Paladin DD set up
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 14:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

Why don't you take a nice bath and go clean all that sand out of your vagina? I know it's hard, and you seem to be on your period too in addition, so maybe you should just call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance if you can't do it alone.

Sorry, thought this was a discussion and not 12-year-old playing in the backyard.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-03-18 14:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Glass houses and stones, love.

Glass houses and stones.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-03-18 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Glass houses and stones, love.

Glass houses and stones.

Don't change clothes in a glass house because people will throw stones at you? D:
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-18 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Asura.Dajociont said:

yes, it does actually, especially since you're so fluent in this language. people i play with that have incredibly shitty english even know the common collaquialisms. and now you look even more stupid trying to make me look unintelligent for not knowing german or whatever the ***. sorry, brahskers, try again at making yourself not look like a tool.

Lmao! Yes, I'm honestly apologize for not knowing ghetto-slang as well as the commonly used language. I truely feel like a fool running around here too when I don't understand ppl that haven't even finished 7th grade.

I seriously don't understand what you are getting at anyway, trolling is my guess, since it's neither logical not intelligent what you are stating here and it doesn't help the matter at hand, so... Making me look like a fool (or trying to, anyway) is a nice attempt to boost your posting numbers, however, I give you that.

If I wasn't of any help, I do apologize to the OP though, never wanted to start a fight.

you don't know a commonly used language while you're using it and being completely fluent <- why you're a retard

you were acting like you've never seen these collaquialisms before and acting like you were trying to show serj was an idiot for doing so, aka using them out of context and in rapid succession <- why you're a retard

mistaking trolling for pointing out obvious flaws in your illogically based logic <- why you're a retard

lol caring about posting numbers <- why you're a retard

apologizing for fighting over the internet <- why you're a retard

it's not fighting, it's showing you how stupid you look while trying to make serj look like an idiot. also, the fact you got offended by being called bro is pretty hilarious. grow some balls.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 14:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
my question is: why would you want to use timarli + strigoi when you can do grim/blitz, af3+2/blitz, or ares/blitz?

This is actually the first solid argument I see and I have to agree with that, since stats would be better IF you actually get to cap haste as well with those combos.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-18 14:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
my question is: why would you want to use timarli + strigoi when you can do grim/blitz, af3+2/blitz, or ares/blitz?

This is actually the first solid argument I see and I have to agree with that, since stats would be better IF you actually get to cap haste as well with those combos.

It's not an if, it does cap.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-03-18 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

Think he means if you're using the proper other gear.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 14:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
[also, the fact you got offended by being called bro is pretty hilarious. grow some balls.

Hehe, that's certainly your opinion of an idiot then, I can't argue with that. For me an idiot would be someone that went through the effort of searching something stupid in everything, only to make someone else look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and to make yourself look good. Aka. ***. :D
And since you're so intelligent, you would probably know that the language you learn in school, at uni or any other official facilities differs widely from the language that is spoken on the street, in every single town of english speaking countries.
So yea, if the likes of you think I'm an idiot, that doesn't bother me much, you have to live with yourselves, not I. =)

And, what does being "offended" by something have to do with having balls or not? Even though, it's the internet, we are all real persons sitting behing the KB and we all deserve some sort of respect, IMO. At least until some point anyway. xD

So, who is the idiot, the one wanting a mere conversation with the due respect or the ones just throwing out words without any meaning, just saying something to.. say something.. >_>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 14:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Like I said, 24,5% is not capped.. But yea, IF it caps. xD
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-18 14:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would'nt use that body over Grim/af3+2 for 0.3% haste or whatever it is either but yeah, if you lack the proper +2 gear/tiara I'd concider it.
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-03-18 14:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't WHM outparse PLD in most situations? Discuss.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-18 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said:

Vs an Almace-PLD I doubt it, but without Almace it would be a fun competition to watch :P
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-03-18 14:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said:

Doubting it. If the gearset was similar (which it won't be since PLD has many more options in terms of Atk/Str I do believe) then maybe they'd be close, but I think the addition of en-light would probably put PLD back ahead.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-18 14:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Fenrir.Didgist said:

Doubting it. If the gearset was similar (which it won't be since PLD has many more options in terms of Atk/Str I do believe) then maybe they'd be close, but I think the addition of en-light would probably put PLD back ahead.

WHM gets "enlight" with auspice aswell!
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-03-18 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Fenrir.Didgist said:

WHM gets "enlight" with auspice aswell!

Ah I was not aware of this. It could perhaps be similar. But again I think in terms of damage gear PLD has more options, so it's probably still in PLDs favor there.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-18 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
[also, the fact you got offended by being called bro is pretty hilarious. grow some balls.

Hehe, that's certainly your opinion of an idiot then, I can't argue with that. For me an idiot would be someone that went through the effort of searching something stupid in everything, only to make someone else look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and to make yourself look good. Aka. ***. :D
And since you're so intelligent, you would probably know that the language you learn in school, at uni or any other official facilities differs widely from the language that is spoken on the street, in every single town of english speaking countries.
So yea, if the likes of you think I'm an idiot, that doesn't bother me much, you have to live with yourselves, not I. =)

And, what does being "offended" by something have to do with having balls or not? Even though, it's the internet, we are all real persons sitting behing the KB and we all deserve some sort of respect, IMO. At least until some point anyway. xD

So, who is the idiot, the one wanting a mere conversation with the due respect or the ones just throwing out words without any meaning, just saying something to.. say something.. >_>

have you cleaned the sand out yet, bro?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 15:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said:

I don't see how. :3 I'm not into WHM at all and I wouldn't know about any decent WS but hexa but in any case, WHM doesn't have much more access to haste gear than RDM and for RDM it's hard already to do decent meleeing. Additionally, RDM got access to CDC as well, which WHM doesn't.. So, my personal opinion would be that WHM is not capable of out-doing PLD in any situation, unless the PLD doesn't get haste (spell) and even then it might be a close call.

It would still be interesting to see how both would do against each other but I doubt that WHM would be any good, especially inside of aby. :(
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-03-18 15:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said:

I don't see how. :3 I'm not into WHM at all and I wouldn't know about any decent WS but hexa but in any case, WHM doesn't have much more access to haste gear than RDM and for RDM it's hard already to do decent meleeing. Additionally, RDM got access to CDC as well, which WHM doesn't.. So, my personal opinion would be that WHM is not capable of out-doing PLD in any situation, unless the PLD doesn't get haste (spell) and even then it might be a close call.

It would still be interesting to see how both would do against each other but I doubt that WHM would be any good, especially inside of aby. :(

Hexa Strike is a critical WS and atma will negate the difference between lesser geared DD and top-tier gear DD. Inside abyssea they'd actually have a better chance.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-18 15:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said:

WHM is way better inside of abyssea than outside.

Hexa is a 6hit ws, so if you dual wield, 7hit.
It can also crit, so it's a very strong ws inside abyssea!
WHM can also cap haste fairly easily mostly just with AH gear xD
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 15:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:

I really don't know what you're on about but you clearly have no intentions to produce anything helpful to this conversation so.. go figure..
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-03-18 15:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace skews it, and while I originally thought to compare RDM VS PLD i'm sure PLD could win that one. WHM has options i've seen mentioned that bridges that gap.

Personally I like Paladin but it's not so much a way you play it issue when it comes to DD'ing. It just can't DD without a trick weapon, but even then DRK can outshine PLD on Calad and as for Almace it's definately not the top tier job for that either unless you can get away with kraken. This is not as often as you would think, however when you can it is fairly broken.

It is my opinion that with Ochain/Aegis/Almace/Kraken/Cataclysm Paladin is currently among the most useful jobs in the game.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-18 15:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:

I really don't know what you're on about but you clearly have no intentions to produce anything helpful to this conversation so.. go figure..

[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hexa Strike is a critical WS and atma will negate the difference between lesser geared DD and top-tier gear DD. Inside abyssea they'd actually have a better chance.

Vorpal and CDC are crit WS as well and PLD has a little more access to "DD gear" than WHM. That's why I don't think WHM would actually win.
They both kinda start out equally, til it come to gear and with haste (spell) whm has an advantage in frequency.
But both with same buffs and different gears, I would say that PLD clearly has an advantage, because of the access to hecatomb and twilight gear alone.

Even on Shinryu I haven't seen any WHM perform well with brew yet. Certainly due to the fact that ele ws have an advantage but still. ._.
Really would have to see both with same buffs and same atmas doing out in the field, since I can't judge from own experiences much regarding WHM. >_<

RDM and WHM always have been more of a fun-job, when it comes to meleeing anyway, not really something you would actually consider as an asset to the melee brigade.
And just for the record, my first 75 RDM and I did melee and tried to melee a lot. I melee'ed more and was trying to melee than I was trying to be that typical kite- and w/e RDM, unlike most others probably.
By Serj 2011-03-18 16:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways...

While able to change the body to whatever you want. Frees up all slots of stp for ws. Peachy?
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-03-18 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Works for me Serj. Except of course Brutal on left ear.
So. Badelaire +2 second best sword option for DD?
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-18 20:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, I went to sleep and the thread wasn't derailed. Thanks guys.

I'm quite happy that these sets are only a few items better than what I have, though two of those include redoing DM and CoP (I was oldschool/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and got the lolsattva).

I still think I'd use AF3+2 body over grim just because I don't currently need to drop the gil on grim +1 for another Job and I do like the idea of potential absorbs from 4/5 of the +2 pieces.

Now let's see some Chant du Cygne sets?
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-18 20:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah check this atonement spam set!!!

By Serj 2011-03-18 21:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael said:
Nice, I went to sleep and the thread wasn't derailed. Thanks guys.

I'm quite happy that these sets are only a few items better than what I have, though two of those include redoing DM and CoP (I was oldschool/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and got the lolsattva).

I still think I'd use AF3+2 body over grim just because I don't currently need to drop the gil on grim +1 for another Job and I do like the idea of potential absorbs from 4/5 of the +2 pieces.

Now let's see some Chant du Cygne sets?

Give me a few and I'll do some research to start throwing out some CDC ideas.
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-18 21:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sick attila's earring
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10