Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Illuminate
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-06-28 20:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished a run, we were lucky enough to get three +1 old cases. We all popped them. Not one +2 earring. We've been doing Sortie regularly as a static for quite a while and not one +2 earring from +1 cases for at least a month?

Some people from the static think the +2 earring rate was better at first. Thoughts?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-28 20:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The rate is just miserably low. 1-3%

On top of the random job and the random aug. Miserable misery.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-28 20:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

planned misery
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-28 20:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
planned misery

Unironically, yup. Shitty carrot made of unobtainium. Keep you going literally until the servers close getting all your jobs earrings. A forever goal.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-28 21:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs a turn in system get 3 unattainable +2's for a chance at, you guessed it a random +2!
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-06-28 21:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

At the very least they need to always come with max augs given how rare they are.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-28 21:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, you'll geta minimum roll +2 soon. Part of your brain will tell you the only thing that beats it is a better rolled +2. The other part is just regular disappointed.
By Foxfire 2023-06-28 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

guess what type of character got the kasuga, you'll never believe it
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-28 22:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just got this. SAD.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-28 22:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
Just finished a run, we were lucky enough to get three +1 old cases. We all popped them. Not one +2 earring. We've been doing Sortie regularly as a static for quite a while and not one +2 earring from +1 cases for at least a month?

Some people from the static think the +2 earring rate was better at first. Thoughts?

Yes, they are way too rare. There is nothing rarer in the game than a perfect +2 earring. Did some math in my misery of the drop rate a few weeks back and you dont want to know how many tens of real life years it will take the average player to see a +2 earring for a specific job they want with perfect augs.

Also, I have 4 x +2s and they are all minimum augs (like Prothescar's above), no idea just how rare better augs really are... terrible system even by grindy mmo standards.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-28 22:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »

Yes, they are way too rare. There is nothing rarer in the game than a perfect +2 earring. Did some math in my misery of the drop rate a few weeks back and you dont want to know how many tens of real life years it will take the average player to see a +2 earring for a specific job they want with perfect augs.

Also, I have 4 x +2s and they are all minimum augs (like Prothescar's above), no idea just how rare better augs really are... terrible system even by grindy mmo standards.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-28 23:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah min augs are by far the most common, doesn't seem like a linear distribution like some other augment systems
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-28 23:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my first +2 earring after months and months of Sortie and it's for a job I'll never play, of course. Love the system.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2023-06-28 23:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Needs a turn in system get 3 unattainable +2's for a chance at, you guessed it a random +2!

Not cruel enough. You get the +2 earring for your job, but with minimum rolled augments.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2023-06-29 00:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a SMN +2 early on but my SMN is.. level 31. My poor friend only just got a RDM +1 last week and we've run nearly every day since Sortie came out. Pretty sure my ears are still ringing from his squeal of excitement. Would be nice if the +2s were a little more common or they at least let us trade in the useless earrings we get... Oh well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-29 00:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got PLD and BLU+2 on one character, BLU is capped augments, PLD is kinda crap, and she plays both those jobs. My other character has 2 PLD+2 and a DRK+2, but she doesn't play either of those jobs. I've been much luckier than most members of my static, some have 0 and most have 1 maybe 2. It's a total crapshoot and quite RNG-based, but that does make it extremely exciting and rewarding. I echo the sentiment above, I squealed with glee when I saw both of the earrings I got.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-29 00:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wait til they introduce them to a TROVE campaign and that dude who's never stepped in Sortie picks up 4 capped +2s, while those who've slogged 6-7x/week for months and have 1 see nada.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-29 01:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The rate is just miserably low. 1-3%

On top of the random job and the random aug. Miserable misery.
With my calculations, which are absolutely correct and undeniable, the drop rate of +2 earrings from +1 cases is roughly 3%.

Problem is that Case+1 is, on its own, something like a 2-5% drop itself I guess?

And then of course when it happens you have to hope it's for one of the jobs you need lmao

I don't remember the exact number of +1 cases I got so far but I have it written somewhere home. Should be something like 50 if I recall.
Atm I've seen 2x +2 earrings and I got DRG and PLD.
Of course I don't have those 2 jobs levelled.
Given how I have 14 geared up jobs out of 22 you would think I should be getting better chances than many other people to get a +2 from one of the jobs I use but... think again I guess? XD

To be fair I'm still missing multiple +1 earrings that I'd want.
In my defense I have probably over 700 NQ cases that I haven't opened.
In there there's bound to be ~20 +1 earrings I guess.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-06-29 01:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a +2 BRD earring. but one major problem. I don't play bard... I think they need to implement a upgrade system for earrings spend X amount of those points from sortie to take earring from NQ to +1 and then X amount to +2 and then spend X amount of points to reroll augment
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-29 02:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I have a +2 BRD earring. but one major problem. I don't play bard... I think they need to implement a upgrade system for earrings spend X amount of those points from sortie to take earring from NQ to +1 and then X amount to +2 and then spend X amount of points to reroll augment

I don't disagree with your concept, but SE can't possibly put yet one more thing gated behind muffins and expect the playerbase not to revolt.

Now, if you said "take a +1 and 10 starstones to upgrade it to a +2", I'm all for that. Those stones will soon for everyone except returning players lose all value.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-06-29 03:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Some kind of trade in service is what i'd like to see. 10x of same NQ for 1x of +1 of the same job, something similar for +2s. The NQ earrings are all largely totally useless so let's give them some kind of purpose. You would at least then make steady progress towards the +2 you want, and even be happy seeing a particular jobs NQ drop.

Yeah because I have inventory space to hold up to 10 NQ and 10 +1 for 18 jobs I want +2, so up to 360 inventory space with earrings to trade... Stones idea is better. They stack at least.

Edit: and no I won't put them on mule and send back to back every 10NQ to turn to one +1. This game has enough inventory management and menu interaction. This could work I guess if you could trade everything on NPC and NPC will remember how many is traded, but this probably won't happen with lack of devs.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 03:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the problem is that, if you actually want the earrings, you need to spend many entries to specifically farm objectives instead of farming gallimaufry.

Another thing i noticed is that tjose earring are sendable to same account so, if you want to spend all your resources on it, having mules with Sortie access, even gimp ones, can add 2 extra chanves for +1 box daily per mule, doing the easy objectives in basement.

It shouldnt take that long per mule, but funny thing, farming earring has q lower daily restriction than others stuffs in sortie
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 03:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure about +2, but i think the good side of those earring is that the augments dont have a wide range of values.

That makes less frustratingfinally getting an item only for it not being worth.

Technically its a thing you only need to luck out only once in life so i dontthinkits excessively bad or frustrating, compared with many others junks from SE
By SimonSes 2023-06-29 03:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I think the problem is that, if you actually want the earrings, you need to spend many entries to specifically farm objectives instead of farming gallimaufry.

Another thing i noticed is that tjose earring are sendable to same account so, if you want to spend all your resources on it, having mules with Sortie access, even gimp ones, can add 2 extra chanves for +1 box daily per mule, doing the easy objectives in basement.

It shouldnt take that long per mule, but funny thing, farming earring has q lower daily restriction than others stuffs in sortie

If you are pro you can make 50-80k galli runs getting like 25 guaranteed +1 cases a month (+ some random ones). Even if you are less pro you can still make like at least 15. Problem is not everyone want to do Aminon, because it's a gimmick fight, but I guess the option is available and it's our choice we won't do it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-29 03:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
The ??? versions of the earrings stack so just horde those?

Oh yeah that's true lol I pop them right away and forgot. I guess it could work then :)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-06-29 04:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure about +2, but i think the good side of those earring is that the augments dont have a wide range of values.

That makes less frustratingfinally getting an item only for it not being worth.

Technically its a thing you only need to luck out only once in life so i dontthinkits excessively bad or frustrating, compared with many others junks from SE

This would be true in theory, however augments on all earrings (NQ, +1 and +2) seem more likely to be skewed to the smaller end of possible augments.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-06-29 05:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »

I don't disagree with your concept, but SE can't possibly put yet one more thing gated behind muffins and expect the playerbase not to revolt.

Now, if you said "take a +1 and 10 starstones to upgrade it to a +2", I'm all for that. Those stones will soon for everyone except returning players lose all value.
Ya could trade X amount of the empy +2 upgrade items to +1 the earring if you have NQ. Then X amount of the empy+3 upgrade item to +2 the earring. then maybe use another stone to reroll augments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6