Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krazykarl said:
Alexander.Hiep said:
anyone know the modifiers yet? or what gorget affects it?
From initial testing the modifiers for Infernal Scythe appear to be INT and MAB. INT was confirmed by using an Absorb-INT before use a second time. However the boost didn't warrant the use of the absorb. When tested for the first time, it appeared to give a flat out 300 damage. This was done on an EP crab in Kuftal Tunnel. once the absorb-INT was used this was boosted to 317. I'm curious to the rumour of how much Attack Down does occur though, its definitely something that has perked my interest and could be useful situationally depending on how much it takes down. Whether the boost to INT also strengthens the effect would need to be tested.

All elemental WSs are modded by INT and MAB. There is a part of the formula which is a ratio of mob INT to your INT and a part of the formula that is your MAB vs mob MDB. Saying this is an INT mod is a bit well uneducated, but yes INT would help it. Most likely there is a true modifier that isn't INT.

Edit:

Damage = (( Lv+2+WSC ) * fTP + fINT ) * Resist * Elemental Staves * Weather * MDIF * Magic Damage Adjustment

WSC contains the WS modifier

fINT is the ratio of your int vs mob int +4 I believe

MDIF is your MAB vs mob MDB
 Cerberus.Krazykarl
user: Krazykarl
By Cerberus.Krazykarl 2010-07-07 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Krazykarl said:
From initial testing the modifiers for Infernal Scythe appear to be INT and MAB. INT was confirmed by using an Absorb-INT before use a second time. However the boost didn't warrant the use of the absorb. When tested for the first time, it appeared to give a flat out 300 damage. This was done on an EP crab in Kuftal Tunnel. once the absorb-INT was used this was boosted to 317. I'm curious to the rumour of how much Attack Down does occur though, its definitely something that has perked my interest and could be useful situationally depending on how much it takes down. Whether the boost to INT also strengthens the effect would need to be tested.

All elemental WSs are modded by INT and MAB. There is a part of the formula which is a ratio of mob INT to your INT and a part of the formula that is your MAB vs mob MDB. Saying this is an INT mod is a bit well uneducated, but yes INT would help it. Most likely there is a true modifier that isn't INT.

Edit:

Damage = (( Lv 2 WSC ) * fTP fINT ) * Resist * Elemental Staves * Weather * MDIF * Magic Damage Adjustment

WSC contains the WS modifier

fINT is the ratio of your int vs mob int 4 I believe

MDIF is your MAB vs mob MDB

That's fine and dandy, but this doesn't really help. I guess the issue is whether there is a modifier at all for the weapon skill outside of the formula.

It is an uneducated guess prehaps, the amount of difference from the absorb-INT does suggest that it's just following the forumla, but I haven't seen any real evidence of people trying it out to confirm that INT is not a direct modifier for this weapon skill.

I will try further testing possibly tomorrow once the maintenance has been completed to see which is the case. If INT isn't a direct modifier then it's possible that there is no modifier whatsoever given the nature of the debuff it provides.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 12:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the fINT has a cap. If you fight EP mobs outside of a city for example you're going to be at that cap. If you absorb INT and it still increases damage then INT may be a modifier. You can absorb other stats there and see if they add more damage as well. My guess is the modifier will be STR because I do about 300 damage with the WS in my catastrophe gear set.