Security Token! +80 Additional inventory slots!! :O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-03-31 08:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wow amazing, simply amazing, this will help me so much. fk even doing the gobbie bag quest, im fine with 2 bags with 70 slots.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 08:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Ahh, but the question is:

Once you register a POl ID to a token, can someone else then register that ID to their token as well?

For example, your friend's account that you have access to. If he links his token to his POL ID, will it then let you link yours to the same ID as well? I wonder since 'technically' no one but yourself is suppose to know your account info/use your account.

I smell another HelpCentre session.

A guy in my LS asked a similar question:

Quote:
[14:24:22]<LS Person> If my brother gets a security token, would I need to use "his"? or would the one I purchased work?

I completely forgot to ask that question, so if someone else wouldn't mind quizzing them.. would be awesome XD
 Bahamut.Kctempest
Server: Bahamut
user: kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-03-31 08:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It must be an early April fools joke!!!
It is, after all, April 1st in Japan.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 08:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kctempest said:
It must be an early April fools joke!!!
It is, after all, April 1st in Japan.

Not for another 1hr 23min! (ftw for FoxClocks!)
 Bahamut.Kctempest
Server: Bahamut
user: kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-03-31 08:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yea...nvm scratch that.
The news was posted on March 24th......OMG ITS FOR REALS!
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-03-31 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

best or bestest way to make someone spend a 10$? I know they got me.

Tho pains me that it looks as if they are not looking at FFXI seriously anymore. +80 inventory for ppl that are ready to spend $? thats not something SE would have came up with 2 or 3 years ago of the fear of losing customers to the "injustice". Looks like we are some beta testers for some of SE's upcoming releases, as this token thing is not FFXI specific, but works with their site and you just register your content ID to work with it. Well for 80 new inventory spots... we some happy beta testers even tho we had to pay for it i guess.
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-03-31 09:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Touché, Square-Enix. Touché.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-03-31 09:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Now what if I want to buy one just for the inventory spots. Do you think I can register it, get my Mog Sachel, then tell them I would like to stop using it? I mean they already have my $10 why would they care if I wasn't using it?
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-31 09:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Now what if I want to buy one just for the inventory spots. Do you think I can register it, get my Mog Sachel, then tell them I would like to stop using it? I mean they already have my $10 why would they care if I wasn't using it?
See my post of my discussion with the SE Help person. I asked the question and got an answer... of sorts.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-31 09:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O.....
O...M...G...
80 inventory and enhanced security for $10.. >.> Only thing that sucks is... I use like 6 other accounts on a regular basis. >.< Oh well, we'll see how that works out. lol
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 09:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
O.O.....
O...M...G...
80 inventory and enhanced security for $10.. >.> Only thing that sucks is... I use like 6 other accounts on a regular basis. >.< Oh well, we'll see how that works out. lol

I kinda covered that XD Forgot to ask what would happen if both people had the token, but I'm assuming it'll be something like "Input ID!" while it can apparently be used across as many accounts as you need.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-31 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but if you're using the same token on multiple ID's then you'd need to have access to that token to get in, right?

Otherwise you'd have to do something like Saiya asked with linking them initially to get the satchel and then not use the security feature anymore.

I wouldn't mind having multiple ID's linked and then being able to use multiple tokens to get the pw's to them. That would be very nice indeed since myself and the other people with those accounts can easily afford $10.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-31 09:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a lil sidenote. If you live in Sweden - you aint allowed to get theese -.- "Yay! Let swedes have unsafe accounts and less inv slots!"
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-31 09:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww... *Hugs Miemo.* That sucks. But why can't you get them? Maybe have someone else order it and mail it to you?
 Fairy.Tibz
user: Tibz
By Fairy.Tibz 2009-03-31 09:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Was I the only one that noticed that it says that the Satchel "matches" your inventory slots based off of the Gobbie Bag quests you've completed, and that it says it's a MAX of 80 slots?

If you complete all Gobbie Bag quests that caps you out currently at 70. So does that mean there are 2 more Gobbie Bag quests in store for the April update!!?? =D
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-31 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They just say "Not valid in sweden", wich is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Not sure exactly whats up with it yet, friend and I are pushing SE on it
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-31 09:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS AWESOME.

That is all.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-31 09:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Another sidenote - was the same with the Nashmau tele thingie. Couldnt get that either~
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-31 09:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there is an update to the inventory scheduled for April to increase to 80. We don't know more details than that though. It could be 2 new gobbiebag quests in line with the other ones, or it could be brand new actual 'quests', not just get me x items. We don't know yet.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 10:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the Nashmau tele thingy was available to Aussies either actually. So if you (or me) can't get the security token, does that mean we're just SOL for the extra 80 inventory? (Yes, I will be completing the new gobbie bags regardless)

I have a few reasons for not wanting the security token (aside from not wanting to pay $10 US), so it's gonna ***me bad if that's the only way to get the mog satchel. If I can get the token and then just not use it and still keep my satchel access then maybe I'll use it (and spread the love around my friends so that we can only buy one token between the lot of us <_<). But I still think it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to make you buy a physical item (regardless of how good or bad it is) to get the same sort of in-game advantage as others.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-31 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I think it's great that they are adding a new storage item, but the fact that they require us to purchase a security token to access it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Personally, and no offense to Square-Enix, but I don't trust it. Not from a "ZOMG HAXORS" point of view, more from a "HURR MY CODE DOESN'T WORK LET ME SIT ON HOLD WITH POL CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR 6 HOURS" point of view.

I simply just don't trust them to not *** it up, to be honest...and I'd rather for sure be able to access my account instantaneously then deal with the algorithm BS that has the potential to not work.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 10:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Make someone Non-Swedish/Aussie buy it! =P

Though I do agree it's pretty crappy for them to not allow AUS and Sweden to get hold of them. If I remember right, they didn't allow Europe to Pre-Order the Tidal Talisman so I had one of my friends order it from the US and just pass me the code when it was redeemable, only reason I managed to get my coat XD
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-31 10:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is, do you actually have to use the device to get the 80 slots or just buy it?

If SE just came out and said 80 slots for 9.99 I'd buy it.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-31 10:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg hot.
Def worth the money, lol
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-31 10:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
The question is, do you actually have to use the device to get the 80 slots or just buy it?

Ya, same here. Like I said, I don't trust the token thing to not *** up and lock me out of my own account.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 10:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

So would I, but I'd still be pissed off about it >:o
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 10:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
Omg hot.
Def worth the money, lol

You too ^^
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-31 10:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm concerned its $10.00USD for 80 inventory. I'm game. If I don't have to use the security token even better =)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 11:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what I wanna know, do I have to use the token in order for me to get the slots?

Oh for a question regarding this:

Gooby said:

After registering a Square Enix Account and purchasing the Square Enix Security Token, players can then assign the token to their PlayOnline ID(s).

So does that mean I can just add anyones playonline Id to my token and change their password to log on? If so what if the other person doesnt have the token and lets say they wanna log on their account but cant cause you are not online to give the password etc. This looks complicated to me. I'm not buying it until I see full instructions and explanation how to use this thing. I can survive without the extra slots.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 12:02:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get a chance to read everyone's post but my question is, would this inventory expansion apply to only one character? Or is it something that is active on your account and applies to all your content IDs?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8