Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin DD set up
Paladin DD set up
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-19 04:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, it's a lot of effort you would have to put into either anyway.
I'm lacking so much gear and gil to actually realize Torcleave sets, be it TP or WS. Gonna be using some gimped version of what we've worked out. lol

As for CDC, it would be even more worth doing since you will want to wield sword and shield most of the time just for dmg mitigation and the WS dmg should help a great deal keeping hate too. Sadly though, PLD isn't used much anymore for tanking purposes, so it would be a big waste of time (for me) bothering with that right now. GS you can still farm cruor with, have fun and also use when the next increase of lvl cap will happen.

On top of that, I do have NIN lvl'ed (no bandwagon NIN <_<) and started working on MNK also (bandwagon xD) but lacking both crit WS' still and BB, like most bandwagon noobs. So, I'm usually to go NIN for tanking and proc'ing or even different jobs, like RDM, SMN, BLM if needed.

I'm still having fun with PLD though when I get to play it but situations are rare, so I was looking to max out fun-factor first for the time being. xD
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-19 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
What about this modified set here

Changed belt, legs and feet.
Losing 2 VIT/6 STR (4.5 ATT), fTP mod and gaining 34 ATT/5 ACC (more depending on augments)/1% DA.
Centaurus earring, VIT ring.
it's such a shame gearing up PLD is easier than gearing up DRK lol.
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-04-14 16:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
/sigh, PLD isn't THE BEST DD, but it CAN DD.

Many recommendations I've heard (and am currently working on) is skilling up Staff (Full Swing @ 300TP [5.00 dmg; 50% STR modifier]), leveling /SAM and /NIN. Also, if you're able to get Joyeuse and Dual Wield that with Company Sword or--even better--Justice Sword, that helps a lot.

STR build gear is nice; PLDs can equip Haubergeon, or even Sipahi Jawshan set. The usual DD build gear goes for the rest of the slots: O.Hat, Chiv. Chain, Brutal/Assault/(maybe)Fowling Earrings, Pallas's Bracelets (or Alkyoneus's Bracelets if you can afford) STR rings/Acc rings, Amemet Mantle +1 (Cerb. Mantle = DO WANT!), Potent Belt.

For TP build, I was considering Byrnie (a lot of people lol at it, though = / ), Tarasque Mitts, Wivre/Valkyrie's Mask, along with the rest of the gear mentioned above.

GL Bravefencer, hope this helped. I'd recommend going to the FFXIclopedia.org Paladin forums, they've got a lot of knowledgegable Paladins there who respond in a timely manner^^ /salute

just got pld to 72, i think this is a pretty good dd set at 72

got the egg in ra slot cause i like the mp
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-14 16:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be better off using something like Phantom Tathlum. The egg won't give you much more than 2-5 MP at that level depending on race, whereas Phantom gives +10 and also slight resistance to magic
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-04-14 16:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Would be better off using something like Phantom Tathlum. The egg won't give you much more than 2-5 MP at that level depending on race, whereas Phantom gives +10 and also slight resistance to magic

Hume, Mp@408 with egg, 404 without. okay. was thinking maybe Optical Needle for +1ACC? making the whole acc total +23 instead of 22 atm? Food used is Sole Sushi. Bream if AH is ever out of Sole. Not sure where ACC cap is.
 Gilgamesh.Galmaximas
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Galmaximas 2011-04-17 13:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

get an almace cap your haste gear and get the s
ws stuff hectatomb hands feet legs twi helm/body light gorget/belt
 Bismarck.Zeota
Server: Bismarck
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-04-21 11:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Galmaximas said:
get an almace cap your haste gear and get the s
ws stuff hectatomb hands feet legs twi helm/body light gorget/belt
Yeah pretty much this.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-04-25 13:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure this would be a great place to ask since it has been fairly active thread talking about Almace :)

I've already given in to the fact I will be brewing Apademak for it's horns but I'm still not quite certain about the Dhorme Khimaira.

The impression from Wiki that I'm getting is that Dhorme Khimaira doesn't cast on itself so as long as we don't cast thunder nukes on it, it won't level up (can it level up?). I'm also getting the impression that as long as we back tank it, it will be fairly easy just slow for a trio group. My current plan is to go trio with NIN, WAR, WHM so we have red WSs covered but I'm not sure if we'll need more people.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dhorme is inconsistent. Sometimes he's a complete joke, sometimes he is realllly lame. He doesn't level up but he does have a Chainspell which seems random ... though, purely based on conjecture, I seem to see it only if we don't Stun it much or if the fight drags on.

It isn't that bad as long as you can handle Fulm and/or CS.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-04-25 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Dhorme is inconsistent. Sometimes he's a complete joke, sometimes he is realllly lame. He doesn't level up but he does have a Chainspell which seems random ... though, purely based on conjecture, I seem to see it only if we don't Stun it much or if the fight drags on.

I'm hoping back tanking keeps Fulmination from happening as to the CS well that will be interesting since only the WHM would have stun unless I went WAR/BLM and just regained TP instead of meleeing, which might not be a bad idea tbh :D

Edit: semi bored so I'll play devil's advocate :D

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
get the s
Hate to be a natzi, but it's a Z not an S >_>

The monster would see an S :D

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Galmaximas
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Galmaximas 2011-04-25 13:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I'm hoping back tanking keeps Fulmination from happening as to the CS well that will be interesting since only the WHM would have stun unless I went WAR/BLM and just regained TP instead of meleeing, which might not be a bad idea tbh :D

Edit: semi bored so I'll play devil's advocate :D

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
get the s
Hate to be a natzi, but it's a Z not an S >_>

The monster would see an S :D

actually the "S" was meant to be an "N" as in N.abjuration pieces for your CDC weaponskill build since the mod is DEX+ forgive my lack of correct spelling I replied to this thread half awake.

P.S Go Lakers three peat!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10