut to me...

It'd be nice if it was just an extra 80 in your 'inventory' though like the temp items, which DOES make a lot more sense. It'll be very interesting to see how they do this and how you'll transfer items back and forth if you need to. Or if your "Satchel" space will just start filling up after your "Gobbiebag" space is full.

:( I thought you were my FRIEND!!!!!!!!!! cries

jk anyways /slap lol

my mind was just only thinking random bogus crap at that moment lol
 Bahamut.Lorddarkshade
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lorddarkshade 2009-03-31 20:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

***. awesome. I for one won't use the token if I can unlink it after redeeming my moogle sachet. I have played since 2005 with no screen password, no encryption of password on a flash drive, and have never been hacked. Just have my trusty firewall and virus protection that I use.
-Shade

ALSO:
User submitted image
User submitted image
Cid's teeth yam yam...
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-31 21:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Samina said:
I didn't mean what if it TAKES ME more then 30 seconds to type my password, fyi I type like 70 wpm. What I was meaning to say is what if the password changes during the connection time? Like after you input your password while it's saying 'connecting to POL'? will you get booted then? and just have to retry? And what if you try like 3 times? can you lock yourself out for failing? Many websites are like this for ppl trying to 'guess' the password

There's huge big red button on the token.

1. You press the button
2. Use that 70wpm skill to type your password
3. You're online :)

All this won't take 30 seconds.

Quote:
t'd be nice if it was just an extra 80 in your 'inventory' though like the temp items, which DOES make a lot more sense. It'll be very interesting to see how they do this and how you'll transfer items back and forth if you need to. Or if your "Satchel" space will just start filling up after your "Gobbiebag" space is full.

I personally think it'll work like the Horadric Cube in Diablo 2, meaning for those who never played D2 :

-Able to transfer back and forth from inventory to satchel (at anytime)
-Unable to use an item stored on the satchel (meaning no equip macro will be able to point an item stored there)
-Will use 1 slot on your current inventory (meaning 79 items + 1 satchel (if your max inv is 80)).

Just supposition, but I think it'll be like that. We won't have 160 slots merged, but 80+80.
 Asura.Twitchiepooh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Twitchiepooh 2009-03-31 22:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I personally think it'll work like the Horadic Cube in Diablo 2, meaning for those who never played D2 :

-Unable to use an item stored on the satchel (meaning no equip macro will be able to point an item stored there)
-Will use 1 slot on your current inventory (meaning 79 items + 1 satchel (if your max inv is 80)).

Just supposition, but I think it'll be like that. We won't have 160 slots merged, but 80+80.

DIABLO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry I just had too.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-31 22:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Antipika on how the satchel will work, though it might actually end up being 80+80, who knows. Regardless, the Horadic Cube is a good comparison and likely the basis for the new satchel.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-31 22:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe Diablo 2... awww the memories. Potions galore, and those damn Named Monsters that had spikes on them so if you hit them a couple times your where toast.

Having to exit game and re-enter because your character died in an unfortunate spot, and was unreachable.

Or good old Diablo, the original, where if you died in a shitty spot you could loose some sweet *** gear because it wasn't recoverable.
 Kujata.Dzuoko
Server: Kujata
user: Dzuoko
By Kujata.Dzuoko 2009-03-31 23:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm idk if i skipped over anyone else saying it... but i thought i read somewhere this is only gonna be available to NA/ canadian players??
Not 100% sure,I was tired at the time... Anyone else seen that?
 Fenrir.Arconis
user: Arconis
By Fenrir.Arconis 2009-04-01 01:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope Availible Everywhere =)

LOS ANGELES (March 24, 2009) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the upcoming launch of the Square Enix Account System and Square Enix Security Token in Japan, North America and Europe on April 7, 2009 PDT. Offering additional account safeguards to players of FINAL FANTASY® XI, these new initiatives provide for a higher level of account security. The new system will utilize the Square Enix Security Token, which will be available to purchase for $9.99 via the PlayOnline® Viewer.

Taken from http://www.playonline.com/cis/us/
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-04-01 01:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dzuoko said:
Well once again SE manages to find a way to *** Australian players in the *** >.<;;
First u dont release the Tidal Talisman for us to purchase and now this.. No Security token means no 80 slots either...
Gayness at its finest right there LOL!

Found this reply..
Square-Enix said:
Australia still exists? We thought the last of Australia died off when Steve Irwin got that stingray to the heart.
I believe this shines light on the matter.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-01 01:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorddarkshade said:
***. awesome. I for one won't use the token if I can unlink it after redeeming my moogle sachet. I have played since 2005 with no screen password, no encryption of password on a flash drive, and have never been hacked. Just have my trusty firewall and virus protection that I use.
-Shade

ALSO:
User submitted image
User submitted image
Cid's teeth yam yam...

CID'S TEETH
I'm wondering about how it would work with those who play on the 360 or PS2 only. I heard that it was USB? Does that mean there will be software with/for the security token to make it work as required?
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-04-01 01:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

When you first check your satchel, it'll glitch and dupe everything in your inv over to the satchel. Then 2 weeks later, SE will ban everyone that has a satchel~

just wait, it'll happen!
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-04-01 01:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well.. i was just to lazy to read all that above..so.. did somebody ask.. what happen with the Vana'Diel economy?..like whats with the rmts who are just camping nms.. they can just get a token too lol.. yeah more inventory slots for rmts yeah...and imo...this thing shouldnt give you 80 slots when you buy the thing... its just like SE would be a rmt.. they sell something.. you get something in game.. and 80 slots.. isnt comparable with "just" furniture.. if you go farm... you have a really big benefit compared to ppl who havent that thing.. so.. i think they should make 80 slots (or the same ammount like your inventory is)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-01 01:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nepharite said:
When you first check your satchel, it'll glitch and dupe everything in your inv over to the satchel. Then 2 weeks later, SE will ban everyone that has a satchel~

just wait, it'll happen!

lol :p

Galvaya said:
Dzuoko said:
Well once again SE manages to find a way to *** Australian players in the *** >.<;;
First u dont release the Tidal Talisman for us to purchase and now this.. No Security token means no 80 slots either...
Gayness at its finest right there LOL!

Found this reply..
Square-Enix said:
Australia still exists? We thought the last of Australia died off when Steve Irwin got that stingray to the heart.
I believe this shines light on the matter.

Well Australia is considered part of Europe as far as video games are concerned, however some things still don't get an actual Australian release, so it'll be... interesting... to see what happens there...
 Unicorn.Tinysalmon
By Unicorn.Tinysalmon 2009-04-01 01:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Australia is part of Europe????
I wonder if SE is gonna ship my token to Indonesia... T_T
$9.99 (tax & shipping included)
extra charges for shipping to 3rd world country

lol /cry
 Garuda.Magitek
user: terosol
By Garuda.Magitek 2009-04-01 02:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

9.99 for 80 slots...
Sounds good.........
This is a tough one.
Nice to have........
Ah hells why not!!!!
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 02:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrithk said:

I'm wondering about how it would work with those who play on the 360 or PS2 only. I heard that it was USB? Does that mean there will be software with/for the security token to make it work as required?

It's not USB, would be useless otherwise. It's completely drivers free and independent from your computer/console.
 Unicorn.Tinysalmon
By Unicorn.Tinysalmon 2009-04-01 02:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For all players outside NA, EU or JP whom are worried about whether the token will be available to ship to our places.

Let us all <Gather Together> and pray they don charge extra out of the $9.99 because we are not in NA, EU, or JP region.

God Bless us.

Lets just wait and see what will happen.

I WANT THAT GOD DAMN TOKEN.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-01 03:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinysalmon said:
For all players outside NA, EU or JP whom are worried about whether the token will be available to ship to our places.

Let us all <Gather Together> and pray they don charge extra out of the $9.99 because we are not in NA, EU, or JP region.

God Bless us.

Lets just wait and see what will happen.

I WANT THAT GOD DAMN TOKEN.

Lol! Selamat siang :D Juga mau token :<

XD Sorry, I only speak a little bit^^;
 Seraph.Raiderxxii
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Raiderxxii 2009-04-01 03:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I know i shouldn't be impatient and should just wait for this thing to come out to see if us Aussies will get it but I am impatient and i want to know now! Any chance someone could contact POL via web chat and ask them? I would but i'm at work when they are open. Damn time differences >.>
 Unicorn.Tinysalmon
By Unicorn.Tinysalmon 2009-04-01 03:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no worries anye...

raiderxxii i feel ur pain.
time difference sucks
and thats the reason i couldnt get into end game items, because i am working when most NA end game LS do their runs

grrrrrrrrr
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-01 06:14:36
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Did they release this when it was still the 31th in USA, but 1st of April in japan? Might be a april fool, idk.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeniffer said:
Did they release this when it was still the 31th in USA, but 1st of April in japan? Might be a april fool, idk.

A) This information was relesed at 7:00 P.M. JST on March 31st

B) Japanese don't do April Fools Day.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-01 07:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
best or bestest way to make someone spend a 10$? I know they got me.

Tho pains me that it looks as if they are not looking at FFXI seriously anymore. +80 inventory for ppl that are ready to spend $? thats not something SE would have came up with 2 or 3 years ago of the fear of losing customers to the "injustice". Looks like we are some beta testers for some of SE's upcoming releases, as this token thing is not FFXI specific, but works with their site and you just register your content ID to work with it. Well for 80 new inventory spots... we some happy beta testers even tho we had to pay for it i guess.

Keep in mind the stagnant economy, SE is just trying to make some money too.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-01 07:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I personally think it'll work like the Horadic Cube in Diablo 2, meaning for those who never played D2 :

80+80 yes, the rest, very likely. I am the first one to say 160 slots, didnt mean to confuse anyone.. lol
 Fairy.Nexous
Server: Fairy
user: Nexous
By Fairy.Nexous 2009-04-01 08:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time SE offers something for us to purchase with money, and then say we get a "limited in game item" for doing so, we get a piece of furniture. Now I find myself wanting to purchase the item BECAUSE of the in game bonus.

But that means I'm paying real life money for something in game.... sounds like RMT. But since SE is doing it, it must be okay.

Before this, when these offers came out and we got furniture, I felt as if I was being raped by SE... now I just feel inapporpriotly touched.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-04-01 09:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For everyone that think its for USB:
Look at the picture.. its not a USB device.. you push the button, and the code comes up on the screen.. simple as that! Just as the ones you get from a bank.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-04-01 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

B) Japanese don't do April Fools Day.

Sure they don't: http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/03/31/april-fools-stuff/
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-01 10:02:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Lorddarkshade said:
-Shade

ALSO:
User submitted image
User submitted image
Cid's teeth yam yam...

OH GOD CID'S TEETH
 Ifrit.Cesarl
Server: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-04-01 10:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

c.c is this really true?

April's fools day is here >.>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-01 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to pester SE Reps again in a few minutes with any "must know" questions about the tokens. (I'm talking the tokens here >.> Not the Satchels, if there's a burning question about how the Satchels work, I'll try to slip it in at the end, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer >.>)

The only question I've got so far is:

"If I have my ID registered on 1 token, can it be registered on another token aswell?"

Use this opportunity to try and get answers to "Should I buy it?!" =P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8