First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 03:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Well, to be fair Sam, you kind of blew it out of proportion. She called you jealous, and you responded by calling her a pregnant ***. That might tend to start an argument, just staying.

Step 1: Everyone chill the *** out.

Moving on, I thought Lost Odyssey was awesome. I am however guilty of buying a 360 with Halo in mind. I wasn't really even interested in the story at the time, It was just what was cool at the time. However, I started to pay attention to the entire story, and reading the books. I've been a huge fan of reading for a while, one of the greatest, simplest pleasures imo. Once I started reading all the books that split up into so many different plots/details, I was hooked. I can honestly say I enjoy the story more than I do playing the game(s).
Good man.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 03:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Haha, you two are like oil and water.

Anyways, it might sound stupid, but I bought my 360 for the sake of Lost Odyssey & Fable rather than Halo 3 like everyone else did.

:(

Is it wrong that the most enjoyable part of that game for me was racking up evil points, beating my wife, and getting drunk and vomiting?

:DDD
The fact that you had the option to do this is what made it a great game to begin with.

Lol true BUT

You remember the HYPE that game had? My god.. it was one of the biggest let downs EVER considering how they "described it".

Molyneux is a lying ***.

"plants that would grow in real time"

Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

See, I'll only play certain types of PC games. Like Civilizatinos, Sims.. something of that sort. When it comes to RPGs, FPSs... I prefer consoles by a longshot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-23 03:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one else agree that Fable 2, while visually superior wasn't as awesome as Fable? The choice of armor sucked exponential amounts of ***. Fable was so much better in terms of decking out your dude. I couldn't even get excited about buying armor in Fable 2 :/
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-07-23 03:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esaias said:
I was sad to hear the PS3 version release date will be pushed back. In an economy based game there are difficulties when coming to the party late.

Any countermeasure to compensate for lost time would be nice. I especially enjoy the event items in FFXI that make leveling, traveling, or partying easier.

Does anyone have suggestions on an event or items that may give the PS3 launch date a little push for those who were left behind?
it would be nice for ps3 users to get some sort of item for pre ordering atleast...maybe an item that warps us back to our home town would be nice or an invisible cloak? lol
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:
See, I'll only play certain types of PC games. Like Civilizatinos, Sims.. something of that sort. When it comes to RPGs, FPSs... I prefer consoles by a longshot.

I play sims on console, I heard it's comming out on ps3 not sure how thats going to work, probably going to look beautiful.

I can't wait to install it tomorrow on my mac and see how sims works on it D: probably going to look even more beautiful than on my old dell.

I wonder for FFXIV if it's going to be win or fail, I think it's giong to be win since the PC version needs so much specs and such.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 03:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Any one else agree that Fable 2, while visually superior wasn't as awesome as Fable? The choice of armor sucked exponential amounts of ***. Fable was so much better in terms of decking out your dude. I couldn't even get excited about buying armor in Fable 2 :/
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Haha, you two are like oil and water.

Anyways, it might sound stupid, but I bought my 360 for the sake of Lost Odyssey & Fable rather than Halo 3 like everyone else did.

Same here lol. Fable II was way inferior to the original though imo.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 03:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:

You know you can hook 360 controller to the pc though right? For the games that don't support it you can download programs to tack functions onto the controller, but 90% of games, especially under "Games for Windows" supports the controller if you just prefer that.

The fact you can patch ***easier on pc since it's all files and not all on a disc is the biggest advantage, not to mention not having to upgrade consoles every 5+ or so years. The graphics are also easier to control, can beef them up in settings or lower them for better performance.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Lakshmi.Drekien said:

I play sims on console, I heard it's comming out on ps3 not sure how thats going to work, probably going to look beautiful.

I can't wait to install it tomorrow on my mac and see how sims works on it D: probably going to look even more beautiful than on my old dell.

I wonder for FFXIV if it's going to be win or fail, I think it's giong to be win since the PC version needs so much specs and such.

Actually yea, Sims3 was pretty fun on console.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 03:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:

Its doubtful. Separation makes companies money, so they will find a way (see: Nintendo's motion controls) to prevent any fully-customizing one machine.
Actually, for those that are interested, there's an amazing video about this exact topic that I got from Scragg. It's kind of long but it gives all sorts of insight into the gaming industry as a whole and why it's being ruined.

Clicky, if interested.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hell, I have to replace my laptop every 4-5 yrs also.. plus I don't prefer consoles just because of the controller.

I don't *** with PC's... they don't *** with me. That's my take on it lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you'll be able to use money cheats with Sims on PS3 <.< ...

anyways whats the specs for ffxiv so far? I am not installing it on my mac if I get it. Not worth it, going to leave that mac for work.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 03:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:
hell, I have to replace my laptop every 4-5 yrs also.. plus I don't prefer consoles just because of the controller.

That's why I don't use laptops, they really are expensive if you wanna get a GOOD one and harder to upgrade. I mainly meant desktops. They are easy to upgrade, you can install the ***yourself easy.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-23 03:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:

You have to replace consoles every few years too. The difference being it will be cheaper to do so on a PC.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:

my last pc was a dell, lasted 4 years till i spilled water over it by mistake the other day. It was about time to improve so I moved on to Mac... suits all my needs!

consoles are easier to deal with tbh. PC's can't hold all the gaming you wanna blow it up with...
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-07-23 03:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Consoles will be around for a long time. The whole reason they still exist is because ignorant/uneducated people still exist. Not everyone knows how to build a PC nor how to properly maintain one. A console you just plug in, pop in a cartridge/disc/memory stick and play. Nothing simplier than that. The whole purpose of consoles was for the average consumer. They get a "basic computer" with everything they need given to them without the need to understand or comprehend the differences between RAM memory, motherboards and fan speeds. To them, a console just goes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that's true. I just prefer laptop because of they're easy mobility. I'm a college student and I take my laptop to class... can't do that with a PC lol. If I had the money and tools/knowledge for a PC I'd probably get one though
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-07-23 03:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Consoles will be around for a long time. The whole reason they still exist is because ignorant/uneducated people still exist. Not everyone knows how to build a PC nor how to properly maintain one. A console you just plug in, pop in a cartridge/disc/memory stick and play. Nothing simplier than that. The whole purpose of consoles was for the average consumer. They get a "basic computer" with everything they need given to them without the need to understand or comprehend the differences between RAM memory, motherboards and fan speeds. To them, a console just goes.
exactly
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
yus.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 03:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:
Yea that's true. I just prefer laptop because of they're easy mobility. I'm a college student and I take my laptop to class... can't do that with a PC lol. If I had the money and tools/knowledge for a PC I'd probably get one though

Are you into film or graphic design? If not I'd just keep a cheap laptop for word and net surfing. Then invest in a good desktop lol.

It's a problem though if you need to keep getting expensive laptops cause you edit movies on it and do graphic design.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither, I mainly just do the latter 2 for school. I do however have to have programs installed for some classes since I'm an Engineering major.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys remember the old times were there was these mini-stick shift consoles?

that had pac man, alien invasion, and uhh yeah.

Thats where consoles come from, I still have one of those and it works :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

like an arcade? o.O the oldest console I ever had was a Sega genesis lol
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-07-23 03:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Drekien said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-23 03:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Lakshmi.Drekien said:

Are you into film or graphic design? If not I'd just keep a cheap laptop for word and net surfing. Then invest in a good desktop lol.

It's a problem though if you need to keep getting expensive laptops cause you edit movies on it and do graphic design.

I literally cannot fit a desktop anywhere in my house.

It sucks.

Invest in a new house.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-07-23 03:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Lakshmi.Drekien said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

oh lord
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-07-23 03:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple Ataris and about 50+ games for them. They stillw ork and everything. Just sitting in a box at the top of my closet next to all my other out-dated consoles. I still pull them all out and play from time to time.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-23 03:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah like one of those, simple to use just plug it on tv and the electricity.

It wasn't originaly mine, it's as old as dust, my stepdad gave it to me when I came out of the hospital a year ago. I was complaining I was so bored at the hospital he found that on his closet of old dusty things and gave it to me XD I really didn't use it, but I consider it a classic to have.

I still have my nintendo :) It's missing one cable.
Bummer, nothing matches up to the old mario games...

I also have a gamecube laying around...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7