First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-01 00:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Do you guys open +1 cases when you get them or let them stack for a while and then open them all at the same time?

There's no chance that someone at SE bothered to code a bonus chance to get a better result by using more than 1 case in a row, I refuse to believe it.

I firmly believe in the time value of money principle of Sortie earrings. Open the case immediately because if it's something you can use, you can use it now rather than waiting 2 weeks. This way you get 2 weeks' worth of use out of the earring you wouldn't have if you waited.
By drakefs 2024-05-01 00:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys open +1 cases when you get them or let them stack for a while and then open them all at the same time?

Why would you sit on a potential +2?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-05-01 01:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'd say I've probably opened somewhere around 500 +1 cases at this point.

That's a *** lot. I have also played pretty much every single day since release, but can't imagine we have gotten more than 150-200 at best. We did stop doing Aminon after 4 meisos, which was around 30-ish Aminons, and just recently started back and have done maybe another ~15, but 500 still seems like quite a lot. Must have been good RNG.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-05-01 01:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You gotta charge the +1 cases up. If you open up a bunch of NQ cases and DON'T get a +1, you have a higher chance to get a +2 earring from the +1. I try to open up at least 10 NQ cases without getting a +1 earring before I open a +1 case. The one that max rolled was when I had like 15 charges on it.

Source: I feel it in my bones.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-01 08:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you doing it all wrong, barely done sortie in any meaningful level, no stage 3, maybe 40 case +1 and 7 earring +2 (BLMx2, PLD, THF, BST x2 and another I forgot the name), the key is to don’t play those jobs, not master, not even 99 or even better not unlock…. Only my THF was the exception to that rule. Now you all know Gav’s secret…
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-01 08:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Why would you sit on a potential +2?

Is it a +2 if you never open it? Schrodinger's old case +1?
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-05-01 09:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've definitely not been consistent. I got 1 from my very first +1 case when basement wasn't even out yet, just getting unlock on a job. I didn't see another one until august of last year. Between August and September of last year, I got 9. I got maybe 2 or 3 more through december, then didn't see another one until late march.

Only 1 has been perfect (ironically, also BLU). I've got 2 dupe SMNs. 13 total.

I've been running with a static almost daily since basement came out. We've been doing some variation of Aminon since June last year. For the first months or so, we'd do a different path every day, and do Aminon + 6/7, so we'd get 3-5 Aminons in a week.

Precisely why some form of reasonable trade system would be welcome IMO. Getting duplicates is infuriating enough, let alone on a job you don't really play. I've managed to get various +2's but amongst them I have now got x3 THF and x2 BST. All of which I would gladly trade for random roll WAR+2 at this point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chriztian
user: Chriztian
By Carbuncle.Chriztian 2024-05-01 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is, does more TH increase the chance of getting a +1 old case when defeating bosses?

Has anyone tested and can refer me to the link with the findings?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-01 13:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »

That's a *** lot. I have also played pretty much every single day since release, but can't imagine we have gotten more than 150-200 at best. We did stop doing Aminon after 4 meisos, which was around 30-ish Aminons, and just recently started back and have done maybe another ~15, but 500 still seems like quite a lot. Must have been good RNG.

My 500 number is probably off, but since June last year I've been getting 25-30 just from the guaranteed Aminon drop per month. I'm not sure why people don't incorporate Aminon into their strategies if they have the capability to do it regularly. Aminon + 1 basement boss ends up being just as good as 8 boss without aminon in terms of muffins. It's actually easier imo than doing 8 boss. NQ Aminon gets the +1 guaranteed too, it doesn't have to be HQ.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-01 13:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Aminon + 1 basement boss ends up being just as good as 8 boss without aminon in terms of muffins.

Umm...what?

30k+10k = 40k
10kx4 + 2kx4 = 48k, plus the extra muffins from the objectives you need to do to get all those bosses. Our 8 boss runs typically get about 55k

If you can get Aminon+2 basement, it's definitely more muffins on average, but doing 2 basement bosses plus the objectives to get their KIs with Aminon jobs, after setting up and killing Aminon, isn't all that easy. Melee mode 8 boss is pretty braindead easy by comparison and has very little risk of anything going wrong, whereas with Aminon a single TP move means your run just went from 40k to maybe 25k.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Aminon+basement is worth more if you can do it, but I wouldn't say it's easier, and only becomes worth more muffins if you're really efficient.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-01 13:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my goodness you are the most literal person ever. Use your brain a bit and expand. Often if you want to do at least 1 basement boss with Aminon you have to do at least 1 upstairs boss.

Edit: It's easier means killing aminon in a lot of ways much easier in terms of technical difficulty than dealing with the mechanics of the other basement NMs (imo means In my opinion).
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-01 13:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my goodness you are the most literal person ever. Use your brain a bit and expand. Often if you want to do at least 1 basement boss with Aminon you have to do at least 1 upstairs boss.

Oh yeah you're right, I'm so stupid and I can't do math.

30k+10k+2k = 42k

...***, is 42k > 48k? I think we might still have a problem here, IMO.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-05-01 14:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my goodness you are the most literal person ever.

*** tell me about it. Every time I say, "everyone thinks X" he shits a brick. Obviously, there's nothing in the world everyone agrees on and I was being hyperbolic, but he still has a *** aneurysm. Every time.

In this instance though, the literal numbers are important. They aren't the same thing, it's a difference of 13k muffins, which is huge over time.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-01 14:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I'm sure Aminon+basement is worth more if you can do it, but I wouldn't say it's easier, and only becomes worth more muffins if you're really efficient

I'm not at all saying that you are the one doing it, but people tend to exaggerate some stuff, most likely to feel good about their accomplishments.

If you look at the requirements to do aminon, NQ, or hard mode, take the time look at the gearsets (TP Absorb for example), aminon becomes a piece of cake. There was so much fuzz around aminon HM that when I did it I was like... is this boss just gonna sit there and die? It takes some coordination, but not more than what it takes to kill H-F.

I honestly think that groups doing 8-boss runs are more than prepared to do aminon (especially NQ).

(disclaimer: IMO, not scientific, not tested in a spreadsheet, casual comment, information not backed up by the ministry of truth, might contain facts I don't like, not literal.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-01 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am of the opinion that groups regularly doing 8 boss clears should absolutely start adding in Aminon. I remember being shocked at how easy our first kill was, albeit long. And sure, there will be runs where you get cranked by Aminon while you're learning the fight, but once you get it down you'll be on the 9 boss grind in no time and that's 80k and an Old Case +1 every run. It's FUN!
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-01 15:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I am of the opinion that groups regularly doing 8 boss clears should absolutely start adding in Aminon. I remember being shocked at how easy our first kill was, albeit long. And sure, there will be runs where you get cranked by Aminon while you're learning the fight, but once you get it down you'll be on the 9 boss grind in no time and that's 80k and an Old Case +1 every run. It's FUN!
I suspect the only thing holding groups back from aminon is making sets for absorb-tp.
I know many of our group's members are dragging their feet at making magic acc sets on say COR, or occult sets rdm or geo. Think one of our drk's doesn't have twilight cloak still.
I should really make an occult head for rdm. i use mallquis for geo occult but rdm can't wear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-01 16:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah you're right, I'm so stupid and I can't do math.

30k+10k+2k = 42k

...***, is 42k > 48k? I think we might still have a problem here, IMO.

Please quote me where I said it would be more than >. I said a very general and not at all exact thing. "as good as." That doesn't even mean exactly equal.

To me, the guaranteed +1 case offsets the difference in muffins. Making it AS GOOD AS doing just an 8 boss. We're not talking about a difference of 13k like said above, we're talking about a difference of 6k.

Regardless, I'm not aware of any groups that do Aminon, and are consistently only able to get him and 1 basement boss in a run. So this is a moot point. If you're group is able to do aminon consistently, you can likely do 2 or even 3 basements no problem, so I guess the hypothetical exact break even point on only muffins doesn't even effing matter.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-01 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Please quote me where I said it would be more than >. I said a very general and not at all exact thing. "as good as." That doesn't even mean exactly equal.

I already directly quoted it in my original post, do you need me to quote the exact same thing again? "As good as" = equivalent. You also said
in terms of muffins.

Don't blame me for taking your words literally.

As another example you could say if you got two job offers:
Option A 100k/yr with 3 weeks' vacation time
Option B 90k/yr with 5 weeks' vacation time

You might say Option B is "just as good" as Option A. I would probably refrain from saying it's "just as good in terms of salary" because that would be...factually incorrect.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-01 19:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

because that would be...factually incorrect.

[+]
By K123 2024-05-02 07:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kadokawa
Server: Bahamut
user: Kadokawa
By Bahamut.Kadokawa 2024-05-07 04:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys been playing for one hour daily for a year or so, to get 10+ +2 earring which some of them repeated, those earrings are really rare, I hope they fix this stupid RNG.
By Taint 2024-05-07 07:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kadokawa said: »
You guys been playing for one hour daily for a year or so, to get 10+ +2 earring which some of them repeated, those earring are really rare, I hope they fix this stupid RNG.

I've gone most every day for a year (mostly 5-8 boss runs) and I've gotten 2 +2 earrings, they were almost a year a part and neither will ever get used. (not farming Aminion)
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2024-05-07 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've currently managed to get 3 +2s, averaging around 3-4 runs a week. Total muffins earned is 9,472,682.

The rate is certainly low, I'm curious if anyone else knows how many they got in relation to total muffins.
[+]
By Titorinho 2024-05-07 12:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps an outlier but I have done ~500,000 muffins worth of runs. I have 4 +2’s with one of them a perfect Pld earring.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-07 12:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I said this on another page of this thread or on another thread but it's several layers of random so comparing muffins to +2 earrings is not likely to be an accurate measure of results. You can get +1 cases off a box that gives 300 muffins or a boss that gives 10k or 30k. Some people could be doing lots of boxes and naakuals, others could be doing lots of 10k/30k bosses.

Beyond that, there's the random chance of getting a box and then the random chance of it having a +2 earring in it.

Even within my group, we have one who has earned ~10m muffins and has 0 +2 earrings, a couple guys with 15~20m muffins and 2 +2, and then 3 with ~20m muffins and 9-12 +2 earrings.

It's random. 3 +2 out of 10m muffins is pretty unlucky, but not unheard of. You're like...bottom 1/3 of luck I guess based on what I've experienced and reading others' testimonials on here.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-05-07 13:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 15 +2 ears at about 23,000,000 Gallimaufry. But it's so random. The other night I saw somebody pull three +2 ears out of four cases. . . and on the other hand I popped 75 Old Case +1s on an alt and only got one. The system is GREAT!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-07 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres an updated JP button for Sortie earrings, i cant find the host github though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-05-07 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »
I've currently managed to get 3 +2s, averaging around 3-4 runs a week. Total muffins earned is 9,472,682.

The rate is certainly low, I'm curious if anyone else knows how many they got in relation to total muffins.

2 Stage 5 weapons = 17,000,000
110 +2 armor = 1,100,000
52 +3 armor = 3,640,000

Total: 21,740,000 gallimaufry, 6 +2 earrings (0 max aug)
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-07 17:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Total: 21,740,000 gallimaufry, 6 +2 earrings (0 max aug)

Fenrir.Velner said: »
have 15 +2 ears at about 23,000,000 Gallimaufry. But it's so random. The other night I saw somebody pull three +2 ears out of four cases. . . and on the other hand I popped 75 Old Case +1s on an alt and only got one. The system is GREAT!

Is there a clear distinction as to when you got the majority of your +2s in terms of pre and post hard mode aminon? Or it was pretty evenly distributed?

I still believe that after they realized that people were murdering aminon on a daily basis they drastically decreased the +2 rate.
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155