Evolith System!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Evolith System!
Evolith System!
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-04 16:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
If you want simple, go to WoW. I think the system looks cool. And you'll be able to remove the Evolith slots as well.
 Ragnarok.Darksage
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Darksage 2009-11-04 16:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

its gonna come down to what Evolith stones they put out there and what worth while things u can attach it too...much like the augmented weapon NMs they added to WoTg areas, only so many were really worth the time of trying to get good aug. ex (fay crozier) for smn which is awsome if u cant get your hands on a bahamuts staff right away and even then there were a few nice augs i saw that could rival the +5 smn magic that B staff has. depending on situation...forgive me if im wrong.

another thing to think of is lower lvl gear for job u got that arent 75 yet and for lvl capped fights etc. i know having more -enmity at lvl30 for curing would be pwn. but im sure there will be limits as to what Evolith stones u can get depending on whether or not u have a 75 job.
[+]
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-11-04 17:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like there turning to a page of FFVII. Im very curious to learn more.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-11-04 17:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

haha !!! Finally they fulfilled their Promise :D

I Been telling ppl in Fairy Carbuncle Garuda Server About it

NOBODY Believed me ><

now they see for themselves

Augumenting their Weapons and Gear is R E A L

/cheer GL everyone and keep in touch :D

P.S. Vegetto and my Wife Filielle = the only ones who Believed me :3

Thank you Vegge and Mew ~
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-04 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Darksage said:
its gonna come down to what Evolith stones they put out there and what worth while things u can attach it too...much like the augmented weapon NMs they added to WoTg areas, only so many were really worth the time of trying to get good aug. ex (fay crozier) for smn which is awsome if u cant get your hands on a bahamuts staff right away and even then there were a few nice augs i saw that could rival the 5 smn magic that B staff has. depending on situation...forgive me if im wrong. another thing to think of is lower lvl gear for job u got that arent 75 yet and for lvl capped fights etc. i know having more -enmity at lvl30 for curing would be pwn. but im sure there will be limits as to what Evolith stones u can get depending on whether or not u have a 75 job.

Nirvana or GTFO
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-11-04 17:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a better option than randomly trying for augments.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-04 23:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dislike the Augment system...but this seems better cause you actually have control of it.
You pick the evolith(kinda?) and can always get rid of them =]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-05 00:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It just looks like it's going to be even more random than FoV augmenting to me, even with the "control" given. Say you get an Evolith with +5 STR, probably impossible but let's go with it anyway. This may be fire element, round shape, and size 10, you then get to attempt etching a slot that can take that onto your weapon 50 times before you get it, risking losing that weapon every time. So unless we can actually choose what the slots are going to be (highly doubtful, unless it's a merit type system where you have to have three different elements, 3 different shapes and only have 10 points for size between all three slots) it's going to be just as random as fov augmenting. But on top of that, how hard are the NM's going to be, and how many times will you have to kill the damn things to get an Evolith that's even worth putting your weapon? They could at least make Evolith's tradable so you as blm can swap your attack evolith with your warrior friends mab evolith.

I know I'm bitching about this before knowing the majority of the details, but I foresee massive fail with this <_<

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
haha !!! Finally they fulfilled their Promise :D

I Been telling ppl in Fairy Carbuncle Garuda Server About it

NOBODY Believed me ><

now they see for themselves

Augumenting their Weapons and Gear is R E A L

/cheer GL everyone and keep in touch :D

P.S. Vegetto and my Wife Filielle = the only ones who Believed me :3

Thank you Vegge and Mew ~

I have no *** clue what you're talking about, but I don't believe you.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-11-05 01:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:
You'll also notice that all the Evolith's listed so far are VERY specific. Axe weapons skill: 6 ATK (Only activated on WS use) Light elemental Healing Magic: Emnity -1 (Specifically LIGHT magic, so no BLU healing or Waltzs here)

Blu healing spells are Light magic btw. Well most of them not healing breeze but pollen magic fruit wild carrot are all light element however they aren't healing type magic... however who knows maybe they meant just spells that cure and not healing type magic as they sometimes mix that up like dark element and dark type magic. Also if you notice most jas and jobtraits have an element associated with it. Though it almost never actually matters who knows maybe now it will. And yes like all of dncs or at least /dnc jas are light element.

On a different note seems can only fit certain things into certain equipment. I'll Lol when some gets like a 10MAB that they can only fit into their Hauby

I think its actually talking about light elementals from summoners casting healing spells...
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 01:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Kyaaadaa said:
I think its actually talking about light elementals from summoners casting healing spells...

/slap
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-11-05 02:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the equivalent of what would be adding gems in WoW; only slightly more complicated and difficult I'd imagine.
 Hades.Lumei
Server: Hades
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2009-11-05 05:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5748&page=1#281709

More details released. FAIL. Thats all I can say.
 Fairy.Sari
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Sari 2009-11-05 05:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
It just looks like it's going to be even more random than FoV augmenting to me, even with the "control" given. Say you get an Evolith with 5 STR, probably impossible but let's go with it anyway. This may be fire element, round shape, and size 10, you then get to attempt etching a slot that can take that onto your weapon 50 times before you get it, risking losing that weapon every time. So unless we can actually choose what the slots are going to be (highly doubtful, unless it's a merit type system where you have to have three different elements, 3 different shapes and only have 10 points for size between all three slots) it's going to be just as random as fov augmenting. But on top of that, how hard are the NM's going to be, and how many times will you have to kill the damn things to get an Evolith that's even worth putting your weapon? They could at least make Evolith's tradable so you as blm can swap your attack evolith with your warrior friends mab evolith. I know I'm bitching about this before knowing the majority of the details, but I foresee massive fail with this <_<

I think you'll find the slots will only have different shapes and sizes etc to stop people sticking STR+5 in a lvl2 item, not just SE trying to piss you off.

The shapes will probably tier relative to the quality of the stats and the levels of the items, and the element will probably be Fire = STR etc, and we dont know if you can lose the weapon during synth, it may just be losing the stone itself, or the 'fee' you traded.