Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 147 148 149
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-29 12:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
FWIW, there is a 5% chance to upgrade from NQ box to a +1 earring. This is a large sample size that I've collected and has stayed very consistent all the way up. I don't have anywhere close to enough +1 boxes/+2 earrings recorded to say if it is the same there.

That lines up with what I posted earlier in the month, despite the smaller sample size.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just did a count from my mules. 2/48 +1 cases, so around 4~5% drop rate so far. Low sample size though.

I probably have maybe 40 more of these and have only seen 2 other +1 earrings (no +2s). Still lines up in the 4-5% mark
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-29 13:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the corses immune to fire MBs or some ***? Was making lights and I was unable to get a single fire MB off for some reason. Had to switch to aero.
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-29 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They can be magic bursted with fire just fine. Maybe your chat log was lagging. There is no such thing as a mob that's immune to magic bursts. Some mobs may take no damage because of mechanics sure, but all can be bursted on regardless.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-29 14:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, it was just really....strange. I tried about a dozen or so bursts and it was just normal nukes. Burst Affinity w/ Anvil Lightning and Aero has no issues, but for the life of me I couldn't get a fire burst off.
By SimonSes 2022-09-29 14:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Ya, it was just really....strange. I tried about a dozen or so bursts and it was just normal nukes. Burst Affinity w/ Anvil Lightning and Aero has no issues, but for the life of me I couldn't get a fire burst off.

you sure it wasnt fragmentation? :D
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-29 14:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

you sure it wasnt fragmentation? :D

lol ya I’m sure. I feel like sometimes ***just breaks inside Sortie for no reason at all.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-29 16:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
FWIW, there is a 5% chance to upgrade from NQ box to a +1 earring. This is a large sample size that I've collected and has stayed very consistent all the way up. I don't have anywhere close to enough +1 boxes/+2 earrings recorded to say if it is the same there.

That lines up with what I posted earlier in the month, despite the smaller sample size.

Just did a count from my mules. 2/48 +1 cases, so around 4~5% drop rate so far. Low sample size though.

I probably have maybe 40 more of these and have only seen 2 other +1 earrings (no +2s). Still lines up in the 4-5% mark

Just to be clear, I haven't been parsing my drops. I've actually been parsing people opening (hence why my data is no good for NQ box vs +1 box rates - people don't always open them right outside of Sortie). I can only speak to the chances of getting a +1 from an NQ box at this point (5%).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-29 17:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be the same drop rate for upgraded earring from each box type

Nq case: ~5% chance at hq1 earring
Hq case: ~5% chance at hq2 earring
By Sockfoot 2022-09-29 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible. My +1 case count is currently 56 with only a single +2 earring out of that. Again, unfortunately not everyone pops all of their boxes right outside of the exit, but that seems the best place to parse as many do. FWIW, this is built-in to SortieHUD, command 'sh report' will show your counts. I was too lazy to have it save the counts and so I would just manually update the variables, but it could be done without too much trouble (but also without too much benefit, hence me not doing it).
By Viciouss 2022-09-30 21:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Having some trouble getting the key on Floor C. I teleport in using the device, run to open a B door, then run to C1 and open it without killing anything. Nothing happens. I actually get a chest from opening C2. Anyone know what I'm missing?
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-30 21:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Having some trouble getting the key on Floor C. I teleport in using the device, run to open a B door, then run to C1 and open it without killing anything. Nothing happens. I actually get a chest from opening C2. Anyone know what I'm missing?
Whenever I have someone get that temp item, I always have them open door C2 and it always works.
By Viciouss 2022-09-30 21:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the chest from C2 tonight and it didn't have the key. I had to shake loose some aggro without killing it, does that mess it up?
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-01 09:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the chest from C2 tonight and it didn't have the key. I had to shake loose some aggro without killing it, does that mess it up?

My 100% method of getting Chest #C1 is to teleport to Device B, run up to the Thunder Elementals, then open the Locked B Door to the Ghouls, sneak and navigate to Door C1. It always pop the Chest when I open the door.

I usually open the C1 Door while hunting for Bhoot so I get the chest very often. However, if the Bhoot NM appears, I will kill it and skip Chest #C1.
By Seraphpdh 2022-10-01 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time we have done it, we have killed nothing in C yet, and no one has aggro.
By Viciouss 2022-10-01 17:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »

My 100% method of getting Chest #C1 is to teleport to Device B, run up to the Thunder Elementals, then open the Locked B Door to the Ghouls, sneak and navigate to Door C1. It always pop the Chest when I open the door.

I usually open the C1 Door while hunting for Bhoot so I get the chest very often. However, if the Bhoot NM appears, I will kill it and skip Chest #C1.

I'm not having a hard time getting the chest to appear, I can't get the Key to D. It hasn't dropped into my temps using the method the wiki lays out.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-10-01 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

C2 contains the plate, not the key. If you’re looking for the key to C, it’s by opening a locked B door, then opening C1 without killing anything in Sector C. The key to D is opening D1 and D2 within a certain timeframe. Not really sure what you’re after tbh.
By Viciouss 2022-10-01 18:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have the plate, I'm after the key. I teleport to floor C, I go open the B door next to the device, get a chest there, then run up the room past the corse, ghosts, and skeles to C1, no killing, open C1, no key.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2022-10-01 19:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it has. As I said like four posts up, I opened C2 last night, got a chest and it didn't have a key.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-01 21:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not having a hard time getting the chest to appear, I can't get the Key to D. It hasn't dropped into my temps using the method the wiki lays out.

I mean instead of teleporting to C directly, just teleport to Device B and walk from there to C1 using the door near the Thunder Elementals.
By Viciouss 2022-10-01 21:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's what I ended up doing today and it finally worked. I got the key right away, thanks. That was a pretty weird thing, especially since I am sure I have opened that door before.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-02 00:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My solo route so far:

• Enter, use Reraise Ring/Item!!! (Couple of runs ended early with a bad Fomor weaponskill)

• Widescan for Leech NM from the big hall

• Teleport to Device A, summon Trusts (if not mage job, for Chest A2), widescan for Leech NM

• Move to open locked Door D near Device A, widescan for Fomor NM

• Teleport to Device D, drop Wing for Chest D2, widescan for Fomor NM

• Open D2 Door and widescan for Fomor NM

• Move towards Gadget D and continue scan for Fomor NM

• Kill D NM if in good spot, kill 3 other Fomors for coffer.

• Teleport to Device B and widescan for Porxie NM and kill it. Kill the elementals before NM for Casket B1 if possible to pop Coffer B (i.e. COR).

• Open B locked door to C1 door, search for Bhoot NM.

• Head to C1 Door and continue to search for Bhoot NM.

• After the 4 NMs are killed and Aurum Coffer opened, farm for Shard A/Metal A on Acceux

• Summon trusts for Area A Boss NM and head for A Boss NM

Usually Leech NM is not found initially, so I will come back to Area A after killing the other NMs and kill it while farming Shard/Metal. It could also be found in Area D while searching for the Fomor NM.
[+]
By drakefs 2022-10-02 15:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
My solo route so far:

If your subjob is not required, you can sub /SMN and solo pull the room with the single fomor party in it. Pulled in the order of WAR, MNK, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, you can get 2 more chances at cases\sapphires. If you kill the D NM first, you also get the 3 kills along the way as well.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-02 23:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Which monsters are immune to sleep in Sortie?
Are they immune to both light-based and dark-based sleeps?
By drakefs 2022-10-03 00:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which monsters are immune to sleep in Sortie?
Are they immune to both light-based and dark-based sleeps?

The only ones I know that resist all sleeps (light or dark) is fomors.
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-10-03 01:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, only Demisang mobs are resistant to any form of sleep. Not sure if I ever tried to sleep Corses though.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-10-03 01:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's already been said a few times before, but IMO it's worth slotting in Entomb for the BLU to help with crowd control if anything goes sideways with the fomor (like needing to pull the NM and the entire room decides to say hi) - It does work, even if duration seems to get resisted often.

Of course, the other thing that works well in those scenarios is just booking it toward the nearest warp thingamajig and disappearing. You can kinda-sorta 'carby pull' this way if need be.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-03 01:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is excellent crowd control for the entire event, but especially on Fomors.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-03 02:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With movement speed+ gear, you can pull the Fomor train very far away and warp back to pick off the remaining ones.

I have pulled them from Locked Door D, through the Aceux to the starting Device and teleport back to Device D to pick off the remaining ones. They took a while to walk back.

If the NM is at the head of the train, you can just teleport away and back immediately to pick it off.

I do wish superwarp would support teleporting in Sortie, as it is more reliable to teleport when being hit by mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-03 07:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So while fomors seem to be immune to both light and dark based sleeps, they are not immune to Entomb and Spectral Floe, hmmm.

Not sure that's a reliable crowd control but, hey, better than nothing I guess.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 147 148 149