users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Manque 2023-07-11 22:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shenaniganz said: »
Valefor.Philemon said: »
What's the specific complaint about? The overall distribution of earrings by job? Or is there anything in there about the +2 drop rate in general?
There isn't really a complaint here. It's clearly written in a way that expresses support for the team and love for XI. It's moreso laying out drop rates from their sample and asking for clarifications on why drop rates tend to skew toward the base 6 jobs. Also asking if they're considering adjusting the drop rates by job to make for a more balanced gameplay experience for all jobs. (Tbh I feel like the "balanced gameplay experience" could have been explained a bit better, but that's just splitting hairs...)

Yes there is a note specifically about the +2 earring rate as earned from +1 boxes:
ジョブの分布率や入手率の違いを考慮した上で、+1のケースや+2のイヤリングの入手率を改善することは考慮されているでしょうか。
"Given the differences in earring distribution among jobs and acquisition rates, are there any plans to adjust the acquisition rate of +2 earrings and/or +1 boxes?"

The skew towards the base 6 jobs is pretty hard to argue against, but a sample size of only ~1k +1 boxes still leaves plenty of room for variation (consider the movement of BRD and COR between normal and +1 boxes). DRK is definitely getting boned though lmao.

Summarized perfectly. Think I avoided explaining 'balanced' on purpose as to not invite any detractors to the post or people wanting to debate semantics. Instead, went for a clinical approach of laying out the data, asking for comment on what is going on. Should both make it easier for them to respond and good for us to keep it vague so we can see how they choose to respond, hopefully giving us some insight into how they want to approach their communtiy. Non-response would also be equally important as the post now has 45 likes; would signal that they just dgaf.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-07-11 23:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'd already given it a thumbs up but I was hoping that the post also mentioned the abysmal +2 rates.
 Asura.Illuminate
Server: Asura
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-07-12 03:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shenaniganz said: »
Valefor.Philemon said: »
What's the specific complaint about? The overall distribution of earrings by job? Or is there anything in there about the +2 drop rate in general?
There isn't really a complaint here. It's clearly written in a way that expresses support for the team and love for XI. It's moreso laying out drop rates from their sample and asking for clarifications on why drop rates tend to skew toward the base 6 jobs. Also asking if they're considering adjusting the drop rates by job to make for a more balanced gameplay experience for all jobs. (Tbh I feel like the "balanced gameplay experience" could have been explained a bit better, but that's just splitting hairs...)

Yes there is a note specifically about the +2 earring rate as earned from +1 boxes:
ジョブの分布率や入手率の違いを考慮した上で、+1のケースや+2のイヤリングの入手率を改善することは考慮されているでしょうか。
"Given the differences in earring distribution among jobs and acquisition rates, are there any plans to adjust the acquisition rate of +2 earrings and/or +1 boxes?"

The skew towards the base 6 jobs is pretty hard to argue against, but a sample size of only ~1k +1 boxes still leaves plenty of room for variation (consider the movement of BRD and COR between normal and +1 boxes). DRK is definitely getting boned though lmao.

I think another important point to bring up is the distribution of augment tiers. I had a sample of 141 NQs I opened while I was bored one day, tallied up all the +6, 7, 8, 9, and 10's, then got a frequency distribution. It's something like 8:3:1.5:1:1 for +6:+7:+8:+9:+10 augments. Veryyyy poopie.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-12 08:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
It's something like 8:3:1.5:1:1 for +6:+7:+8:+9:+10 augments. Veryyyy poopie.

Seems kind of like the HQ rates in crafting. Roll for HQ. If you HQ, then roll again for the type of HQ: HQ1, 2, or 3. This would be like...a tier 3 craft or so. Trying to get a T3 HQ result on any item, regardless of your skill or equipment, is pretty obnoxious and generally involves many, many attempts (unless you get crazy lucky)
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-07-12 15:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got this a few minutes ago

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-07-12 15:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Just got this a few minutes ago

Congrats!

Did you play Ninja before? or starting it now?
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-07-12 18:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It's something like 8:3:1.5:1:1 for +6:+7:+8:+9:+10 augments. Veryyyy poopie.

Seems kind of like the HQ rates in crafting. Roll for HQ. If you HQ, then roll again for the type of HQ: HQ1, 2, or 3. This would be like...a tier 3 craft or so. Trying to get a T3 HQ result on any item, regardless of your skill or equipment, is pretty obnoxious and generally involves many, many attempts (unless you get crazy lucky)

Yes, you're right! Unfortunately, I don't have a large enough sample (YET) to get a reliable distribution of augments on +1s (and let's face it, probably never going to for +2s). When I do, I will be able to work out the probability of tier with respect to two different augment slots. The issue there is that there is some sort of interaction effect where the tier of one or the other, or a third unknown variable, is causing them to be close to one another in tier.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-07-12 18:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Much like Shinryu, SE loves to dangle that carrot attached to a string that you may sometimes get close to, but they keep pulling it away. And by the time you finally get the carrot, you've wasted an extraordinary amount of time. Enough time that could have been spent, you know... actually doing something enjoyable with your life. This isn't fun. It is work. And they make you work so super hard for rewards that really aren't worth the time because they don't want to spend any extra resources on making regular content.

As bleak as it sounds, I honestly think this is their end game. New director change, get rid of a bunch of devs, and leave us with one last system that leaves us with extraordinarily horrible odds of getting the gear we want. Couple this with the obligatory time synch for prime weapons, and the newly discovered effect stage 4's have on boss difficulty in sortie basement. One final fu*k you to the community before they peace out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-07-12 22:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, it serves them best to eke out this content for as long as possible so they don't have to release any "new" (rehashed) content. Those who love the grind will do it every day, while others like myself, may get around to motivating themselves to doing it once or twice a week. Either way, I am not surprised by how low the drop rates are. The sooner players get what they want, the sooner players unsubscribe and SE loses money.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-13 08:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Either way, I am not surprised by how low the drop rates are. The sooner players get what they want, the sooner players unsubscribe and SE loses money.

Problem is they overshot it, the drop rate is so low that it's a waste of time for anyone to try and farm them because the chance of getting a +2 is so low to begin with. The chances of getting one you actually need or want is considerably lower. I don't think anyone is going to stick around or just farm Sortie to try and get +2 earrings, because the rate is too low to be worth the effort.

IMO they would've been better off making the drop rate higher and some kind of participation based augmentation system. That and/or implement some kind of trade-in, even at an absurd rate, it can give people motivated to do the content something to work towards. Right now, it's the type of thing where it's great if you get lucky, but I don't think the carrot is reachable enough to motivate people to do Sortie just for that purpose.
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-07-14 12:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Just a couple small math corrections.

Izanami said: »
Since each case opening is an independent event, we can collect unbiased data of case openings from all players by simply being near the player when they open their case. If we use Windower's logger, then we can analyze data collected since the release of Sortie.

I've convinced Andromida (Asura) to let me post his data here, which he conveniently provided to me in a fancy table format already (thanks). About half of this data was obtained with a character AFK near the Sortie entrance/exit around September 2022, which provided a quick way to obtain results since many players wait until immediately after their run to open cases.

[snip]
4% * 4.55% is 0.182%, not 1.82%
4.5% * 4.5% * 4.5% is 0.009%, not 0.09%.

TLDR: What this means is the probability of just getting a max augmented +1 earring from a NQ case, (irrespective of its job) is = (0.05)(0.071)
so equals 3.5%! Dear lord....
(0.05)*(0.071) is actually 0.355%, even worse.

Dayum... thanks for catching that!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-07-22 15:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if the crews that are hitting Aminion every day or 2/3 days have piled up a bunch of +2s. Seems feasible some of them maybe at 6 or 7 +2 earrings

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-07-22 16:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got 4 and we havent been doing Aminion until recently only 1 kill:
SAM +17
PUP +17
COR +16
SCH +16

mule:(only goes approx 3x per week to sub in)
SAM+16

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-22 16:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's definitely a weighting towards lower stats, I think the higher stats are like HQ crafting results. Here are my earrings:
DRK: 9 stat, 17 acc, 4 WSD
PLD: 11 stat, 18 acc, 7 DT
PLD: 9 stat, 17 acc, 6 DT
PLD: 7 stat, 16 acc, 6 DT* min roll
BLU: 15 stat, 20 acc, 8 DA* max roll

I've been pretty lucky. Also running Sortie every day since it was released, with some minor gaps. Never killed Aminion. Some members of my group have as low as 1 earring, I have the most at 5.

Based on mine and Kujah's results alone, maybe the augments are based on how much you *** and complain about the event on FFXIAH? Maybe SE really IS paying attention to and reading the feedback.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-07-22 17:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Curious if the crews that are hitting Aminion every day or 2/3 days have piled up a bunch of +2s. Seems feasible some of them maybe at 6 or 7 +2 earrings

Lol, you guys have so many more than me.

I've got 2, and we've been doing aminon regularly for about 2 months.

I got one on the very first +1 case I ever got before the basements were even released. I've gotten 1 more since basements came out
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-23 07:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done many sortie runs, and I mean MANY! I got like 7 jobs with 5/5 +3, and 2 jobs with 5/5 +2 (some are +3).

With all these sortie runs, I have gotten 0, zero +2 earrings!!

I don't like to complain, there are enough of those guys already, but this is just beyond stupidity and a broken thing, 100 times worse than the Shinryu fight!

The /delete game button is close.
[+]
By Asura.Aragan 2023-08-15 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

this ear +2 drop last month

and i see some Old Case drop +1 ear

[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2023-08-15 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering they planned for this to be the final content of the game, they likely set up the drop rates to be extremely low assuming people would be playing it for a very long time.
By dontclickme 2023-08-15 12:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aragan said: »

Because they're they only cases that can...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-15 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Considering they planned for this to be the final content of the game, they likely set up the drop rates to be extremely low assuming people would be playing it for a very long time.
Wow Sherlock! Impressive deduction there, I'm appalled!!

(please excuse my bitterness lmao, you kinda served it to me on a silver platter though!)
By Asura.Aragan 2023-08-15 13:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dontclickme said: »

and i saw Ra'Kaz. Sapphire drop from Acuex with thf Treasure Hunter
By dontclickme 2023-08-15 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-15 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone opened blue chest when acuex died.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-08-15 16:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who has done Sortie maybe 7 times... I can confirm that I have never seen a +2 earring drop.
By Asura.Aragan 2023-08-15 16:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Someone opened blue chest when acuex died.

No , i saw that really no chest drop only pull single mob that was long time when we test sortie and thf name Asura.Nateelve
He in my ls u can ask him .. i notic that only here and i think TH help for drop rate with boss .. and thf with SB set with dd pt
By Blazed1979 2023-08-15 16:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

still no war+1 earring
but.. guess I am suppossed to be a whm?

or smn

(3rd *** +2 smn earring too - i keep tossing them)

Post deleted by User.
[+]