Security Token! +80 Additional inventory slots!! :O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 12:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It applies to all Content ID's on your POL ID.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:06:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Thank God. I was worried I'd have to buy 4 of these things so all my toons get this super mega awesome advantage :3 The extra security will be nice too but I'm in essence paying 10 bucks for inventory, and I'm feelin fine about it ^^
 Carbuncle.Tinebra
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tinebra
By Carbuncle.Tinebra 2009-03-31 12:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm from Italy and I wasn't able to buy a tidal talisman as well, so I was thinking that maybe it was the same for this token.
Is there a site where we can check which country (and which not) the security token is allowed to be shipped to?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 12:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well they just sucked $20 bux out of ppl :P. $10 for augmenting update and another $10 for this :P
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:14:55

If I read the release info correctly, it says in order to utilize the in game bonus we will need to link our POL IDs with a Square-Enix account? Does this just mean we gotta sign up to SE's official site or something?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 12:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I just thought of, say you have your mule with 30 inventory room. You run it all the way to Jeuno and have fame for Gobbiebags. Now, at this moment you're 30+30. You do the first gobbiebag, do you think you'd be 35+35? or still 35+30?

Artemicion said:
If I read the release info correctly, it says in order to utilize the in game bonus we will need to link our POL IDs with a Square-Enix account? Does this just mean we gotta sign up to SE's official site or something?

That's what I understood of it.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 12:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like you'd be 35+35 from what I make of it. Really makes those gobby bag quests look worthwhile for mules

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Symbol
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-03-31 12:22:11

does anyone know if SE ships the tokens to Puerto Rico?
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:24:02

Yeah the mog satchel will expand with your gobbie bag as you do them. And it looks like we better sign up so we don't have to have any extra steps after we get our product and can go right into enjoying them ^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 12:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
And it looks like we better sign up

Find me the UK/European version >.> I just spent 5min looking and can't find anything anywhere! /wrist
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:42:58

I looked too, looks like it's only available in NA or JP versions. I'd just go ahead and create one on the NA site. I really doubt it matters once you're signed up. It just has to link with your POL ID after you get your token.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Symbol said:
does anyone know if SE ships the tokens to Puerto Rico?

Aye dios mio

just kidding :P

Well its US territory so maybe. :)
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:56:00

Mabrook said:
Artemicion said:

I don't think that's the correct website for the registration. I think it's either gonna be threw POL or linkshell community or something of the likes or it.

But from what I see here:

Gooby said:
Registration Launch: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
Registration Location: - Square Enix website
Compatible Services (Initial): - FINAL FANTASY XI, PlayOnline

It's going to be a new website all in it's own just for this.

What is the security Token?

IMO it is going to be something like WoW's security website password reseting etc.; you first register to the website then you will gain access the website, then you use your handy dandy token!(Blue's Clues reference) and reset your password, information etc etc.

Ofc this is all speculation but I have a good feeling this is what it is, so SE can lower budget costs on customer service.

You're probably right, since this whole current "member" thing I found the link to seemed to be mainly associated with a community group within SE for fun activities, downloadables and other irrelevant things. All I read was
Square-Enix said:
In order to utilize the bonus, it will be necessary for the customer’s PlayOnline ID to be linked to a Square Enix Account.

We'll find out soon enough I suppose.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-31 12:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
so SE can lower budget costs on customer service.

That is, until 1/3 of the people that switched to the tokens get locked out due to some unforeseen glitch or error with them, then everyone can ***bricks while they deal with POL customer service. I'd heard that similar situations happened with Blizzard's version of the security token, the main difference being that calls to Blizzard aren't generally afternoon long affairs like they are with POL customer service.

Not to be Debby Downer on all this, it's a great idea, and the additional storage has it's appeal to be sure...but I'll let you guys do the testing for me ^^
 Leviathan.Symbol
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-03-31 13:00:13

hope so =D
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Symbol said:
hope so =D

don't worry, I think they will especially if they gonna let it be sent to CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-31 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Yeah the mog satchel will expand with your gobbie bag as you do them. And it looks like we better sign up so we don't have to have any extra steps after we get our product and can go right into enjoying them ^^

Thank you ... i was looking for that earlier. I know i signed up for it for the DQ5 sweepstakes, but i couldn't find it again.
 Pandemonium.Maverik
Server: Pandemonium
user: Maverik
By Pandemonium.Maverik 2009-03-31 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 13:08:41

No problem, although there's reasonable doubt that an account for SE's official "members" site will not be the required link between our Playonline IDs for our in game bonus to function. Doesn't hurt to sign up anyways if you wanna check out the cool things it offers anyways, but I have a feeling we'll see a FFXI based sign up link after registration goes active on April 7th.

PS: That picture is epic win, and very true :3
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-31 13:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***! 160 slots in the field!!! The possibilities...
Great pic lmao

My bet is that you don't have to disable the token if you dont activate it... The mog sachet is more then likely a code you input similar to the necklace and CD purchase. (Tidal taliman and MH piano) but its 160 slots! <.<

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Maverik
By Pandemonium.Maverik 2009-03-31 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

and number 2
User submitted image

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Maverik
By Pandemonium.Maverik 2009-03-31 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit the first one I did not make, a friend sent me a link to that, but the second one I made :). That face in the first one is classic.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-31 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

On a sadder bit of news:

The Phoenix Roadrunners of the East Coast Hockey League is folding. Not the oddest thing to hear about (okay maybe a team in the EAST COAST Hockey League in the middle of Arizona is kinda odd), but if you think about it Phoenix also has the Coyotes in the NHL ... So basically the Coyote beat the Roadrunner ... How the *** did that happen?

Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!
 Asura.Vixen
By Asura.Vixen 2009-03-31 13:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So will we be able to gear swap items that are held in the Satchel the same as we can items that are held in our Gobbiebag? I also wonder if items collected in battle will still by default drop to our Gobbiebag, and what if our Gobbiebag is full? Will they drop into the Satchel instead?

My guess is that if SE is going to screw this up in any way it will be in the ways that I have listed above. (Like you have to keep all of your gear in your bag to use it in macros, you can only manually put items into the satchel, if your gobbiebag is full the items will still fall to oblivion instead of shifting over into the satchel.)

But no matter what I am totally happy with the extra space, even if it turns out to be a pain to utilize. Go go SE!
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-31 13:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant buy the token until April 7th, something i read was misleading.. saw March 31st somewhere.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8