First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-06-08 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i think its small.....

like look at the other weapons and the scythes blade is so tiny compared to all the other ones
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-06-08 20:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

it kinda looks like a sliver from MTG >.> get that ***outa here SE!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 20:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the colors but it's *** short for a scythe.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-06-08 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I like the colors but it's *** short for a scythe.

yay finally someone who see's what i am saying lol.

I really hope in game its bigger, and its just the angle its at ; ;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 21:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A scythe that can't cut ***isn't worth having!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-08 23:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

martial scythe for new ws maybe :D ? (just for a short time)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-09 01:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

You're kidding right?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-09 01:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

You're kidding right?
Kidding about what? Unless you know the exact fTP mods, you cna't criticize anyone else for theorizing that a Hagun-esque weapon might have a good return on a WS that's one-hit and potentially STR-modded.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-06-09 02:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

You're kidding right?
Kidding about what? Unless you know the exact fTP mods, you cna't criticize anyone else for theorizing that a Hagun-esque weapon might have a good return on a WS that's one-hit and potentially STR-modded.

I was referring to something else related but not really about the new scythe WS (if that makes any sense), but never mind, I won't go there... carry on.

Edit:

For the record though and to get on topic, I do hope that this new WS is good, damage wise or that it will at least have some special utility, though I'm kinda hoping more for the former. I don't think it's too much to ask to finally get something on par or better than guillotine. Insurgency had the utility of letting you do light SC with scythe but yeah... and damage wise Insurgency was/is inferior to Guillotine.

We'll see...
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-09 17:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that the Scythe Redemption is the final stage of the Magian Trial weapons. The augs you go for will change the way this scythe works. Still have to wait and see how the new WS plays out. This is why I am waiting before I decide what scythe trial to take up from the Moogles.

Edit: even if its a bad *** WS, I can't get over how ugly the animations looks :<
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 17:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Keep in mind that the Scythe Redemption is the final stage of the Magian Trial weapons. The augs you go for will change the way this scythe works. Still have to wait and see how the new WS plays out. This is why I am waiting before I decide what scythe trial to take up from the Moogles.

Keep in mind something that is not confirmed or denied, and supported by circumstantial evidence?

My ranking of likelyhood of what these Empyrean Weapons are (And, just like you, I really have no clue)

1.Add on Scenario Battle Reward and Magian Addition: (Base rewarded for completed the Battle Scenario, upgraded through Magian Trials)

2.Additional Stages of Existing Magian Weapon (Obviously the OAT's would be the prime canditate for the starting point)

3.Simply Battle scenario rewards, with locked stats.

4. "New" relics.

5. Nipple donkey.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-09 17:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Keep in mind something that is not confirmed or denied, and supported by circumstantial evidence?

My ranking of likelyhood of what these Empyrean Weapons are (And, just like you, I really have no clue)

1.Add on Scenario Battle Reward and Magian Addition: (Base rewarded for completed the Battle Scenario, upgraded through Magian Trials)

2.Additional Stages of Existing Magian Weapon (Obviously the OAT's would be the prime canditate for the starting point)

4. "New" relics.

5. Nipple donkey.

lol i vote no.5

If indeed we can aug them thru Magian Trials, that would be sweet. I am going to be disappointed if they are battle scenario rewards with locked stats. I don't think they're new relics, wouldn't it make more sense to release them at the end of the last scenario?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 17:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

4. "New" relics.

5. Nipple donkey.

lol i vote no.5

If indeed we can aug them thru Magian Trials, that would be sweet. I am going to be disappointed if they are battle scenario rewards with locked stats. I don't think they're new relics, wouldn't it make more sense to release them at the end of the last scenario?

As long as they aren't new Relics, I'll be happy. And I say that as a stance from a Non-relic holder. We don't need anything more powerful than the Relic weapons (Especially considering the investment) but at the same time, I think the time has come where the every man could be given an 8 or 9 to the Relic's 10 (if that makes any sense).

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 18:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics were equal more or less to relics just the stats were in a different direction from pure dmg, so while they COULD add a unique new set of relics I'd prefer it to be a magian or stand alone drop.

Judging from the mythics being job specific, it seems like a new relic set would follow the same suite, and it didn't show 3 different swords for blu/pld/rdm. If anything it looks like it would be where you can choose the stats. I'm thinking either an end result to magians OR more likely a reward for completing abbysea like the other addons were augmented armor, this will be augmented weapons.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 19:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Mythics were equal more or less to relics just the stats were in a different direction from pure dmg, so while they COULD add a unique new set of relics I'd prefer it to be a magian or stand alone drop.

Judging from the mythics being job specific, it seems like a new relic set would follow the same suite, and it didn't show 3 different swords for blu/pld/rdm. If anything it looks like it would be where you can choose the stats. I'm thinking either an end result to magians OR more likely a reward for completing abbysea like the other addons were augmented armor, this will be augmented weapons.

The Issue with Mythics, is they are fit for a role their respective job doesn't play.

Liberator -> Enfeebler/DD Hybrid (Generally Poor Magic Options)

Kogarusamura -> Tanking(?) (No means to raise enmity without damage)

Conquerer -> Pure Damage. (Bravura does it better, and adds a Damage Reduction and Debuffs to the mix)

Laevatinn -> Still Inferior to HQ Staves. ES used for Landing Debuffs, not Nukes (99.9999% of the time)

Glanzfaust -> Looooooooooooooooooooolwut?! (Srsly, Lolwut? Spharai .25)

Just some examples, I could go onto everything with a few key exceptions.

Burtgang -> Doesn't change PLD, but Helps it tank easier.

Nirvana -> Merit BP goodness.

New Jobs: -> Nothin to compare to lolwat?

Really, one simple thing would have made the Mythics amazing, and that thing was "Don't *** up the aftermath" yet they did, profoundly.

Aftermath Should have been, Grants and Atk/Acc/OAT rate bonus varying on TP, not 100->Acc->200->Atk->300->OAT.

Or make Colibri drop Alexandrite so the cost isn't 70% of a Retail Price relic.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 19:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't trying to say mythics were good, was just saying most of them TRIED to have a more stat and job based purpose to them, so they weren't useless, though I'd never buy one. That was leading to the point of me saying IF they were adding new relics they would prolly follow the job specific suite as opposed to what relics did with mixed jobs on some of them. Meaning these new weapons probably arent new relics.

With SE there's just no telling, I'm just trying to make a reasonable assumption, but it's not like most of the ***they do is reasonable...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 19:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope SE gives the weapons some good stats and a good aftermath so they're at least comparable (if they're as time consuming to get as a normal relic) or somewhat close in damage (if they aren't).
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 19:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't trying to say mythics were good, was just saying most of them TRIED to have a more stat and job based purpose to them, so they weren't useless, though I'd never buy one. That was leading to the point of me saying IF they were adding new relics they would prolly follow the job specific suite as opposed to what relics did with mixed jobs on some of them. Meaning these new weapons probably arent new relics.

With SE there's just no telling, I'm just trying to make a reasonable assumption, but it's not like most of the ***they do is reasonable...

I derped and skipped a line, but I stand by my comment of lolmythics regardless of if it made sense in any context!

I thought the same too, but Also, a bigger damning factor to the 'OMG NEW RELICS DAWG' is, why would they release new relics, when the new "Permanent" level cap isn't even here. It wouldn't make sense until lv.99. That way, they can hook people for the journey from 76 to 99, and then hook some more for the journey from Having soul -> Sold Soul -> Give Handjobs for Gil -> New Relic!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 19:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want something to beat a relic, but something that is similar, a -1 if you will would be nice. This ***is not fun to do, I hate these magian quests, I have to devote whole days to knock out some of the 6+ hour pop NMs... That's just for the dmg weapons, not even going to start on the OAT ***.

It will be worth it to be able to(eventually) make Redemption if that's how you get it. That's a sweet looking scythe that is going to be massive on a Galka I hope.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 19:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian trials are so ***, they need some drops or craftable options as well.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 20:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Making useless NMs like Au Puch and Doggueugagakashd(sp?) take up to 6hours when they drop near useless items, at least ones no one will pay a lot for is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Especially when you make them part of the magian quests.

I applaud them for letting everyone team up in a party/alliance for it, I would have killed them if you had to fight for claims, but that doesn't make up for the NMs being ***.

I understand the OAT ones being harder, they are about as they should be, i'm only complaining because i'm too lazy to get 6-12 ppl for the T3s and kill them 10 times. The VNM system is just *** up and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for me to put any effort into it.

However, that being said the dmg weapon and stat ones don't need to be so gay. They could add more weather options and cut the kill number in half. Make the NMs spawn faster as well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 20:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only problem I have with the weapons are the *** VNMs, why do I have to kill 12 NMs for something with 3-6 more base damage (Scythe and GA) when they could cut that in half since not everyone has the time or will to do those. For OATs I'd just buy the items but that adds up to 1.5-2m. May not be that much but not everyone has it for a weapon.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 20:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think the OAT are the easiest to complete (Prepares for massive Rate-down baaawfest), they may actually take the longest, but in terms of real difficulty, the hardest part is evolving the Colorful abyssite to the TIII you want/need. I am an old-goat in an LS with talented members though, so Age/mutual desire for help push that along.

If I could give you one tip to make OAT's It's try and get your own TIII pop item, and "Merc" out the ring/synth mats for the (Ex) drop. If it's not a *** LS who'll just despawn it when they don't see a shadow, it shouldn't be too bad. Most TII are Solo'able by a Mage/Nin (Shoggoth, Skuld and Urd I'm not sure about)

Urd can be taken down easily by a Party of Four though. Red Mage, Bard and Two Samurai's are enough (One Samurai could do it, but if you get unlucky bind->Trance you're in trouble). <Assuming You'd be interested in Vengeance since this is a DRK forum>

The Hardest*(By actual effort involved) are easily the Elemental Oriented ones. The ATK+ Severance was a *** Nightmare from Start to finish, particularly bad was the Second stage Raptors... I didn't think it was going to be "HOLY ***AWESOME" I just figured, sweet, Perdu Sickle with win dmg... And then felt compelled to take it to completion. On paper, it seemed Easier than Ultimatum. I still manage to come out on top of any Ultimatum DRK I've parsed with, but that is probably merits or simple things like not letting me get a swing in while still wearing Hecatomb armor, rather than the weapon itself.

Winner of most *** trial is definitely 150dmg killshot on EP Slime with Thunder Damage... What the mother *** ***?! But the Staff is Better than Jupiters (Since Jupiters is ONLY used for it's Damage output) so I guess they had to justify *** another craft in the anus.

Just a note to be on topic, if this Infernal Scythe is like Primal Rend, the OAT Scythe might be even more powerful. I think Vengeance Guillotines Avrg around 900 or so, compared to an Ultimatum's ~1400 ish. Infernal Scythe gets anywhere near the 1k mark... Oh boy...

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 20:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT is undeniably going to be the strongest. I just cba to get 6-12 ppl together depending on the OAT weapon I pick. If you have 6-12 ppl that are bored as hell ALL the time and willing to go do anything then *** yes, the OAT is for you and will be easy as hell.

Ultimatum just seems the easiest to me, I just need to be at the pc in like 10mins intervals and can afk like I usually do otherwise. I by no means think it's going to touch OAT though, and I just don't wanna kill 200 qutrubs/flans for the str/atk or dex/acc scythe. Me being lazy is the reason i'm not complaining about the OAT quests.

No comment really on Infernal. I've geared up my Guillotine set to almost perfect, would be a shame to rarely get use out of it.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-09 20:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT is undeniably going to be the strongest. I just cba to get 6-12 ppl together depending on the OAT weapon I pick. If you have 6-12 ppl that are bored as hell ALL the time and willing to go do anything then *** yes, the OAT is for you and will be easy as hell.
Gap between the 105 and OAT closes the more haste you have, up to about dead-equal near cap. This has to do with the 2 seconds lost per WS.

Its undeniable that OAT is better, just greatly exaggerated per how much.

Debating the ***out of it over here
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 20:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimatum just seems the easiest to me, I just need to be at the pc in like 10mins intervals and can afk like I usually do otherwise. I by no means think it's going to touch OAT though, and I just don't wanna kill 200 qutrubs/flans for the str/atk or dex/acc scythe. Me being lazy is the reason i'm not complaining about the OAT quests.

No comment really on Infernal. I've geared up my Guillotine set to almost perfect, would be a shame to rarely get use out of it.

You forgot to add in "Kill 200 qutrubs/flans on Lightning/Firesday only" ~_~

With how much more effort those require, one would think the return is better. Who knows, maybe with the next upgrade, Kill Nidhogg 50 times in Lightning Weather to get +1 Lightning damage gooooo!
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-09 21:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol thnx for link, dunno if I wanna read the drama for it though. Hell, if that's true though even better, makes my Ultimatum not too gimp.

Also yeah, I forgot the weather... There aren't even any qutrub/flans you can solo either.(that I know of) You would think they would make them soloable on one stage so that jobs like BST and PUP don't have to team up to do their own. You know how SE loves to exclude BST from the game as much as possible, though they have given PUP some nice buffs it's not really to be lumped in BST group anymore.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 21:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the OATs are a bit better but I'd rather want the Ultimatum/Bonesplitter/Oathkeeper but the VNMs are the things that are stopping me because I don't really have people to help me out with that and I don't wanna shout and have idiots *** it up.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 21:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Bonesplitter trumps the OAT greataxe anyway. Warrior already has something like +25 available Double attack (Gear, merits, job trait).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 21:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a way of doing the VNMs (I have mostly "useless" jobs for them) I'd do a Bonesplitter since I'm mostly on WAR anyway.

If Infernal does ~1k or Guillo-amount I'd definitely use it a lot even if it's ugly.