First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 149 150 151
 Bismarck.Xagashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2024-04-02 12:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »

Proper management of TP, FMs, and ability cooldowns allows DNC to apply level 10 Box Step (DEF-23%), Haste Daze, and use 3x ~99999 WSes within the first ~6 seconds of each fight.

Just curious, how are you setting up a 3x ~99999 with CF? Or is more that it's CF > WS > RF > WS > tp gain and just another close capped 9s?
By alamihgo 2024-04-02 18:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

CF > WS(1) > RF > WS(2) > Jump (3) > High Jump (4) > No Foot Rise (+250TP) > WS (5)

You can afford 1 attack round without losing Climactic early, but it's tricky.
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-02 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xagashi said: »
Fenrir.Positron said: »

Proper management of TP, FMs, and ability cooldowns allows DNC to apply level 10 Box Step (DEF-23%), Haste Daze, and use 3x ~99999 WSes within the first ~6 seconds of each fight.

Just curious, how are you setting up a 3x ~99999 with CF? Or is more that it's CF > WS > RF > WS > tp gain and just another close capped 9s?

What alamihgo said. Also on ground floor bosses I can often get a 99999 on the opener without Climactic (just Building). So the opener looks like:
-15s Presto
-13s Haste Samba
-10s Building Flourish
0s Box Step
1s Ruthless Stroke
(wait for TP, ~3s w/ Samurai Roll)
4s Presto
5s Climactic Flourish
6s Box Step
7s Ruthless Stroke
9s Reverse Flourish
10s Ruthless Stroke
12s High Jump
13s Jump
14s No Foot Rise
15s Ruthless Stroke.

Even if I fail to get the last WS inside Climactic, the fight should be just about over at this point if the other members are keeping their own WSes going as quickly as possible.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-04-05 14:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-06 01:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
we use PLD on KotR

Damn, is there finally a use for Excal now?
By LazyDude 2024-04-08 02:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone happen to know the exact evasion of what gartell is (F Boss) i can't seem to find it. i've been trying to have us shoot for 1700 accuracy but dont know if thats overkill or not
By buttplug 2024-04-08 03:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably more than enough... What's your groups setup? If you run with either a GEO/RDM... Torpor/Distract helps if missing...
[+]
By LazyDude 2024-04-08 03:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

so we are doing a standard hard mode aminon 9 boss setup with geo/drk dnc/drg pld/run rdm/drk brd/drk cor/drk and we do Minuet X3 Madrigal X2(Marcato Blade Madrigal) Honor March. with entrust indi precision and we kite the boss with indi gravity and geo frailty. This assumes everyone is roughly 1200 accuracy without food or buffs or ionis. mainly do it that way if its in thunder hands mode since distract probably isnt going to land if it is.

was just thinking we can trade out entrust precision with fury but that puts us at about 1620ish on accuracy. Haven't really tested it myself
By buttplug 2024-04-08 03:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right... I do MB style haha... Was thinking DNC/GEO/RDM would be able to debuff them...
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-04-08 08:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a general recap, finding pieces here and there but no general recap, something like:

A/E:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

B/F:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

C/G
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

D/H:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

Aminion (easy):
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

Don’t have a full group yet but a short, to the point recap will help tremendously.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-08 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

LazyDude said: »
so we are doing a standard hard mode aminon 9 boss setup with geo/drk dnc/drg pld/run rdm/drk brd/drk cor/drk and we do Minuet + Minuet + Madrigal + (Marcato Blade Madrigal) + Honor March. with entrust indi precision and we kite the boss with indi gravity and geo frailty. This assumes everyone is roughly 1200 accuracy without food or buffs or ionis. mainly do it that way if its in thunder hands mode since distract probably isnt going to land if it is.

was just thinking we can trade out entrust precision with fury but that puts us at about 1620ish on accuracy. Haven't really tested it myself

Have you thought to look at the bg wiki page for him where it explicitly states his evasion or are you just a LazyDude
By Taint 2024-04-08 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
Looking for a general recap, finding pieces here and there but no general recap, something like:

A/E:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

B/F:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

C/G
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

D/H:
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

Aminion (easy):
Buff:
Debuff:
WS/skillchain:
Tips

Don’t have a full group yet but a short, to the point recap will help tremendously.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Sortie#Notorious_Monsters

We did that exercise last year but there are too many variables to make a list. BGWIKI has all the information you really need to maximize your party.

If you have specific questions I'm sure we can assist. I've personally failed/succeeded about every way possible in Sortie.
[+]
By LazyDude 2024-04-08 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
so we are doing a standard hard mode aminon 9 boss setup with geo/drk dnc/drg pld/run rdm/drk brd/drk cor/drk and we do Minuet X3 Madrigal X2(Marcato Blade Madrigal) Honor March. with entrust indi precision and we kite the boss with indi gravity and geo frailty. This assumes everyone is roughly 1200 accuracy without food or buffs or ionis. mainly do it that way if its in thunder hands mode since distract probably isnt going to land if it is.

Have you thought to look at the bg wiki page for him where it explicitly states his evasion or are you just a LazyDude

dont gotta be jealous because you can't do hard mode aminon with all bosses bro
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-08 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone happen to know the exact evasion of what gartell is (F Boss) i can't seem to find it. i've been trying to have us shoot for 1700 accuracy but dont know if thats overkill or not

Sorry, I quoted the wrong one... you asked for literally some of the easiest information to find. But you "searched everywhere"
By alamihgo 2024-04-08 14:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
Would help to know your planned party composition.
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-08 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested to see a more thorough breakdown of melee 9boss myself.
If you're looking for a mage method one:

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
We were able to beat ABCDEFGH + Aminon all in one run today, albeit just barely. Entered with Fragments 1+2, no Shards or Metals, and beat the final boss (Gartell) with just 45 seconds remaining. Ended up with about 80k Gallimaufry from that run.

Job Composition: SCH/DRK, RDM/DRK, BLM/SCH, RUN/SCH, COR/DNC, GEO/DRK. BLM/DRK is not necessary if Monk's Roll is used and the GEO, RDM, and SCH keep using Absorb-TP off cooldown. COR/DNC offers more damage with Skillchain Bonus Trait and offhand Dagger vs. more TP with /SAM - we never really have TP issues after Tactician's Roll is up on Aminon, so /DNC seems better overall. RUN/SCH is mainly for Accession Sneak+Invis to speed things up after boss kills.

Initial buffs/Shard farming:

ABCDEFGH Bosses:

Aminon:

Overall, doing 9/9 bosses consistently is probably not going to happen right now - even with perfect execution, you still need at least some luck with Bitzers, COR, and Gartell/Aita element swaps. However, if you prioritize missing Fragments and keep doing Aminon every time you get 4, you can kill Aminon 3-4 times in a row before missing him on one run and just doing 8/8 instead, which is a higher average galli count than alternating runs.

If you're dead set on going for 9/9 bosses, my advice is don't do Aminon last. Try to end on Gartell, Triboulex, or Aita, to minimize bitzer RNG. Doing Aminon earlier also guarantees you don't miss out on 30k galli if you fall short.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-04-08 15:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A/E/C/G you want to use light aligned WS/SCs (avoid distortion or darkness on A/E especially). B/F you want to do darkness side of the house. D/H depends on the element but you will use WS/SCs aligned opposite of the current element.

Typical buffs...honor min min min aria (or herculean if you dont have prime). Sam Chaos. Dia3. Don't debuff (dia, paralyze,etc.) B/F if its thunder hand or Zap will pretty much wipe you. If its wind hand you probably want to kite. Swap one of the minuets to a madrigal for pretty much all basement bosses.

Like alamihgo said, probably would help to know your party comp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-04-08 17:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So we can do any style, my old group of friends is coming back, slowly, 1-2/week and we haven’t done almost any 6-8-9 NM sortie (no prime either), we did some pre/100K. And because we can get together so little, I was looking for a “recap” (to lessens the re-discovering the wheel) more specifically on WS combo, where debuff land (ex: can land impact on C/G but watch out for thunder hands?!?) or not (is there mob where defense down doesn’t land for example?).

Melee is more our style (every1 is R25/R15), we can do mage (can cover all there as well, 2 SCH, mBLM…) but we like swinging. We can cover the melee 9/9 setup as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-08 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie 9NM Melee Blueprint
Setup: DNC/DRG, PLD/SCH, RDM/DRK, GEO/DRK, BRD/DRK, COR/DRK
Primary Route: A → Am → E → B → C → D → G → H → F
Recommended Consumables: Silent Oil, Prism Powder, Panacea, Remedy, Icarus Wing, Marine Stewpot (All), Oden +1 (All), Omelette Sandwich (PLD), Grape Daifuku +1 (DNC)
Pre-run suggestions: Naturalist’s Roll, Perpetuance Regen V from an outside SCH if possible (kick the PLD), Haste II, Protect and Shell. These all carry through, and the Regen will help deal with Ghatjot’s poison.

Buff Summary

Route Summary

Boss Strategies

Amendments will be made as necessary in collaboration with Positron and anyone else who wants to put in some information that I've missed. I don't play all of these jobs in Sortie so my knowledge on them only goes as far as the obvious. Minmax optimizations are lost on me for PLD, BRD, GEO, etc. Worth noting that it's probably possible to do this with DRK as the main DD w/ an Impact TP generator set and Origin to refill MP, maybe NIN with Ambuscade Katana, but I have 0 experience with any setup that doesn't use DNC so I'm not going to write about them. If you want to know about a normal 8NM run using SAM or WAR and DRK though I got you. Positron and Velner both have full runs posted on their Youtube channels if you're a visual learner. Almost everything I know about the 9NM melee setup comes from learning from their trials.

I'm also not going to write a guide on how to cheat. If you need speed hacks and anchor to do this that's your business but I'm not going to accommodate you, figure it out yourself.
[+]
By LazyDude 2024-04-08 19:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I quoted the wrong one... you asked for literally some of the easiest information to find. But you "searched everywhere"

First off said i couldn't find it not i "searched everywhere" learn to quote better. my bad i couldn't see the part on the page for the evasion you don't gotta be a *** about it. so how about you learn to be a better person and not a giant asshat.
By Godfry 2024-04-08 20:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

First off said i couldn't find it not i "searched everywhere" learn to quote better. my bad i couldn't see the part on the page for the evasion you don't gotta be a *** about it. so how about you learn to be a better person and not a giant asshat.

Calm down, child.
By Ranoutofspace 2024-04-08 21:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit ironic coming from the guy that had a meltdown about someone in 'your' group playing with other people (in completely different content, no less).
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-08 21:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Spill the tea gurl
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-04-08 22:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I often see ppl recommend CDC or Atonement for PLD. Atonement I see no reason for, hate is never really an issue, but I'm curious about CDC. Are ppl seeing decent numbers from it? Or are ppl just using CDC for lack of a better ws? I've just been using an Excal and get 20-30k KoR out of it depending on Chaos Roll/bolster/etc.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-08 22:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »
I often see ppl recommend CDC or Atonement for PLD. Atonement I see no reason for, hate is never really an issue, but I'm curious about CDC. Are ppl seeing decent numbers from it? Or are ppl just using CDC for lack of a better ws? I've just been using an Excal and get 20-30k KoR out of it depending on Chaos Roll/bolster/etc.

Best I’ve seen is excal and kotr. Honestly, if I played pld, I’d consider throwing a mil at caliburnus just for aminon
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-08 22:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

It isn't for damage, it's for helping to keep the WS wall rotated. You ideally want to be wearing Malignance Sword for Aminon so those are your "best" choices.

Also Atonement is extremely useful on other NMs where holding hate is tenuous.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-04-08 22:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It isn't for damage, it's for helping to keep the WS wall rotated.

Figured, was just wondering if ppl were using it for the dmg numbers or just to break up the wall and CDC just happens to be the best they have. Thnx

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Also Atonement is extremely useful on other NMs where holding hate is tenuous.

Agreed, I should have said in my post specifically for Aminon, pretty much anything else gets the Atonement treatment from me.

Best I’ve seen is excal and kotr. Honestly, if I played pld, I’d consider throwing a mil at caliburnus just for aminon

Well I had 0 intention of making the sword before, now I'm wondering how much of a difference it would make...
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-04-09 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

what 4 step WS do you use as SAM against Dhartok?

SimonSes said: »
Shichishito said: »
Are there any other jobs that can obliterate Dhartok like this?

SAM should be able to do similar, if not better. Kasha and Shoha have big attack bonuses, so they should do pretty competitive damage and Fudo is just strong even without attack bonus.

MNK could probably pull this off too. Just not sure how reliable you could 4 step without Sam roll.
By Taint 2024-04-09 12:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjaxtasy said: »
what 4 step WS do you use as SAM against Dhartok?

SimonSes said: »
Shichishito said: »
Are there any other jobs that can obliterate Dhartok like this?

SAM should be able to do similar, if not better. Kasha and Shoha have big attack bonuses, so they should do pretty competitive damage and Fudo is just strong even without attack bonus.

MNK could probably pull this off too. Just not sure how reliable you could 4 step without Sam roll.

Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo. He goes down decently fast as a solo DD using this 4 step.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That 4 step should be engraved in any sams muscle memory at this point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 149 150 151