First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Excelior
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-06-06 21:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Excelior used to be a gimp Gsword drk who shunned scythes until I showed him the way. I always outparsed him and he was always talking ***, he just doesn't know how to use drk. I wouldn't waste time with his trolling tbh. inb4 he starts talking ***like he's famous for. I would literally ignore anything he says from this point forward. He's a joke on gilgamesh and server hopped. I heard he's also going for an apoc when he doesn't even have Ebody lol. I'm not sure he has justice either.

Nah I finished apoc. I do not have Ebody I chalk that up to siding with the wrong people in HNM(xerxes). Hauberk+1 is not far off from ebody in most situations so don't mistake.
Also justice torque is trash in situations where you're not capped accuracy and you would WS in a gorget not justice torque. I think its funny you insult me based on something that happend over 3 years ago. I have actualy done research and progressed rather far.

The difference in haste is also big. Samurai can reach 25.5% haste. Non-apoc is about 22% haste completely maxed out. Warrior sacrifices nothing to each the haste cap and neither does samurai. The returns on 3% haste at high haste values is very high to the point in which non-apoc drk wouldn't come close at all.

[+]
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-06-06 21:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Simply put, being a DRK DD means you can't be an idiot. Even with Apoc, being a moron could mean you parse below an Onimaru SAM. All it takes is using Hecatomb On Catastrophe (A mistake already, but more damning...->) and not taking your gear off in time, to lose 3-5 attack turns.

No, DRK is not a more powerful Damage Dealer than equally skilled and equally geared Samurai's and Warriors, but frankly, they're not really meant to be. I will always hold fast to the notion that Stun alone makes them more valuable than either of the aforementioned jobs, on top of their ability to tank without the need to inflict damage, as well as Effectively (With merits and a decent gearset) Enfeeble targets. (DRK with Enfeeble set = Lifesaver in Limbus/Nyzul). Having a Dark Knight in the group (A good one anyway) affords you a backup plan that neither Warrior or Samurai can fulfill. What the job(s) future entails, only Square knows.

this is sooo true. nowadays with the lack of players around,
drk shine's for its versitilty that war and sam can lack. But having said that, if i want somthing dead "NOW" and have the support needed... ill change to war.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-06 21:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai only reach the 25 haste cap with /drg, which refers to merits. The game does not revolve around meriting... otherwise sam reach 20% on average, 19% average with usu feet or 22% average with usu feet, pimped and not using aces which is -1. SAM use /war for events, or /thf for lolgods and such, not /drg.

*** meriting.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-06 21:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/WAR is pole arm only, or you're lacking a Wyvern Earring.

Get that SAM/WAR with GKT ***out of here.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-06-06 21:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My Ls uses /drg for pretty much everything. It makes a huge difference in einherjar especially with triple bard rotations the entire 30 minutes. Gods you don't really need /thf, with buffs you can achieve high enough attack bonus to circumvent the need for sneak attack. In this instance you would use /war. This will increase your damage by a lot. It isn't very hard to reach an acceptable Pdif level vs them.

I will agree overall though that many parses and ***are off because people parse mostly merit parties. There are situations where drk will overcome other DDs. My LS uses souleater to kill tiamat when he's on the ground for example. That will way out parse any samurai. I also hope samurais use turban not ace's helm. 1% haste > 7 accuracy when buffed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-06 22:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:
I also hope samurais use turban not ace's helm. 1% haste > 7 accuracy when buffed.

Tired and neverending argument. It shows up on every thread, I swear!
[+]
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-06-06 22:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not really an argument its pretty much fact lol. Anyways I didn't mean to be cliche D:
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-06 22:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's a fact ~95% of the players in the game don't have 3 BRD rotation songs or THF rotation to keep Feint on a mob.
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-06-06 22:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna need that 7acc in about 3 weeks, when we are exping on god knows what xD
[+]
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-06-06 22:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you guys miss the concept but its late and I dont wanna explain. There are many charts/tools/mathmatics around that point to the conclusion made above. Basically going +1% increase in accuracy is +1% damage over time. +1% haste is more than 1% increase damage over time. Unless the accuracy you're adding adds a higher % than that haste then it is not better than turban. It is all relative however, the more haste you already have the harder it will be for the accuracy to beat it.
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-06-06 23:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the coolest thing about the new lvl caps is, that hopefully we wont have to see all the discussion's over 1% this +2 that.. blah blah 99% of the time its not the 1%'s and +2's that win parse's its how the player plays.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-06 23:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to FFXi thank Pink Birdies and Penta Thrust.

This thread was supposed to be a discussion/speculation of what would make Infernal Scythe a valuable addition to Dark Knight's ordinance package. not LOLMYSAM OUTPARSE U LOOOLOLOLNOOBLOLOLOOLOLOL!!!!11111oneone11!!!11eleven

I think everyone with under 300m gets the clue, Relic weapons are still the best. Moving on.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-06 23:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But 1% doesn't beat 3.5%.

You're also forgetting the part where ACC yields higher damage increases the lower your ACC is.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-07 03:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway! moving this thread back to its original track. Would it of killed SE to make entirely different WS? I mean all of the "new" ws are just remakes of old WS. Obviously Infernal Scythe = Vorpal Scythe only with little antlion pincer thingies.

That being said, i'd be happy with an atomic bomb animation, kthnx @~@
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-06-07 06:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Anyway! moving this thread back to its original track. Would it of killed SE to make entirely different WS? I mean all of the "new" ws are just remakes of old WS. Obviously Infernal Scythe = Vorpal Scythe only with little antlion pincer thingies.

I bet they blame ps2 limitations (which is actually server limitations, lol).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-07 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Actually it's Catastrophe but I agree, they need new motions. I didn't like the pincer thingies because quite frankly, what the *** is that.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-07 10:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Last Resort is overpowered as-is, honestly. When merits are capped. And idk about you, maybe you just have bad experiences with DRKs, but even when my gear was fairly bad and I missed one or two hits per WS, I still averaged close to my fellow party members on Mamool Ja and/or Puks. 800 or so (WSing in NQ Haubergeon and no Hecatomb), with spikes up to 1200.

If your dd are averaging anywhere near 800 on ws, they are very, very bad.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-07 10:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what would be cool? If this thing had magic based damage on par with cross reaper but was Liquefaction and Compression based. I can dig that.

Edit: Or maybe get this, what if these weapon skills are "melee nukes". melee attacks that count as magic damage and have no place on the skill chain chart BUT can magic burst off of skillchains! That would be hot and would help us work off of the sam's and blu's soloing their skillchains saying "F' all" to the rest of us.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-07 22:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be great if this was like primal rend..
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-07 23:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He's got an Apoc but wears 17% in haste gear. I think that classifies him pretty well to those of us who know what the *** we're talking about.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 23:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that 17% Haste gear+Apoc is bad?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-07 23:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying Lern2Aftermath.

Edit: Nvm, he only has Bec. Silly me.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 00:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually he finished Apoc.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-08 00:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
If your dd are averaging anywhere near 800 on ws, they are very, very bad.

on the flip side of Scythe/gkt poor on birds PA is not to shithot on mamool. *** are too hard to crit reliably with drakes. I should go test my drg out on mamool but last time i just hated it.

And apart from lack of being able to sleep the mobs after, if your WS is anything like D.Shantotto's ws it will rock. No player can land plague and ***with a WS.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-06-08 07:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
I'm saying Lern2Aftermath. Edit: Nvm, he only has Bec. Silly me.

That's my hades gear lol. When in aftermath I use
Apoc10%
aces helm 4%
Homam hands 3%
Swift belt 4%
Homam legs 3%
Aurum feet 2%
Total 26%->25.5%

I like how you look up gear on ffxi and assume ***lol.
I guess you probably think I TP in Wlegs and Ares body.

nvm looked you up on ffxiah, you're trash no point in arguing with you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-08 19:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on this scythe for DRK?

Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-06-08 19:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Absolutely yes and I don't even know what It's gonna have.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Looks too much like a staff, I'll have to see it in-game. I like that it looks different, but still..
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-06-08 19:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Looks too much like a staff, I'll have to see it in-game. I like that it looks different, but still..
It looks like a colibri's beak.
And that's not a bad thing
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 20:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but think of Red Dead Redemption when I look at it.

It's Red.
It makes ***Dead.
And it's named Redemption.