Best Mage
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Pandemonium.Azellius
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: azellius
By Pandemonium.Azellius 2010-03-20 05:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Those bikinis arent only bacon made, most of them are made with SERRANO JAM! YUMMY, Trust me, i know it. :)))
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-20 05:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Azellius said:
Those bikinis arent only bacon made, most of them are made with SERRANO JAM! YUMMY, Trust me, i know it. :)))
...go on...
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-20 05:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Topic creator doesn't want to even fathom the valid views of others besides his own.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-03-20 05:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i think it's simple cat mage > all. ^^
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-20 06:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Azellius said:

pics or it didnt happen (POIDH)
 Hades.Neheyiama
Server: Hades
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-03-20 06:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH is ***. Only thing good is accession or w/e u call it. Stoneskin to all is only good. WHM is even better than sch, we got raise 1-3, curaga4, divine seal, and with aff solace, it makes us the best healers, not only /blm we can nuke off with some blm spells. so dude go off. sch suck ***. blm and whm all the way
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-03-20 06:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
BLU
/thread
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-20 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Again, BLU, but my reasoning is for the aesthetics of their spells.

Magical phantom fruits and carrots for healing and green mucus for nukes. C'mon. How many times am I gonna have to cite how awesome that is?
and when you run out of MP what do you call yourself then?
RDM ftmfw
 Phoenix.Zeotah
Server: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-03-20 08:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Again, BLU, but my reasoning is for the aesthetics of their spells.

Magical phantom fruits and carrots for healing and green mucus for nukes. C'mon. How many times am I gonna have to cite how awesome that is?
Amen! Moreover, said "puke" is virtually hate-free.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phage
Server: Bahamut
user: Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-20 08:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN! Can also "Hastega and "Stonskinega". lol Plus it's got some cool looking pets. >.>
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-03-20 09:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BLU hardly classifies as a mage.

It has MP so yea it does

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BRD

Can`t really call BRD a mage since they have no natural MP and just run around singing n ***
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-03-20 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't read everything, but SCH can't haste. End of story.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neheyiama said:
SCH is ***. Only thing good is accession or w/e u call it. Stoneskin to all is only good. WHM is even better than sch, we got raise 1-3, curaga4, divine seal, and with aff solace, it makes us the best healers, not only /blm we can nuke off with some blm spells. so dude go off. sch suck ***. blm and whm all the way

The fact that you say "accession or w/e u call it" makes me think right off the bat that you know exactly what you're talking about..not to mention the fact that WHM75 is your only job.

To say that "SCH is ***" is totally ludicrous. Yeah, WHMs have them beat on a couple things, Haste and Cure V being the only things that REALLY matter (and Cure V to a small extent if the SCH has a good -enmity build). On the other hand, SCH has a few nice tricks that WHM doesn't; which one is better completely depends on the situation. Ever seen a SCH in DD party in limbus? 0 damage from Astral Flow is pretty amazing - I'd love to see your WHM provide this. Also I love that you mentioned that your WHM can /BLM and nuke with BLM spells in a SCH vs. WHM argument. That's classic.

@whoever said WHM is more MP efficient than a SCH - outrageous. Cure V is far from MP efficient. Yeah, WHM can /SCH but gets half the charges and their Sublimation sucks.

For SCH vs. BLM, SCH wins in almost every situation. One day I should get screenshots of events where a party of BLMs with Morrigan's and Novio all use AM2, then I use Blizzard 4 and I'm the one who gets hate (plus i have -enmity merits). As well as being vastly more MP efficient and well rounded overall, this makes for very few situations where a BLM will out-do a SCH.

/em waits for the BLM onry population to start flaming.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-20 10:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

One fact that scholars ignore massively:
There are very few times where you need that godly MP efficiency they claim, because very often you have ample time to /heal and regain your MP without anyone dying or anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 10:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
@whoever said WHM is more MP efficient than a SCH - outrageous. Cure V is far from MP efficient. Yeah, WHM can /SCH but gets half the charges and their Sublimation sucks.

Lol silly schs trolls. Cure V is like a good .75 hp/mp more efficient then cure IV which is the next best of the Cure XX spells. Not to mention vastly more hate efficient

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
For SCH vs. BLM, SCH wins in almost every situation. One day I should get screenshots of events where a party of BLMs with Morrigan's and Novio all use AM2, then I use Blizzard 4 and I'm the one who gets hate (plus i have -enmity merits). As well as being vastly more MP efficient and well rounded overall, this makes for very few situations where a BLM will out-do a SCH.

I call bs. Hell let me pull out the SSs of me hitting 2800+ solo no meds on puddings without and morrigans or novio... yes I can 2 shot them if I felt like it.

And if it was only about mp efficiency you wouldn't bring a magic DD. The point is to do as much in as little tp given. Something schs wont do. Not to mention that efficiency which I could get from /sch myself is mostly useless in most events. And who cares about well rounded. If I wanted well rounded I'd bring a rdm.
[+]
 Ifrit.Preluder
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-03-20 10:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Hades.Neheyiama said:

The fact that you say "accession or w/e u call it" makes me think right off the bat that you know exactly what you're talking about..not to mention the fact that WHM75 is your only job.

To say that "SCH is ***" is totally ludicrous. Yeah, WHMs have them beat on a couple things, Haste and Cure V being the only things that REALLY matter (and Cure V to a small extent if the SCH has a good -enmity build). On the other hand, SCH has a few nice tricks that WHM doesn't; which one is better completely depends on the situation. Ever seen a SCH in DD party in limbus? 0 damage from Astral Flow is pretty amazing - I'd love to see your WHM provide this. Also I love that you mentioned that your WHM can /BLM and nuke with BLM spells in a SCH vs. WHM argument. That's classic.

Lol There is no possible way that you where out nuking Blm's using AMII + morrigans and novio on Sch. You pulled hate cause well the Blm's where better then you or had considerble more -enmity

Also has a healer Rdm i think is more mp effecient with rrefresh and convert, I can go hours in a merit party without ever needing to heal mp once.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-20 10:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go...AGAIN!

Right now there isn't a best mage it just can't happen. Because they all lack something sooner or later..

WHM: RR3, Barspells, Shellra5, Auspice as well as Stoneskin cure. Sch and rdm can't do these nearly as well as whm.

Rdm: Refresh and Enfeebs: Sch and Whm can't touch Rdm when it comes to the Enfeebs as much as you might wanna try to argue it you can't.

Sch: Awesome DoT spells, Can nuke with the best with T4 nukes, AM2 has lots of uses so in general you loose here too. Can't Haste so you loose to both Rdm and Whm for merit pts..awesome job in general but IMO you loose where it's important. Main Healer: Whm, Main Enfeeb: Rdm, Main Nuker: Blm ok fine you can have Main DoT+weatherman: Sch.

Now with jobs jumping to 99 this story is likely to change..
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 10:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I love getting the lolBLM community worked up over this. Seriously, if you don't have both jobs then you really have no place to claim that "there's no way" that a SCH can or can't do these things.

SCH can do more damage in a single nuke than a BLM, even a perfectly geared one using AM2.

SCH can one shot a dyna statue, despite all the BS that's been called on this.

SCH can do a lot of other things that people don't like to think that they can.

Take it from someone who has both jobs well equipped and merited.
Ifrit.Preluder said:
Lol There is no possible way that you where out nuking Blm's using AMII morrigans and novio on Sch. You pulled hate cause well the Blm's where better then you or had considerble more -enmity Also has a healer Rdm i think is more mp effecient with rrefresh and convert, I can go hours in a merit party without ever needing to heal mp once.

I know that's not the case seeing that my own SCH outnukes my own BLM. But feel free to think what you want.

And good for you, any mage who doesn't suck can go for hours in merit party without having to heal mp.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-20 10:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

99SCH/49RDM

/thread

:P
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-20 11:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

quote] But feel free to think what you want. And good for you, any mage who doesn't suck can go for hours in merit party without having to heal mp.[/quote]
^This is a lie for some reason both whm and rdm's seem to run out of MP often in merits...still a mystery to me.

I have Whm, Rdm and Blm lvl'd I don't have sch lvl'd but I know what a sch can do. Are they a really impressive job that can adapt and do multiple things that other mages jobs can't? Sure. Are they better than rdm?[Nope] Are they Better than whm?[Sorry not here either]. Are they different and unique in there own respect and can do things really well?[Yes, but no mages is better than any other right now]

And Mr. Sch for Low-man situations if you are picking sch over a rdm or to a less degree whm you might wanna re-think this. Refresh and Haste are powerful tools expecially in "low-man" situations. Lol with a Nin tank with no haste and lol at a pld with no refresh or haste..as long as sch CAN'T haste or Refesh they will not cannot be the best mage.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-20 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think those Bikinis are Kosher , but they very nice .

And for the Record , the best mage is all of them . Cuz Magic Rules FFXI . RDMBLMSMNWHMSCHBLU is the best job , so smoke that !!!!
and also for the record @99 WHM and RDM will beable to HAstega , something SMN can do @48 . RDM82/SCH41 can Refreshga . not to mention that its easier for RDM to hit higher Enhancing Magic Numbers and WHM's Relic Pants can probly Blow SCH's Barspell potency away with alot less work .
but yea RDMBLMSMNWHMSCHBLU is the best job .
 Fairy.Baelfael
Server: Fairy
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-03-20 11:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4massiveSCHnerf =D
I'd lol so hard.
[+]
 Seraph.Luuujeje
Server: Seraph
user: luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2010-03-20 11:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What about
whm99/sch49 acc, cure5 ss blink regen3 etc..
blm99/sch49 acc thunder4 blizzard4 etc..
rdm99/sch49 acc enspell tier2 ss blink phalanx etc..
and any jobs go with /sch49
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
I love getting the lolBLM community worked up over this. Seriously, if you don't have both jobs then you really have no place to claim that "there's no way" that a SCH can or can't do these things.

SCH can do more damage in a single nuke than a BLM, even a perfectly geared one using AM2.
POIDH. By good luck finding pics of things that are mathematically impossible.

You know why I say these things? Cause mathematically the only way a sch can possibly beat a blm using AM2 is resist. Under the same day of the weak and same mob a perfectly geared for dmg sch will fall short a good blm by a good 15%. And of course have a hell of alot more resist issues.

Here beat this dmg solo and then we will see if you can beat what I'm capable of now and then maybe a blm that actually is perfectly geared

Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 11:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha.

Take away your spirit lantern and your weather effect that you got for free and I'll match that with a T4, no problem. I'm talking about strictly normal circumstances.

Edit: by the way I like your previous claim that you did 2800 without buffs but the screenshot you posted had food and spirit lantern and day and weather.
[+]
 Ifrit.Preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-03-20 11:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

SCH can one shot a dyna statue, despite all the BS that's been called on this.

SCH can do a lot of other things that people don't like to think that they can.

Take it from someone who has both jobs well equipped and merited.
Ifrit.Preluder said:
Lol There is no possible way that you where out nuking Blm's using AMII morrigans and novio on Sch. You pulled hate cause well the Blm's where better then you or had considerble more -enmity Also has a healer Rdm i think is more mp effecient with rrefresh and convert, I can go hours in a merit party without ever needing to heal mp once.

I know that's not the case seeing that my own SCH outnukes my own BLM. But feel free to think what you want.

And good for you, any mage who doesn't suck can go for hours in merit party without having to heal mp.

Screen shots or you are full of beans. I have never once seen a sch hit for 2k on puddings with Tier 4. And 2k is easy with AMII and no buffs
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-20 11:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Incidentally Dasva, judging from your equip history your BLM isn't as well equipped as mine (and judging from that SS where you're wearing a Demon's Helm lol) so your statement about beating a BLM that is "actually" perfectly geared means nothing. If I can beat my own I can certainly beat you.

@Preluder: If you haven't seen a SCH T4 for 2k on a pudding you haven't played with a good SCH. Done it myself many, many times. Again, level the job yourself before you claim that SCH can't do it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-20 11:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Haha.

Take away your spirit lantern and your weather effect that you got for free and I'll match that with a T4, no problem. I'm talking about strictly normal circumstances.

Edit: by the way I like your previous claim that you did 2800 without buffs but the screenshot you posted had food and spirit lantern and day and weather.
Prove it. Without weather or day that would still be over 1900 on a element I don't have merited.

And I can't find my SS of before that was just the best one I could find. Also I didn't say without buffs. I said solo without meds or food.

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Incidentally Dasva, judging from your equip history your BLM isn't as well equipped as mine (and judging from that SS where you're wearing a Demon's Helm lol) so your statement about beating a BLM that is "actually" perfectly geared means nothing. If I can beat my own I can certainly beat you.
Judging from your statement of lol demon helm+1 clearly you don't know anything about nuking. It's the best buyable nuking helm a blm can get. The only things that are gunna beat it are MKE SCNM maats cap for dmg. And my equip history is lame scroll over to my blm nukes. I really do nuke in 127 int and 85 MAB on ice with ugg active. How about this. It's about to be windsday. I'll go nuke ice hahah no day or weather and lets see who wins k? While you are at it take shots of the off weather nukes you have to use unless you really want to wait on recast timers for 1 T4 over and over while I just switch nukes.
[+]
 Ifrit.Preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-03-20 11:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SS where ? and your correct I do not have Sch leveled but ive seen Sch with jus about same gear as you do and not seen 2k+. Im really not doubting you but i would like some proof
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-20 11:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
BRD

Best Mage? I don't think brd is a mage. MP Do you have it?
[+]