Once it's fixed, they need to release a follow up statement of

"It's working, we got things all Sortied out."
[+]
By Rips 2022-08-16 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
We all knew this would be a clusterfuck

They managed to clusterfuck+1 though, so that's new

It’s sometimes hilarious that they keep finding new ways to disappoint us.

Still, I hesitate to ***. I remember when this game was supposed to cease with content release in 2015 and here we are, 7 years later, still getting something.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Liam 2022-08-16 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

from the descriptions of the "Metal" KIs, you most likely need to farm them before you take on the boss to survive the TP moves?

"A nondescript sheet of metal of an obsidian hue. Protects against attacks of monsters found beyond Diaphanous Gadget #A."
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 14:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
from the descriptions of the "Metal" KIs, you most likely need to farm them before you take on the boss to survive the TP moves?

"A nondescript sheet of metal of an obsidian hue. Protects against attacks of monsters found beyond Diaphanous Gadget #A."

I know on the Boss for #B... If you do not have the metal then below like 30~40% he will start spamming a JA that does 2k AoE damage and silence. If you enter with the metal KI, then he just doesn't do it.

So likely having metal just stops abilities that would otherwise make the boss near impossible to kill.
[+]
By kishr 2022-08-16 14:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev Team was like how can we fuk this up and make a meme.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-16 14:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
I know on the Boss for #B... If you do not have the metal then below like 30~40% he will start spamming a JA that does 2k AoE damage and silence. If you enter with the metal KI, then he just doesn't do it.

So likely having metal just stops abilities that would otherwise make the boss near impossible to kill.

Hey BLUs, heard u mad about your Empy +2 gear. How about we let you learn that JA from these bosses? GL on your kill!
[+]
By Weeew 2022-08-16 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We had metal and it still spammed that JA. More likely related to something else.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 14:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

We had metal and it still spammed that JA. More likely related to something else.

Hmm what was your group?

We had Run,Cor,Brd,War,War,Whm. Everyone just used SB on this boss. Noticed he does have high counter attack though, so don't all stand on top of each other.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-08-16 14:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Version 1. It'll get prettier.

Metals (to weaken bosses) are general items and not used. They appear to work when in one's inventory (temp items)

It seems that Old Cases contain any job NQ earring with a low chance for +1, regardless what job you obtain it on or open it as.

+1 cases seem to contain +1 earrings, with an unconfirmed chance at +2

Have not seen +2 earrings yet. They might not come from cases, and instead from NMs?

Corrections to V1 map shown on this post below
  • Opening A1 spawns brown chest with temp general item, not KI

• "Device A" at (C-1) on the map below is actually "Diaphanous Gadget #A"

• "Diaphanous Gadget #B" should be at (N-1) nook. Verification needed.

• "Zone A" consists of Map 1, Map 2, and Map 3. "Zone B" is Map 4. Unknown what Map 5/6 are.

• "Devices" are at (I-5) and (J-7) so far.

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-16 15:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
SE: we want it as easy as abyssea. if not easier. Meanwhile: well geared people are getting 20k ability's thrown at them from the NMs.

Didn't they say the reason they delayed it was that NMs were doing *** up damage? It may be safe to assume they either failed to fix it or broke it in a new way.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-16 15:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
SE: we want it as easy as abyssea. if not easier. Meanwhile: well geared people are getting 20k ability's thrown at them from the NMs.

Didn't they say the reason they delayed it was that NMs were doing *** up damage? It may be safe to assume they either failed to fix it or broke it in a new way.

Or they had to delay it because it wasn't doing crazy damage!
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-16 15:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They said that bugs were causing adverse effects on the difficulty, but we don't know what they were doing or if it was too easy or too hard because of them.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-08-16 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I just have to assume people weren't around when Abyssea was relevant content.

There were lots of mechanics and if you ignore them, you die or the mob becomes unmanageable.

I mean, SE doesn't have the best track record when it comes to bugs so maybe it's a bug, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that there's a mechanic which isn't "Savage Blade the thing" which we're missing. Maybe they messed up the damage on that ability or failed to fix it, but it could just as easily be that you're supposed to have some KI, bring some item from a chest, make a SC and magic burst it, blind it, slow it, cast a nuke from the same element as the current day, use a 1hr, or any number of other mechanics. Maybe you're supposed to stun his spells or other WS, maybe he does this in reaction to being SC'd, or not being SC'd.

Regardless, I think 10 hours after the content is released is a little early to assume that the mob killing you is a result of a bug.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 15:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quick video of Boss #B Leshonn. Pretty straight forward tbh, buff and spank. He does seem to have high counter attack. Was a joke with metal KI.
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2022-08-16 15:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw you get a old case, what was in it?
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 15:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ragnarzero said: »
I saw you get a old case, what was in it?

... I don't know because the zone crashed.... Still haven't been able to get back online. :,)

However, pretty sure it gives you a random earring.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-16 16:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So if one charcter dc's it's impossible to get them back into the group, tried everything. Kinda sucked the fun out of my run.

Not much to report other than tank really didn't seem needed at all, even for the NM - but definitely don't try the NM without a metal as you will die. Doesn't look you can back out from the room either if you decide to go up :(
 Asura.Seraphical
By Asura.Seraphical 2022-08-16 16:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it just gives any random earring with more random augments
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-08-16 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

boss one shots if you do same sc over and over, we were doing darkness and then it one shot us all. Maybe the mechanic is different but thats how we saw it. We should have alternated light to dark or something

Also- does the sapphire drop from the boss to all players or is it just 1 drop that is lotted? Does thief TH play a role in a any way here in Sortie?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-08-16 16:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Old box gives you a random ??? earring: <JOB> usable item. Using that item gives you the earring for that job with the augs.
[+]
By macsdf1 2022-08-16 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

no lines here in bismark
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-16 16:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was really hoping the box would give you the earring for the job that you open it up on. Kind of stupid.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-16 16:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Checked queue at 5:12PM

You are currently 0409 in line, with 0372 in front of you

Just checked 5:32 (20 minutes later)

You are currently 0413 in line, with 0372 in front of you

Line literally didn't move, but grew by 4 pages :/

I am about to start selling queue entry spots 5 hours in advance.

macsdf1 said: »
no lines here in bismark

I'll be there in ten minutes,. Who got a LS for me?
By Viciouss 2022-08-16 16:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Was really hoping the box would give you the earring for the job that you open it up on. Kind of stupid.

When have they ever done that? It's never been that easy.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-16 16:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

the dats had cases for each specific earring NQ to +2 but only old case up to +1, this makes me think to get the +2 earrings you will have to find a way to get the job specific earring cases and get the +2 ones.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-16 16:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Checked queue at 5:12PM

You are currently 0409 in line, with 0372 in front of you

Just checked 5:32 (20 minutes later)

You are currently 0413 in line, with 0372 in front of you

Line literally didn't move, but grew by 4 pages :/

I am about to start selling queue entry spots 5 hours in advance.

macsdf1 said: »
no lines here in bismark

I'll be there in ten minutes,. Who got a LS for me?

I'm pretty sure he's the only player on bismark... :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 16:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seraphical said: »
Asura.Seraphical said: »
Still waiting for a GM to respond. Hoping they can just move my char back to Homepoint. Which I know they can, but will they?

I made a GM call on one of my mules but they got back to me and said I needed to report it via the Support Centre. Unfortunately their operating hours are 8am to 6pm BST therefore they were closed. I sent off an email about it, so who knows when they will get back to me.

Have a link / email to that?

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=455&la=2 then just click on the "Get Support" button under Customer Service. You'll need to fill a few things out before you can submit a ticket.

Got a reply........... I have several issues with it though...

Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support team.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response to your report regarding log in issues and game crashing and for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. There are a number of situations that can cause the error you are describing. Please try the following troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the issue:

- Check to make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements. Be aware that integrated graphics cards (e.g. Intel HD graphics) are not supported. If so, try adjusting various graphical settings, resolutions and switching between windowed and fullscreen to see if this affects the issue.

- Update your Windows Operating System using Windows Update. Make sure to install any optional updates as these aren't installed automatically.

- Update/reinstall your graphics card drivers (preferably a clean install)

- Disable all programs/overlays running in the background

- Make sure your anti-virus software has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV

- Make sure that your hardware is not overheating and remove any overclocks you may have on your GPU or CPU. Check that any fans or vents aren't being blocked.

- Remove any mods or injectors from the game or system (Reshade, Nvidia Freestyle, etc.). Also, remove any custom configurations made using driver-level programs (Nvidia Control Panel, Radeon Crimson).

- Turn off Fullscreen Optimizations. Find the executable file for the game (normally found in the install folder), right-click it and select 'Properties'. Under the 'Compatibility' tab, check the box labeled 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations', then click 'Apply'.

- Perform a clean boot by doing the following: Open the Task Manager and select the 'Start Up' Tab. disable everything here and restart the PC.

Should the issue still persist after attempting all the listed troubleshooting, we advise that you reinstall the game (make sure to remove or rename the 'Final Fantasy XIV' folder in the 'My Documents' > 'My Games' folder). You can re-download the game client at the following link. : http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na

We recommend that the game be installed on the C: drive, as installing it on any drive that is not the default may cause more problems.

If the issue is still present after the reinstallation of the game, please respond to this email with a FINAL FANTASY XIV System Report. On the game launcher, select 'Config' option and to the right of 'System Information' click on 'Display.'

If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Nancy
SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
If you need any additional assistance with this concern, please reply to this email directly. If you need assistance with a new concern, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center and submit a new support ticket at: https://support.na.square-enix.com. Additionally, we have a survey that you may fill out to provide your customer service feedback and suggestions once your ticket has been closed.

1st.. Wrong game... I definitely meet the minimum specs for the game... It is not an issue on my side... Not going to reinstall because 1 of my characters is stuck unable to log in and the others can log in..
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-08-16 16:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
"Diaphanous Gadget #B" should be at (N-1) nook. Verification needed.

This is correct. Just found it there. Brings you to Leshonn.
By kishr 2022-08-16 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just skim through all the streams I posted,
Can figure a lot out.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-16 16:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that song new? Sounds like something from XIII, in a good way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 148 149 150