First Page 2 3 4 5
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-10 02:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If I had a way of doing the VNMs (I have mostly "useless" jobs for them) I'd do a Bonesplitter since I'm mostly on WAR anyway.

If Infernal does ~1k or Guillo-amount I'd definitely use it a lot even if it's ugly.
I leeched all of my Tier 2 VNMs for Ultimatum by tagging along with CORs and RDMs solo/duo'ing them using the fences and trees in the zone and abusing pathing.

I can't convince anyone to kill Verthandi though.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-06-10 02:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrk.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-10 16:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
loldrk.

your face is lol
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-10 18:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Its scares me a lot of the information on this page that has been pro DRK has been from a DRK not even taking advantage of a 6hit build :x Samuraiking you need to get a new grip or scythe but... the OAT scythe is a amazing weapon especially in situations like ein when coupled with a dancer, it parses amazing close to Apocs(not tlking outta my butt) Its nice to see SE rewarding players who cant commit the time required to get a relic with weapons on par with them on paper, makes the game a little more interesting for all.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 19:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Its scares me a lot of the information on this page that has been pro DRK has been from a DRK not even taking advantage of a 6hit build :x Samuraiking you need to get a new grip or scythe but... the OAT scythe is a amazing weapon especially in situations like ein when coupled with a dancer, it parses amazing close to Apocs(not tlking outta my butt) Its nice to see SE rewarding players who cant commit the time required to get a relic with weapons on par with them on paper, makes the game a little more interesting for all.

Apoc isnt about damage its about survivibility and utility D:. If it parses close to apoc in einherjar you aren't being buffed properly. The additional haste that apoc grants will result in more swings on paper than 40% OAT. Assuming that you are at a high level of haste. Example, the difference between 75% haste and 85% almost doubles your attack speed.

Also a 528 delay scythe just requires /sam for a 6 hit sir. I thought you had a relic man, come on dont embarass us.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-10 19:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A 528 requires 1 STP and /SAM iirc.
Quote:
I thought you had a relic man, come on dont embarass us.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 19:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've come to terms with the fact that while 80% of FFXI Players are retared, 98% of Relic Owners are even more stupid.

Catastrophe in Hecatomb, Awesome!

Rana Spamming Amanomurakumo Samurai's (On Dark Ixion) You BUTTER BELIEVE IT!

Slug Shot ONRY!! Rangers with Annihilator, hellz yah!!!!

Aegis PLD without a Cure spamming Set, If I had a nickle for each one, Nickle Soup for everyone!

The list goes on... So honestly, I'm not surprised an OAT would parse closely with any relic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 19:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Doesnt require that 1 store TP cause guilliotine yields back more than one hit worth of TP herpderp. You can gear it for a natural six it, and should because brutal earring is enough, however its not needed.

Why would you not use heca head/feet in catastrophe? You do realize there is plenty of time to macro it off before slow would have any impact. Please don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks you only stack ATK for relic weaponskills. It is retardedly simple to cap PDif on most mobs with buffs, capping FSTR is another case and you should use more strength gear as a result.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 19:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored so I thought I'd do the math for that OAT scythe just on the number of swings when you're properly buffed.

Apoc full buffed(rounded haste values)
Gear: 26%
HasteL 15%
Marchx2: 20%
Hasso: 10%
Total: 71%

513-71%= 148 148/60 2.4 seconds per swing.

Vegeance(I'm going to assume 528 delay but its probably higher)

Gear:22%(this is completely max gear btw)
Haste: 15%
Marchs: 20%
Hasso: 10%
Total: 67% haste

528-67%= 174 174/60= 2.9seconds per swing.

In the course of one minute:
Apocalypse attacks 60/2.4= 25 times.
Vengeance attacks 60/2.9= 20 times 20+40%= 28 times.

As you can see here vengeance with absolutely max haste gear beats apoc by only 3 swings per minute. When you add to the fact that apoc also can have DA from brutal earring and the fact the base damage is so much higher you see that is no way in hell vengeance is anywhere remotely close.

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 19:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Quote:

Doesnt require that 1 store TP cause guilliotine yields back more than one hit worth of TP herpderp. You can gear it for a natural six it, and should because brutal earring is enough, however its not needed.

Why would you not use heca head/feet in catastrophe? You do realize there is plenty of time to macro it off before slow would have any impact. Please don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks you only stack ATK for relic weaponskills. It is retardedly simple to cap PDif on most mobs with buffs, capping FSTR is another case and you should use more strength gear as a result.

You don't need to choose, Ares, Onyx Legs/hands/feet And Orchelm/Nocturns all have STR and Attack.

Herpderderp for Hecatomb on Catastrophe, I'm sorry, but there's no way you remove it in time if you get your "Proper Buffs", 100%, or I'd even wager 50% of the time. It's the absolution of stupidity with the Apocalypse Scythe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's funny cause you know, I have an apocalypse and I do it on a constant basis lol. You do know you dont have to have the gear on for the entire WS animation right?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 19:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
That's funny cause you know, I have an apocalypse and I do it on a constant basis lol. You do know you dont have to have the gear on for the entire WS animation right?

Don't need an Apocalypse to see it happen, regardless of how fast you switch your gear out. There is this thing called "Ping" that means your reaction speed will always have a margin of error. Sorry to be the Bad News Bear.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-10 19:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 "I'm too pro for ping"
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 19:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
inb4 "I'm too pro for ping"

inorite?!

Like I said, it doesn't even come down to Choosing STR V Attack, because DRK has amazing options that include both.

Meant Maat's cap, not Orchat. Actually doing that SCNM right now so It's on my mind XD
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 19:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

wow. I have been trolled out of this thread by fail. You can't teach the unteachable good luck.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 20:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose observable facts are the one thing that trolls consider trolling?

Maybe now this thread can be about Infernal Scythe and not "Feh, I has relic, I better than everyone."

INFERNAL SCYTHE IS GONNA BE ROX, LIKE TWO THINGS COME OUT OF THE DARKNESS OF HELL TO MAKE DMG, SO COOL LOLOL!!!!!!!!ELEVENONE!!111!1!
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 21:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I suppose observable facts are the one thing that trolls consider trolling? Maybe now this thread can be about Infernal Scythe and not "Feh, I has relic, I better than everyone." INFERNAL SCYTHE IS GONNA BE ROX, LIKE TWO THINGS COME OUT OF THE DARKNESS OF HELL TO MAKE DMG, SO COOL LOLOL!!!!!!!!ELEVENONE!!111!1!

I don't think anyone once said anything about anyone being better than anyone else. Somebody made an observation saying the OAT scythe is near as good as apocalypse and I did the math to show why it isn't. I then remarked that hecatomb is still useful for catastrophe and you argued that it was not because you lag in the game and thus will swing with slow on. I personally have never encountered this but I suppose I also can't disprove it because I have no way to test swing timers down to the seconds beyond graphc animations.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-10 21:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i simply looked at Samurai's gear set and noticed Perdu Scythe no attempt at making up for the low delay to maintain a 6hit, look at me gear sets, i know what i'm doing, i'm not a moron, but by any extent Excelior your criticism over what Apoc is meant to be used is kinda silly since you've only had it a week/haven't done trial/haven't obtained proper gear to maximize its potential and so on, heca harness is not good for cata just sayin..... and I hope this new WS is a good viable option for Scythe vs. HNM, and if you argue BUFF YOUR DD's, fill those spots with BLMs >.> Ixion use DRGs :)
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-10 22:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
i simply looked at Samurai's gear set and noticed Perdu Scythe no attempt at making up for the low delay to maintain a 6hit, look at me gear sets, i know what i'm doing, i'm not a moron, but by any extent Excelior your criticism over what Apoc is meant to be used is kinda silly since you've only had it a week/haven't done trial/haven't obtained proper gear to maximize its potential and so on, heca harness is not good for cata just sayin..... and I hope this new WS is a good viable option for Scythe vs. HNM, and if you argue BUFF YOUR DD's, fill those spots with BLMs >.> Ixion use DRGs :)

My bad I assumed you were referencing his scythe he has on atm(528) delay.

I've had apoc from awhile lol, trust me I know what I'm doing but this isnt the place to engage in an epeen argument over something dumb. I also can't really say anything looking at your gear, I see a lot of people with that quality of gear who still dont use aftermath correctly. Personally I play drk as more of a tank than a DD. IDK what you do with yours but I come drk tank to most of my LSs HNM. Anyways, DDs are so limited on HNM regardless. The only HNM I ever see LSs use any real melee on is cerberus. (not counting KV) I once contemplated selling off my apoc currency to make a rediculous blm and figured I'd be more useful to most LSs but alas....

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-10 22:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not get this moved to the flame core now, won't do any good to DRK's emo stereotype.

I just wonder now what Job Level and what Skill Level these new Weapon Skills become available at. following the 5skill-lvl that A+ weapons have right now, at Lv.80 It'd end at 301.

I agree, the power of the Vengeance is very much overexaggerated. As I said, the Player skill factor was likely the reason that it parsed so closely to an Apocalypse. If you want Broken OAT, do an Isatu... I finished mine, and jesus... No more lolnin, that's all I got to say XD

Seemingly the OAT single handed weapons provide a much more profound boost. The Punisher Axe I also have has emasculated a few Greataxe WAR/SAM, granted I also have A Pet attacking, and my BST is a little more than humbly equipped, but that's still not something you really see a lot.

If you have responsible Melee's, you can generally melee anything safely til around 25%, when they start to go into TP frenzy and use TP at 100% always. This is when the additional Damage/Tpgain ratio of high power spells becomes the safe alternative. Also, Smart DD's know when to turn. take 3-4 consecutive wings on Nid, prolly time to turn. Just drew hate on Dark Ixion, prolly time to Turn (And activate seigan/eye and pray for no *** 1 anticipate)
If SE would program a little fairness into the game, like give mobs the same 2tp we got for being struck, Melee wouldn't be a problem.. But nooo, they get tp+3 (Before subtleblow/StoreTP is factored in)
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-11 00:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to take a stab out in the dark and say...new weaponskill will be achieved every +25~40skill points :D
and...OAT scythe will never beat apoc. cuz apoc occaisionally will do x2 dmg :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-11 13:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

Except that with Samuraiking's Perdu Sickle, which has a 501 delay... all he really needs is 21 StoreTP... if he's using Guillotine and can land at least 3hits on the WS.

Quoting myself from another DRK thread(which was about DRK scythes) on these same ffxiah forums:

Quetzacoatl.Giazz said:
Yes, taking for example Perdu sickle with 501 delay...you get 13.6 TP with each hit(with zero StoreTP); for a true 6hit build/5hit rebuild you would need at least 23StoreTP for TP and 22 StoreTP for WS; however, with a multi-hit WS like Guillotine this is not really necessary.

You get 13.6 TP on the first hit of Guillotine and all the other hits give you 1 TP returns, again, with zero StoreTP. Also, StoreTP not only applies to the first hit of a multi-hit WS but also on the extra hits as well.

Using the standard /sam, rajas ring, and brutal earring for 21 StoreTP for TP and WS...you will get a TP return, after a WS, of 20TP if you land 4 hits on guillotine.(you can also get ~21-22 TP returns with double attack etc.)

The 20TP return on WS is done by: 13.6 * .21 = 16.4 for the first guillotine hit, then the last 3 are one TP each, so 3 * .21 = 3.6...then it's 16.4TP + 3.6TP which = 20TP.

So you would do, 13.6 *.21 + 13.6 = 16.4TP * 5 hits = 82TP, 20TP from WS and then add 82TP from the 5 hits = 102 TP.

Also, if you land at least 3 WS hits(need to land the first one and any 2 others, since the first hit gives the highest TP return), you will get 82TP for 5 melee hits then do + 18.8TP from WS TP, which = 100.8 TP...so yes, you can still just do a "pseudo 501 delay 6hit build" with only 21StoreTP.

It would be a 7hit build/5hit rebuild with 21StoreTP with a 501 delay weapon using a multi-hit WS like Guillotine and landing at least 3 hits; however, with /sam meditate you never really start a fight with 0%TP ...and pink colibri aren't the only mobs in the game.

I suppose if you really want/need the "true 6hit" with 501 delay you can put on a Rose strap, but I'm just pointing out that he does have a "Pseudo 501 delay 6hit build", which works fine for a lot of things. Just saying.

Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-11 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*** don't know about my additional miss tolerance.

Because I HATE 99TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-11 14:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
*** don't know about my additional miss tolerance.

Because I HATE 99TP.

Not bad, though on your section labeled "501 Delay Scythes (Moliones's, Perdu) and Naglering:"

You have: "True 6-hit @ +23 sTP, Miss-Tolerant Tech WS @ +9 sTP"

Which that much really is true; however, you also need +22 StoreTP for WS for a "true 6hit/5hit rebuild". If you only have +23STP for TP and +21STP for WS, you still won't have a "true 6hit build/5hit rebuild", specially with Naglering with a 1-hit WS.

Just saying you might want to add the +22STP for WS heh.

Edit:

Also, on your STP guide you said:
Diabolos.Raelia/Raelix said:
Algol
# True 6-hit @ +27 sTP
Subduer
# True 7-hit @ +27 sTP

While that is true to an extent, what you really need exactly is:

Algol- true 6-hit/5hit rebuild: +27StoreTP for TP and +25StoreTP for WS, OR +28StoreTP for TP and +22StoreTP for WS.

Subduer(or any other 444 delay weapon for that matter)- true 7-hit/6hit rebuild: +27StoreTP for TP and +26StoreTP for WS, OR +28StoreTP for Tp and +21StoreTP for WS.

By Lynxblade 2010-07-05 13:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SO.......um yeah.......
about the ws anyways...

infernal scythe: dark magic elemental dmg, and lowers attack.... did it today on easy prey colibri /bunnies
did like 250,

tried it with relic body/moldy earing, (thought matck bonus might help), did like 330....

maybee it will be better fighting light based mobs...or /thf idk

was very disapointed ;;
 Alexander.Hiep
Server: Alexander
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2010-07-06 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know the modifiers yet? or what gorget affects it?
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-06 11:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just saw infernal scythe thread here. Breezed over it, looks like this turned into a relic/mytrhic thread. Anyone actually interested in infernal scythe. I won't give away the secret, but the ws is not about damage...its got a special ability that no other ws has...that i've seen so far. Its not super useful but theres a time and place for it. Happy hunting.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-07-07 08:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's rumored that the attk down on Infernal Scythe is -75%. Can anyone confirm this?
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-07-07 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
So I just saw infernal scythe thread here. Breezed over it, looks like this turned into a relic/mytrhic thread. Anyone actually interested in infernal scythe. I won't give away the secret, but the ws is not about damage...its got a special ability that no other ws has...that i've seen so far. Its not super useful but theres a time and place for it. Happy hunting.

ya, let's not do anything to help out ppl so they will quit trying to figure it out. If you know what it does and it's use then just say. Otherwise you are just adding to all of this. It's not like you are giving away your special farming spot or something. surprise yourself and do something nice. I am a drk and i want to know. just PM me then if you don't want to share with the world. d~(^.0)~b
 Cerberus.Krazykarl
user: Krazykarl
By Cerberus.Krazykarl 2010-07-07 10:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Hiep said:
anyone know the modifiers yet? or what gorget affects it?

From initial testing the modifiers for Infernal Scythe appear to be INT and MAB. INT was confirmed by using an Absorb-INT before use a second time. However the boost didn't warrant the use of the absorb. When tested for the first time, it appeared to give a flat out 300 damage. This was done on an EP crab in Kuftal Tunnel. once the absorb-INT was used this was boosted to 317.

I'm curious to the rumour of how much Attack Down does occur though, its definitely something that has perked my interest and could be useful situationally depending on how much it takes down. Whether the boost to INT also strengthens the effect would need to be tested.