New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
Sortie +2 Earrings Do Not Exist
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Weeew 2023-06-29 05:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they would implement a trading system where people could start saving up from now. The only reasonable thing would be if they allow you to buy +1 cases for like 500k Gali or something.
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-29 05:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is gonna throw away a week's worth of progress toward their prime upgrade just for an old case +1.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-29 07:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Nobody is gonna throw away a week's worth of progress toward their prime upgrade just for an old case +1.

Personally I wouldnt buy it even for 50k at this point.
[+]
By Weeew 2023-06-29 07:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly like trading 10 omen cards for one. Most people will say it's not worth it and move on.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-29 07:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Needs a turn in system get 3 unattainable +2's for a chance at, you guessed it a random +2!

Not cruel enough. You get the +2 earring for your job, but with minimum rolled augments.

No augments spend 100k on a roll
By Taint 2023-06-29 08:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We just had a 3 +1 Case run as well with nothing to show for it.

I've been doing Sortie since I came back in the fall and I'm still missing +1 earrings for a few jobs I play. I also have +2 SAM earring (mid level stats) so my luck is probably over for this event.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-06-29 08:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

Exactly like trading 10 omen cards for one. Most people will say it's not worth it and move on.

It's not at all like that.
By lumengrid 2023-06-29 09:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

got my sixth yesterday. each one has fully lowrolled lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2023-06-29 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Their only save is going to be 'campaigns' where they'll have the opportunity to change the rates of obtaining higher quality cases.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 10:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Those campaigns seems stagnant for some time.

When a “new” one happened?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-29 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want an NQ WAR earring...
I dont even have SMN lvled
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-29 10:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Those campaigns seems stagnant for some time.

When a “new” one happened?

We've had two new campaigns in the last 12 months, but both were for AMAN Trove sadly.

Or luckily, depending on your PoV.

I think those two made easier to achieve better results in trove
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-29 10:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thrown away +1 earrings for every job, except pup and smn because I haven't been able to get those yet.

I only threw away any because I have multiple +1's and I only kept the best ones.

I was happy to get Bst +2 though. My preferred job. Lucky me!

(its still a minimum buff bst +2 earring, but I know someone who got a perfect bst +2 and will never use it.)
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-29 11:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a running tally of all the sortie earrings I've gotten, I didn't start recording the +1 cases though until a couple months in, so the number I have for that isn't accurate.

of the total 695 cases I've gotten, I have gotten an estimated 47 +1 cases (when the basement became available I started counting at 20 given the number of +1 earrings I already had using the assumed 5% rate of getting +1 from an old case)

of that, I 've gotten 4 +2 earrings, none are higher than the base value. I fully recognize my % is extremely high, being about 1/12 where the +1 earrings from old cases is averaging close to 1/20

another thing I have noticed is a slight lead in the number of starting job earrings I've gotten in total. with war, whm, rdm and thf being 1,5,2,3 out of the top 5 jobs in total number of earrings acquired. Now, that said, I 'm only working with a sample size of 695, which is relatively small in the grand scheme of things.

the +2 earrings I've gotten are rdm, pld, brd and rng, which is sad because of those, I'm only able to make use of rdm and brd.

I'd be happy to post my full findings in another post if people are interested in seeing that, will take a minute to type it all out though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-29 11:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally hoping stage 5 is no galli and all stones so people can do Empy upgrades and spend galli on whatever travesty earring system they give us eventually.

If you don't need anything, you can bank your galli for your next weapon while you wait for arbitrary psyche gate keeping to happen. Obviously reality will be so much worse.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-29 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

btw- I'd like to offer a community-wide congratulations for a thread like this only appearing after this long of Sortie being a thing^^
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2023-06-29 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I'm personally hoping stage 5 is no galli and all stones so people can do Empy upgrades and spend galli on whatever travesty earring system they give us eventually.

If you don't need anything, you can bank your galli for your next weapon while you wait for arbitrary psyche gate keeping to happen. Obviously reality will be so much worse.

I would welcome something like this, and it might give a bit more purpose to stones as currently we are swimming in the things far more than we will ever need based on current predictions.

If last stage is like 100k galli but 50 of every stone I wouldn't even mind.

I'd be all for that! I keep wanting to play different jobs and run into the Emp+3 wall of doom since I'm saving Galli.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-29 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play RDM or WHM...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-29 13:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I don't play RDM or WHM...
you DO now mofo
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-29 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

AS nice as it would be to have no galli for stage 5 weapon... its fart in the wind.

Prime's are blatenly modelled after Relic weapons. I'm not talking about the actual models... Its the upgrading process.

Its a direct mirror.

I wouldn't be surprised if it costs 10 Million Galli for stage 5.

I wouldn't like it, condone it or be happy w/ the idea. but I wouldn't be surprised.

what is the cost difference between stage 3, 4 and 5 for relics?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-29 14:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

roughly x3 x3 x2 (but you get 30 back, always weird)

It'll be 5m but it could be 10m (being possible to be done before 1/1/24 leans on <10)
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-06-29 14:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
what is the cost difference between stage 3, 4 and 5 for relics?

stage 5 is about 64% more than stage 4, but provides a 30% refund

4m gallimaufry for a purchase and turnin gives you 1.2m back? probably a stretch, but it'd be an interesting way to encourage(read: addict) people into making more weapons
[+]
By Meeble 2023-06-29 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there even an upgrade dialog option in the dats that doesn't mention muffins?

I suppose it's possible they haven't implemented stage 5 yet, but at this point I think expecting low/no muffin cost is huffing some serious copium.

Fujito said:
However, you may feel that the final stage of strengthening is a little harsh.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-29 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
you DO now mofo

I'll probably get a max roll SMN +2 earring next as well lol...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-06-29 20:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
I got a SMN +2 early on but my SMN is.. level 31. My poor friend only just got a RDM +1 last week and we've run nearly every day since Sortie came out. Pretty sure my ears are still ringing from his squeal of excitement. Would be nice if the +2s were a little more common or they at least let us trade in the useless earrings we get... Oh well.

So, my main is summoner, because I guess I hate myself a little even by FFXI player standards. One of my side characters has summoner unlocked, but not leveled, very little gear but a little stored up. My third character... not even the unlock, has not touched summoner at all, never had any plans to.

So of course, go on and guess which one the SMN earring +2 dropped for...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-29 20:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You fellas need to start and fully gear war in all bis, get the earring you actually want. Throw all that war ***away and play your actual job you used war to get the +2 for.
[+]