First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Judging from your statement of lol demon helm 1 clearly you don't know anything about nuking. It's the best buyable nuking helm a blm can get. The only things that are gunna beat it are MKE Asa maats cap for dmg. And my equip history is lame scroll over to my blm nukes. I really do nuke in 127 int and 85 MAB on ice with ugg active. How about this. It's about to be windsday. I'll go nuke ice hahah no day or weather and lets see who wins k?

I understand that Demon Helm +1 will give you the highest damage return of any buyable hat. The point is that my BLM has better than that and yet my SCH can still do better nukes.

But have fun going to puddings to satisfy yourself. It doesn't really prove anything since you can't go there on SCH to check out the numbers. I'm certainly to go there to convince you of anything. I'm just bored at work and this thread is providing me with some entertainment.

Maybe I'll take some screenshots one day when I'm already there for exp purposes. Never will I actually take time of my day to go out of my way and try and prove this to FFXIAHtards.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-20 12:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste. That is all!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 12:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Judging from your statement of lol demon helm 1 clearly you don't know anything about nuking. It's the best buyable nuking helm a blm can get. The only things that are gunna beat it are MKE Asa maats cap for dmg. And my equip history is lame scroll over to my blm nukes. I really do nuke in 127 int and 85 MAB on ice with ugg active. How about this. It's about to be windsday. I'll go nuke ice hahah no day or weather and lets see who wins k?

I understand that Demon Helm 1 will give you the highest damage return of any buyable hat. The point is that my BLM has better than that and yet my SCH can still do better nukes.

But have fun going to puddings to satisfy yourself. It doesn't really prove anything since you can't go there on SCH to check out the numbers. I'm certainly to go there to convince you of anything. I'm just bored at work and this thread is providing me with some entertainment.

Maybe I'll take some screenshots one day when I'm already there for exp purposes. Never will I actually take time of my day to go out of my way and try and prove this to FFXIAHtards.
Out of curiosity, are you using Ebullience for these epeen nukes?
 Cerberus.Watanabie
Server: Cerberus
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-20 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I understand that Demon Helm 1 will give you the highest damage return of any buyable hat. The point is that my BLM has better than that and yet my SCH can still do better nukes. But have fun going to puddings to satisfy yourself. It doesn't really prove anything since you can't go there on SCH to check out the numbers. I'm certainly to go there to convince you of anything. I'm just bored at work and this thread is providing me with some entertainment. Maybe I'll take some screenshots one day when I'm already there for exp purposes. Never will I actually take time of my day to go out of my way and try and prove this to FFXIAHtards.
If you Can't prove and don't want to prove then stop arguing, you lose game over. Proof is the only way to win this debate. Dasva clearly showed his proof...Where is yours?!!?
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-20 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is clearly the best.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
@Preluder: If you haven't seen a SCH T4 for 2k on a pudding you haven't played with a good SCH. Done it myself many, many times. Again, level the job yourself before you claim that SCH can't do it.
Without day effects and without outside buffs? I seriously doubt it.

I think your definition of good might be a tad skewed.

A int merited taru sch/rdm has a base 82 int and 20MAB.

Going all out on dmg and using some hard to get peices (excluding expansion augments, ree's headgear novio earring, shrew pumps) And some silly peices like say morgana's for just more dmg but horrible macc you can get another 38MAB and 33int.

Let's add creme puff to make it interesting that would put you up to 122int and 58MAB on thunder IV assuming uggpend active. Puddings have 89 int. Hell we will even assuming day bonus

Dmg = (V + (dINT * M)) *MAB * staff bonus * day/weather bonus * ebullience * mob weakness.

= (541 + (122-89 * 2)) *1.58 *1.15 * 1.2 *1.2 *1.25= 1982. Over 2k dmg where? And this was with best gear outside of augments for dmg on corresponding day without out using an obi and just getting lucky on the procs while nuking in -macc gear and no +skill and very little +macc, using food. So how does a merely "good" sch get over 2k without a bit of help? Again POIDH
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Out of curiosity, why does it even matter?
Quote:
If you Can't prove and don't want to prove then stop arguing, you lose game over. Proof is the only way to win this debate. Dasva clearly showed his proof...Where is yours?!!?

You know, I've had this argument enough times to know that I lost to begin with, because in the past SCHs have posted screenshots with high numbers and the BLMs all freak out and say they must have cheated.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-20 12:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH tier4 nukes cannot outdamage AM2 nukes <_< Saying that is just being an idiot and trolling, SCH however can outnuke tier4's with ebuilence, but who cares, parsimony is almost ALWAYS better.

edit:AM2 is situational and shouldn't be used as your standard nuke anyways, tier4's are much more mp/damage effecient.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 12:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I understand that Demon Helm 1 will give you the highest damage return of any buyable hat. The point is that my BLM has better than that and yet my SCH can still do better nukes.

But have fun going to puddings to satisfy yourself. It doesn't really prove anything since you can't go there on SCH to check out the numbers. I'm certainly to go there to convince you of anything.

I'm just bored at work and this thread is providing me with some entertainment. Maybe I'll take some screenshots one day when I'm already there for exp purposes. Never will I actually take time of my day to go out of my way and try and prove this to FFXIAHtards.
I don't have acess to the better ones and with lvl cap increase I don't really want to go thru the effort/money of getting SCNM and maats cap is a long ways away and well 15wsacc is just too good to waste MKE on blm.

Lol read I'm a troll who likes to spout nonsense and gets scared when asked to back it up. Clearly you can't nuke better.

Heres mine btw... I'll come back in about 30 min for iceday funness.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 12:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Quote:
You know, I've had this argument enough times to know that I lost to begin with, because in the past SCHs have posted screenshots with high numbers and the BLMs all freak out and say they must have cheated.
Yeah you know why cause the best sch T4 nuke was around the same as the best blm T4 nuke. Forget AM2. And even then not a single sch was willing to take a SS showing there buffs and all of them were in a pt making things questionable in the very least. This happens every time. NO sch wants to submit real proof cause they know they are wrong. The numbers don't lie
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 12:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Out of curiosity, why does it even matter?
Because if you are, it more or less nullifies your results. While it is technically more damage, we all know it's the less effective approach and has no application outside of epeening. Full damage BLM sets on the other hand apply anywhere you're not getting resisted.

EDIT: Further, you can't use it on every single nuke.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 13:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's iceday incase you actually get the courage up to compare and then try to get day with your weather. With and w/o spirit lantern.

Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that you completely contradict yourself when you say Ebullience's ONLY application is epeening.

You are basically arguing that MP efficiency is, in all situations, preferable to high damage nukes. And yet you are also arguing that BLM is a better nuker than SCH, with your AM2 nukes which cost 300 MP and don't do a tonne more damage than a SCH's T4. Give me a break.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 13:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha Dasva.

It has nothing to do with courage. It has everything to do with the fact that I have better things to do with my free time than go out of my way to prove something to you.

But I'm getting huge kicks out of how much time you're investing into trying to show a BLM with better gear than you that you can nuke hard.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
But I'm getting huge kicks out of how much time you're investing into trying to show a BLM with better gear than you that you can nuke hard.
Yeah I call BS on that better gear then me thing too lol. Probably also something else you are too afraid to prove
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 13:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can tell you is check my equip history. I don't have access to the game right now.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-20 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet Seraweels
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 13:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Your equip history is rather large and full of stuff.

From what I can tell though it looks like the main difference is using MKE helm over demon helm +1 though cant really tell the augments on it. But generally even if you go for full dmg is only marginally higher dmg and if you don't well about the same dmg. Oh yeah and lol jet seerweels...

Seeing as I haven't played on blm in awhile my equip history that you are seeing is mostly the random mage gear for my blu for like when I use a few magical blu spells lol

Here's my real nuking gear mind you the NQ weskit has 3 int on it. Yeah I know it can get more but that and the 2int one was the best I've gotten in over 60 tries. And obviously obis for day/weather and af2 pants for day and ugg for when that's active etc.

Mind you even small differences in gear will most likely be made up in my base int of 85. Unless you too are an int merited taru.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 13:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am indeed a fully INT merited taru.

Your gear is rather the same except that I have Genie Weskit, AMKD Helm, ASA pants (and Zenith Mitts but that doesn't affect damage at all vs. Viscous Mufflers).
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
I am indeed a fully INT merited taru.

Your gear is rather the same except that I have Genie Weskit, AMKD Helm, ASA pants

So assuming you went int/mab/macc on helm and mab/macc on legs that would be 7 more MAB and 13 less int. Which would put you at slightly more on AM2 and slightly less on T4.

Or if you did the 6int 2macc/fastcast on helm and mab/macc on legs that would be 5 more MAB and 9 less int. Again same thing.

More of sidegrades then anything. Well your pants will always be at least slightly better for dmg the head will be about the same depending on what you put on it and which nuke and my body will be slightly better no matter what. Hardly what I'd call better geared blm.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-20 13:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when my gear was terrible. It's a bit better now but will never be perfect.

This is the kind of damage I do now, or did 3 months ago when I quit playing.

Naturally, it's all solo, with food, off day/Matching weather, Ebullience.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-20 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just saying my lvl 37 sch will out dmg my full merited blm and I don't need SS to prove it because I say so..thats just how bad *** sch is.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-20 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Haha Dasva.

It has nothing to do with courage. It has everything to do with the fact that I have better things to do with my free time than go out of my way to prove something to you.

lolz
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Ya know doing the math that blms dmg works out perfectly... if he was using the gear you show. Ie using aquilos on thunder IV.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-20 14:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Ya know doing the math that blms dmg works out perfectly... if he was using the gear you show. Ie using aquilos on thunder IV.
LOL Never noticed that. Should be around 1630~ or so, right?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-20 14:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I took the gear screenshot like half an hour after taking the damage screenshot. So they weren't from the same nukes. And he was JP so I couldn't get his cooperation or anything anyway. Regardless, I was using Blizzard and he was using Thunder so I would have done more damage anyway.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue about anything. Just proving a point. I have no reason to stand up for SCH anymore but people refuting that SCH is worthless just because their T4s can't do as much as a BLM's AM2, is just stupid.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 14:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
I love that you completely contradict yourself when you say Ebullience's ONLY application is epeening.

You are basically arguing that MP efficiency is, in all situations, preferable to high damage nukes. And yet you are also arguing that BLM is a better nuker than SCH, with your AM2 nukes which cost 300 MP and don't do a tonne more damage than a SCH's T4. Give me a break.
There's no contradiction; I'm not Dasva.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-20 14:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BLU hardly classifies as a mage.

It has MP so yea it does

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BRD

Can`t really call BRD a mage since they have no natural MP and just run around singing n ***
Seraph.Chasuro said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BRD

Best Mage? I don't think brd is a mage. MP Do you have it?

bard's songs are spells. they don't cost mp, but they are spells. bard plays far more like a mage than blue mage.

again, i didn't say BLU Wasn't a mage. i said it hardly classifies as one.

Also, DRK is a mage by your reasoning, PLD is mage, etc etc.

edit: changed ***.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-20 14:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Combat mage yo
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-20 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i mean there's no doubt blue can become a full fledged mage if it wants. heals, crowd control, dispel, and ***even buffs. but it's ultimately slotted as a dps class for most things. it's like a dps class 'with tricks.'

well ***, you said it well nightfyre, combat mage. i'll be quiet now.