Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » PS3 users
PS3 users
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-23 03:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

All good points, but besides the issues of not knowing how to properly build/maintain I have other reasons for not wanting to invest in a PC, at least not quite yet. One of the main reasons is most of my really good friends that I play with on a daily basis also play on Xbox. I know PC's are the best when It comes to running the game, graphics, etc. But I'd rather have an average computer that I'll use for things such as school work, net surfing and what-not, than a decked out PC solely for the purpose of gaming. If I had the money to spare, I'd love to get me a niiice PC just for 14. But I'm super tight on money at the moment, so I'd probably just stick to consoles and my laptop for now. At least until my financial aid check comes :3

Edit: I'm also a huge fan of lying back on the couch or my bed lazily with my laptop rather than sitting up at the desktop, so the chances of me using one for anything besides gaming, if I were to invest in one, are slim.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 03:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

technology sucks really... every year something you just bought a year before gets outdated...

computers nowdays are touch... now one of those I would benefit, using photoshop.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 04:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My roommate had his SNES this past yr.. we had all the classic games. Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Super Mario World, Dragon Quest, Primal Rage, Kirby's Dreamland...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 04:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing tops the old atari and amega.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The mario world for wii has new things implemented, I wish they'd release a same exact copy like the old one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-07-23 04:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

super mario world or gtfo
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

is it me but are nowdays games are kinda bleh?...

I seem to be relying a lot on RPGs and MMO's to get some entertainment... and even still, the new releases are just so uncreative and they don't keep me hooked up..

maybe I'm growing old?
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-07-23 04:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just find a random genre that u normally wouldn't play..might like it
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 04:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I'm playing FFIX as I type... new RPGs to me just don't have the same spark that old ones did. Maybe it's hard for creators to come up with unique stories and gameplay?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 04:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DICE 2012 video was epic. That's going to be a horrible world though since I already hate facebook and ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 04:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The best newish series I've played is assassins creed.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried a lot of different genres with hope... but it seems like I am wasting my money really, I buy a game and I don't want to play it for more than 30 minutes anymore... I see myself turning them in half way and dissapointed.

I don't buy games anymore. Only rent or borrow... just to peek into them and usually I am left dissapointed.

I couldnt care over storyline, but gameplay is so boring nowdays..it doesnt have spark anymore :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Heavenly sword for me.
LBP wasn't bad either.

still have my doubts on God of war <.>
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-23 04:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some advice from you PS3 people here >.> I plan on buying one with my spare fin. aid money sometime soon, If the situation permits. What games are without a doubt, must-haves?

inb4 MGS. I'm already planning on buying them all >,>
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 04:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, to be honest I'm slowly growing out of my gaming days... It's not because I have better things to do now, but games just aren't as good as they used to be. Sure graphics and such look hell of a lot nicer, theres just nothing that is unique anymore. So many games are mimics or very similar to one another.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 04:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
-High five-
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-07-23 04:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with games today is the companies focus more on the graphics and less on the story. They make these visually stunning games that take literally less than 10 hours to beat. Games are being turned more into visual art than actual stories and creative ideas brought together to make both art for the mind and eye. That in my opinion is part of the reason a lot of these companies are failing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 04:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Need some advice from you PS3 people here >.> I plan on buying one with my spare fin. aid money sometime soon, If the situation permits. What games are without a doubt, must-haves?

PS3 exclusives? or just good games?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 04:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:

MGS4 is the only reason I'd buy a PS3 at the moment, if I didn't already have one. A lot of games are worth a rental but none are worth 60 dollars, in my opinion.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-23 04:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:

Its doubtful. Separation makes companies money, so they will find a way (see: Nintendo's motion controls) to prevent any fully-customizing one machine.
Actually, for those that are interested, there's an amazing video about this exact topic that I got from Scragg. It's kind of long but it gives all sorts of insight into the gaming industry as a whole and why it's being ruined.

Clicky, if interested.

Watched the whole thing... Made me want to become a hermit in the middle of nowhere ._.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-23 04:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'd say more exclusives since I already have a 360. QFT, ent. MGS4 is more than 70% of my motivation for buying one, lol.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

eh I'll tell you the ones I liked;
Littlebigplanet = must have kay?
Heavenly sword
Assasins creed
Eternal Sonata
Genji, days of the sword or something about some ninjas lol

and I agree...but who wants all these visual graphics if not worth enjoying? I'd rather just rent a movie and sit down to watch it. Only reason why at the very end I was forcing myself to play ffxiii...to see the story progression, but the game was so dumb I dropped it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 04:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd buy Heavy Rain if I had a PS3 simply because I loved Nomad Souls and Fahrenheit so much.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

what is heavy rain about? I keep hearing good stuff about it.

Also RE5 omfg.. fail.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-07-23 04:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For PS3:

FPS: Resistance 1+2. The Darkness.
RPG: FFXIII
Action/Adventure: Tomb Raider: Legends/Underworld (rent). Uncharted:1+2. Heavenly Sword.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-23 04:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I've heard really good things about Heavy Rain, story wise. And I'm a gigannnntic fan of really good, long, complex stories with depth.

Completely unrelated, any 360 users out there who haven't tried the 'Limbo' demo, go try it :3
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 04:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
what is heavy rain about? I keep hearing good stuff about it.

Also RE5 omfg.. fail.
It's pretty much an interactive movie. Like a Choose your own Adventure book, but in movie form. There's not all that much you actually get to do, besides move from place to place, then watch cutscenes with context-sensitive button presses.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 04:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIII: X

In my opinion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 04:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

well I'm gonna let you know right now, MGS4 story is crazy good, a lot of in-depth FMV's and intense shooting sequences. But the game itself is relatively short. The whole point in my opinion would be to shoot for the Big Boss emblem.

Other than that, Little Big Planet is a pretty good game with friends. GOW3 is good if you want to know how the story ends, otherwise it's like all the other previous titles. Heavy Rain is an interesting game. If you ever played the Way of the Samurai series it's kinda the same concept.. run through the game multiple times to find different endings. I've heard White Knight Chronicles is a pretty decent game, haven't played it myself though.

Games I'm looking forward to are FFXIII VS, Twisted Metal, and Time Crisis 4
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7