Evolith System!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Evolith System!
Evolith System!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 08:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want simple, go to WoW. I think the system looks cool. And you'll be able to remove the Evolith slots as well.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-11-04 08:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
User submitted image
Am I the only one who thought of Diablo 2 Runes/Gems?

That's exactly my first thought when i read about this system...
[+]
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-11-04 08:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kormix said:
Ragnarok.Albender said:
Can't they implement SIMPLE stuff. This looks rather complicated AGAIN.

As if understanding how on hell MMM works, Pankatrion, Cameras for ZNM, Chocobo races and the bet system, Chocobo racing, etc... wasn't complicated enough.

I kinda miss the old days sometimes.

^ This
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-11-04 08:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I started reading I was like 'omg rune slots!'. Now I can CHOOSE to add Chr to my Hagun instead of randomly getting it from augmenting! =D
[+]
 Asura.Foxxy
Server: Asura
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2009-11-04 09:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Katashuro said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
User submitted image
Am I the only one who thought of Diablo 2 Runes/Gems?

First thing i thought of .... Loved diablo 2
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2009-11-04 09:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, i'm not a gambler. I kinda just keep things the way they already are. Looks kinda meh, but theres probly something somewhere for some job after some time that will give you something omgwtf eventually >_>; I'll just have to check it out via wait till somebody else does, and see what is/isnt worth while about this.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-04 09:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Katashuro said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
User submitted image Am I the only one who thought of Diablo 2 Runes/Gems?

20% Haste would be pretty sweet.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-04 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks awesome. As long as you dont need a full party for these like the weapon augments I will be happy.
 Leviathan.Vyrha
Server: Leviathan
user: Vyrha
By Leviathan.Vyrha 2009-11-04 10:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Wow at the people whining about this.

For real. This system seems to address the issues of randomness w/ the augment system, as well as the irreversible nature of it. I'm sure that it will be more difficult than augments, to balance the greater control the users gain, but.. I think it is definitely a good alternative.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-04 10:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vyrha said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Wow at the people whining about this.

For real. This system seems to address the issues of randomness w/ the augment system, as well as the irreversible nature of it. I'm sure that it will be more difficult than augments, to balance the greater control the users gain, but.. I think it is definitely a good alternative.

Makes me wonder though why they introduce a system that is similar to augmenting (a relatively new existing system) but is more reliable and reversable. Almost makes Augmenting obsolete unless you doing it for a "surprise" lol

I think your right, i'm expecting something to counter the added control this gives. I'm definitely more interested in trying this system out than augmenting.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 10:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this system will replace the old system unless they do the following:

1) No Stat+ stuff (meaning if you want Stat+, you have to do FoV)
2) Only for weapons (meaning that only non-fay weapons get this ***)
3) No magical enhancements (no MAB for you BLMs -.-)

If any of the 3 is broken (meaning we get stats, armors can use it, and yay MAB) then it will completly replace auguments.
 Asura.Sneaker
By Asura.Sneaker 2009-11-04 11:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/agree korpg

since a couple of ppl where whining,like vegetto said, SE trying to make it less random this time. if it will be like this:

Asura.Korpg said:
I think this system will replace the old system unless they do the following:

1) No Stat stuff (meaning if you want Stat , you have to do FoV)
2) Only for weapons (meaning that only non-fay weapons get this ***)
3) No magical enhancements (no MAB for you BLMs -.-)

If any of the 3 is broken (meaning we get stats, armors can use it, and yay MAB) then it will completly replace auguments.

-> rip fov nm's ^^
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 11:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it will completly replace FoV.

Since you can get better auguments technically (until we actually see this system in place, I'm going to assume you can only put 1 stone per item) with double auguments (hi2u Flame Ring with Accuracy+ and DEX+ auguments (its possible)).

But, since this system is going to take away the /random aspect of auguments, more people will use it because you don't have to spend 100k-1mil to get that nice weskit with INT+3 on it. Hi2u MAB+ if possible.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-04 11:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a weird outside "maybe", but I'm thinking it might only be synthed items, not just anything without rare or ex on it.

Even so, that still leaves a lot of good stuff. Just no Haguns or anything like that.

Edit: And @Korpg, the POL page said a maximum of 3 Evolith augments per weapon. Might depend on the level and/or strength of the augment.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-04 11:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
wtf my avatar
ahaha.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-04 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh my *** off if the NMs that will drop these things are HNM type mobs with 24 hour respawns, so that the majority of the playerbase will still never see them.
 Garuda.Kyree
Server: Garuda
user: Kyree
By Garuda.Kyree 2009-11-04 11:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
Bahamut.Kormix said:
Ragnarok.Albender said:
Can't they implement SIMPLE stuff. This looks rather complicated AGAIN.

As if understanding how on hell MMM works, Pankatrion, Cameras for ZNM, Chocobo races and the bet system, Chocobo racing, etc... wasn't complicated enough.

I kinda miss the old days sometimes.

^ This

yep :\ they're just trying to keep you around longer to take your money!
 Fairy.Mayeh
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2009-11-04 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

RFO and WarHammer have socket systems, talic and talisman respectively. I think most MMOs do now. It is nice to be able to augment your gear with known effects. But I fear that this will lead to yet another round of: "You noob, don't you know that those aren't the correct Evoliths for your job."
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-11-04 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like a testing exercise for SE. What I mean is using ideas for FFXIV type endgame they might want some day, being tested with the live population of FFXI. If it goes over well, expect similar events in FFXIV.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2009-11-04 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like this system a lot. It's a bit indepth, but I don't see what's so complicated about it.

1) Hunt NM from book to get Mater...err... Evolith
2) Slot a piece of gear
3) Attach desired Evolith to the gear

Most likely a fee involved, or some sort of item that has to be crafted or hunted to do this.

The randomness isn't taken entirely out, because you have you keep sloting --> unslotting --> slotting until you get the specific slot you want. Also, it is not known at this time if the NM drops a specific Evolith or not, so the chance of getting your desired Evolith could be up to chance though too.

The advantage to this over the Augments is that at least you don't have to pay for a new piece of gear every time you want to take your chances again, which can save a bundle of money in the long run. Depends on what kind of service "fee" is required out of the Evoliths.

You'll also notice that all the Evolith's listed so far are VERY specific.

Axe weapons skill: +6 ATK (Only activated on WS use)

Light elemental Healing Magic: Emnity -1 (Specifically LIGHT magic, so no BLU healing or Waltzs here)

Mighty Strikes: Ability Delay -1 (I'm gonna assume something to do with recast on a 2hr, not sure how this will be useful)

So, I'd imagine Augments will have more generic and universal uses while Evoliths are more specific.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the wall of text xD
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 12:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well maybe now the NM's in Ghelsba Outpost that drop nothing will finally drop this XD.

This looks interesting but I think it's just too many things coming out in one month for an update. 3 hour update here I come :/
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 12:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They're doing 3 updates with it. The first won't have the Evolith system. It'll only have the job adjustments. The one on the like 29th will include Evoliths.

Update Notes

SE said:

The next version update of FINAL FANTASY XI will be split into the following three parts.

- 1st Part (Oct. 29, 2009)
This will be a version update without maintenance.
* There will be no in-game changes with this version update.

- 2nd Part (Nov. 9, 2009)
This will be a version update with maintenance.

- 3rd Part (During the last part of November) This will be a version update with maintenance.

* We will provide more details on the maintenance and version updates at a later date.

Additionally, the third add-on scenario, available for purchase on Oct. 26, 2009, "A Shantotto Ascension: The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born" will be available for play after the Nov. 9 version update.

Additionally, due to congestion on or around the date of the version update, it may take some time for the contents of "A Shantotto Ascension" to show up in FINAL FANTASY XI after purchase. It is recommended that if you are considering a purchase of "A Shantotto Ascension," you do so before the version update.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 3 systems I have to update XD PC, ps2, and xbox. So it'll last that long for me when I do it all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-04 12:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:
You'll also notice that all the Evolith's listed so far are VERY specific. Axe weapons skill: 6 ATK (Only activated on WS use) Light elemental Healing Magic: Emnity -1 (Specifically LIGHT magic, so no BLU healing or Waltzs here)

Blu healing spells are Light magic btw. Well most of them not healing breeze but pollen magic fruit wild carrot are all light element however they aren't healing type magic... however who knows maybe they meant just spells that cure and not healing type magic as they sometimes mix that up like dark element and dark type magic. Also if you notice most jas and jobtraits have an element associated with it. Though it almost never actually matters who knows maybe now it will. And yes like all of dncs or at least /dnc jas are light element.

On a different note seems can only fit certain things into certain equipment. I'll Lol when some gets like a 10MAB that they can only fit into their Hauby
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't update them all at once? O.oa
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 12:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
You can't update them all at once? O.oa

I could but the connection would be super slow, so it would be a few hours.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2009-11-04 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Blu healing spells are Light magic btw. Well most of them not healing breeze but pollen magic fruit wild carrot are all light element however they aren't healing type magic... however who knows maybe they meant just spells that cure and not healing type magic as they sometimes mix that up like dark element and dark type magic. Also if you notice most jas and jobtraits have an element associated with it. Though it almost never actually matters who knows maybe now it will. And yes like all of dncs or at least /dnc jas are light element.

Hmmm... I haven't leveled a BLU (or unlocked it for that matter, lol!), so please forgive my ignorance in that matter =)

I guess it all depends on the nuances that SE will take on the matter. That's a lot of words just for Emnity -1, hehe. I can see it working for BLU now that you bring up this point, but for DNCs, I don't think so, because it is a "Job Ability" and not a "Magic" ability. But hey, you never know, it would work out like that too. SE has a tendency to do things that aren't intended, especially on a first release :/

IE, they seriously need to reword how Elemental Obis are described, because that's just impossible to figure out from it's text, but I do digress greatly now~
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks. I update both of my comps at once and it goes quickly each update. >.>
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-04 12:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Yakutatazu said:
Feels like a testing exercise for SE. What I mean is using ideas for FFXIV type endgame they might want some day, being tested with the live population of FFXI. If it goes over well, expect similar events in FFXIV.

I have to agree with this. I think it's very possible.

Overall, I think this update has a lot of possibilities. I'm going to leave my final opinion for when it is in place.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-04 13:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the perfect system to replace Augments.