A Little Bit Of Drama!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » a little bit of drama!
a little bit of drama!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-21 16:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Crosis said:
i've been with the same girl for almost 5 years and we have a baby on the way in about a month or so.

The good news is that the baby is the best thing that will ever happen to you personally.

You've never been truly loved before by anyone till you have had a kid.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
Server: Pandemonium
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just like to say.. I heart you babe. <3 Heh.
 Leviathan.Crosis
Server: Leviathan
user: CrosisX
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-21 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i'm so ready to be a dad. I'm not getting any younger lol.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahah.. ^^
Congrats on your new baby. =) Must be amazing. ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-21 16:17:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
What you're saying is to not give it my 100%, to keep reserved a little bit to help with the recoil of the near impossible.

I'm not saying to not give it your all. That should be a given. If you love and care for someone and are in a long term / romantic relationship with them, you give it your 100% at all times.

However, that above statement of yours is just incredibly foolish. As unlikely as you like to think (and as it may be) the possibility of things going other than what you hope for to happen, the fact remains that it can, and has a very real chance of happening. To not even acknowledge the reality of that is very risky, naive and setting yourself up for a world of pain and disappointment.

I'm not asking you to have a lack of faith or suddenly doubt everything between you two. Just understand that it's reality and it -could- happen. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-21 16:18:55

Tbest said:
I hope you save money for 'rainy days' and you don't go spend your entire paycheck the second you get it...

Very well said. This is wise both figuratively and literally lol.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-21 16:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm lost in the thread already, the ending of this thread changed so quick from "You're a douchebag!" to "Awww congrats on your new baby!"

Well congrats on the new baby and let's all go play FFXI :)
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...Opposites attract? ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-21 16:29:59

Artemicion said:
I'm not saying to not give it your all. That should be a given. If you love and care for someone and are in a long term / romantic relationship with them, you give it your 100% at all times. However, that above statement of yours is just incredibly foolish. As unlikely as you like to think (and as it may be) the possibility of things going other than what you hope for to happen, the fact remains that it can, and has a very real chance of happening. To not even acknowledge the reality of that is very risky, naive and setting yourself up for a world of pain and disappointment. I'm not asking you to have a lack of faith or suddenly doubt everything between you two. Just understand that it's reality and it -could- happen. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.

By even acknowledging it, that means that the relationship isn’t as strong as it could be. You’re telling me to entertain the fact that it may not work. By doing so would be asking part of me, no matter how small, to believe that one day it may break up. By asking me to do that, you’re asking me to doubt my relationship. Not a big doubt obviously, but a doubt nonetheless.

Again, I’m in this relationship 100%. I’m not going to even let a shred of doubt or suspicion into our relationship. You can’t call it true love unless it’s just that, true love.

Maybe you and others think that it’s foolish, but I believe it’s the only way to truly have happiness.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-21 16:36:38

Luignata said:
By even acknowledging it, that means that the relationship isn’t as strong as it could be. You’re telling me to entertain the fact that it may not work. By doing so would be asking part of me, no matter how small, to believe that one day it may break up. By asking me to do that, you’re asking me to doubt my relationship. Not a big doubt obviously, but a doubt nonetheless.

Again, I’m in this relationship 100%. I’m not going to even let a shred of doubt or suspicion into our relationship. You can’t call it true love unless it’s just that, true love.

Maybe you and others think that it’s foolish, but I believe it’s the only way to truly have happiness.

I guess this is what separates us. You're an optimist and I'm a realist. However, just because you acknowledge the gravity and reality of how things work in the real world doesn't make you any less sincere or love any less real or true. Just because you're accepting the fact that things don't always go perfect doesn't mean it isn't true love. I just hope you get your head out of the clouds someday so it won't look like total hell when something eventually goes awry.

Luignata said:

Edit: It works both ways. You may obtain true happiness this way, however at the other end you may experience intense dismay. It's much better to find a happy medium between the two and keep things on an even level. After all, most relationships are dependent upon a balance of many things, and this is certainly no exception.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hun.. I hate to tell you but.. I've got to admit it... I cheated on you! With.. with...

My penguin <3
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-21 16:43:05

Abrianna said:
Hun.. I hate to tell you but.. I've got to admit it... I cheated on you! With.. with... My penguin &lt;3

... I hate to tell you too but..

I cheated with him first.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

....We're screwed then. XD
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-21 16:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The sex is that bad, eh?
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 16:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It was only a joke. =) ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-21 16:58:43

Penguin was far better then she is.
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-21 16:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what sex is anymore i haven't had it since june lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-21 17:01:04

Sex is like air. It's not important until you're not getting any.
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-21 17:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sex is like air. It's not important until you're not getting any.

So true.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-01-21 17:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. Do women get like.. mean when they're pregnant? I thought you could have sex up until like the 8th month. >.>

I hate to pity you but.... that has to suck. ._.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-21 17:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My old boss told me, when his wife was pregnant (they had 3 kids at the time) they had the best sex of their lives, and that pregnancy turned his wife into a total freak sexually...

Then again, maybe it was just so good because the "im gonna throw up my back hurts I feel like ***goddamn you for doing this to me" times were so...not good ^^
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-21 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Abrianna said:
So.. Do women get like.. mean when they're pregnant? I thought you could have sex up until like the 8th month. &gt;.&gt;

I hate to pity you but.... that has to suck. ._.

Depends.

Some girls may feel trapped by the pregnancy and have to grow up a little and accept that they can no longer just do what they want. This can make them very unhappy and emotionally feel like their boyfriend or w/e did this to them.

It doesn't have to make sense, girls are emotional creatures.

Some girls will feel liberated by it (you can't get more pregnant) and go wild :D Depends. It is all luck from the man's perspective.
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-21 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My g/f mellowed out. I've heard horror stories though about how women can change though.
 Leviathan.Alyssiah
user:
By Leviathan.Alyssiah 2009-01-21 20:56:33

:o I married (in real life) a guy I met on game. Met him on game, friends for 2~ years roughly, met in real life, decided to just stay in Texas instead of using my returning ticket to Washington. Relationship progressed, married, have a daughter now... etc etc.

I've met lots of great guys back in Washington, but overall I was happier with the one I met online. :p
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-21 21:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't understand why my g/f want me to fool around with other women lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-21 22:03:16

As shown by Dane Cook, you will quickly learn that women in general are "mind ninjas".
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-01-21 23:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno if anyone else said this, dont wanna read everyone elses thoughts. but... what kind of friend were u to have known this person so long and not known they had a bf? u said the bf broke it to u so im asuming they played to so there was prolly not hiding it.

Good story though, i was slightly entertained.
 Hades.Ladytaru
Server: Hades
user: ladytaru
By Hades.Ladytaru 2009-01-21 23:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Internet relationships do work. I’m proof of it.

I met my girlfriend when I was 14, in a Yahoo Go Fish chat room. (Sardine Can, hehe) She was 13 at the time. Now we had everything stacked against us, we lived in different states, we both were poor (Meaning no traveling to meet often), puberty and high school influences (School, other guys/girls), and of course, parents who hated the other little brat that their child was dating. (My mom hated her, her dad hated me)

We had to go through a lot. And what’s more, we had to go through all of it over the internet. There was no real life interaction, and at any point in time we could have easily broken it off and just moved on. But despite all the hardships we went through, we prevailed.

I’m 21 now, she’s 20. We’ve been together coming up on 8 years on Feb. 2nd. I’ve moved to WA to be with her, and she has moved in with me. I found my soul mate over the internet. And boy is she a keeper. We both play FFXI, regularly, she likes to watch Bleach and Naruto, Stargate Atlantis and Legend of the Seeker.. we couldn’t possibly be anymore capatible.

So yea, internet relationships do work. Though ours was probably at the worst possible time in our life because of all the obstacles we had to go through, it woulda been much easier if we met as adults. But then we wouldn’t have this awesome story to tell everyone. 

Love you Abri!

I am still reading the posts on this forum... but this one was awesome.... ppl do say "this is just a game" but yet you meet people you trust more than anyone else irl. Would you ever give your neighbor your credit card info to pay for something? Just something to think about and Congratulations on being together for 7 years in this day and age that is a miracle in itself. (I have been married for 10 years to the same man and ppl still drop their jaw when they hear that lol)