A Little Bit Of Drama!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » a little bit of drama!
a little bit of drama!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Uriko
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Uriko
By Lakshmi.Uriko 2009-01-22 00:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyssiah said:
:o I married (in real life) a guy I met on game. Met him on game, friends for 2~ years roughly, met in real life, decided to just stay in Texas instead of using my returning ticket to Washington. Relationship progressed, married, have a daughter now... etc etc.

I've met lots of great guys back in Washington, but overall I was happier with the one I met online. :p

That's kinda freaky, that sounds like the story with me and my hubby o.O friends for two years in ffxi, meeting up whenever I would afford a ticket from England to the US, and now we're happily married and living together with our lil daughter ^^

It's prrof that though the vast majority of ffxi relationships don't work, some do. And this relationship worked so much better than any RL relationship, I believe, because I got to know my partner far more on an emotional level first before having a physical one. But heh, that doesn't mean that works for everyone, we all have our preferences.
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-22 02:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried online dating, and it didn't work out it crashed and burned. Will never do that again.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-01-22 03:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Uriko said:
Alyssiah said:
:o I married (in real life) a guy I met on game. Met him on game, friends for 2~ years roughly, met in real life, decided to just stay in Texas instead of using my returning ticket to Washington. Relationship progressed, married, have a daughter now... etc etc.

I've met lots of great guys back in Washington, but overall I was happier with the one I met online. :p

That's kinda freaky, that sounds like the story with me and my hubby o.O friends for two years in ffxi, meeting up whenever I would afford a ticket from England to the US, and now we're happily married and living together with our lil daughter ^^

It's prrof that though the vast majority of ffxi relationships don't work, some do. And this relationship worked so much better than any RL relationship, I believe, because I got to know my partner far more on an emotional level first before having a physical one. But heh, that doesn't mean that works for everyone, we all have our preferences.

The same thing happened to me and my husband! We met on Final Fantasy 4 years ago, I was in England, he was in Idaho, now and are celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary on the 4th February^^; Some people will say meeting online is wierd... but I found after 2 years of talking day-in-day-out with Tmiller (mah husband) that I learned more about him than I would have if we were in person. Call us online daters strange, but you love who you love at the end of the day, and if your love takes you to another country, then so be it ;)

-Rin / Israfel
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-22 03:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Internet relationships do work. I’m proof of it. I met my girlfriend when I was 14, in a Yahoo Go Fish chat room. (Sardine Can, hehe) She was 13 at the time. Now we had everything stacked against us, we lived in different states, we both were poor (Meaning no traveling to meet often), puberty and high school influences (School, other guys/girls), and of course, parents who hated the other little brat that their child was dating. (My mom hated her, her dad hated me) We had to go through a lot. And what’s more, we had to go through all of it over the internet. There was no real life interaction, and at any point in time we could have easily broken it off and just moved on. But despite all the hardships we went through, we prevailed. I’m 21 now, she’s 20. We’ve been together coming up on 8 years on Feb. 2nd. I’ve moved to WA to be with her, and she has moved in with me. I found my soul mate over the internet. And boy is she a keeper. We both play FFXI, regularly, she likes to watch Bleach and Naruto, Stargate Atlantis and Legend of the Seeker.. we couldn’t possibly be anymore capatible. So yea, internet relationships do work. Though ours was probably at the worst possible time in our life because of all the obstacles we had to go through, it woulda been much easier if we met as adults. But then we wouldn’t have this awesome story to tell everyone.  Love you Abri!

Yes they do work... and also a success story ( we met on a MSN .ca Canadian Chat room)

Even though she was like a 1 hr drive, we met, ( I worked in her area also b/c my job was to travel and deliver things for my father and she lived in my delivery area) I play ffxi, she doesn't however fanyasy movies and sci fi , she shares with me. We've got 1 child together and living proof we have been together for 7 years coming this September. Shes 40, I'm 35. So it can work...just got to really have faith and be true to yourselves. Its a choice and a show of committment!
 Odin.Leey
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-22 23:48:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

<.< wow i didnt look on this for 2-3 days and 5 pages of comments @_@ and ty for some of the nicer comments, for the one who called me not very manly it doesnt make you weak because you show your emotion or make you less of a man, thats total *** lol, nor can you say it about someone you dont know.

i dont act like a girl nor am i weak inside, ive been through ***most ppl would of killed themselves over a long time ago and im still here this just pissed me off because even after i tried to set it right and it didnt work thus i lost a friend of 3 years, if you wanna try to offer advice thats cool but dont insult me because im not afraid to show my emotion if anything it makes me stronger not weaker so blow me <3
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 00:02:56

ninja edit with 2nd post* but im glad this topic got off the drama and turned into a half decent thread with some nice comments in it, to pull ppl up to date with the story and correct a few ppl.

turns out she wasnt with this guy at all she told him to tell me this to push me away because yes as someone said before i come on to strong (fair enough on her part altho very stupid considering she knows me and knows i would of reacted better to her just telling me flat out she wasnt interested) anyways we arent friends now sadly which is a shame cos i know i did wrong and she did too id love to put it behind me but you cant always do that.

some really nice things in this thread which actaully make me pretty proad i created it as such >.>, i do agree with 90% of the comments in this thread i must say, gl to the guy and gal with the kid also. :D
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2009-01-23 00:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i got some drama (didnt read thread i just wanna rant) my AVG hasnt been working for awhile now, wasnt updating, i didnt know, so windows started acting weird a few minutes ago, used winiguard to check it and i got 733 virus's LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ^#&@ me XD
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-23 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacaut said:
i got some drama (didnt read thread i just wanna rant) my AVG hasnt been working for awhile now, wasnt updating, i didnt know, so windows started acting weird a few minutes ago, used winiguard to check it and i got 733 virus's LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ^#&amp;@ me XD

That sucks, player. Hope you get your stuff all cleaned up ^^
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 00:13:34

LMAO way to derail my thread @_@ gl with your viruses lol
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2009-01-23 00:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

manual deleting FTW =D down to like 4 cookies that are a low threat XD when ya cant actually play FFXI u find ways to amuse yourself i guess =/
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 06:25:23

:( i hope your PC problems clear up >< i had like 1100 viruses on old comp >.> hence the useage of "old" thats the measure i had to take >< lol but new comp is great c.c
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
Server: Pandemonium
user: Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-23 06:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Entered gilgamesh with my bf of 6+ years. hit some rough patched but gave him a second chance. Cheated on me with a mithra who admitted to me latter shes attraced to taken guys... big newes she was cheating on her net bf with my bf, someone elses bf on ffxi and irl, AND had a local person on ffxi in the heart broken "friend zone" all at once. I wondered why all the sudden my friend ( her) got evasive and insulting to me.....
i moved to pandemonium with a new bf, great but nothing my ex was....
meanwhile shes living all happy and oblivious to the past year and a half of anguish i've been thru ( its normal for people to be devistated for 2+ years when dealing with a long term loved one cheating on them, and i was with my ex for 6+ years)
moral of the story? girl dont let Cassalot near your boyfriends/husbands, even if she's currently with a guy she stole from another ffxi player.
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 09:30:27

>.< im sorry to hear that Crez i hope you get a guy you deserve who can keep it in his pants! D: and this *** cassa will choke on a *** since life is karma and it bites back in the most unpredictable ways.

You never know whats round the corner until it comes and hits you in the face and steals your car :/
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-23 10:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

*Hugs.* Sorry to hear that Crezelda.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-23 12:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You never know whats round the corner until it comes and hits you in the face and steals your car :/

Um... Personal experience? 0.0
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 14:14:36

yes :( (ok no lol)
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-23 14:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish she would choke on a ***. sadly in the year and a half ive been gone shes been living happily with another guy she stole, gotten all the gear i could only dream of ( rdm hat, dalm, ridil) and she blisted me the moment i found out so i never really could give her a piece of my mind what ive been thru. Theres nights i cant sleep cause i cant stop thinking about it. I get so upset i trigger my heart to beat erradically, that really sucks alot >.<
sorry if this is off topic i just saw the title and like " yay rantdump time" cause i really havent gone public about this in the said year and a half....
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-23 14:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*Hugs more.* That sucks. Wish I could help somehow. But best way to get back at her / get over it is to just be happy for what you do have and thrive by yourself. That in my opinion is the best kind of 'revenge'.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-23 14:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah well im not a sucker for " the higher road" sometimes XD
it just kinda sucks she totally blisted me when i needed to vent it out of my system >.<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-23 14:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. :/ She could have at least taken the uber-bashing she deserved.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-23 14:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry Crez.... There are just people out there who think ONLY of themselves.... We really can't do much about it other than look on in disgust. = / I have no sympathy for those who do not have a shred of sympathy for their fellow HUMAN BEING.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-23 16:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing you might want to think about..

Be thankful sweetheart. If this guy can get stolen that fast, after as long as you were together. You deserve so much better. So.. Thank her instead of wasting more time with that guy. =)
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 17:51:04

agreed guys a nub cake dont worry about him! you deserve better :)
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-23 18:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

its just i cant help but blame myself.... i mean she caught him when we were going thru a rough patch and he was too intimidated by me to discuss alot of things with me, and she preyed on that, he just kinda hunbg out with her and realised they clicked a little, she was misleading about the status of her with her bf and other guys around her. and of course he was too scared to tell me so it just got worse.... I left him and he promised to tell me if he got with another girl ( i dont like unexpected...surprises) and assured me he realised what a *** she is.... so 6 months of womanly intuition saying hes seeing someone ( hey he reads like a book lol you learn when somethings up) i stumble on her livejournal and find out they got together again, despite him adamantly swearing he didnt even look at her. I mean i let him go if he wants to see someone else whatever.. but HER?! This was like 2 days after my birthday and my aniversary with my current bf.... i was unable to function for a good few months, and i still have bad nights where i get emotional flashbacks where i see it all happening again all over in my mind... it sucks cause this guy all my life would never do anything to hurt me, and would never lie, and like that this one woman turns him into the worst lying, cheating *** i know of, the very kind of man he detested.
As for " keep it in your pants" the odd thing is... he never touched her, it was all emotional. which probably hurts me even more, being a very romantically minded woman. The other guy shes currently with ( stole from another girl who now quit i think) was cheating physically with her tho cause they lived a few hours appart...while his gf was like out in another room or out getting groceries i forget lol.

i know my ex is a looser.... but hes who i grew up with as my love, and his absolute virtue and trust was what i could rely on thru everything... i mean he was " the last guy i'd expect this from"

and no matter how much he kept hurting me i still care for him... he'd have to fugging jump thru hoops of radioactive fire and do innumerable impossible things to win me back as a gf... were still friends. I just.... really really wish i hadent been so hard on him when he needed me most dureing that time of stress, or she would never have preyed on our relationship....
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-23 20:08:03

well i wouldnt blame yourself in the slightest no matter how hard it is, you may feel you pushed him away when he needed you but he made the choice in going to her, sure we all have our weak moments but we know what we are doing. I'm sorry you feel how you do and things didnt work out but sometimes people just arent who they seem (etc why i made this thread in the first place) you might feel he changed because of her but whose to say she didnt just show him his true colors?

Im glad your still friends which is a plus since it could of been alot worse but stop blaiming yourself >.< you sound like a top girl! and your only giving yourself more trouble :/ the nightmares will go away tho they always do just sometimes takes alot longer for others.
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-23 22:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah ive read into this and theyre saying you start to stop obsessing over it...after like 1.8 years >.>
lol its no fun cause its hurting my current relationship cause i got baggage like this.
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-24 15:18:18

im sure your bf understands altho yea it can be hard in his position but if he loves you he will stick by you and he has so far so i wouldnt worry so much, could be worse you could be alone >.< so chin up!
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-24 17:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

true...tho i will be a b*tch and say its hard being alone being female on ffxi ;P ( i didnt meet ether on ffxi btw but still fun to mention XD)
i will say ive seen alot of coupples break up due to emotional affairs on ffxi..... You form statics with people and get along with them great.... lowered boundaries and the secracy of it all... maybe your partner dosent play or plays something else. Like you get into a nyzul group with someone of the opposite sex while your partner does salvage, ect. or you band up with a group to lv that nin of yours and your main pt healer ends up becoming a thf ( not job ;P) ect ect.
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-01-25 06:01:16

@_@ sounds rather complex! and yea ive been there before >.< your *gf* at the time exping and yea thats fine no problem, she exps again with different ppl (cept one guy) thats fine ppl make friends! then next day exping again still no problem! then they afk together in her mog house >.> ok slightly annoying, then you hear from a friend they were cybering in open emote lol ok now we have a problem ^.-
 Pandemonium.Crezelda
By Pandemonium.Crezelda 2009-01-25 08:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yah thats how it goes.....
he freaking denied it was her too when he let it slip there was another woman. several times...
im like " um hmmmm shes the only chick you hang out with o_O"
as i said hes easy to read >.>